It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 162.htm
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by InS0MnI

I personally think it has been out of control for a while now..as been said by others is that they are trying to buy time.. and are running out of that...

and yes they should have skipped right past the water dumps and went right to trying to cover it up with concrete..and I am really not sure if that will work at this point...

But then again..I may be spending to much time on ATS this week

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Because I saw some picture of the map showing the devastation caused by Chernobyl in the world and it seemed that there was a huge perimeter that was hit. So if this is worse than chernobyl perhaps it will touch more country that we think.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
By this statement, it's an indication of a 'not so happy ending'...

0345: White House confirms conversation between President Obama and Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan: "The president briefed Prime Minister Kan on the additional support being provided by the US, including specialized military assets with expertise in nuclear response and consequence management. Prime Minister Kan briefed the president on the status of Japanese actions to contain the nuclear emergency and to bring the situation under control."
BBC News
(Emphasis provided by me).

Outlook doesn't look to promising. We have Russia evacuating it's civilians. China evacuating it's civilians. America evacuating it's civilians. South Korea setting up specialized sensitive radiation gates at their airports, scanning passengers... I agree w/ people who mentioned that once they get the evac plans nailed down, thats when we'll start seeing things move faster...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Me too loll, non stop since friday !

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

i know it seems they are buying time. and i cant figure out for what. to fool the masses while they close the bunker doors?

link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Direct link to Interactive animation ...
Forecast for Plume's Path Is a Function of Wind and Weather

.. .look's like Hawaii lucks out.

link   
reply to post by Curio

I understand where you're coming from.

I would have thought the same thing myself, if I had read that post .

The fact is, I'm still not sure I believe it; I keep expecting my friend to call or e-mail me wth a great big "Gotcha!"

But I heard her fear, and she's no actress.

I'm still having trouble believing that we, here in California, could be in any danger.

That's why I decided to reach out with the story: I was hoping someone here might have more information, something that could corroborate the danger my friend was implying.

Thank you for giving me the benefit of your doubt.

I just wish I could settle some of the doubts I'm facing now.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by InS0MnI

I feel for the Japanese,and the whole world,in this situation. This is becoming the worst case scenario. Actually,another Earthquake,and Tsunami would be the clincher.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Burning the rule book is what has exacerbated this mess. Nuclear regulations are there to protect us from these kind of problems. I can count a few dozen violations already in their operations, each of which has made the problem worse.

As to cranking the engine back up, sure, let them try. You've got high background radiation, melted uranium/plutonium rods, whole sections of the building are blown away, pipes mangled, valves frozen shut from the heat and explosions, spent fuel rods burning on the roof, holes in the containment, possibly holes in the reactor vessel, and Lord knows what else. Sure, she'll crank.

I'm not even gonna debate that with you.

TheRedneck

link   

Originally posted by windwaker
I just heard on CNBC that the US Government is sending planes to Tokyo to evacuate American citizens.

I guess the outlook isn't good.

Omaha, Offutt Air Force Base checking in. Aprox. 6 large C-135’s and WC-135W aka Constant Phoenix passed through in the last 2 hours. North depart -> West.

link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by theclutch

If many of us got sick from this, and tried to sue, it would only end up being a payday for the lawyers. Millions of people would get a $250 check and you would have to accept that when entering the lawsuit. But the lawyers would make millions each.

IMO, lawsuits are the last thing we need to concern ourselves with. The safety of other people, and prevention of another incident should be more important.

You've done it! You solved the problem. We can dump layer upon layer of lawyers on the reactors to block the radiation. Contact the embassies of every major nation & tell them we've got the solution.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

well i did see a report somewhere (will have to find it) that showed many high level bankers and officials..buying planes..and paying just about any price charter air services were charging for flights out of the country...(this is ATS after all)

I would like to think they are buying time to evac as many people as they can

found the banker article
link
edit on 16-3-2011 by okiecowboy because: update

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
All cool! Just wondering about what you guys thought. I kinda thought it would be pointless!

Anyways I found this info about the california spike in RADS that happened today!

Be careful guys, and be safe!

Radiation Alert California

24hr History report/california station

Hope this is useful to you guys! I have my Iodide ordered but will not be in till next Thursday!
Looks like I'm buying liquid kelp.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
has anyone heard if tokyo is having rolling brown outs?
a bird told me..was wondering if it was true?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Sorry folks I don't think this is a water dump, but a Neutron absorber.

Let's compare and you tell me what you think, but from my stance it is very very bad.

Look familiar? Chernobyl

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by liejunkie01
80 something msv at 300 ft is not that horrible. It is not good, but please follow the facts.

Unless the facts are twisted, like you all seem to think.

Remember to deny ignorance people. There is alot of speculation going on here.

Current average limit for nuclear workers: 20 mSv/year
US limit for volunteers averting major nuclear escalation: 500 mSv[5]
US limit for volunteers rescuing lives or preventing serious injuries: 1000 mSv

Recorded by the helicopters at 1000 feet: 1000 mSv

en.wikipedia.org...

We are all working hard to deny ignorance
edit on 16-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

With all do respect Zorgon. I was going to mention earlier that most of the speculation halted when you showed up. I believe i starred your post. I have a problem with the radiation readings. As I am not allowed to use Wikipedia as a reference in class. I will not here. If I am having trouble reading this then please let me know.

Here is the chart that was posted earlier that nobody contested.

Here is the radiation readings from Kyodo that nobody contested.

Defense Minister Toshimi Kitazawa said Thursday he has given the go-ahead for Self-Defense Forces helicopters to drop water onto a troubled reactor at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant as the radiation level was 4.13 millisievert per hour at an altitude of 1,000 feet.

english.kyodonews.jp...

Now I am one for the facts. If these facts are not correct, then please someone correct me. I try not to get my information from wikipedia. You should know that Z. I like you so please. Deny ignorance and tell me where I went wrong.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think the time has come for the Japanese Emperor to once again ask his men who is willing to sacrifice their life for the future of the country.

200-300 men sent in with every available tool and precaution with the understanding they probably wont be coming back.

its sad, but unfortunately time is running out for 'being careful'
edit on 16-3-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by InS0MnI
reply to post by sonnny1

Because I saw some picture of the map showing the devastation caused by Chernobyl in the world and it seemed that there was a huge perimeter that was hit. So if this is worse than chernobyl perhaps it will touch more country that we think.

I saw that same map & it looked to me like 1000km - 1500km was the range for the heavier radiation. Kinda made me slightly less apprehensive. It would suck for Russia, China, the Koreas but a good chunk of the US should be ok. Maybe. Hopefully. Oh what do I know, I'm talking out of my rear.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
Kinda been hating to post this, But given the events are not getting better

Radiation plume forecast

link

And no this is not that HOAX map that was going around..

And should be noted this does not show radiation levels

What the heck is an arbitrary unit. Why cant anyone just come clean ever?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
12:08 AM EDT - FLASH: Japan nuclear operator says does not know what caused explosion at Fukushima Daiichi plant reactor No. 4 as there was water in fuel pool.

-Reuters

I think he's referring to the previous explosion? Or was there a new one?

new topics

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join