It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 156.htm
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

I wouldn't trust a word the Japanese government was saying right now if they weren't the only sources of information.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
its hard to explain how i felt when i heard the military had taken over...it was like all my hopes had been drained from me...it really is over...welcome to the beginning.

link   
Anderson grilling a Japanese gov offical on CNN right now!
edit on 16-3-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by ethancoop

Originally posted by JackBauer
8:24 PM EDT - Tokyo Electric says it is getting ready to inject water into reactor No.3 at Fukushima Daiichi

-Reuters

hmm..

inject water? what have they been doing to this point?

They are planning to use a police riot control cannon to shoot water into #3 There is a hole where his pencil is

link   

URGENT: Radiation level at 4.13 millisievert above Fukushima nuke plant

Defense Minister Toshimi Kitazawa said Thursday he has given the go-ahead for Self-Defense Forces helicopters to drop water onto a troubled reactor at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant as the radiation level was 4.13 millisievert per hour at an altitude of 1,000 feet. The level comes to 87.7 millisievert at 300 feet, the minister also said.

Source

link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

That article just scared the crap out of me.

link   
Russia is prepared to evacuate their people from the Pacific Kuril archipelago and Sakhalin island.

Russia ready to 'evacuate islands' over Japan risk

That article came out yesterday.

This article came out today.

Russia decides to evacuate diplomatic families from Japan

The Russian government has decided to evacuate the families of its diplomatic personnel in Japan in the nearest future, the Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.

"Due to the latest developments in Japan, it has been decided that tentatively on March 18 the families of the Russian missions staff in Japan, including the embassy in Tokyo, consulates generals, the trade mission and some others will temporarily leave the country," said a statement posted on the ministry's website.

However, Russia has not yet planned to evacuate the personnel of Russian diplomatic missions or other Russian government institutions from Japan, according to the statement.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casing
0231 : Japanese defence minister Toshimi Kitazawa confirms four water drops took place over the Fukushima Daiichi plant. He says 11 "special purpose vehicles" manned by defence forces will conduct water spraying operations from the ground on Thursday afternoon.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Many will call this a futile attempt but at least they're doing something for god's sake.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

I believe "special purpose vehicles" equals those riot-suppressing water-canon trucks, hopefully maybe a bull-dozer or too also?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD
Anderson grilling a Japanese gov offical on CNN right now!
edit on 16-3-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

Listening to it right now. The guy won't answer a direct question. He is dancing around evey question.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I found this link very informative:
www.reuters.com ...

We're right now safe. I read a link that says 87 millisievert 300 feet above plant #1. A dose of 100 mSv over a year has been conclusively linked to a small increase in cancer (very small). Even 1000 mSv would only cause a fatal cancer in proceeding years in 5% of the cases. This at least puts thigns into perspective. But things can happen quick i'm sure! We just have to wait and see and hope the core reactors are cooling and that the spent rods don't burn.
edit on 16-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I was thinking the same thing about the people not leaving.

Maybe the situation from the quake and tsunami makes it impossibility -, too much debris, roads washed out, maybe they just don't know what direction to go.

Where do 47 million people go where they can have food water and shelter? That is main Tokyo alone

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Just in from BBC

China making Japan evacuation plans

Chinese authorities say that 30,000 Chinese nationals live in the areas of north east Japan most affected by the earthquake and tsunami.

More than 2,000 nationals have already been evacuated.

Two ships with the capacity to evacuate 4,000 people have left China heading for Japan, while reports suggest two Chinese airlines have put on additional flights to help with the evacuation.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
A picture of Tokyo.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
There's so much spin, downplaying, and evasion now because behind closed doors they're planning serious panic control and mass evacuations. Right now they're just trying to buy time. The water spray activities could just be a sort of dog and pony show to try to convince people that something's being done. What I suspect is that multiple meltdowns are in progress and once they nail down the mass evac plans you'll see them begin to implement in a panic control way (also low key as possible). JMHO

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD
I'm sure people know the basic north south east west direction and where they are located. I have climed up mountains and over some pretty hairy terrain. From the pics and video I've seen I would have hit the north western coast by about today on foot. I probably wouldn't sleep till day 2 and even then it would be short. If I could do it any person 12-40 years old probably could. If I had to carry people in my family I would might take longer but you could bet I'd be walkin!!!

And once you and the other 40 plus million people get there... then what? It's winter... snow on the ground. How many in Tokyo do you think are survivalists? Logistic nightmare
edit on 16-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
OMG...has martial law begun in Japan?

This from Twitter (19 minutes ago):

RT @Japan_reuters: Mizuho: ATMs stop working across Japan, cause unknown reut.rs...

UPDATE: False alarm. The ATMs appear to be working again.
edit on 16-3-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
A little assistance here, if possible.

Got a strange call from a former work collegue today. (March 16, 2011).

I've known this person for almost 20 years. She is as level-headed and practical as all get-out; her husband is a top-flight corporate attorney and a senior partner in his firm.

These are are solid people, in my estimation.

Which is why the call I got has me...curious/concerned.

It seems my friend has a contact in Japan (She wouldn't say where) who relayed some disturbing information (wouldn't say, specifically, what; but did mention that the info being given out about the MOX fuel, amoung other things, is way wrong)

She wouldn't go into specifics of any kind, but urged me to leave home NOW for, perhaps, Arizona (And me without a passport!), and plan to stay there for at least 72 hours; possibly permanently.

She said, that, in fact, she was flying her children (all minors under 12 yrs old, I believe) out of the state Tonight!

We both live in northern California.

I could hear the barely controlled fear in hear voice, and she seemed to be at first worried that her call would be monitored, then she decided that it didn't matter.

I don't know what to think at this point.

It's as if your sweet, very proper, old granny, who never misses church on Sunday and blushes when someone says "Damn", suddenly stripped down to her bra and panties and began pole-dancing!

I'm flumoxed!

link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Did you hear the pride in his voice when he mentioned how they had a "major operation" underway... the water dumping? These guys have no earthly idea what is going on!

God save us from those who want to save us...

TheRedneck

link   
Yep despite Anderson's best attempt to grill the Japanese official he avoided every question and gave no real info...this is sad. Anderson out right asked why do many people in Tokyo believe the US's info over their own government's. No real answer for that as well. This is really sad what do you do when you have no way to find out how bad it really is. Maybe these people haven't begun the walk to safety cause they just don't know how bad it really is there right now!

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join