Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1389
<< 1386  1387  1388    1390  1391  1392 >>

join

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hey. Our Pal Knuckel has had his channel pulled down. GONE! A bud said he got this notice when he tried to go in.
"YouTube account nuckelchenblogde has been terminated because we received multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:
Tokyo Broadcasting System, Inc.
NHK"
You can read more at the cam watchers thread on ENE.{near the bottom.}
enenews.com...
edit on 2-8-2013 by Aircooled because: Forgot something

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
They did that to the French dude also, Alex Playbacklapompe.

I hope secure and extensive backups are being taken with this ATS thread.

And in light of all the recent revelations of astronomically HUGE readings of radioactive nuclides, the TEPCO reports on this page are a complete joke:

www.tepco.co.jp...

Kinda like the accounting principles that Enron and Worldcom used.

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I take it this is bad, yes?
Mainichi

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Friday that an estimated 20 trillion to 40 trillion becquerels of radioactive tritium may have flowed from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant into the Pacific Ocean since May 2011.

The plant operator reported the estimate to the Nuclear Regulation Authority after recently admitting that toxic water, accumulating at the site since the nuclear crisis was triggered on March 11, 2011, is seeping into the sea.

TEPCO said the release is around the level allowed under safety regulations, which is 22 trillion becquerels annually, but acknowledged that it had not taken place in a controlled way.

Mainichi

Radioactive groundwater at the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant has risen to levels above a barrier being built to contain it, highlighting the risk of an increasing amount of contaminated water reaching the sea, Japanese media reported on Saturday.

Oh and then there is this report of a 6.0 shaking the area
Japan Quake
edit on 4-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Pretty Good Shake From the 6.0 Quake

Starts 14:35 into the clip:

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hey folks!! Sorry, been a real fast and furious several weeks.

This is an interesting video with some interesting views of radiation spread.

investmentwatchblog.com...

Sorry, also thought this was interesting. Yeah, radioactive water might START spilling at Fuk. Seriously? Well, this is from the heart of the MSM...

now.msn.com...
edit on 4-8-2013 by matadoor because: Another link added.....

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
And from the "Yeah, we said this years ago" department...

From of all sources, the Moscow Times.

www.themoscowtimes.com...

"According to Russian customs, more than 930 radiation-contaminated vehicles from Japan have been detected at Far Eastern ports since a magnitude-9 earthquake and subsequent tsunami ravaged the Fukushima nuclear power plant in central Japan.

However, the number of contaminated vehicles is declining by the month, a customs official in Vladivostok said, adding that only used vehicles and spare parts were the concern."

Okay folks, I've not seen any news report talking about radioactive Japanese cars being detected or turned away, if so, I must have completely missed that one.

Wonder how many are driving around the US blissfully unaware that their car is radioactive?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Japan Finally Admits The Truth: "Right Now, We Have An Emergency At Fukushima"

Tepco is struggling to contain the highly radioactive water that is seeping into the ocean near Fukushima. The head of Japan's NRA, Shinji Kinjo exclaimed, "right now, we have an emergency," as he noted the contaminated groundwater has breached an underground barrier and is rising toward the surface - exceeding the limits of radioactive discharge. In a rather outspoken comment for the typically stoic Japanese, Kinjo said Tepco's "sense of crisis was weak," adding that "this is why you can't just leave it up to Tepco alone" to grapple with the ongoing disaster. As Reuters notes, Tepco has been accused of covering up shortcomings and has been lambasted for its ineptness in the response and while the company says it is taking actions to contain the leaks, Kinjo fears if the water reaches the surface "it would flow extremely fast," with some suggesting as little as three weeks until this critical point.

www.zerohedge.com...

This event may destroy Japan.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

"-" indicates that the measurement was out of range"

So what's the range TEPCO?

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

I hope secure and extensive backups are being taken with this ATS thread.

- Purple Chive

yep, here are the last 100 or so pages in summary
also for the Bayou Corne sinkhole thread too. Place the thread number and a 4-digit page number (like 0012, 1123) into the boxes at the bottom, from there you can just hit back and next.

The reference for this thread has fallen by the wayside unfortunately so is really quite out of date. This is because I have a huge bug in one of my programs and have not got around to sorting it out. I can do mysql searches on my database for anyone who needs info though. It is just the automatic programs are not running at the moment.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

"According to Russian customs, more than 930 radiation-contaminated vehicles from Japan have been detected at Far Eastern ports since a magnitude-9 earthquake and subsequent tsunami ravaged the Fukushima nuclear power plant in central Japan.

However, the number of contaminated vehicles is declining by the month, a customs official in Vladivostok said, adding that only used vehicles and spare parts were the concern."

Okay folks, I've not seen any news report talking about radioactive Japanese cars being detected or turned away, if so, I must have completely missed that one.

Wonder how many are driving around the US blissfully unaware that their car is radioactive?

even worse in some ways is the Japanese "surplus" vehicles sold all over Asia and poorer countries, i have been wondering how many of these are full of radiation. even how many have been sent from the "containment zone", as a nice way to profitably get rid of them. i know there are many "Japanese surplus vehicles" in the Philippines, i even drive one myself (a pre-disaster one). is this something that governments should be looking into, then going after the Japanese government for funds to deal with increased healthcare costs for those exposed to the radiation by buying vehicles that never should have been permitted to leave japan?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
And then this little nugget...

TEPCO in Press Conference “Situation at Fukushima is Bleak” No idea how to stop it.

revolutionradio.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Text Blackreply to post by MidnightTide

With the knowledge that has been shared here, we have known all along that the situation was bad. It may well end up destroying the World. As bad as it has been, it is scary to wonder what made them admit it?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogiegk
Text Blackreply to post by MidnightTide

With the knowledge that has been shared here, we have known all along that the situation was bad. It may well end up destroying the World. As bad as it has been, it is scary to wonder what made them admit it?

makes you wonder doesn't it...

it has been leaking since day one and they know that, they have leaked many tons into the ocean on a regular basis for 2.5 years so why would they announce it now, they could have easily hidden it like they have been.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boogiegk

This has always been a fairly accurate assumption to make:

Any release or spill Tepco admits to, multiply by a factor of 10 for a closer to actual approximation for the event in question.

That being the case, and knowing what we know, what is the actual situation?

All 3 masses of corium are completely free of the buildings and in the water table beneath the plants?

There's been tons of highly radioactive steam being reported around building 3 (and 4 too?) lately that is more than likely indicative of free flowing water directly over an extremely hot mass of nuclear lava, one that's been heating up in the predicted fashion.

So if they are coming out with this, what is really the case?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

just bought a 2013 Subaru Crosstrek and it's clean, although i think they make most of it in America, you would think the parts may still be hot if they ever were.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
"With the knowledge that has been shared here, we have known all along that the situation was bad. It may well end up destroying the World. As bad as it has been, it is scary to wonder what made them admit it? "

Looks like they ran out of lies around 90 trillion bequerels, bogiegk

"Any release or spill Tepco admits to, multiply by a factor of 10 for a closer to actual approximation for the event in question. "

At least... J+C

"So what's the range TEPCO? "

The range is ND, purple. {Not devulged}

Reactor3 seawater tunnel layout drawings differ from Tepco’s maps
Tepco doesn't seem to have a complete set of blueprints for the place. If their was a bomb factory or fast breeder built in the basement any tunnels flowing out from there wouldn't be included in the {above ground blueprints.}
fukushima-diary.com...

Moch found this somewhere on Japanese TV.
I guess seas can boil!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

u know that could be chlorine gas. but im wrong,,right?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
In the comments section of that zerohedge link above we find this - Here is a link to the comment by Not Too Important
I think this is really sad but it will be the kind of thing we will be seeing in the future unfortunately.

"Whoever said that should prove it live on TV, and have a "how am I feeling?" report everyday for the people to see."
'Japanese Journalist Dies Of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (Was Living Inside 30 Km Area To Support Fukushima, Eating Fukushima Fish)'

link given in comment

'Japan TV host diagnosed with acute lymphocytic leukemia — Had been eating Fukushima produce on show'

link given in comment

The case of Japan’s Imperial Family getting sick:

The 9-year-old daughter of the crown prince and princess was hospitalized for a few days for mycoplasma pneumonia (NHK News 11/5/2011). The empress has been ill with aches and pains in the arms and legs (Sankei Shinbun 10/12/2011). Now the emperor himself is being hospitalized for bronchitis (Mainichi Shinbun 11/6/2011).

The areas surrounding the imperial household in the center of Tokyo in Chiyoda-ku has elevated radiation levels. The foodstuff that is used in the imperial household – vegetables, milk, egg, beef – comes from the imperial farm in Nasu, Tochigi Prefecture (Imperial Household Agency, announcement on 7/21/2011) where the radiation is even more elevated and where the meat cow nearby was found with high level of radioactive cesium. (This link goes to my English blog post.)

The daughter of the crown prince and princess spent her summer vacation in Nasu. (This link is also in English.) The Kan administration sent the emperor and empress in April and May to cheer up the quake/tsunami victims in Chiba, Ibaraki, Miyagi, Fukushima, Iwate, 7 weeks in a row. They ate food in Fukushima, and bring some home for their sons’ families.

link given in comment
edit on 6 Aug 2013 by qmantoo because: typo

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I have the deepest respect for the Japanese people, their culture and heritage, the symbology and depth of their religion. This is obviously a horrible tragedy that deserves more attention than it has actually gained, its a blight on a wonderful people, a beautiful land and a threat to humanity in ways that we have yet to imagine.

WIth all that said, and in complete seriousness.

Japan.

Now is the time to build a fleet of powerful spaceships, establish some colonies, and then build some giant robots before enlisting a group of brave teenagers to face this nuclear horror.

edit on 7-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Aircooled

u know that could be chlorine gas. but im wrong,,right?

Right because chlorine gas is a green color and it reacts with almost everything. It reacts violently with alumnium to form aluminium trichloride. AlCl3 is a white and that could be what you see. But you would also see a bright light where the reaction is taking place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1386  1387  1388    1390  1391  1392 >>

join