It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1383.htm
<< 1380  1381  1382    1384  1385  1386 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
A lot of photos seem to be repeated as well. Like they have been told to swamp us with images so we get bored with looking through them. This is rather like NASA and curiousity mars rover images.

As I was going through these in the pdf I thought they were just giving us any old rubbish and some are even out of focus or moved. Thats why I think they have been told to give us as many as they possibly can (which do not show anything interesting).

One image in the pdf has the right hand side blacked out, so why not expand it and turn it on its side like they have with some others? Makes a change from them trying to hide changes that they've made I suppose.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Fukushima tuna study finds minuscule health risks 04Jun13

This is quite probably a blatent lie. The Ken Buesseler research vessel trip and his subsequent reports found a ton of radiation in fish out there between USA and Japan. See the MP3 podcast below

The latest findings follow up on a 2012 study that found radioactive cesium, a nuclear reactor byproduct, in tuna caught off California in the months after the triple meltdown at Fukushima Daiichi. The attention that study received led scientists to take another look at the data, said Nicholas Fisher, a marine science professor at New York's Stony Brook University.
"People did not know how to translate that into a dose, or into what risk do I have from eating that tuna," Fisher said. "The paper that's coming out today addresses that."
They found that anyone who eats the bluefin -- highly prized for sushi and sashimi -- would get about 5% of the radiation they'd get from eating one typical banana, a fruit high in naturally radioactive potassium. The results were released Monday by the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Even subsistence fishermen, who eat far more fish than the typical American, would receive a dose of radiation from the cesium isotopes released in the meltdown equivalent to a single dental X-ray, Fisher and his colleagues reported. That translates to a "worst-case scenario" of two additional cancer deaths for every 10 million people in that category, he said.

Japan's irradiated waters: How worried should we be? 26 Apr 11
By Ken Buesseler, Special to CNN April 26, 2011

Radioactive levels staying high off Fukushima Daiichi in Japan 26Oct12

Fish caught off Fukushima still show high levels of radiation 26Oct12

Ken Buesseler, Woods Hole: Fukushima Radiation Moved Rapidly Out Into Pacific Ocean 9Apr13

Scientists say some radioactive cesium levels in seawater are higher farther away than adjacent to Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant.
Marine chemist Ken Buesseler, a senior scientist at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in the U.S. state of Massachusetts, was among those carrying out the research in Pacific waters last June.
“Some of those concentrations were up to 100-1,000 times higher than what had existed off Japan before the accident," said Buesseler. "Those levels are still low relative to direct impacts on humans, in terms of exposure, and organisms living in them. And, even if you eat the seafood from these waters off shore, that would be the primary pathway by which you might be affected at this point in time.”

Fish caught off Fukushima exceeds cesium legal limit

Fish containing 258 times the legal limit of radioactive cesium have been caught in waters off Fukushima, according to Fukushima No 1 nuclear power plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO).
Two rock trout caught about 20 km (12 mi) to the north of the plant were found to contain 25,800 becquerels per kg of cesium -- the highest amount detected in surveys done since last year's nuclear catastrophe.
Consuming 200 g of fish containing this amount of cesium would amount to an internal radiation exposure of 0.08 millisievert for a human. The annual safety limit for radiation exposure from food products is 1 millisievert.

Woods Hole Oceanographic
Researchers Assess Radioactivity Released to the Ocean from the Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Facility

==============================
IEEE Spectrum
Fukushima Fish Still Radioactive 25Oct12

Fukushima’s Impact on the Ocean Analyzed 11Jan12

Restructuring and Retrenchment in Nuclear Fuels 29May13

=================================
REALLY interesting podcast talk by Ken Buesseler at the conference. Does warn us about the radiation falling on the bottom of the ocean.
FUKUSHIMA SYMPOSIUM 2013
MP3 Podcast with Ken Buesseler organised by Helen Caldicot foundation. 11Mar1

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Also there is this July 011 health survey vid that keeps getting pulled. Catch it before it's gone again.

New biz.

Around 1:20 between R #2 and R #3 it starts steaming bigtime.

"played a part in a farmer’s 2011 suicide"....? Like they're only partially responsible?? How about "Caused"
www.japantimes.co.jp...
“I just didn’t want Tepco to keep saying no one was killed because of the nuclear accident,”

Don’t dump radioactive groundwater into sea, Fukushima fishermen tell Tepco
www.japantimes.co.jp...

"It’s clear that the west coast of the United States will be affected by the radiation from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant." .....
"Akio Matsumura, Diplomat: Let me clarify. We are facing global disaster — catastrophe — occurring. From that perspective, over 40 years, 50 years, or maybe 100 years. We cannot escape from this fact. If you are counting on Japan, I can assure you now they do not take serious action."
www.youtube.com...

I find this so strange. Using ancient beliefs in this way.
If you don't eat radioactive plants... the God's will be pissed!
fukushima-diary.com...

One more Gone!
Southern California Edison Announces Plans to Retire San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station
www.edison.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The mid-west is blank [11 States off the air.....I'm sure it's all a big coincidence] and Minnisota seems to be glowing a bit again at 113 cpm.

www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Seawater Rad Results

Some places really spiked.

www.tepco.co.jp...

(AC and Q...you are amazing -- thanks for all the info you post!!!)

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
While researching another issue I came across quite a nice graphic of the Uranium Decay Chain (page 26 in this PDF file here )

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
TEPCO moves all radioactive water from leaky underground tanks

10Jun13

Tokyo Electric Power Co. said June 9 that it has transferred all 24,000 tons of highly radioactive water from leaky underground tanks to surface tanks at the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant.
The utility moved highly radioactive water to steel surface tanks after leaks were found in the No. 2 and No. 3 underground tanks in early April. The cause of the leaks remains unknown.
At one of the surface tanks, water was found spilling from around a bolt connecting the steel plates that form the tank’s wall on June 5. TEPCO said the leak stopped after some of the water was removed and put in another storage tank.

The No. 4 underground storage tank holds 3,000 tons of low-level radioactive water that had accumulated in the basements of the No. 5 and No. 6 reactor buildings.

TEPCO plans to begin moving the water to the basement of the No. 6 reactor turbine building in mid-June.

My bolding in the quote above. The problem here is that they are moving the water to the basment of Reactor 6 so that they can dump it in the sea up there which they have alledgedly done previously.
==================================

NRA to inspect Japan’s only online nuclear reactors on June 15 10Jun13

An onsite inspection of Japan’s only two operating nuclear reactors will be conducted by the Nuclear Regulation Authority by June 15 to assess if they are safe enough to continue operations beyond July. The NRA will be implementing new security requirements for nuclear plants by then and they need to assess whether the No. 3 and No. 4 reactors will be able to meet up to those new standards.

20 inspectors from the NRA, including Commissioner Toyoshi Fuketa will be inspecting the plant’s air-cooled power generator for emergency use and the newly installed water pumps at the Oi nuclear plant in Fukui Prefecture. The NRA has asked Kansai Electric Power Co, the operator of the Oi plant, to create safety measures under different scenarios like reactor core meltdowns or reactor containers being severely damaged. Kansai said they are planning to use a 108-sq.-meter meeting room that is just right next to the control room as an emergency command center in case of a serious accident. The NRA will also be inspecting if there are active faults under the nuclear plant on the coast of the Sea of Japan. After the inspection, the NRA will decide on whether the two reactors can operate through September, after which they will be undergoing mandatory routine inspections.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Hey qmantoo, I just found your archive website for this thread and the Bayou Corne thread,--Great work!

Here is a link to a Colloquim from Woods Hole held 9 May 2013 titled, Fukushima and the Ocean. Ken Buesseler was a presenter, as well as others, and there was an hour long discussion afterward.
The presentation and discussion have direct links on the right-hand side of the page.

"Thank you" to all who have worked to keep this thread going.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
"Radioactive density in seawater spiked 20 times much after opening the silt fence for only 40 mins"
Hmmmm looks like the silt fence was by #6.
fukushima-diary.com...

"Apparently absent from this plan is any process to deal with or further confirm the location of the melted fuel in the torus room"
"So the effort to drain the tunnels appears to be a quiet admission the marine researchers were correct."

I wish we had some blueprints of these tunnels ... and where they go?
www.simplyinfo.org...

"Tepco completed transferring contaminated water but still all β nuclide detected outside of the reservoirs"
"The highest reading was 360,000,000 Bq/m2 from the leakage detector water of reservoir No.1."
fukushima-diary.com...

"Saturday the first set of independent thyroid screenings for children from the Fukushima region took place in Tokyo. "
www.simplyinfo.org...

"TEPCO acknowledges that the exact path to decommissioning remains unclear because an assessment of the state of the melted reactor cores has not yet been carried out."
And they're looking for the best! ...
"Some of the recent workers, rounded up by the lesser contractors, appear uneducated and can’t read well, he said."
... Atta Boy Tepco! Don't want them understanding those silly geiger readings!
au.finance.yahoo.com...

And Knuckle's latest.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Japan's first lady says she is 'anti-nuclear' 11Jun13

Tokyo: The wife of Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe does not like nuclear power and would rather her husband's government did not try to export it, she said in a speech.

In comments that appear to run against the grain of government thinking, which is increasingly moving towards switching mothballed reactors back on, Akie Abe said Japan should press on instead with renewables.

"I feel bad that Japan is trying to sell nuclear power plants overseas because I am anti-nuclear," she said in a closed-door speech last Thursday at an event organised by a non-profit group that supports farming communities.

=======================================

(They mean R#4 NOT R#1 I think)

Damaged reactor building at Fukushima plant fully covered

OKUMA, Fukushima Prefecture--A canopy has been completed over a heavily damaged reactor building at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant in preparation for removing the spent nuclear fuel inside.

Tokyo Electric Power Co. allowed reporters to tour part of the facility, which experienced reactor meltdowns after the 2011 earthquake and tsunami disaster, on June 11.

The upper part of the No. 4 reactor building was blown off in a hydrogen explosion. The canopy covering it will prevent further leakage of radioactive substances when workers remove spent nuclear fuel from the building. The No. 4 reactor had been shut down for regular maintenance when the tsunami struck, but its storage pool contains 1,533 spent fuel rod bundles that still generate large amounts of heat.

TEPCO has said it will equip the canopy with a hoist to remove spent nuclear fuel from the pool as part of the decommissioning process at the crippled plant.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
(They mean R#4 NOT R#1 I think)
Thanks for the post. I think they meant exactly what they said. All six reactors are at dai-ichi which means "number one", so that's what they refer to when they say "No. 1".
edit on 12-6-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ahh yes.Fukushima number 1 is Daiichi, number 2 is Daini I see. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
www.japantoday.com...

Yeah they're not removing any fuel yet. That's a misleading title. They're really just announcing they've built a new fuel crane at #4. This whole project is just about getting a new working fuel crane up there. If some of the assemblies are fused/burning/stuck together, I have no idea how they might lift them out? But hey, even getting half out and casked would be 50,000 fuel rods. [1535 fuel assemblies X 66 rods = 101,310 fuel rods.]

In 2005 JP media reported over 1.5 million died in Ukraine due to Chernobyl, in 2011 JP Gov “Only 43″
fukushima-diary.com...
Radiation level spiked from 57.1 μSv/h to 90 μSv/h within 3 months in an elementary school of Fukushima city
fukushima-diary.com... y/

Waiting on a barge ride?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
2 years down and only another 100's and 1000's to go. They will probably say it is low-level radioactive waste and so it can be dumped in the sea. The more that is stock-piled the bigger issue it will be to deal with it when the time c0mes, there must be 100's of tons of the stuff already. Each bag is probably what... half a ton perhaps?

They seriously need to get ideas from people across the world on what to do with this stuff.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It all started from a thread by westcoast about fairly recent earth changes and the lovely photos he took. The link below is one of the links he gave in that thread.

If anyone has any HAARP theories, they may be able to tie in something with this article from May 2011.

Study Suggests Atmospheric Changes Signaled Japan's Monster Quake 19may11

Not peer-reviewed at the point of this article but...

A team of Russian and American scientists is attracting worldwide attention with a paper that finds that Japan's devastating March earthquake was preceded by marked atmospheric changes near the quake's epicenter immediately before it struck. The finding is the latest in more than a decade of research looking into the possibility that stresses in the Earth's crust before a major quake may be connected to pronounced changes in the atmosphere from the surface to its uppermost layers.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Sort of an aside.....

lovely photos he took

Westcoast is most DEFINITELY a she! In one of her threads you will find a picture of her.

Many of these 'studies' seem to be little more than looking for a cause given the effect, or is that the other way round?

For example before how many other earthquakes has the temperature risen in the days before the event?

A: Many probably.

Q. Before how many other earthquakes has the temperature fallen before the event?

A; Many probably.

One cannot take a singular event in isolation and state that what happened before the event is 'the norm'. That is just bad science.

I have no doubt that there are effects, probably upon the ionosphere, but as I keep on saying, despite all the researchers going backwards in time and matching effect to causes, no one has successfully gone forwards in time and stated that an effect will have a cause that will become known. I personally believe that says something.

edit on 15/6/2013 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This is what should be on the news. Well worth your time.

We're sick of cleaning our radioactive $hit up and it doesn't work anyway, so don't bug us anymore.
Government secretly backtracks on Fukushima decontamination goal
ajw.asahi.com...

Sudden increase in heart attacks amongst the young in Japan is now blamed on fast food.
fukushima-diary.com...

Leak leak leak....
ex-skf.blogspot.ca...

Puff puff puff.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I have a thread posted on my blog about how the government wanted to get rid of the blame for the culpable negligence after all the open air nuclear tests and how they knew radioactive particles cause lung cancer 100% of the time, so they embarked on blaming it on smoking despite it being proved that smoking has nothing to do with it. So in light of that, I wonder what the lung cancer rate will be in Japan now and I am sure they will blame it on smoking.

The funny thing is Greece has a much higher smoking amount per population and yet much lower rates of lung cancer. How can we find out the actual percentage increase in lung and skin cancer after Fukishima? Also, the other health problems that are bound to crop up? I have seen some reports of increased illness, but just like the BP oil spill we never hear about the health of the people living near the coast there either.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

"My bolding in the quote above. The problem here is that they are moving the water to the basment of Reactor 6 so that they can dump it in the sea up there which they have alledgedly done previously."
You mean this jury rigged sewer between #1 and #5, by the beach or one of it's counterparts that we didn't see.

June 16th Elizabeth Colorado

June 17th Elizabeth Colorado

Fukushima NRC FOIA Docs: Knowingly Put Troops & Sailors in Radiactive Plume

Pics of the bad welds in the filtration system.
ex-skf.blogspot.ca...

"TEPCO's PR people are a really weird bunch. They are the ones who invited journalists to the plant. But they obstruct our work, and shout at us non-stop.
Under the pretext of "we consider your safety first", they don't allow us even to stop for a moment, they put their hands on our camera lenses to stop us from taking pictures. This is worse than a North Korean armed guard."
ex-skf.blogspot.ca...

“Sr-90 and Cs-137 from my sister’s breast milk, hospital says we worry too much”
fukushima-diary.com...

Confirmed: EPA Rigged RADNET Japan Nuclear Radiation Monitoring Equipment
www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

The present Japanese government ( the Abe administration ), in their efforts to resume the operation of the nuclear power plants in Japan and to promote their exportation overseas, is trying to “delete” the memories and lessons of Fukushima from their official records. - See more at: www.dianuke.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Elizabeth Colorado again. June 18th.

Somebody even snagged it on the main board.

new topics

top topics

<< 1380  1381  1382    1384  1385  1386 >>

join