Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1381
<< 1378  1379  1380    1382  1383  1384 >>

join

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
In the Japanese government, it is Business as Usual I guess... Nothing seems to have stopped them forging ahead to complete and utter (literal) meltdown and they also want to take others with them. If I was India, I would not touch Japanese 'experts' with a bargepole since they seem to have messed up their own country pretty well. However, I guess it is all about exporting nuclear weapon technology NOT nuclear power plant technology. India did not listen to the people demonstrating about their new nuclear power plants anyway. They just got the police to beat the women and children until they all ran away or got carried off to jail if I remember correctly.

Japan, India to resume talks on nuclear cooperation pact

Japan and India are set to agree on the restart of talks on bilateral cooperation in nuclear energy development during a summit meeting of the two countries' leaders scheduled for later this month, Japanese government sources said Monday.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga told reporters earlier in the day, "We have judged it sensible to negotiate an accord with India on nuclear cooperation."

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is expected to promote Japanese exports of nuclear power plants to India under such an accord, when he meets with his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh on May 29 in Tokyo, the sources said. The move comes despite widespread concerns over the safety of nuclear power generation following the disaster at the Fukushima Daiichi complex.

The Indian side has "expressed strong hope for a nuclear agreement with Japan even after the nuclear accident," Suga said. "As a country having experienced a disaster, (Japan) is responsible for contributing to the improved safety of atomic energy by sharing knowledge and lessons with the world."

Japanese Officials Visit Hanford For Nuclear Cleanup Strategies

The people overseeing the cleanup of the Fukushima nuclear power plant disaster are learning some valuable lessons from the long-running cleanup at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation. A Japanese government delegation recently toured some of the southeast Washington site.

In Japan, workers in gloves and masks are grinding down sidewalks and roads, wiping down rooftops and bagging contaminated soil. Now, the problem is where to put all that radioactive waste from Fukushima.

Enter Mark Triplett, a senior advisor at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory in Richland. On a consulting trip to Japan, he saw bags of waste piling up in school yards, near homes and in sports stadiums. Then back home, Tripplet hosted a 10-person Japanese delegation for a tour of Hanford.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

The "proofs" you desire, such as testing of cows and horses and migraines? At our own expense no doubt. Oh wait I'll just go spend $250,000 on some equipment so I can autopsy a dead horse because some dude on a thread asked me to.

Well, actually, considering it's you making the outlandish claims, the onus is on you to prove their veracity.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Better yet, will you stop feeding your child radioactive food solely on the basis of peer-reviewed research? How many peer-reviewed articles will it take to "prove" to you? 1? 2? 5? And you think that's ok? Do you even know how long the peer-review process takes? You think your daughter's thyroid cares one bit about the peer review process? You think that peer-reviewed journals will jump and down with glee to publish research on this issue? You think scientists don't care about their funding or their reputations? You are woefully naive, but for your daughter... dangerously naive.

You seem to mention my daughter a lot and It's a bit creepy. Please desist.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hey.... lets make up some science!.... They'll believe anything now.
Invisible radioactive lightening.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Hey.... lets make up some science!.... They'll believe anything now.
Invisible radioactive lightening.

And this is related to Fukushima because?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Believe it or not, this is an actual phenomena. Our own kdog posted this thread to which I contributed a bit.

It seems as though it is another type of discharge within a thunderstorm which dissipates the built up electrical charge extremely fast.

It's a cascade effect of gamma rays producing positrons and electrons which produce more gamma rays hat turn around and produce positrons and electrons etc. a positive feedback loop is established and in a tiny amount of time a huge amount of electricity is discharged.

It fluoresces in ultraviolet and is thus "invisible" to the naked eye. The problem being it can deliver a lifetime dose of ionizing radiation within a mere fraction of a second and you'd never even k ow you'd been exposed to it unless you happened to be flying with the equipment to detect the discharge.

reply to post by Alekto

This post of mine highlights and exains the ideas behind the aersolization of the fuel elements.

Im not sure what you're having trouble understanding.

The fact that radioactive material from an operating reactor was jettisoned high into the atmosphere and has been spread across the globe or the effects of low dose radiation.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Researchers find high cesium in some Pacific plankton

Scientists said Tuesday they have detected radioactive cesium from the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant in plankton collected from all 10 points in the Pacific they checked, with the highest levels at around 25 degrees north latitude and 150 degrees west longitude.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

I never made any such claims. Check your facts. I think you'll find you are the only one making accusations against paper tigers.

You seem to mention my daughter a lot and It's a bit creepy. Please desist.

Why? Getting uncomfortable are we? You brought the subject to the table, fair game. Besides anyone who has no problem at all knowingly feeding an infant Fuku-food is beyond creepy. I'd like to think your just ignorant, either way, you need to wakey wakey sleepy head. Make some room in your head for some information.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Wertwog because: oh why can't I resist?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Ok, J+C.... it's possible, but you have to admit the timing, and what could be spun into this {attributed to... blamed on this}, make you pause and think?

And speaking of "plankton" and the sea rads, checking near the surface doesn't seem to tell the whole story.
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Ok, J+C.... it's possible, but you have to admit the timing, and what could be spun into this {attributed to... blamed on this}, make you pause and think?

I would be with you on the timing on this, but the research goes back to the 90's in the modern era and I found references to the dark lightning being captured on photographic plates as far back as the 1890's.

It seems as though those plates are responsive to ultra violet light and early scientists were at a loss to explain why there would be occasional bright white streaks of lightning mixed within the "normal lightning" on negatives that did not show on the final print.

Ultraviolet light will not display in a normal print.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well, this would take a few nights to go through. Somebody has put in a lot of time assembling these links and I think it's worth bookmarking.
A complete history of Fubars at fuk.
translate.google.com...

Speaking of fubars more are hidden at Hanford.
www.king5.com...

J+C, speaking of Timing {coincidence} that makes me pause and think, I can't help wondering if there might be a connection between this newly admitted {Feb 27th} "Near-miss" at Chalk R......
"There was no danger when a Chalk River nuclear operator mistakenly closed a vital pumping system that cools the immense heat generated within the NRU reactor’s core, Atomic Energy assured federal nuclear safety officials Wednesday.
{“Significance Level 1,” }

www.ottawacitizen.com...

And these convoys to the states announced in late winter?.
"Bomb-grade uranium to be shipped secretly from Chalk River, Ontario nuclear plant to U.S."
news.nationalpost.com...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Knuckles latest capture.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
How Fukushima Contamination May Have Spread via Waterways
“Because Japan’s irrigation system is so advanced, the speed with which radioactive substances spread is also fast,”
Dumping swept up fallout in ravines doesn't help either
blogs.wsj.com...

A very good podcast with Arnie and Bob Alverez
So the worst of the radioactive crap 90% is in the bottom of the hanford tanks.... but that would be what leaks out first.
fairewinds.org...
You know they keep talking about the pro's and con's of glassifying the waste. Some think the logs might only last 100 years. You now what? I say do it, but with the understanding that it's just a safe way to lock it up for 50 years or so while they {seriously} invent a way to deal with it, if it's even possible?
Offer a 10 million dollar prize to the inventor.

“The radiation monitoring post is turned off at Fukushima station”
Maybe it's fried out?... or the wind is blowing that way?
fukushima-diary.com...

They measured 56,000 Bq/m3 of Strontium-90 from sub-drain of reactor #2. They also measured 67 Bq/m3 of Strontium-90 from sub-drain of reactor #3.
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This can only get worse. Maybe they will start compulsory conscription of young people? Hope not.

Obviously someone has done a press release or one outlet has picked up the story from another.
Japan N-plant struggling to find workers 23may13 (not much substance in this one)

Japan's Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant struggles to keep staff 24may13

....Some Fukushima veterans are quitting as their cumulative radiation exposure approaches levels risky to health, said two long-time Fukushima nuclear workers who spoke to The Associated Press. They requested anonymity because their speaking to the media is a breach of their employers' policy and they say being publicly identified will get them fired.

TEPCO spokesman Ryo Shimizu denied any shortage of workers, and said the decommissioning is progressing fine. "We have been able to acquire workers, and there is no shortage. We plan to add workers as needed," he said.

The discrepancy may stem from the system of contracting prevalent in Japan's nuclear industry. Plant operators farm out the running of their facilities to contractors, who in turn find the workers, and also rely on lower-level contractors to do some of their work, resulting in as many as five layers of contractors. Utilities such as TEPCO know the final headcount -- 3,000 people now at Fukushima Dai-ichi -- but not the difficulties in meeting it.

TEPCO does not release a pay scale at Fukushima Dai-ichi or give numbers of workers forced to leave because of radiation exposure. It also does not keep close tabs on contracting arrangements for its workers. A December 2012 survey of workers that the company released found 48 percent were from companies not signed as contractors with the utility and the workers were falsely registered under companies that weren't employing them. It is not clear if any laws were broken, but the government and TEPCO issued warnings to contractors to correct the situation.

From Oil Price 23May13 - New report out last Wednesday
Japanese Nuclear Reactor Lies Directly on Active Fault

On Wednesday, Japan’s Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA), based on the findings of a new report, advised that one of the country’s nuclear reactors could never be restarted because it lies directly over an active tectonic fault.

After a five month investigation, the NRA report found an active fault (any fault that has moved in the last 130,000 years), under one of the reactors at the Tsuraga power plant in western Japan.

The NRA is currently investigating the faults in the Earth’s crust under five reactors around Japan to determine if they too must receive the same ruling. A second reactor a Tsuraga, just 300 metres from the identified fault is not one of the five, and could possibly be restarted as it is not directly over the fault.

The reactors fate now lies with the pro-nuclear government, and even though Japan Atomic Power, the company that operates the nuclear power plant at Tsuraga, is expected to ask the NRA’s decision to be overruled, it is unlikely that Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will make such a decision which would risk angering the public.

Somehow the finaces are reported to be good - in spite of the 'financial weather' A clear case of in the Press, talking up a failing industry.

Japan Times
Japan Atomic Power saw fiscal 2012 growth despite no power output

Japan Atomic Power Co., operator of the idled Tsuruga nuclear plant in Fukui Prefecture, said Friday its group sales in the year that ended in March grew 4.3 percent from a year earlier to ¥152.43 billion, even though it failed to generate any electricity.

The company has not earned money from its electricity wholesale business because all three of its reactors remain offline in connection with the triple-meltdown calamity that started in 2011 at Tokyo Electric Power Co.’s Fukushima No. 1 atomic plant, but its “basic fees” from several regional utilities with contracts to get its electricity are supporting the firm’s survival.

The company’s financial results were released shortly after the Nuclear Regulation Authority acknowledged that reactor 2 at Japan Atomic Power’s Tsuruga plant sits above an active fault — a situation that forecloses on the unit’s ever being restarted.

Japan Atomic Power President Yasuo Hamada told reporters Friday that the fault is not active and denied that the firm intends to scrap reactor 2.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yes Q, a reaction by the public of Japan, to a "Nuke liquidator draft" would be interesting, but I'm sure they'll wait until the last moment because then they'd be naked and ugly
See how that "cold shutdown" biz fly's then?

Gee, another filtration system that wasn't designed to to filter anything this hot, has failed miserably and tepco asks the IAEA and WHO how to tell the world they have no choice but to keep killing it. Anybody surprised?
It doesn't seem to say which leaking cracked reactor he's speaking of?
fukushima-diary.com...

April 8th. 5.3 μSv/h in Hitachi city Ibaraki
fukushima-diary.com...

A zoom on the area between #1 and #2, from April 17th 013.

A zoom on the lines and bags full of something, I'm sure is hot, across from #2

www.flickr.com...

A zoom on #4. No date but it looks recent. Late April?
I see they're still hiding the truck bay opening but there's some square shaped apparatus sitting close.
The white things in the addition look like they might be drums?

enformable.com...

edit on 25-5-2013 by Aircooled because: Forgot the date.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Why? Getting uncomfortable are we?

No, it's just that, well... You are genuinely a little bit odd.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hi guys. I'll ask again.

Surely, if it's your health and well-being on the line (as you seem to think) why aren't you doing more to check the radiation in your area? After all, your very lives are at stake. Incidentally, I added a photo of my daughter.

As you can see, she's a perfectly fine 1 year old with no birth defects, except being remarkably good looking like her mum and dad . According to one particular poster on here, she is 'fair game', well.. best I can say is not for thyroid abnormalities at the very least :-) Suck up the doom. It's all you people have.

picpaste.com...
edit on 26-5-2013 by Alekto because: Added pic.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

Don't let the door hit ya on your way out!

A couple of really excellent docs.
This one on sea dumping. Jaw dropping.

This doc is on underground vaults. Finland or Sweeden. They want to build these in Ontario under the great lakes. I'm hoping the US states that border the lakes will raise cain.

Michigan isn't impressed by the idea.
www.thestar.com...

We seem to have some new fly-over film from late March 013. Knuckle found it and I found it through him.
A zoom on the #4 door they keep hiding. Higher resolution would be nice, but we take what we get.

Our FBB. Looks gutted from the last time we saw it.

"Fuk Shipping and Export" looks different. More crowded. South end, west side below the CSFP suppresion pools. The orange overhead crane for loading flatbeds is to the right. I'm not sure if those could be trailers or shipping cans?

The film.
www.youtube.com...

GENEVA – Japan’s health survey on the effects of the March 2011 nuclear crisis should be expanded to include areas outside Fukushima Prefecture, a U.N. expert said.
The health management survey should be provided to residents in all affected areas by radiation exposure higher than 1 millisievert per year, Anand Grover, the U.N. special rapporteur on health, said in a report.

It just took two years for his mouth to move.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

UN expert says Japan government, nuclear plant operator evading responsibility for disaster
That acquisition of a majority stake in the company “has arguably helped TEPCO to effectively avoid accountability and liability for damages,” forcing financial responsibility onto taxpayers, the U.N. report said.
www.washingtonpost.com... /14ff3348-c5d0-11e2-9642-a56177f1cdf7_story.html

‘exotic soup’
Hadron Experimental Facility in Tokai, Ibaraki
From the coments.
" This figure is an attempt to make it sound like not very much. Actually it would be 40,000 becquerels per square meter."
"Correction: the cm^2 cancel out and the contamination is
400,000 Bq/m^2."
enenews.com...
www.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I dont know if it helps anyone, but I have found that showing a video in VLC (in particular the Tepco web cam) appears to be much better quality than through my browser - which for the Tepco webcam produces very blocky images. I was just wondering if it is the same with Youtube vids (as I cannot see them).

If it is, that may be a way to get better quality screen shots of things.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
What do you think of when you think of fluorescent road cones, duct tape and broom sticks? Bet ya know where I'm going with this, eh? lol Yes it's the "International nuke plant repair kit!"

enformable.com...

Knuck found a few more feet of fly-by footage. May 17th.

Beer tent at #4 is almost done.
fukushima-diary.com...

In Brazil. What a strange test! He took a rain sample. It read 4.3. Then he took another sample. It read 10.0 microsieverts per hour. Then he put the two samples together and they read 17.0 So together they're higher? Like you added the two amounts together? So if he took 5 samples it would be like 50.0 microsieverts? I didn't know it could add up like that?

new topics
top topics

<< 1378  1379  1380    1382  1383  1384 >>

join