It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1379.htm
<< 1376  1377  1378    1380  1381  1382 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

simply this...the mess created in Japan, didn't just stay in Japan..it has been carried around the globe. It effects every one! There is no magic wall shielding the world from this...no magic fairy making it all go away.... and no end in site..

Do yourself a favor...start with post 1 of this thread.. and catch up...you just might learn something..

Or just keep popping in here and trying to insult the good folks here..

Ok I am bored already....
have a nice day...and don't go out in the rain. Best of luck to you and your family

To all the regulars on this thread: sorry for the distraction.....I can't help myself sometimes....I still feed stray puppies when the show up too..

edit on 14-5-2013 by okiecowboy because: Add

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

It's okay Okie, I make the same mistake, puppies are irresistible in their goofy foibles. Anyone who truly has read this thread from start to finish will be blinded by the light of truth entering their eyes like sewing pins. A quiz for the truly knowledgeable -- anyone claiming to have read ALL the posts in this thread should ace this:

1. What is "poolium"? Explain: _____
2. What was on the barges and what ATS member was this a pet project of? Explain:_______
3. Was reactor 3 hydrogen explosion? Yes/no Explain: __________
4. Why was salt water a bad idea?
5. What didTheRedNeck say would happen to the corium?
6. What did Silverlok say got aerosolized?
7. What was Z's main thesis?
8. Does half-life mean "half as radioactive" or "half of what is there became inert and the rest is just as radioactive as before"?
9. Describe a neutron beam and how often they have been reported on this thread.
10. Describe a certain Finnish nuclear technician's theory with regard to Fuku.
11. Can radiation disperse in the environment?
12. Your geiger is reading 80 cpm. Is this a normal (pre-fuku) background level?
13. Something is glowing blue, what kind of radiation is it?

That's my quick quiz. Long-time posters and lurkers will all get this no problem. If they can then say they have no concerns I will be impressed. Not before.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Wertwog because: mommy!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Something Going On???

Unit 1 and Unit 2 temp graphs:

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Still climbing...
www.tepco.co.jp...

Moch noticed it too:
fukushima-diary.com...

And Unit 2 still weirding out:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Might have something to do with starting nitrogen injection into Unit 2:

- It has been confirmed that the hydrogen concentration and noble gas (Krypton 85) concentration (measured by Unit 2 PCV gas control system) tend to increase when the pressure inside the PCV dry well decreases. The incident is considered to be due to the hydrogen and noble gas (Krypton 85) accumulated in the upper part of the suppression chamber being discharged into the dry well through the vacuum breaker. At 10:30 AM on May 14, nitrogen injection into the upper part of the suppression chamber was started in order to discharge the hydrogen and krypton 85 into the dry well and confirm the accumulation of hydrogen and krypton 85 in the upper part of the suppression chamber utilizing the gas control system. The nitrogen injection is planned to be performed until May 17 (for about 6 hours per day). The hydrogen concentration inside the PCV will be monitored during nitrogen injection by the gas control system in order to prevent it from exceeding 1.0% (maximum allowed concentration specified by the operational requirements).

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 15-5-2013 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Unit 1 Cover to be Removed

Finally English version:

www.tepco.co.jp...

photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I've simply asked the ever so concerned citizens of this thread to provide radiation readings from their locale and prove (I think this is a bit optimistic of me - but you never know) That A) The radiation's point of origin is Fukushima and B) That the levels of radiation are of dangerously high levels which effect their wellbeing.

I don't think I'm asking too much, considering how frightfully concerned you all are about it. On another thread, a woman is claiming that dogs and horses in Canada are dropping dead as a direct result of exposure to Fukushima radiation. Surely, if that's the case, it wouldn't be too difficult to assess? There are posters on this thread in Canada. I think they should put their money where their collective mouths are and investigate it.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

1. Poolium is the molten fuel that has melted from the spent fuel pool as opposed to corium which come from the reactor.
2. The barge was used to store radioactive water. Some theorized it was being used to dump nuclear fuel into the ocean.
3. No, Unit 3. experienced a prompt moderated criticality likely caused by an initial H2 explosion causing fuel in the spent fuel pool to go critical. We know this because the shock wave traveled faster than the speed of sound.
4. There we're a couple reasons salt water was a bad idea. First the water reacted with the zercaloy cladding of the fuel producing gaseous H2 which than exploded. Secondly salt water is highly corrosive to steel especially at high temps.
5.Not sure exactly but Im going to say melt through the building.
6.Not sure again but Im going to say Plutonium.
7.I'm not sure
8. Actually it neither. Half life is the amount of time it takes for half the number of radioisotopes to decay but they usually decay into other radioisotopes until it becomes lead.
9. A neutron beam is exactly what it sounds like a beam of neutrons, people often describe a blue flash and Im going to guess its been reported many times on this thread.
10. He thought Haarp created the earthquake and stunex virus was involved with the accident.
11. Not radiation actually bio-accumulates in the enviorment.
12. No.
13. Cherenkov radiation

And I barley knew a thing about any of this two years ago thanks for all the info guys.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

does this mean you will be shipping out free Geiger counters to us? little hard to do without them.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by generik
reply to post by Alekto

does this mean you will be shipping out free Geiger counters to us? little hard to do without them.

Why would I do that? You are, after all, very concerned citizens. Your very wellbeing is at stake.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alekto

Originally posted by generik
reply to post by Alekto

Why would I do that? You are, after all, very concerned citizens. Your very wellbeing is at stake.

i would love to, i'm sure friends and relatives back in north america would as well, but alas we don't have the cash for the instruments needed to do it. besides if they were all supplied from one source it would better validate the results as it would not leave room for "they might not be accurate".to one another. or calls of poor quality instruments giving bad readings.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

5. What didTheRedNeck say would happen to the corium?
6. What did Silverlok say got aerosolized?

5. That it would breath and go through heating and cooling cycles as it melted deeper into the concrete basemat.

6. Fuel rods during the moderate criticality.

I'm the one went and found the research at the DOE's information database that corroborated this and discussed the submicroscopic size of the particles that would then act as a gas due to their extremely small size.

It was Chakotay who coined the phrase "poolium" by the way.

7. What was Z's main thesis?

Underground weapons grade processing facility which the power plant was merely a cover for.
edit on 15-5-2013 by jadedANDcynical because: Left one out

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Ding ding ding! We have some well informed folks here, BGtm90 and JC, pretty good job.

1. Yes, that is true BGtm90. It was the black ooze coming from the side of #3 that none of us could figure out what it was so we (Chakotay - thanks JC) named it "poolium" as it was in the approximate location, just below, the fuel pool.
2. Nice try. Zorgon actually thought the barge was carrying super secret equipment (under tarps), the cover story was it was carrying 'hot' water.
3. Actually that theory was hotly contested here BG. Arnie Gunderson has since revised his theory. He no longer believes this and many here called it early on. The detonation was caused in the reactor, which blew the lid off as he now confirms, and there may have been a secondary hydrogen explosion that traveled to the fuel pool. As I said, it was hotly (haha) debated here and perhaps still is.
4. Yes those things, and can you say "radioactive chlorine+hydrogen = explosive gas?" ... sounds yummy huh? TRN and a few others were freaking out about it early on.
5. JC is right. TRN said it would breathe, cool and reheat until 10:100th power your children's children grow old.
6. Yes, plutonium, but JC is more right. All the stuff in the fuel rods, including plutonium can aerosolize into a gas, and thanks for the reminder JC, it was you who found the documentation.
7.JC got it bang on. Underground tunnels my friends. Underground tunnels. Miss him.
8. Well, saying that half the decays become inert is pretty much the same as saying half the stuff becomes inert. Close enough. But the point is it's not what most folks think. It doesn't become half as radioactive. It's still 100% radioactive, it's just that there is half of the hot stuff.
9. Guessing isn't part of the quiz, but yes, it was reported in the MSM 13 times and that alone would indicate containment failure because neutrons mean fission and free neutrons don't exist outside of containment (well they say they don't, but who can believe anything the nuksters say). It was reported several more times here by folks watching the Fuku-cams.
10. Sort of, our fine Finnish fellow believed in methane. Ring a bell?
11. You are correct. Radionuclides don't disperse like other toxins, so whenever you hear this you know the person is FOS.
12. 80 cpm would be hazmat suit time in the US. Guess what? I get that about once a week on my little Soeks.
13. Yes, and it's so pretty!

Thanks for playing guys, that was fun!

edit on 15-5-2013 by Wertwog because: mommy!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
As for testing dead horses and such, I'd be glad to if you can provide the $250,000 bucks for a spectrometer and a lab. You can't just run a geiger over a dead horse and get an indication of what it died of. You might be able to get a reading off his skin, but that doesn't mean he died of whatever is on it. You'd have to autopsy and run a spectra-analyis on the vital organs. Just like you can't use a normal geiger to test food. You have to run a very expensive test in a very expensive lab. And guess what. Those are owned (mostly) by govs. And guess what. Govs aren't going to tell you because they are sleeping beside the folks who fund them.

But since someone here is so much more superior in their knowledge of radiation than us, and they are unworried enough to feed their small child Fuku-flakes whom they must know is more than 10x more susceptible to the effects of radiation (being a child, and a girl-child, of course), I would assume they know this. Or perhaps this individual has some special radiation zapping tech they employ at their whim and is unwilling to share with the rest of us, keeping it in reserve for that special day they can zap children's thyroids and lymphomas all over Japan and save the day! Yay! What a superhero!
edit on 15-5-2013 by Wertwog because: mommy!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Guys and gals. You're not suppose to give away the surprises!
I know I don't see eye to eye with Alekto. He's abrasive..... annoying, and thinks I'm some kind of misguided, fear-mongereing idiot. His child is one, right? So I'm guessing Alekto is in his mid 20's. That would mean he was born in the mid to late 80"s. So I have a few decades on you. Hell, so does my car.

So I'm probably dealing with a big generation gap as well as a cultural gap.
Ok, I don't usually extend olive branches, but because of these gaps I'll extend one. [The only one]
Go Read The Thread!
Every damn page.... Learn.... and on your way take note of how many films and files have been shredded by your countrymen [With lots of outside preasure]. Ask yourself if they did that because everything's fine? One other thing. While your reading I would ask you to consider the math. The raw tonage and amounts of fuel and the very real chances of more quakes. Compare it to what was released from Chernobyl. Stop and think about that.
Anytime you get messed up, quote the page and your question and somebody here will answer you. When you're done come back and tell us what you think? I want to know. Honestly, dude. Even if you don't change your mind you will have learned tons and you'll be way ahead of your neighbors. That can't hurt right? I've read it twice and I'll probably read it again. Ever time I read it, I pick up more. A brain can only take in so much on the first read.
Don't tell me you're too busy, because you seem to have plenty of time to throw shots at folks based on a fraction of the available information. Once your caught up your criticisms will be taken seriously.
Take the time, for your kids sake, OK?

Next month I will be heading down to the city to visit family and friends. I know a lady there who has a brain tumor the size of an orange. She was living 80 miles from Chernobyl in another country when it blew. Coinsidence? The tumor took 14 or 15 years to show up, but it did. Nobody who knows her [including her doctors] have any doubts what caused it. Luckily she came to Canada so her Healthcare is covered. I will ask her if she feels up to putting her story all on film. She can only whisper because the sound of her own voice is like a cannon going off in her head. I'm not sure if this is doable, even if she agrees but I'll give it a shot.
My buddy has Leukemia. He got it a few years after chernobyl. Did he get it from there or some previous bomb test? Who knows? How much cancer was there in your great grandfather's time? How much worse will fuk make this in years to come and where? Well that's why we're all here. The math says a lot of people are going to live shorter lives in misery.
If you can't find the time to at least read all the info you really don't have any right to bug people.

OK, I see the geiger vid of 170,000 CPM on Black stuff in Japan made it to ENE. Still no word on distance from fuk. I'm sure ENE will get it touch and ask the testor.

enenews.com...
By my lousy math that would this about 5600 microsieverts per hour.

I think those geigers might be toast now.

Arnie's latest on fuk.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Aw, AC, you picking up stray puppies too? Lol. You're nicer than me, I have very little patience. Sorry I blew the surprise, you can still answer the quiz! I'm sure you'd have way more to add.

Wouldn't it be nice if cancers, heart attacks, diabetes, had "I was made in ________" labels? But then the nukem industry wouldn't be able to get away with it. Sigh. I'm sorry for your friend, thats a tough deal.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Wertwog because: mommy!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
#3. Gunderson blew it big time.
So nice to see that I was pretty much on target when I gave it a going over.
Gunderson may know nuclear physics, but he isn't trained on explosives.

Likely, the damage to the pool was a by product of all explosions. With the 3 impulse s or explosive events, it is a minor side effect.

The cooling pool in #4 still worries me; more from the stand point of they are moving way to slowly on it. It's condition is not getting better as time passes.

M.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

The cooling pool in #4 still worries me; more from the stand point of they are moving way to slowly on it. It's condition is not getting better as time passes.
Not only that, but they have moved the focus away from there too. They are talking about renewing the cover on R#2 I think which means men not working on R#4.

There is no limitless supply of workers you know Tepco, so you need to have a priority on the things which could cause the most damage. As far as we know, that would be the pool in R#4 - unless you know different over by R#2.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hey guys. I'm still awaiting your conclusive evidence that the radiation in your neighbourhood is A) Of Fukushima origin and B) That it is affecting your health and wellbeing.

Thus far, I haven't seen any confirmation of either.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
go bug someone else.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
blech, nevermind.
edit on 17-5-2013 by Wertwog because: it's not worth it.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
ZDF Bureau Chief: Very high radioactive dose of 65 microsieverts per hour in Fukushima City — “Informed officials 3 month ago, nothing happened until today!”
enenews.com... ing-happend-until-today-many-children-pass-by-everyday-p

And you daily smile!
Hitler finds out about fuk!

Maybe some comedy will help get the word out, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1376  1377  1378    1380  1381  1382 >>

join