Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1373
<< 1370  1371  1372    1374  1375  1376 >>

join

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This might explain the leaking. The pool liners for these radioactive ponds are thiner than the tarps I put over my firewood. Like garbage bags.
www.simplyinfo.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

SOURCE

“The underground storage tank–60 meters long, 53 meters wide and 6 meters deep–is lined with an outer 6.4 millimeter-thick layer of clay, and topped by two layers of polyethylene sheets, each 1.5 millimeters thick.”

This would be a total of 3 mil plastic. Other reports mentioned there might be 3 layers of plastic sheet used, that would only make it 4.5 mil thick.

For some contrast trash bags used to line trash cans are frequently 1.5 mil or thicker.

Liner used for koi ponds or commercial lakes is 20 mil thick.

Other koi pond liners found that are also cited as being suitable for some types of industrial ponds is 40 mil thick.

So the question is who thought this was appropriate and who approved this design using was equaled trash bag plastic.

My guess is the bean counters who had to approve the expenditure and keep costs down no matter what. If an engineer did sign off on this he would have to be one of the most ignorant engineers on the face of the earth, or the aforementioned bean counters were twisting his arm behind his back.
edit on 8-4-2013 by happykat39 because: forgot to add source link

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This don't look good...

fukushima-diary.com...

Welcome Jimmyx. I love tuna, but don't eat it anymore. Very worried about my kids too. Why the hell an international force hasn't descended on Fuku is beyond comprehension.

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Last night I did 10 tests between 10 pm and 2 am. none were lower than 0.79 or about 250 cpm. This one got the cigar.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Another garbage bag lined pool is leaking.
fukushima-diary.com...
So that's inground pools 1, 2, and 3, so far.

War criminal becomes preist.
Father O'Shameless Jaczko
Former Top U.S. Nuclear Official: U.S. nuclear plants should be phased out — “Can’t guarantee against accident causing widespread land contamination”
enenews.com... tamination

The radiation researcher of a citizen detected Am-241 from the air on 4/7/2013.
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Cs-137 Detected in Reservoir

Underground Reservoir ii Leakage detector hole water, northeast side [Sampled date and time] At 8:15 AM on April 9 (Tue), 2013

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 10-4-2013 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Unit 1 Investigation

2 Sv/h location 12:
www.tepco.co.jp...

photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Butt-faced half-wits bowing and tap-dancing. Just let me stand over goat breath with a sword!
www.simplyinfo.org...
So they're all leaking.

[Concealment?] 940,000 Bq/m3 of β measured from outside of reservoir5, official data says “The reservoir is empty”
fukushima-diary.com...

For Jimmy from 012.
40,000,000 Bq of iodine-131 in a single bed of kelp off Southern California — Amount most likely larger
enenews.com...

Ohio rain.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
"According to TEPCO, the water between the 3-layer waterproof sheets was tested in the morning of April 9, and found 10,000 becquerels/cm3 of radioactive materials"
Maybe we'll see them try Gas tank sealer next?
That means 10,000 radioactive strikes per cubic centemeter {A sugar cube}, per second.
"Meanwhile, the Nuclear Regulatory Authority met in the morning of April 10 to discuss the leak problem, but the meeting lasted for only 30 minutes, as there is no effective way to deal with the leak. "
ex-skf.blogspot.ca...

Sort of like bailing out a sinking rowboat with a cup.

The only countermeasure: Tepco pumping up leaked water to return to the crippled reservoirs.
fukushima-diary.com...

WHITE HOUSE APPROVES RADICAL RADIATION CLEANUP ROLLBACK
In soil, the PAGs allow long-term public exposure to radiation in amounts as high as 2,000 millirems. This would, in effect, increase a longstanding 1 in 10,000 person cancer rate to a rate of 1 in 23 persons exposed over a 30-year period.
www.peer.org...
www.epa.gov...

Gee, really? What ever gave you that idea?
"Increasingly, experts are arguing that the plant’s operator, the Tokyo Electric Power Company, or Tepco, cannot be trusted to lead what is expected to be decades of cleanup and the decommissioning of the plant’s reactors without putting the public, and the environment, at risk."
www.nytimes.com...

Was ATS down again last night?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I cannot help thinking that if concrete is weakened and eventually falls apart, how can they realistically expect a small thickness of plastic to withstand the radiation in the water in those pools?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Quiz later so pay attention.... #6 pool too. So 1, 2, 3, and 6. Maybe 5, maybe 7, and their pumps leaking. And with leaky pumps they're pumping it back into leaking pools. Is this like Monty Python? lol
"Additionally, reservoir No.6, to which they transfer the water from No.1 and 2, lost 13 m3 of contaminated water according to Tepco. It is not announced where the water went."
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

It is not announced where the water went.
... Only place it can go - seawards.

Unless of course the Japanese have new technology which makes it go "poof" into nowhere.
It seems they are punping the water from the pools which have leaks into other pools which have leaks. Real Keyston Kops stuff I reckon.
edit on 12 Apr 2013 by qmantoo because: cannot spell a 5 letter word correctly

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Fish/Shellfish....

4/12:
www.tepco.co.jp...

3/27:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

This Should Fix the Leak

photo.tepco.co.jp...

photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I have no explanation for this, other than the obvious... fuk. I know he's honest with his readings and he's no where near a nuke plant. Hell, he'd have to have a secret meltdown going on in his town to see these numbers.
Southern Brazil black rain today.

And then......

And the link to the 012 potrblog vid about LaNinia kicking the jet stream to the southern hemisphere.
www.youtube.com...
Oh yeah, the sunflowers in his garden look really strange as well.

"Kill nuclear power before it kills us" Very good vid. Worth the time.

He's bang on about one thing. Pro-nukers are just like religious zealots. You can't reason with them.

So.....The water leaked but the radiation stayed in the pools? Aw C'mon.....
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well, well, all 7 storage pools are leaking.
ex-skf.blogspot.ca...

They've been caught faking data again. If this pops up in French there is an "English" button on your right.
fukushima.over-blog.fr...

MOX fuel to be shipped to Kansai Electric's Takahama nuclear plant.
www.power-eng.com... tion_types=og.likes&fb_ref=s%3DshowShareBarUI%3Ap%3Dfacebook-like&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

The beat goes on....

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
A place called Borgor Texas today. Spike hit 177 cpm. Alert level is a 100.
Slide the pic over

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ooops, did we forget to mention plutonium... again?.... So sorry!.... We'll get back to you.... Checks in the mail...
fukushima-diary.com...

Radiation level outside of reservoir No.1 jumped up 14 times much within 2 days
fukushima-diary.com...

No running away and sucking your money out from somewhere else. The new "Radioactive Curtain" is up.
fukushima-diary.com...

Magnitude 5.2 NEAR Fuk. That should make for an interesting evening.
neic.usgs.gov...

Seems fitting.

Tomorrow I'm bringin a kegger!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
5.2 Quake at about 12:15 minutes in.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
"Everythings fine. Our EXPERTS are putting pink shower curtains on everything"
Tepco “No plant damage from M5.2″
fukushima-diary.com...

We changed our minds, were not going to test for plutonium..... So sorry.
fukushima-diary.com...α-nuclide-by-mistake/

Oops, did we forget to test the pipes and pools?... So sorry.
fukushima-diary.com...

From the great comments.
"How can you decommission if you have no clue where the coriums are?"
ex-skf.blogspot.ca...

top topics

<< 1370  1371  1372    1374  1375  1376 >>

join