Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1371
<< 1368  1369  1370    1372  1373  1374 >>

join

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Ok, thanks for the explanation. The cores are just lying peacefully there underneath the buildings and deeply breathing out all that bad breath radiation. Is any one at Tepco monitoring where they have got to now?. How deep, how spread out, etc

On another note, I wonder if we can interest an attorney to start a case. There must be plenty of evidence by now. Anyone know any attorneys? I know that there is one brave soul making a case for the sailors in the Navy who were helping clear up the Fuku mess.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Floating Ground?

Or a rodent stepped on something again?

fukushima-diary.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
Ok, thanks for the explanation. The cores are just lying peacefully there underneath the buildings and deeply breathing out all that bad breath radiation. Is any one at Tepco monitoring where they have got to now?. How deep, how spread out, etc

On another note, I wonder if we can interest an attorney to start a case. There must be plenty of evidence by now. Anyone know any attorneys? I know that there is one brave soul making a case for the sailors in the Navy who were helping clear up the Fuku mess.

I should have added that they are also still cooling the the melted down cores in the reactor containment areas too. The whole bloody mess from the melted cores to the spent fuel pools still need massive amounts of cooling water and the condition of the material being cooled is contaminating the cooling water so much that they had to find some way to at least partially clean it up before re-using it or dumping it into the ocean.

The problem is being compounded by the fact that there is not enough fresh water available for the cooling so they are having to use sea water with any fresh they might still have access to. The salt in the sea water is not good for the containment vessels, the fuel and/or the alloy cans the fuel is in. The longer the spent fuel is in contact with salt water the harder it will be to remove it without the cans breaking up as soon as they put a little strain on them to lift them out of the pools and into containment canisters.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

What shape are they in?
Tough questions Q. So little real information. Guesstimations really. I'll even add my own question. How much of the water they spray is even hitting what % of the fuel?
I'm not sure how many of these molten cores have stayed together in one big ball of hot slag, the size of a dump truck? Maybe they separated into a few big ones burning there way down with lots of bowling ball or coffee table size chunks, scattered around, to keep the place so lethal, no one can approach the main cores? Hell there could be nuclear stalactites and stalagmites hanging from ceilings and growing on floors. They might be watering a whole floor, or not going in at all? Just leaving it.
#1 : What surprised me the most about the latest film of the 5th floor of #1 {late fall 012}, was how nothing had been moved... or cleaned up. Not one piece of debris had been touched since the May 011 film. The roof was still sitting on the pool and the big crane blocked any view of the fuel pool itself. I don't think anyones been in there. They just built the tent, maybe tied off a fire hose over the pool and left it. If I remember right the hottest readings of the base of #1 were in the NW corner {main molten core travelling diagonally?}
#2 : Core blew downward and sensors keep frying out everywhere constantly. Foundation/base probably looks like badly stacked firewood. Lots of holes everywhere. Everything they pump in might leak out without touching most of the fuel {Hence the fried sensors}. All 4 basements are intentionally and unintentionally draining from there, although I'm sure the others have cracks/leaks as well. The surface of the #2 pool has been seen once by the robot with water in it, but the ceiling was scorched above it so I'll guess it partially drained, caught fire, burned, but was refilled before it could explode. Maybe has fuel continually burning under water?
#3 : Both reactor and pool exploded. What % was ejected into the sea and sky is anybodies guess? I would guess that there is more of #3 core left than the fuel pool, but who knows? {I can't believe morons are testing fish around fuk and wondering why they're still hot? I mean C'mon.... chunks of fuel rods went flying in at least a 2 mile circumference of ocean around fuk. Maybe the damn fish are still hot because they're swimming in a fuel pool?.... Not to mention the leaking foundations.
#4 fuel pool. I think a larger % went up than we think
One more question. How many of the fuel pools actually hold water without leaking through cracks?
Remember this? Fall 011, 4th floor of #4, looking NE. West wall of the fuel pool is behind the machines at the top of the pic. Red arrows show sand bags and plywood {They're so Hi-tech, eh?} to prevent the leaking water from running down the blue freight shaft.

The new diagonal ramp we have seen at the south wall of #4 is bracing this wall.
CSFP : Has anybody heard if they restored cooling in there, or is it connected to the latest "Rat Flash?
#5 and #6 : Too little info to even make a guess. Cracked fuel pool or pools?
Hows that Q?
Anyone, please feel free to add or correct.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

No need on my part to add or correct anything. But I do have a comment...

I don't think that anything bad we know about the present or future condition of the reactors or fuel pools is much more than the tip of the iceberg. What I see is a "TEOTWAWKI" event. In other words; The End Of The World As We Know It. I believe it is too late to do anything to prevent a complete meltdown and fire in the fuel pools and reactor cores, which will release enough radiation to make the northern hemisphere uninhabitable for decades, if not centuries.

And I believe that the Japanese and American governments as well as TEPCO know this and are afraid of the panic and backlash it will cause if they admit it.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The sad part about this all is that no-one would mind if ther japanese were doing stuff underground as long as some solution to this Fukushima problem was found. However, I think it has gone too far for this option to be taken.

I feel that the Japanese government would rather take us all down if it means saving some face for them. The death and glory boys are still very much alive and kicking in this world and we thought that that idea had been got rid of in WWII with the nuke bombs.

Well, it does seem - as someone said a long time ago and possibly on this thread, I cannot remember - that the Japanese are paying us all back for Hiroshima by killing everyone now, even their own unknowing population.

Revenge is sweet - as the saying goes.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

snip...
Does anyone really know what they are cooling and whether the cores are sitting at the bottom of a deep hole as I have suggested? Maybe there is some core still in the containment vessels or near there and some of it has left the building.

Any clarification or speculation please anyone?
THEY TRIED AND ARE STILL TRYING TO COOL MULTIPLE CORE BREACH MOLTEN MASSES WITH A COOLING SYSTEM THAT AT 100% COULD NOT EMERGENCY COOL one...ONE..REACTOR.. sO IN ESSENCE tepoco-CRAPCO IS TRYING TO COOL four MELT DOWNS AND SIX OVERFLOWING WASTE POOLS WITH LESS THAN 25% OF WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO SAVE ONLY ONE MISBEHAVING REACTOR....WHICH (( IS APPARENTLY WHAT PENNY PINCHING SCUMBAGS...OR IF YOU PREFER...DUCHEBAGS..OR SLIMEMOLD THINK)IS NEEDED FOR BASE LINE EVERYDAY OPERATION AND ))IS WHY THESE COMPANIES SUCK ...NO NUCLEAR SETUP IN THE WORLD HAS ENOUGH COOLING FOR EVEN ONE MINOR "MISEVENT" WITH ONE REACTOR LET ALONE FOUR OR SIX AND THAT COOLING INSUFFICIENCY NUMBER IS SOMETHING THAT IS /WAS AND TOTALLY KNOW AS A FACTOR AGAIN FOR EVERY OUNCE OF THE TOXIC WASTE POOLS (OR SPENT FUEL RODS IF ONE IS AN INDUSTRY CHEERLEADER)
edit on 30-3-2013 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)
edit on 30-3-2013 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well.... they can't give this nuclear waste/food away, right? There sending some to Africa for the poor. Nobody {with any brains} outside Japan will touch their food now, so they make the kids eat it. So twisted, eh?
JP Gov plans to ban using imported food ingredients for school lunch
fukushima-diary.com...

A sort of spiral shell thais clavigera entirely extinct in 30km coastal area of Fukushima
fukushima-diary.com... m_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FukushimaDiary+%28Fukushima+Diary%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

My Spin:
Shinzo Abe to Councillors Budget Committee : Hey, do ya think the sheeple will let us crank 5 and 6 back on? Tepco's buying me a Holiday Inn in Jamaica out of reconstruction money, if I can swing it.

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I came across an article from 2011 entitled Will NASA Ever Recover Apollo 13′s Plutonium From the Sea? and it says that the USA needs Plutonium 238 for space missions power sources.

It says that they were having problems with Russian supply and I just wondered if nuclear-friendly Japan was the place where they are now (or were) getting their Pu 238 ? It could explain why the US helped them so much in the early days with those barges and pushing for the reactors to start up again etc.

Although it does say that they were waiting on Congress to allow them to manafacture this Pu 238 domestically(in 2011), I wonder if this could have anything to do with the deep silence we are not hearing from the Japanese and the USA's lack of effort to help Japan resolve this Fukushima issue. Hot potato issue.. oooh, ahhh, oooh, ahhh (passing the potato from one hand to the other)

Of course it is fantasy and pure speculation but when I read this old article, something switched in my mind and I thought I would mention it on here.

Interesting too about the reactor pellets being "marshmallow size" in the corrections at the end. I thought the pellets were little-finger diameter

Will NASA Ever Recover Apollo 13′s Plutonium From the Sea?

The more pressing issue for NASA and PU-238 is where they can get some more, Dudzinski said. The manmade element is necessary to power systems on deep space satellites that travel too far from the sun to rely on solar. The Mars rover, Curiosity, which launched Saturday, will be powered by about 4 kg of PU-238.

The U.S. Department of Energy has to purchase the PU-238 from Russia since the U.S. stopped producing it in the late 1980s because of nuclear weapons treaties. But dwindling supplies in Russia coupled with contract disputes mean that the material is increasingly difficult to source. NASA is seeking funding for a program (PDF) with the Energy Department to create PU-238 domestically, but the program is awaiting Congressional approval.

*Corrected to remove term “reactor.” RTG produces power from the natural decay of plutonium and is not the same as a reactor.
** Corrected to note that the plutonium oxide pellets were larger than one-tenth of a millimeter. Pellets in current reactors are “marshmallow-sized.”

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

There is no solution.

Sorry.

Anything that is being done now is either at best mitigation or at worst window dressing.

The cat is out of the bag, the eggs have hatched, the horses have fled the barn fire, the battle is lost and the buzzards are redistributing the leavings.

This material will never be "contained" again. It is in the ground under the buildings where it will cool and heat and cool and heat, globlets balls seeping into cracks. 3 dragons breathing, spewing toxic breath out into the world through the water and our air and food until our children's children's children's children's children's (x100,000) draw their newborn air. Our DNA, our food, our water, is forever altered. THIS power is what mankind thought it could harness.

Eventually the pools and buildings will fall because they must ... entropy. The fuel will one day be liberated and the only question is can we contain it in something else until that thing must one day entropy. I think not. There is not enough care, not enough of anything being given.

This slow motion disaster has barely begun and the Japanese have committed Seppuku, who should know better, who should have led the charge AGAINST nuke power, embraced this sword that came like a lover - cloying them with riches and assurances. Perhaps they thought to tame the devil that bit them, revered too much the west that conquered them with yellow cake. Hubris and greed have ruled the world. The rest of us are just as wanton/apathetic and will be partaking in their ritual, as will all the children who breathe our molecules eons from now.

Better that they should have left the site and the world could have watched a faster version of what is now just playing out under the surface, but perhaps that would have been too revealing a mirror for the world to gaze into. Instead this is a dance of veils and shadows by the moon, not spears and feathers in the light of day.

My advice for any who care is that it is time to get used to the futility of fixes, fussing and flabby apathy, and focus on the utility of survival. Focus the mind on what you can eat, drink, what you can love and what you can do to improve your life while you are here.

I wish you well friends!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Some deliberately crappy fly-by footage.

A film of shoes and legs at #1

Q, and answer to one of our questions.
"90% of water injected into Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 1 may have leaked, the plant management knew by water pressure"
ex-skf.blogspot.fr...

WW, I'm hoping someone {maybe Z} writes a powerful, earth changing book. Nothing short of total public outrage can curb this "window dressing" non-solution.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think Z has been shackled and shut-up by whoever does the shutting-up. I can see no real reason apart from health issues (and those would also mean that there were no more posts) why the daily posts should stop. Private messages are not getting any answers either, so I can conclude that 'they' have got to Z unfortunately. I have a feeling too that the chapters of the book posted on here will not see the light of day in published form.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
And now this “significant industrial accident” at Arkansas Nuclear One. images of steam venting at enenews. This is not in New Topics yet but there is bound to be a new thread about this.

Arkansas Nuclear One enenews story Link 1

Arkansas Nuclear One enenews story Link 2

Arkansas Nuclear One enenews story Link 3

Arkansas Nuclear One enenews story Link 4

Can someone try the radnet site for beta please? The gamma page for Little Rock does not show much - yet.
cdxnode64.epa.gov...

For me this beta query gives a "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." error. Of course, this is not a conspiracy !

and 29th March old
CBS Los Angeles: “Dead sea lions everywhere” — Rescuer: I’ve never seen anything like this… we never would have imagined the numbers — Expert: No oceanographic explanation for what we’re seeing
edit on 1 Apr 2013 by qmantoo because: add link 4
edit on 1 Apr 2013 by qmantoo because: add radnet request

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I think Z has been shackled and shut-up by whoever does the shutting-up. I can see no real reason apart from health issues (and those would also mean that there were no more posts) why the daily posts should stop. Private messages are not getting any answers either, so I can conclude that 'they' have got to Z unfortunately. I have a feeling too that the chapters of the book posted on here will not see the light of day in published form.

Well Q, along this road of learning we've all been on, I've come to see all of the dirt, corruption and complicity coming from Canada. It ain't pretty, and it looks like it will only get worse.
It's off topic but it looks like our dirty scumbag PM might try to grab native lands here because of a secret deal he's cut with China, to mine uranium whether folks like it or not. I've been sling-shoting info around to native groups on FB and... well you know they're not surprised by the government of Canada doing dirty deeds. A Long history of that here.
My point here is, to do what I need to do I can't remain as anonymous as others. I'm sort of hiding in plain sight

So I think if there was a "hit list" on anti-nuke activists, I'd be one of the easier ones to track down.
I try not to get too paranoid..... but I do check my rearview mirror.

Maybe Z is just burnt out and taking a well deserved break?
A shot from the Human Chain rally at Parliament Hill, a few weeks ago.

I'm sure the pigs filmed all of of us, but who cares?
Hey..... at least there was a better turnout than last year, right? Maybe next year we'll really have a bigger crowd? Again sorry to say, not one Japanese Canadian showed up.
I'm far right with my same ole sign {And custom made club handle}

We marched down to the CNSC {Canadian Nuclear Safety Commision} {HA!} Who refuse to answer their phone and explain why our rain is hitting 35 X background.

OK, some new biz. A friend on FB assures me this file has numbers on how much, different parts of the site are sinking. I sure can't read it, but maybe someone can translate?
www.tepco.co.jp...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well, now we know where those barges have been going.
"Off shore waste dumping sites hit by recent multiple earthquakes off coast of Japan"
nuclear-news.net...

This might explain why some of that half dead sea life coming ashore, in California/Alaska. I will try finding a map of seals/mantees migration routes, but since my computer skills still stink, maybe one of you could dig it up faster?
edit on 2-4-2013 by Aircooled because: Oh you know.... forgot something. lol.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Leatherback turtle migration.

www.thelivingocean.net...

Elephant seal migration.

earthguide.ucsd.edu...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Hey Q, I don't know for sure, but Z mentioned he had a huge battle with cancer going on. Hopefully he is winning the battle and focusing his energy where he needs to and will come back to us one day.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

3.1 EQ right near Arkansas Nuclear One (Russelville)

earthquake.usgs.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The USGS page says that the quake occured at a depth of 300m (thats metres NOT miles)which is very shallow. There have been people on here who have said that the depth cannot be taken seriously but I also believe they said this only refers to the sea bed areas where there are not so many seismic stations nearby to triangulate waves to calculate the depth properly.

So, assuming that this depth is correct, what is causing it to be that shallow???

Are there any mines and drilling sites nearby which could have caused this perhaps?

The quake is approx 37 miles from Russellville the Arkansas Nuclear One Nuclear Power plant (Wikipedia link) .

ATS 2010 post about his very same area
ATS 290 page thread about same kind of area.
edit on 4 Apr 2013 by qmantoo because: links

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hello! Front page MSN today:

A new study shows what many worldwide have feared -- that the devastation from the traveling radiation has in fact sickened infants in other countries, including babies born shortly after the incident in Hawaii, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, and California. The study, conducted by scientists with the Radiation and Public Health Project, found that babies born shortly after the incident were 28 percent more likely to suffer from congenital hypothyroidism than were children born in those states during the same period one year earlier. In the rest of the U.S., which received less radioactive fallout, the risks actually decreased slightly compared with the year before.

Fukushima fallout sickens U.S. babies
How many mothers are in a panic right now? I think most people believed the media in the months after Fukushima that all was fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1368  1369  1370    1372  1373  1374 >>

join