<< 1365  1366  1367    1369  1370  1371 >>

join

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
nukushima

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Cesium levels still exceed standards in wild mushrooms, seafood, game

According to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, the central and local governments carried out about 230,000 tests for cesium between April 2012 and January 2013.

Of those tests, about 2,000, or 0.9 percent, had cesium levels that exceeded government standards. Cesium levels are diminishing, the ministry said. Fifty-five percent of the samples with higher cesium levels were detected in Fukushima Prefecture, while Iwate, Tochigi, Miyagi, Ibaraki and Gunma prefectures each had more than 100 samples that exceeded the government limit.
-----
More than 60 percent of the food samples tested were beef, as radioactive cesium had been detected in cows that were fed rice straw immediately following the Fukushima No. 1 accident. But none of the roughly 17,000 tests conducted on beef in January exceeded the government limit.

On the other hand, only 1,493 commercially distributed food items, including vegetables and fruits, were tested. Of those, only one item, dried mushrooms, were found to have had radioactive levels exceeding the government standards. While the risk of radiation-contaminated food escaping the tests and appearing on store shelves has been sharply reduced, it is still not zero.

Since April 2012, the government has introduced new shipping bans on more than 130 food items in 14 prefectures. On the other hand, shipping bans on many other items have been lifted after their radiation levels dropped below the government standards.

Source:ajw.asahi.com...

I hope you all are well, genki and kicking

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
"1. The report is based on faulty assumptions
"2. The report ignores the health risks for people outside of Fukushima"
"3. Continued radioactive emissions were not included in the assessment"
"4. The report ignores the increased radiosensitivity of the unborn child"
"5. Recent clinical findings were not taken into considerations"
"6. Non-cancer diseases are not included in the health risk calculations"
"7. The report relies solely on TEPCO’s own data to assess workers’ health risks"
"8. The authors’ neutrality has to be doubted"
www.ippnw.de...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Looks like we have a big new opening in the south end of #4.
Oh that should make it more stable.

Some memorable quotes from this hard hitting piece of journalism.

“It’s like going to war with bamboo sticks,” said Takuya Hattori, president of the Japan Atomic Industrial Forum"

"Melted fuel debris is to be removed from the reactors from 2021 and the entire project wrapped up within 30 to 40 years."

"Its damaged reactors still seep radiation, although at a rate of 10 million becquerels per hour for cesium versus about 800 trillion right after the disaster."

"Japan has rejected the “sarcophagus” option used at Chernobyl, where the damaged reactor was encased in a massive concrete envelope. This is partly because of the difficulty of monitoring an entombed facility to ensure safety, said Kentaro Funaki"

“Only God knows,” said Chuo University’s Annen."

www.japantoday.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Sub-Drains...

Now big spike in Unit 2.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Great to see everyone visiting the thread!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's great to see everyone popping back on this thread...

(I lurk everyday because this will take a long time to fix...)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Have a look at the last page of the PDF. 2015 microsieverts per hour in a strange area, between #1 and #5, and a bit west.
I marked roughly the area on this old 3/11 pic.

www.tepco.co.jp...

I haven't seen one there, but I suppose it could be a newer leaking tank farm that has been placed in that area? Off hand I can't find any new film over this area, but I'll dig into the files some more tomorrow. I thought it was mostly admin buildings here? Check out the map in the PDF. Maybe my location is off?
It sure isn't the new open dumping pit they dug. That's beside the fbb.
Anyway, a strange place to be hotter than the others.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Let the wrist slapping trial begin.
“Tepco must surrender” — Official admits: We caused the accident at Fukushima Daiichi"
enenews.com...

A good read .. "As many people know, lobsters in a cooking pot aren’t aware the temperature of the water is rising as they are actually cooking. Humans are no different. Placed in an atmosphere that’s slowly poisoned over a period of 67 years, humans only complain of aches, pains and nosebleeds; but, the few that realize what is happening to everyone’s’ insides are hushed by the complacent."
www.veteranstoday.com...

Nukers are Bananas!!
nuclearhistory.wordpress.com...

Southern Brazil. Black stuff in rain.

"Looking at the bigger picture, however, Tokyo Electric Power Co. isn’t making much progress decommissioning reactors 1, 2, 3 and 4 "
“It’s going to take a very long time to complete the work" = {We're gonna let it burn}
Note: "The pool, which sits above the reactor, contains 1,533 spent-fuel rods."
So they only took out the 2 assemblies last July Purple. That's Next November they say they will start removing #4 fuel. Tepco plans to start removing them in November and hopes to be finished by the end of 2014.
Also, look at the pic of #4 Not even a small hole in the wall. Do ya think they're photoshopping again?
www.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Yup AC - it does look like the Japan Times spruced up the pic of Unit 4!!

Looks like Unit 2 got a blip going on with RPV temp:

www.tepco.co.jp...

enenews.com...

Two years now folks...

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Dr. Helen Caldicott is holding a symposium tomorrow and tuesday in New York City.

UPDATE 3/7- Press conference: There will be a press conference 1:00 pm on Monday, March 11 with US Navy Quartermasters (retired) Maurice Enis and Jaime Plym who both suffered radiation exposure and subsequent health damage while serving on the USS Ronald Reagan during a Fukushima aid and rescue mission. Enis and Plym will discuss the lawsuit they joined against the nuclear plant’s owner, Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO), for misleading US officials about the extent of radiation released.

nuclearfreeplanet.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
From 8:20 to 9:05.
An admissision that they are deliberately steaming the rads out to avoid building more storage tanks.

Also near the beginning, that the quake ruptured the reactors.

Colorado rain snow.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Just In Case...

The blow out panel on Unit 2 can be slid open:

photo.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This looks like REALLY bad news for Japan if Mt Fuji blows.

The water level of Kawaguchi lake is rapidly decreasing for some reason. Local newspaper comments it’s due to the shortage of rain, but because the lake has no natural outlet, it is hard to explain this rapid decrease of water only by evaporation.

From Fukushima Diary

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

That's not what is stated. You're lying.

The guy says that they need to consider the possibility of letting some of the waste evaporate.

Big difference.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom

That's not what is stated. You're lying.

The guy says that they need to consider the possibility of letting some of the waste evaporate.

Big difference.

"....You're lying..."

very strong words sir ..could you possibly elaborate?

(and "waste evaporating" is ever good how?)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Haha. Waste evaporating. I'd like to hear how that works.

FIFTY SHADES OF FUKU'D

Mainstream press-titutes - Assumed the position long ago, begging for just a tiny touch
Experts - Arses in the air
Nukesperts - Giving BJ's for their supper
Politicians - Spreader barred to the whip stand
Nukeindustry - Classic dom stance
WHO - Ball gagged
Public - Blindfolded, earbuds in, and tied to the bed

Well, happy nuke-a-versary all. It seems we still have "situation normal".

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

Where are your links to show us that nuclear waste can evaporate and disappear?
You bring nothing to a thread but a filthy, insulting pie-hole and the temper tantrum of an 5 year old who can't get his way.
Do you have anything else?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Estimates just keep going up and up. Effecting north Atlantic too?
Study: Up to 47 quadrillion becquerels of cesium-137 released into Pacific from Fukushima — Nearly 50 times original Tepco estimate. {Remember, this is only Cesium they are counting}
A quadrillion is a 1000 trillion.

enenews.com...
www.biogeosciences-discuss.net...

"the meltdown of six reactors at three of Fukushima Daiichi’s plants" ??? Typo or slip?
What do they know that they're not telling?
www.thisismoney.co.uk...

March 17th 2011 documents.

"MALE PARTICIPANT: Yes. Yes.
MALE PARTICIPANT: Boron -- water without
boron is better than no water at all.
MALE PARTICIPANT: Like I said, this is
nothing that I have ever done. This is not what
regulators do".
pbadupws.nrc.gov...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Big Rad Spike in Seawater

www.tepco.co.jp...

Moch noticed this also:
fukushima-diary.com...

AC....the numbers are getting to be incomprehensible..."1000 trillion"....

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Guys, fellow researchers, I hope you dont mind me posting this here on this thread, but I feel it is relevant in some ways.

I need your thoughts again please.

After all, who better to propose features and requirements other than those of us who have been investigating this terrible Fukushima disaster for so long.
My investigation project proposal is here

You will also notice that zworld posted his comments on the original idea back when he was still around in May last year.

top topics

<< 1365  1366  1367    1369  1370  1371 >>

join