join

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Something Up With Units 5 & 6?

At 2:23 into clip:

Still steaming:

- Purple Chive

edit on 30-12-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

That first video at 2:23 looks like it could be smoke as easily as steam. That would be bad news as the biggest fire hazard is in the spent fuel pools. I guess we will know when the radiation levels either spike or don't spike in the next day or two.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Yeah, I saw this last night. When compressed to 3 minutes the quake looks like a bump. I wanted to see if the quake might be vertical {A lot worse for us.} so I went to fukulong. Guess what? The hour was not there, and I just checked again. Nope. By the way, the quake did look up and down.
Have a look at this TBS footage on ENE.
I hope the orange flash at 2,36 was the sun setting.
Lets hope Knuck got the live footage of the quake.
enenews.com...

And Bla Bla Bla, watch me cover our A$$
NRC Chairman Gregory Jaczko during August 2012 visit to Japan: This is an important lesson for all of us and I wish more people could come and see firsthand what has happened.
ex-skf.blogspot.ca...
enenews.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Nuck's EQ Capture

Yup AC...looks rather vertical...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Dec 30th. Kauai in alert again...Princeville, HI, US
Total Counts 12,428
Average CPM 43
Minimum CPM 18
Maximum CPM 221

Ok, Eastern Ontario Dec 30th 012, Sunny -15 Celsius / 5 Farenheit. Two 45 minute air tests, back to back. 9:30 to 11:00 am. Both tests had an Avg of 0.13 microsieverts per hour, but Part 1 had spikes to 0.49, 0.31, 0.34, 0.29, 0.30, and a bunch of 0.21's at the end. The readings calmed down in part 2 after a spike to 0.29 and 0.21

Gundersen: Integrity of concrete at Fukushima plant studied — Salt water making it easier for fuel pools to crack
enenews.com...
www.fairewinds.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Somebody better grease up the paddles for Hawaii.

Kauai Update...spikes all day Princeville, HI, US
Average CPM 47
Minimum CPM 18
Maximum CPM 221

Almost entire ground-level of Northern Hemisphere covered in radioactive fission product after 3/11 (GRAPHIC) — Study: “The impact of Fukushima radioxenon releases on the worldwide Xe-133 background must be investigated”
enenews.com... ases-worldwide-xe-133-background-be-investigated-graphic

link.springer.com...

Hey, Happy New Year Gang!! {We can hope, right?} Get wasted, get naked or just relax.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Record fall in Japanese population in 2012

It says the number of deaths topped 1.24 million, the second most in the post-war era. But it is about 8,000 fewer deaths than 2 years ago when an earthquake and tsunami

Japan's health and welfare ministry says it believes the population shrank in 2012 for the 6th year in a row. The ministry's population estimate suggests the largest annual decline since records became available. The ministry says about 1.03 million people were born in Japan in 2012. The figure is the lowest since the end of World War Two, and 18,000 lower than the figure for 2011. It says the number of deaths topped 1.24 million, the second most in the post-war era. But it is about 8,000 fewer deaths than 2 years ago when an earthquake and tsunami took many lives in northeastern Japan. The ministry said the total population decreased by a record 212,000 last year. The ministry estimates women are having an average of 1.39 children. That's about the same as 2 years ago. The ministry officials say the population is expected to continue to age and decline. Dec. 31, 2012 - Updated 22:04 UTC (07:04 JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Happy New Year folks...gotta stay positive!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Nuck's Capture of Smoke/Steam 12/30/12

What could have been steaming or on fire?

enformable.com...

enformable.com...

- Purple Chive
edit on 1-1-2013 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I don't think it much matters whether it was smoke or steam. There is so much of it that either way it is bad news.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

I don't think it much matters whether it was smoke or steam. There is so much of it that either way it is bad news.

Just wondering what building or area around the plant could have caused so much smoke/steam?

Still amazed that NPP did this practice to begin with:

More residents refuse nuclear benefits after Fukushima disaster

ajw.asahi.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Film showing the removal of the beam that fell into #3 fuel pool. Looks like there is a few more in there.

Film of a cruise through #2. Lots of rad strikes.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Cs-137 Detected Unit 3 Sub-Drain...First Time in Months

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Correct me if I am wrong, but that is not a good thing. Does this signal that some new failure in the SFP or one of the reactor cores is happening???

If so, how bad is it???

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
CROOKED CLEANUP (1): Radioactive waste dumped into rivers during decontamination work in Fukushima
"We were told to clean up only those areas around a measurement site," one worker said.
ajw.asahi.com...

CROOKED CLEANUP (2): Some decontamination workers sorry for following orders
However, the supervisor from Dai Nippon Construction told the 30 or so workers under his watch to dump whatever would not fit into the bags or to throw materials down the slope outside of the line marked by the pink tape. Whenever the supervisor was not present, the person taking his place gave similar instructions.
The man questioned if the work could actually be called decontamination. He confronted the supervisor about his instructions on Nov. 27 and recorded the conversation.
The man can be heard asking, "Is it all right to just dump the stuff?"
The supervisor replied: "Yeah, yeah, it's OK. It can't be helped."

ajw.asahi.com...

CROOKED CLEANUP (3): Reporters document extent of shoddy decontamination practices
Before the noon break, however, one of the workers began kicking a pile of fallen leaves into the river. The worker had a pink line around his helmet, designating him as the person in charge of the group. The river eventually meets up with the Ukedogawa river, which passes through Fukushima Prefecture before reaching the Pacific.

The following day, a camera was positioned farther up the river. One worker dumped leaves that had gathered on a rock into the river. Another pushed in a tree trunk. After the work was done, workers used the river water to clean off the dirt that had accumulated on their rubber boots.

ajw.asahi.com...

Some good info here. I can't believe how few hits this video has?

I came across this on FB. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet, though.
pubs.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I heard this song for the first time on the radio the other day, and it made the hair on my arms stand up...

www.youtube.com...

I live in the PNW, where it rains all the time and is like mushroom capital of the world. My BF and I found some HUGE logs in the forest covered with turkey tail mushrooms--one of the most potent medicinal mushrooms you can take to offset the effects of radiation.

My boyfriend had just listened to some 4 hour longevity conference lecture with Arthur Hanes, however, where he was talking about how mushrooms exposed to radiation develop differently, and don't produce the copious amounts of medicinal polysaccharides they normally would.

Oh, the irony.

I remember reading somewhere the locals around Chernobyl swore off mushrooms for a long time. Any idea how long until they started eating them again? If they still eat them?

Although, the differences in cleanup between Fukushima and Chernobyl are staggering...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by manicminxx

I know a lady who was 75 miles from chernobyl when it blew. She ate the mushrooms. Tomatoes too. Big ones. {that would've tipped me off.} She has a brain tumor the size of an orange now and just went for her fourth brain operation. The tumor has a sist now. They've done all they can. How long? The rest of your life and a few more. Mushrooms really suck in the rads like spounges. Maybe some others will chime in with more info. I think they love cesium. Forget them unless they're run through a lab.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Each day about 400 tons of underground water has been flowing...

Each day about 400 tons of underground water has been flowing into reactor buildings since a nuclear accident triggered by the disaster on March 11th, 2011. The water becomes contaminated with radioactive materials.

My brain goes numb...

www3.nhk.or.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Correct me if I am wrong, but that is not a good thing. Does this signal that some new failure in the SFP or one of the reactor cores is happening???

If so, how bad is it???

It's bad Kat. And these are TEPCO's numbers. Should an independent, non-corrupted company take samples...we'd all have to change our underwear.

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Jan 5th 013 Princeville Hawaii
Average CPM 50
Minimum CPM 17
Maximum CPM 314

Oh.... we have an update. Hang on to your Moo moo's.
Princeville Hawaii.
Average CPM 53
Minimum CPM 17
Maximum CPM 884

Sort of dwarfs the first one eh?

Each day about 400 tons of underground water has been flowing into reactor buildings
Add a zero and you'll probably be closer to reality.
www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I find it incredibly disturbing that this thread is still going
It is heartbreaking that the problems are still continuing. I mentioned Fukushima to my husband the other day and he had no idea there were still issues. I hate that this is being left out of the news, more people need to be aware. Sigh. /endrant.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I think most of us figured out long ago that the world-wide silence around this disaster, was a big indicator/clue to how bad this was and will still get.
And on that note.... more dumping into the sea..... but it's OK if "official agencies" approve, right?
Tepco plans to discharge contaminated water into the environment.
fukushima-diary.com...

new topics
top topics

<< 1356  1357  1358    1360  1361  1362 >>

join