Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1354
<< 1351  1352  1353    1355  1356  1357 >>

join

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hey guys,I came across this article about a few whistleblowers about the NRC.

Nuclear Power Whistleblowers Charge Federal Regulators With Favoring Secrecy Over Safety

Richard H. Perkins and Larry Criscione are precise and formal men with more than 20 years of combined government and military service. Perkins held posts at the Department of Energy and the National Nuclear Security Administration before joining the Nuclear Regulatory Commission's Division of Risk Analysis in 2008. Criscione landed at the agency a year later, after five years aboard the USS Georgia as a submarine warfare officer. Now both men are also reluctant whistleblowers, stepping out publicly to accuse the NRC of being both disconcertingly sluggish and inappropriately secretive about severe -- and in one case, potentially catastrophic -- flood risks at nuclear plants that sit downstream from large dams. A number of nuclear safety advocates who have looked into the matter in recent weeks have echoed their complaints, and a collection of documents obtained by The Huffington Post -- including a 4-year old internal communication plan for NRC officials seeking to head-off criticism of its handling of the dam threat, as well as detailed correspondence between Criscione and NRC leadership on the issue -- appears to lend credence to the engineers' concerns. Taken together, the documents and charges shed new light on an agency that has been repeatedly criticized for allowing plant owners to delay crucial safety improvements for years, and for diligently withholding information not as a way of protecting the public interest, but as a way of protecting itself.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
my dear ats-forum
i'm sorry for reposting my last post.
it will not good to let it morphed as a last comment on side.

....please be so free and gives our friend a fifth reason....
fukushima-diary.com...
if you want

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
yeah
one more to get punked up

edit on 4-12-2012 by nuckelchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nuckelchen

That kid has so many facts wrong, he must work for tepco. I can't coment without signing up for something.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Unit 2: FPC skimmer surge tank level

Rather low:

1.07m (as of 11:00 , 12/6 )

※10:Water level adjusted due to restovation works

www.tepco.co.jp...

- At 2:23 PM on December 5, Unit 2 spent fuel pool alternative cooling system was suspended in prior to the suspension of the common MC1A scheduled on December 6 for recovery work (connecting the cable) of MC1A-2A interconnected line cable damage occurred on November 2. The cooling will be suspended until December 7. The pool water temperature when the cooling was stopped was 14.5℃ and the pool water temperature increase rate during the suspension is 0.211℃/h. The amount of temperature increase is estimated to be approx. 11℃. There is no problem with the spent fuel pool water temperature control considering the sufficient margin to the maximum allowed temperature (65℃).

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 6-12-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Some proof that fukushima fallout is here in North America.
allegedlyapparent.wordpress.com...

And South America. My buddy in southern Brazil could have told them this long ago.
enenews.com...
www.atmos-chem-phys.net...

Maybe GR or Silver could help put this into lingo the rest of us can grasp?

EARLY IN SITU MEASUREMENT OF RADIOACTIVE FALLOUT IN FUKUSHIMA CITY
Using a high-purity germanium detector, both indoor and outdoor radionuclides that had deposited 1.5 d after the radioactive fallout events in the city of Fukushima were experimentally measured. Eleven artificial (131I, 132I, 134Cs, 136Cs, 137Cs, 129Te, 129mTe, 131mTe, 132Te, 140La and 99mTc) and 5 natural radionuclides were identified. Total air kerma rates were mainly due to 132I, 134Cs and 136Cs from 4 to 6 µGy/h at a 7.5-cm height from the ground. Radioactive contamination on the ground was contributed by 132I and 132Te, from 330 to 420 Bq/cm2. In a worst-case scenario, the maximum skin dose rates were estimated to be from 520 to 670 µGy/h. Effective dose rates were evaluated to be 10 to 15 µSv/h and reached 17.9 µSv/h at 4 a.m. on 16 March. In the effective dose rates, 132I, 134Cs and 132Te were the main contributors. Our measurements are useful for estimating dose levels in the public in the city of Fukushima during the days after radioactive fallout contamination.
rpd.oxfordjournals.org...

TEPCO Worker Ages
TEPCO releases worker radiation exposure data to WHO
Read more at enformable.com...

Scientists are crooked bastards.
Japan scientists took utility money
bigstory.ap.org...

So is the Canadian government.
Canada has again been scolded on the international stage for its “lack of progress” in fighting bribery and corruption by a watchdog agency that ranks it among the worst of nearly 40 countries.
www.theglobeandmail.com...
I guess I'll have to learn Slovak

A little info on the R #5, #6 leaking that we never hear about.
fukushima-diary.com...

Tepco stopped groundwater flowing into reactor3, 16 months after they found it out.
fukushima-diary.com...
Yeah, they started pumping it up to R #2 and yelling "Oops so sorry" as it ran into the sea.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Heads up, 7.3 not far from Fukushima just occurred.

Yesterday a rash of high 4s and a 5, then in a rough line out to sea, the 7.3 occured, similar region to where the trigger points where for the big quake.

Preliminary report so far only, no aftershocks either which is weird.

EDIS Number: EQ-20121207-290823-JPN Common Alerting Protocol
Magnitude: 7.3
Mercalli scale: 10
Date-Time [UTC]: Friday, 07th December 2012 at 08:18 AM
Local Date/Time: Thursday, December 06, 2012 at 18:18 in the evening at epicenter
Coordinate: 37° 53.310, 144° 5.424
Depth: 36.10 km (22.43 miles)
Hypocentrum: Shallow depth
Class: Major
Region: Asia
Source: USGS
Generated Tsunami: Not or no data
Damage: Not or no data

hisz.rsoe.hu...

TBS cam is being very weird, does not like natural movment but I have not watched it for a while. Can't see #4 but the side of the building that is visible looks flat :x Tepco cam shows it present but tepco cam is about as reliable as the NRC.

Greetings AC, I see your post, will be digging into making it legible tonight as this quake unfolds, noticed the units used on the press release and shook my head too! Multiple units for maximum confusion, they obviously don't want anyone understanding the report, even if it is a (s)hit piece with the caesium swap.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The 7.3 was followed by a 6.2 as well as several smaller aftershocks. Considering the fragile nature of what is left of the Fukushima buildings they don't really need this, and neither does the rest of the world if those buildings collapse and release all the radiation there.

MAP 4.8 2012/12/07 09:23:04 37.822 144.175 35.1 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

MAP 4.7 2012/12/07 09:13:24 37.721 143.746 35.1 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

MAP 4.7 2012/12/07 09:01:54 37.741 143.543 35.3 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

MAP 5.5 2012/12/07 08:48:15 37.849 143.581 34.8 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

MAP 3.4 2012/12/07 08:46:35 58.176 -151.278 50.0 KODIAK ISLAND REGION, ALASKA

MAP 6.2 2012/12/07 08:31:15 37.939 143.763 29.2 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

MAP 3.1 2012/12/07 08:27:01 60.206 -144.057 34.9 SOUTHERN ALASKA

MAP 7.3 2012/12/07 08:18:24 37.889 144.090 36.1 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
something to keep an eye on folks, they are predicting a stronger quake to possibly hit this area soon.

Japan meteorological agency warns potential M8.0 to hit east coast of Japanese island

Having the M7.3 of 12/7/2012, Mr. Nagai from Meteorological agency warned bigger earthquake of M8.0 class is expected.

The M7.3 was one of the aftershocks of 311, which was outerrise type of the earthquake. M8.0 class of the earthquake was expected but the last one was smaller.
There is a possibility that a bigger outerrise type one occurs at North or South of this epicenter.

Outerrise type of the earthquake is a normal fault type caused by the stretched and split Pacific plate outside of the Japan Deep.
It was expected to happen as a reaction of 311, which was reverse fault type.

fukushima-diary.com...

every time i hear of a quake in this area it makes me nervous as hell.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Considering the amount of radiation that could be released in a total meltdown, and the claim by some that if total meltdown did happen the whole northern hemisphere would become uninhabitable for decades if not centuries, I think the whole world should be nervous. I am 73 and ready to meet my maker but there are a lot of people who have a lot of their lives ahead of them and a disaster of that scale would kill billions. Yes, there is plenty of reason to be nervous even without another quake in the offing.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Can't summarise this any better but to steal a quote from enenews commenter sickputer;

"the cesium from Fukushima came in a one-to-one ratio of Cs-137 to Cs-134"

ref: www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

SP: So why lie about Cs-137?

Because Cs-134 goes away in 20 years (maybe) while Cs-137 takes 300 years. Far better to report the land is not contaminated with Cs-137."

I wouldn't trust any of the numbers on that piece with the above in mind.

edit:
Nuc do you have more info on your video below - did you edit it or is this as it came from tepco?
www.youtube.com...
edit on 8/12/12 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
See also preparator.wordpress.com...

Nowadays this linky contains lots more than the Fukustory.

Note that the last public forum in Finland was censored/closed on the mourning date of our Independence day 6-Dec-2012. Lost via Vat-i-can EUpappal betrayal, like all 27 countries - all hijacked. Only minority, maybe 10% accepts this neocommunist system. Note that K M arx was one founder in the papal illuminati -l0dge.

That forum was closed on my last article of these plutonium factories. Basically my common folks language story went like this:

- Designation of an Nuclear Power Plant. The name itself is a hoax for yall ppl to accept your irradiation. The purpose - THE ONLY PURPOSE - is to produce Plutonium for nuclear warheads, DU Depleted uranium for small arms. Depleted means less cancerous - until used - when it melts and becomes disastrous contaminant. Servicemen die globally handling this DU...

- Plutonium Factory is the proper name. The only reason they contain a turbine/generator, is to pump all process radiation via electric grid into your home. Pure depopulation - which btw is no conspiracy but a stated goal of the club of Rome: Ted Turner, illuminati member says that population of 500million would be ok. That means 90% will be killed - whata monstrous job!

- A rto L auri has shown how the K-radiation pores through all reactor walls. Older reactors become like sieves: 0lkilu0to reactors each lose yearly 2tons of fuel from direct radiation through all walls. Direct flow through any walls, nothing hinders this K-radiation. Note: From fifty types of radiation, only 4 are allowed to be meted... This K-type rad tunnels the base rock under a 'NPP' and it will become thoroughly porous ---> fuku daichii reactor IV xplosion was mile deep methane xplosion vie the porous base rock.

- Uranium in nature 0.1-2% in high rich ore: U234 (.0054%), U235 (.71%) ja U238 (99.28%). When one ton (2.200 pounds) ore is enriched, result is 54grams (1.9oz) raw uranium - to be enriched into fuel grade uranium. Zillions gallons of oil is used in this process before one fuel rod is ready to be inserted into the plutonium processing plant.

- The new fuel rods are placed into a Plutonium factory oven to be baked. After one year, the yield may be 2-4% of Plutonium. CANDU type reactors yield happily more... Now the finn military has developed an envious process: by rotating the rods, they can keep em in up to 5 years - in the plutonium factory oven. This results into best grade plutonium - where everyone wants to get this fruit...

Imagine the Moscow 1954 - the famous, enormous GUM commercial center ... mostly empty. What happens when a batch of zinc buckets from the jsuit gulag 'factories' arrive? Not even a army of nukepolice could keep the rushing babuskas away from the loot!

No here is the same effect: the jsuital nukemen cant keep emselves at bay, when the finn plant fruit delivery is ready. We can read about that when the secret closed and only NPP-class port (=no customs, no police) ships its products. so called news: "ARc ticsea ship hijacked! Mossad this, jews that blabla..."

Page 1/2 ...to be continued...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Part 2/2

Tritium is one of the worst contaminants that these crooks have found no value. It is a byproduct of enriching nuke Plutonium warheads in the 'NPPs'. This is why the plants recircling cooling water is typically thrown out as waste, into rivers, sea at the art of 'yearly maintenance'. This phenomena was unveiled by A rto L auri, the finn whistleblower.
As a consequence, the Baltic sea was world most polluted (10x more than any other) in 1990's - 123Bq/L. I guess now its over 200Bq/L. While contaminated area goal is hillaryously 20Bq/L. In reality, healthy environment is ZERO. Whata hoax.

The more and better Plutonium one bakes, the more the cooling water becomes full with Tritium. Thus, our beloved (?) finns crooks have poisoned the whole sea. This cooling water that is pumped around the hot fuel rods, around these highly menacing environment irradiating fuel rods, becomes steam. This steam is then used to propel the turbines and attached generators. When cooled, the condensed water is re-circulated into the plant, Plutonium boiler.

Once a year the plant is stopped, some ripened fruits eg. enormously irradiating fuel rods are taken out for reprocessing. Some are repositioned to increase yield. Some new are added. When this refueling - called also 'maintenance' - or revision - is done, the cooling tritium infested water has to be pumped out to access these fuel rods. When this water is out, boiler pressure vesel opened, all this Tritium steam etc radiation is released inside into the plant - air becomes highly toxic. Note: all nuclear warheads become useless in 2-5 yrs: they have to be refreshed in a Plutonium factory. Thus it becomes very clear why we must have em "nu-clear power plants".

'Luckily' there's the ventilation system (see illustration, green tubing's): 140meter stacks, wide enough to drive through trucks, ventilate all plants 24/7/365. During 'normal' operation plant personnel would die off in 2 minutes without ventilation. During refuel - your MSM 'maintenance' - the ventilated air is 1000-10.000x more toxic. A rto L auri says: I saw a flock of birds flying over the stack. They became instantly grilled. They dropped onto the ground, smoldering, roasted alive. Guards said: "dont touch or eat - if you don't want to become radiated-grilled from inside..."

Today, there are 3-20 Plutonium factories in 'maintenance', constantly pumping tritium etc into atmosphere. Not to speak of the 'fukusix', open smoldering ruins. Why are they kept open, stacks pumping? Depop -program is the only answer I can think of... Totally some 500 'public' papal depop factories. Who knows how many military, university irradiators there are on top of this. 1000 more?

See fukuventing today from reactor IV www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvHRM4bkSV0

At top right (illustration) u can see the waste pools. This 0lkiu0to pool roof collapsed once. Kept secret as all these fukumiracles happening every year in all thousand plants. They have canvas roofs - just to ventilate some type of radiation directly onto the population. One heavier type elements are guided into electric grid - into your household. This is a very nice finn way to show clean plant: most typical radiation has vanished, readings really clean. Finns are envied of how clean their power plants are, how they can keep em running for years... when even russians open their Plutonium boilers yearly - not to poison everyone around. The longer you run, the more tritium u get. Thus we have a shining sea, fishes long gone - tens miles radius from this plant (AL).

The finn Plutonium factories have their own closed ports. Via these ports the fruits are smuggled into the glopapal markets: AL says that just one 0lkilu0t0 plant ahs secretly sold €200billion worth of nuclear bomb grade plutonium - another EUscam into the pile of thousands secret jsut vat-i-can -operations,

preparator.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Unit #1. This ongoing hydrogen reaction in the torus along with continuing to see post quake activity in the same area of the reactor indicate a continued event in the torus that can be picked up by the Drywell B sensor.
www.simplyinfo.org...

From Centaur in the coments on the ene page.
"The conclusion on the radiation Drywell B spikes at unit 1 are that corium forms a crust as it cools. Our conclusion is something that has not been covered by any known analysis for post core meltdown accidents. Significant earthquakes or major after shocks cause the crust formed over the corium to break open and release radiation which were then sensed by the radiation monitors."
enenews.com...

In June, door-to-door surveying in non-evacuated areas 60 kilometres from the plant revealed clusters of residents with persistent nose bleeding and diarrhoea. The same symptoms were also found among Tokyo residents
Read more: www.theage.com.au...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

2:00 Mark Into Nuck's Capture...

Great job Nuck!

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Turn on your geigers in a couple of days gang! Something will be coming down our chiminey's and it won't be the fat guy in the red suit!

The end of the vid looks worse than the beginning

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well, here is some really bad news!!!

PLANETARY TREMORS: Topographical Protuberance - The Japanese Government Warns of 8.0 Magnitude Mega-Earthquake That Can Hit At Anytime!

December 09, 2012 - JAPAN - Concerns are rising that Japan could be hit by another massive earthquake after a magnitude-7.3 quake struck off the coast of northeastern Japan on Friday.

The quake struck in the same region that was battered by last year's massive earthquake and tsunami that triggered the Fukushima nuclear crisis. High-rise buildings in Tokyo swayed for minutes during Friday's quake and at least two people were injured. Japan's Asahi Shimbun reports that aftershocks could continue and warned residents in the northeastern region to exercise caution. Japan's Defense Science and Technology Institute says the latest tremor is especially alarming, adding an earthquake with a magnitude of eight or over could soon strike the country.

A month or two back there was a warning, I think it was from Arnie Gunderson, that TEPCO would not be able to remove all the fuel rods from the site before another quake large enough to finish off the Fukushima Daichi buildings and expose all the remaining rods. That could end up being a disaster that could make the entire northern hemisphere uninhabitable for two to three hundred years.

This new 7.3 quake and the many strong aftershocks, along with the warning of an 8.0 or higher soon to be in the offing, is the stuff adult nightmares are made of.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Phew, that had me worried for a sec!

Its snow on the lens, what looks like smoke is the camera lens de-fogging.

Tryin to give a bruthah' a heart attack

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Arnie on the recent Dec 7th 7.3 EQ and the shape things are in.
Pt 1.

Pt 2.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I just finished listening to the Arnie Gunderson interview. While he is not being an alarmist waving his hands in the air and yelling the sky is falling, he does, in his own quiet and calm way, make some very disturbing points.

1 - It will be impossible to remove all the fuel without further radiation leaks due to the damage to the rods and racks as well as the fragile nature of the spent fuel rods. Although they are going to try to mitigate it with the covers over the pools.

2 - He does think there is a very real possibility of another damaging quake and possible tsunami before all the rods can be safely removed from the site. Even if they get half of the rods out before a complete collapse of the pools there will still be enough fuel on site to cause a worldwide disaster if it all melts down and burns.

3 - He asks a very important question about the other reactors and buildings at Fukushima, namely; why isn't TEPCO giving out any information about their condition? I wonder just what TEPCO is hiding about current and future danger from the other reactors and pools.

4 - This interview mentions another TEPCO power station with a similar sounding name not too far from the Fukushima site. Apparently at least one reactor suffered a loss of power to the cooling system for a short time. Now after the 7.3 quake there was a rise in reactor vessel pressure. Did that loss of cooling cause some damage to anything at the other plant and if so why the heck are they still operating it????

So many questions, so few answers. It looks like a coin toss as to whether or not there is a mega disaster still in the works from Fukushima.

new topics
top topics

<< 1351  1352  1353    1355  1356  1357 >>

join