learn more

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1348
<< 1345  1346  1347    1349  1350  1351 >>

join

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

It is suppose to rain all day tomorrow here.

The last rain I got left a heavy dirty residue.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Originally posted by Purplechive

Unit 1: Hydrogen Level...Interesting....

Yesterday:

System A:0.19vol% System B:0.19vol% (as of 11:00 , 10/23 )

Today:

System A:0.79vol% System B:0.79vol% (as of 11:00 , 10/24 )

They started cranking up Nitrogen injection yesterday into the suppression chamber ....but the hydrogen level in the PCV increased...

- At 9:37 AM on October 23, continuous nitrogen injection into Unit 1 suppression chamber was started. The nitrogen injection is planned to be continued for about a month until the hydrogen concentration in the suppression chamber is reduced to approx. 2%.

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 24-10-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

Golly Gee...

System A:1.11vol% System B:1.12vol% (as of 11:00 , 10/25 )

And they are pumping a heck of a lot of nitrogen into it:

RPV:13.03N㎥/h PCV:20.48N㎥/h (as of 11:00 , 10/25 )

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 25-10-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

Hydrogen level in PCV:

System A:1.36vol% System B:1.36vol% (as of 11:00 , 10/26 )

www.tepco.co.jp...

Wonder what the hydrogen level was in the Suppression Chamber before they started this and why it is increasing the hydrogen level in the PCV?

the hydrogen concentration in the suppression chamber is reduced to approx. 2%

The Mark I containment design consists of several major components, many of which can be seen on page 3-16. These major components include:
• The drywell, which surrounds the reactor vessel and recirculation loops,
• A suppression chamber, which stores a large body of water (suppression pool),
• An interconnecting vent network between the drywell and the suppression chamber, and
• The secondary containment, which surrounds the primary containment (drywell and suppression pool) and houses the spent fuel pool and emergency core cooling systems.

The suppression chamber is cylindrical and separated from the drywell by a reinforced concrete slab. The drywell is topped by an elliptical steel dome called a drywell head. The drywell inerted atmosphere is vented into the suppression chamber through as series of downcomer pipes penetrating and supported by the drywell floor.

www.nrc.gov...

They also plan on doing this for a month...

And the huge recent spike in Unit 1's rad levels???

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 26-10-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I hate Tepco. I have really grown sick of the crappy film they hand the public month after month.
Always with intent to deliberately dumbfound confuse and bewilder everyone.
Well, yesterday I came across this ANN film of R #1 shot from the balloon. They really have no shame at all with this garbage they hand us, so I dug out some old pics and went to work lining them up.
First the film.

I apologize because this will be a long post, or maybe even two posts, but when it's done at least we will know where we are looking and hopefully some of you will see some new things, that I don't.
Ok, from August 011. West side of #1 looking at the truck bay. We can see that the roof of #1 sits diagonally from south to north The freight shaft the balloon went up is in there through the truck bay.

First lets take a look at the far right panel. {slide pic over} I marked 2 reference points. A curved piece of metal sticking up from the hub of the frame, and a vertical piece of metal that hangs outside of the framework.

A screen cap from the May 16th 011 tepco film, shot by the drone, lines up perfect.

Now we go to the next panel over. This is the panel where the freight shaft comes up. Here I marked the vertical beams at the south {right} side of the freight shaft, as well as some metal protrusions center bottom.

And lined it up with a screen cap from the May 16 011 drone film. Same vertical beams, same protrusion. I also marked the side of the freight shaft. This is where the balloon is filming from.

Up until now in every shot we are looking east, towards the sea.
Ok Oct 25th 012, yesterday. A new shot of the #1 frieght shaft with some extra hoses along the side.

To be continued.....

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ok, from the May 16th 011 drone film we have a shot of a pool crane. In the film there was steam coming out of the dark area near the horizontal base of the crane. Before I get to the arrows please note what looks like a crack in the bottom of the crane. Ok left arrow {collapsed I-beam}. Next arrow right {rectangle on vertical side of crane}. Next arrow right {larger rectangle twisted to the left}. Top arrow, This piece of fallen roof has this strange darker pattern along the bottom edge.
Also, do we know if this fuel pool crane was sitting north-south? #4 was east-west.

From the new film. Same strange dark pattern on the piece of fallen roof. Same twisted to the left rectangle also

Now the camera turns a little to the left. We see the rectangle on the vertical side of the crane, and the collapsed I-beam again.

If the tent wasn't on we would see the ocean through that light area,

Now the camera swings a little more to the left {north east}. Same rectangle and I-bean can be seen but we get a peak at the far side of the I-beam and damage there. Sort of looks like the roof landed on the reactor or pretty close.

This shot was the most confusing and puzzling because of the sight of another building. Admin building? #1 turbine building? I believe were looking NE. Note the rippled concrete

Sure looks the same as the rippled concrete here. Again from the May 011 drone film.

Finally a zoom showing what looks like a really bad crack in the base of the pool crane.
Aside from adding the tent, it really doesn't look like anybody has been in here since May 011. Nothing has changed.

I hope I made the film less confusing.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yeah, being on the west coast is not very comforting either. It is supposed to rain for several days straight here in Portland.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
More film of R #1.
Part 1.

Part 2

Part 3

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
once in a great while the local paper mentions fukushima., the latest : contaminated fish still found off japan. A "silt fence" was installed near the crippled nuclear plant at fukushima ,japan to help prevent contaminated water from spreading to the ocean.

link: www.straitstimes.com...
edit on 26-10-2012 by research100 because: corrected a sentence

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Only the local newspapers report on it here... but they do a freaking good job of it. It's refreshing to hear people (beyond the confines of the internet) that care...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Incredible grabs and analysis AC!!
Interesting how TEPCO decided to just cover up Unit 1 vs. clean up like they are doing with Units 4 and 3.

Some more on the hydrogen build up in Unit 1:
www.simplyinfo.org...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
here i've got more of what-is-called "german angst".

you knews the report from me about the steam-event at night-time,specially @ 01:04 JST ?

and that tepco had report their mysterious fire that happened the day later as something "big" that isn't was at all?

well,
lets have a look on the nuke-charted datas from the three days:

ma-04x.net...
ma-04x.net...
ma-04x.net...

and as an nucky-video:

japan still knows it...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
A question. Have a look at this I-beam I screen capped from the #1 footage. Is this steel rippled or wavy? I realize the paint is throwing a shadow on the right side, where it is lifting but have a look at the rusted part. Does this show extreme heating, not connected to a hydrogen explosion?

OT but did you see the quakes in BC?
Magnitude 7.7 - QUEEN CHARLOTTE ISLANDS REGION
neic.usgs.gov...

5.8 aftershock too. Time to pop over to the EQ thread and see what the great folks over there think?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
my friend
if i would have ur email i could send you some datas about that i working...
let it me say so,
i found some proofs of a nuke explosion at nr 3....
i will be ready with that in the next hours...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Unit 1: Hydrogen Level...Interesting....

System A:0.19vol% System B:0.19vol% (as of 11:00 , 10/23 )

System A:0.79vol% System B:0.79vol% (as of 11:00 , 10/24 )

System A:1.11vol% System B:1.12vol% (as of 11:00 , 10/25 )

System A:1.36vol% System B:1.36vol% (as of 11:00 , 10/26 )

A系:1.53vol% B系:1.53vol% (10/28 11:00 現在)

www.tepco.co.jp...

The temps look really good:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 28-10-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I would say that is heavy duty corrosion (of paint and the metal beneath it) due to radioactive steam exposure.

Also remember that since the plant is on the coast, the salt in the air will lead to quicker and more extensive corrosive tendencies. Any exposed metal will degrade very quickly In the presence of all that salt water.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I sent our bud "potrblog" a question about this vid. My geiger according to the soeks rep, is only calibrated to cesium 137 {beta} but it can be sensative to other beta or gamma, so I could be reading 0.50 microsieverts per hour and it is 2 uSv/h, depending on how that batch of radioactivecrap is mixed in the rain. My question was, Doesn't this radiation travel equally? If I'm getting 15 or 30 X background in C137, wouldn't I also be getting all the other nasty isotopes at 15 or 30 X background? This was in reference to potr saying that he thought 4 cpm of his reading was really nasty long-life stuff.

Somehow we have to make fallout understandable to the rest of us
I want to thank him for a great answer.
Give me a visual answer and I get it everytime.
Here is his answer..... Re:A question
Different radioactive materials decay at different rates. Its like candles burning at different rates. The candles that burn "decay" the fastest are the brightest but also burn out the quickest. The candles that burn the slowest give off light for a long time, but are also are harder to see.
The long half life stuff is like the slow burning candle; it is more difficult to "see" with the geiger counter, but it hangs around for a long time. It hangs around long enough that what ever falls in the next rain storm adds to what ever is there from the last storm. So over a long time period, things can get very bright from the build up of a lot of slow burning candles.
The amount of build up is one of the things we look to estimate with our tests. What we do with test samples is let them sit in a lead cave while and measure how their radioactivity changes, simultaneously we measure how the background radiation changes. We subtract the 2 measurements to see what is there above background. In essence we're letting all the fast burning candles burn out so that we can see how many slow burning candles are left. That which is left is the stuff that can build up in the environment.
Fortunately, so far, the on going build up (post explosion) here seems to be slow. Last year's drought played a role in that. Usually (but not always) we find between 1 and 4 cpm left that just does not go away in the time frame we have to measure it.
In regards to the radiation traveling equally, it does not. How far it goes, how long it stays up in the air, and how much comes down in the rain depends on the properties of the element. For example, radioactive gasses are harder to wash out. On the other hand, particles can wash out of the air more easily; but even that depends on how soluble they are in water and/or whether or not they are attracted to static charges.
Our measurements are still a work in progress, but our best guess is that worst was the initial explosion, and that post explosion build up in the soil and plants is happening very slowly here in the Saint Louis area. I also suspect that it is a lot worse on the west coast.
Were expect to put out a video soon on the results we got back from some professional testing. Right now we think the best risk mitigation is to stay out of the rain, and avoid any foods from the west coast and points further west.
Thanks Potr!

Ok, my rain last Friday night

So here it is Sunday Oct 28th, 2 pm.... still raining here, so I did the ole windshield swipe with the paper towel.

What was that about "natural radon" washes out through the rain in a few hours? This is after two days of rain.
Now at the same time my down spout {150 ft away} was reading 0.45, so maybe like in Japan you can get a different reading every 20 ft?

On 3/21/2011, 50 times more of Uranium238 was measured in the air of Hawaii than 2010
fukushima-diary.com...

Report: 100,000 Tepco employees being sent to Fukushima in 2013
I love the comments on this. "Throw the execs and previous shareholders in first!"

enenews.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Water Stop Work at the Common Pool Connecting Duct

Notice the "before the earthquake" photos....
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Sorry folks, been gone a long time. Trying to catch back up.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
These Whacky tepco guys just don't like Sandy stealing their lime-light.

lucaswhitefieldhixson.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Haven't Learned Jack Sh!t...

* Exelon Corp declares alert at New Jersey Oyster Creek nuclear plant on storm surge * Fire suppression system may need to be used to cool spent rods if further water rise-NRC * Exelon says no threat to public health or safety By Scott DiSavino NEW YORK, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Exelon Corp declared an "alert" at its New Jersey Oyster Creek nuclear power plant due to a record storm surge, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission said, warning that a further water rise could force the country's oldest working plant to use emergency water supplies to cool spent uranium fuel rods. The alert -- the second lowest of four NRC action levels -- came after water levels at the plant rose by more than 6.5 feet (2 meters), potentially affecting the pumps that circulate water through the plant, an NRC spokesman said late on Monday. Those pumps are not essential since the 43-year-old plant was shut for planned refueling since Oct. 22. However, a further rise to 7 feet could submerge the service water pump motor that is used to cool the water in the spent fuel pool. Exelon said in a statement that there was no danger to equipment and no threat to public health or safety. The incident at Oyster Creek, which is about 60 miles (95 km) east of Philadelphia on the New Jersey Coast, came as Sandy made landfall as the largest Atlantic storm ever, bringing up to 90 mile per hour (mph) winds and 13-foot storm surges in the biggest test of the industry's emergency preparedness since the Fukushima disaster in Japan a year and a half ago. Although such alerts are considered serious events in the industry -- with only about a dozen such instances in the past four years, according to NRC press releases -- flood waters should be receding at the plant following high tide, reducing the risk of emergency action. Sandy had been expected to force the closure of at least two other nuclear plants in New Jersey, although the NRC said none of the country's other nuclear reactors had been shut by the storm. The NRC spokesman said the company could use water from a fire suppression system to cool the pool if necessary. The used uranium rods in the pool could cause the water to boil within 25 hours without additional coolant; in an extreme scenario the rods could overheat, risking the eventual release of radiation. Exelon spokesman David Tillman said the plant has "multiple and redundant" sources of cooling for the spent fuel pool. He said he did not know whether the service water system was operational at the moment. MONITORING NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS Constellation Energy Nuclear Group's 630-MW Nine Mile Point 1 nuclear power reactor in upstate New York did shut down due to a problem putting power onto the grid, although it was not clear whether the trouble was related to the storm, the NRC spokesman said. The relatively small 636-megawatt Oyster Creek plant also experienced a "power disruption" at its switch yard, causing two backup diesel generators to kick in and maintain a stable source of power, Exelon said. Tillman said another Exelon reactor at the Limerick facility in Pennsylvania was reduced to 91 percent power after Sandy caused a problem with the condenser. An alert-level incident means there is a "potential substantial degradation in the level of safety" at a reactor. "Given the breadth and intensity of this historic storm, the NRC is keeping a close watch on all of the nuclear power plants that could be impacted," NRC Chairman Allison Macfarlane said. The concerns over the status of the spent fuel pool at Oyster Creek was reminiscent of the fears that followed the Fukushima disaster last year, when helicopters and fire hoses were enlisted to ensure the pools remained filled with fresh, cool water. The nuclear industry has said that the spent fuel rods at Fukushima were never exposed to the air. Nuclear plants must store the spent uranium fuel rods for at least five years in order to cool them sufficiently before they can be moved to dry cask storage containers. The plant uses pumps to take in external water that circulates through a heat exchanger used to cool the internal water that surrounds the rods, keeping them from overheating.

www.reuters.com...

- Purple Chive

new topics

top topics

<< 1345  1346  1347    1349  1350  1351 >>

join