learn more

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1345
<< 1342  1343  1344    1346  1347  1348 >>

join

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

So, now they come full circle, playing the blame game.....

Admitting what we all were screaming about 2 weeks after the disaster.

I curse them all with perpetual flaccidness....

Des

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Aircooled

I curse them all with perpetual flaccidness....

Des

The radiation will probably do that for them anyway,,,,

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
A zoom on #4 from today. A new crane?
Also, maybe it's angle or optics but things don't look quite level.

Kitakyushu city turned off monitoring post to incinerate disaster debris
They're fake to begin with. They read about one-quarter to a half of any real geiger that goes near them, in any video I've seen, and yet they still shut it off.
fukushima-diary.com...

Magnitude 5.1 near Chiba. 20 miles deep.

neic.usgs.gov...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ghostrider: If you are still looking for stuff, the pdf may be in the thread reference list or the image may be in the reference images. ( Here ) Someone may have it on disk if you can tell us a date. If you can find an image which was posted, hover over the thumbnail and it will tell you the thread-page number it came from. The reference is only got up to 26th September and now my machine is having problems.

a geology image here (page 1207 by zworld) showing composition of ground underneath site
edit on 13 Oct 2012 by qmantoo because: geology

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Des, so glad your back. We've missed your great insight. You too KS.

Science Subverted in the Service of the State
The first problem, as explained above, is that there is a risk that the team in charge of the Fukushima Prefectural People’s Health Management Survey is biasing the results since its final objective was "to calm the anxiety of the population."
Second, there is a lack of transparency concerning the survey results.
japanfocus.org...

Asahi Shimbun

By JIN NISHIKAWA/ Staff Writer

OKUMA, Fukushima Prefecture--There are clear signs of progress in recovery work at the stricken Fukushima No. 1 plant, but radiation levels there remain dangerously high.

Journalists toured the site Oct. 12 in the fourth such visit organized by plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. The latest tour for domestic media marked 19 months since the quake, tsunami and three reactor core meltdowns. The last tour took place in May 2012.
The reporters' bus first drove past the four critically damaged reactor buildings on their ocean side. Less rubble was seen strewn about compared with before, but an overturned truck still lay on the roadside, abandoned.
The reactors of concern are Nos. 1 through 4. Near the No. 4 reactor, the radiation level inside the bus reached 1,000 microsieverts per hour, the maximum recorded during this visit.
The bus turned inland, toward a hill, and stopped in front of the No. 4 reactor building. Some debris has now been removed from the building's top floor, a structure that houses a storage pool for spent nuclear fuel. However, the building's walls are still bare concrete and steel frames.
Cranes were seen lifting materials that will be used to install a protective cover over the entire building. A yellow lid, intended to cover the reactor containment vessel, lay down on the ground nearby.
Adjacent is the No. 3 reactor building. Its upper structure remains shattered, damaged by a hydrogen explosion three days after the quake and tsunami hit. Warped steel frames are now visibly rusty, testament to the period of time that has elapsed.

Radiation levels in the No. 3 reactor building remain too high for humans to work there.
For the first time, officials then took the reporters along a road on the hill side of the No. 1 and No. 2 reactor buildings.

The radiation level in the bus jumped to 800 microsieverts per hour. Nearby lies a cordoned-off area where last summer the radiation level was found to be at least 10 sieverts per hour, the highest ever recorded outside the reactor cores.
Also for the first time, the reporters were shown what is known as multi-nuclide removal equipment, filters that help to remove radioactive substances from the highly radioactive water lying in the basements of the reactor buildings. The equipment is currently in trials and will be put to full use when tests are complete.
The Asahi Shimbun reporter was exposed to a cumulative dose of 54 microsieverts during the five-and-a-half-hour trip. The journey began and ended at the J-Village soccer training facility, about 20 kilometers south of the site, which is now a logistics and supply base for the overall containment effort.
ajw.asahi.com...

I'm not sure why they say the bus has never carried reporters up that hill, west of #1 and #2?
I have screen caps showing last winters cruise through there, and they sure did. Maybe the Ashi guys had there eyes closed and were photographing the floor of the bus?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
"Even Tepco has had to admit that at least one radiation monitor showed high radiation levels before the tsunami hit,"
"As Jacobs noted in a recent symposium, to admit that the earthquake caused the meltdowns would imply that all of Japan's plants and many worldwide would have to be shut down."
www.japantimes.co.jp... ries%29

Some more film.
This piece of equipment on the west side of #1 looks new.

Same thing marked from the fly-by. Not sure if those are some kind of tanks north of it? My thought was that this crane, if it is a crane, could lift tanks onto flatbed trucks? I also marked last summers strange concrete pour.

South wall of #4 at the fuel pool wall. Overflow pipe with clamps to hold it in place?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
What a better way to finish a day than Hot freezing rain.

Radioactive kitchenware shipment ordered out of Canada
And it only took them 5 months to make up their minds!
www.cbc.ca...
"There's no guarantee that it won't be sent to some other consumer somewhere else in the world.'

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
So are they now in the process of "entombing" the area, as with Chernobyl? One report mentioned a protective barrier of some kind. Is this actually happening, or are they just saying it is? And what will this do to prevent or protect against leakage from the one that appears to be "sinking?"

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
so,
here are the flybys from the rc-helicopter, 2012-10-10:

and

uups

(just joking..)

linked

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Hey AW. No entombing, no protective barrier, unless you count the new tent they're building as a barrier. They did put in some jack-posts supports last year for the #4 fuel pool, but then they had those vertical quakes around New Years, and I think the jack-posts started punching new cracks in the fuel pool walls. They seem to have some bracing in place again, and I'm guessing it will hold until there is another good rattle.

3 1/2 hours after my 10 pm test. A bit higher at 1:30 am.

Does anyone have any ideas on how large bodies of water, like the great lakes, might effect the movement of rads?
We seem to be finding that places on the west side of the lakes, such as Wisconsin and Minnesota are showing higher background on air {near 60 CPM} a lot more than they use to.

But you can’t fix what’s happening in Fukushima.
enenews.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
yape,
i have an example:
60 minutes to death

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Reading through this topic (I'm gradually catching up to the present,) along with the Deepwater Horizon leak, is among the most depressing and frustrating reads I've had on ATS. I really hope things improve and that more can be done in time.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
A nice clear, current shot of fuk from the south-east turned up today.

A closer look at the "box" being built around #3, and what looks like a new building {blue roof} across and up the hill from #3.

A zoom on the shore shows they are regrading and even burying the discharge gates, but the orange plastic sausages, on the right assure us it's still bleeding.

And a chart showing air dose rates are still climbing there.
benzaiten.dyndns.org...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Thought you might be interested in this recent video recording radiation levels.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
well,
you are not alone :

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

A Lot of Stuff...Japanese Only

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And TEPCO photo site gone....

www.tepco.co.jp...

Sorry not much time to devote at the moment to posting. There's some goodies in above links.

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
very sad news from our backsided ranch.
achtung:grafics!
hitme

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Empty fuel sleeve in #3.
photo.tepco.co.jp...

So the west side of #1 below ground seems to be the hottest spot at #1.
Unit 1, Where The Melted Fuel Is
www.simplyinfo.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

A Lot of Stuff...Japanese Only

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And TEPCO photo site gone....

www.tepco.co.jp...

Sorry not much time to devote at the moment to posting. There's some goodies in above links.

- Purple Chive

Some in English:

Stuff they found in Unit 3 SFP:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Water leakage...all those hoses are impressive!
www.tepco.co.jp...

And more Unit 3 SFP:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

new topics

top topics

<< 1342  1343  1344    1346  1347  1348 >>

join