Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1341
<< 1338  1339  1340    1342  1343  1344 >>

join

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Another shaker. 6.2 EQ 5 miles {9 KM's} deep NE of Onagawa.
neic.usgs.gov...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
only one airplane link
where you have a playback-function to get the most of the flewn planes.

the other ones are satellite-pictures from your "nice weather"..

back on topic,
whats about that little blinky here?

zoomed

i was wondered about why are so many views on that hour:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

I'm honoured you quoted those words but I thank you for your amazing work, especially condensing, bringing attention to Fukushima, in its various twists and turns, in a way that anyone can understand and to a wider audience.

Had a second look at the videos, proper downloaded them.
Regarding the statement I made to you AC, my apologies for the language but it was surprising to say the least!

Here is another angle similar to what AC posted, pretty sure this is a tepco shot from earlier inspections of SFP3 April 12 2012, labelled 'cask yard'. Wouldn't be much reason to inspect these twice if they were empty, right?

Yet to see a fuel assembly sitting between those gaps. The metal exterior parts are clearly fuel rod guide channels. So the rod assembly has to be very narrow as to be shaded to not be shown. Problem is the camera in the latest inspection definitely has a light on it (evidenced by colour temperature shift), it doesn't seem to do much to the shaded areas at all, especially not showing anything near as wide as the handle and top plug. That said, light reflecting off the top surface won't help exposure levels for camera, so it will struggle to pick up shaded areas behind it. Kind of like taking a photo of someone standing in a daytime backlit window, without flash. Still I would expect to see something indicated there in at least one gap with the handle above it. A metal side of a fuel bundle should reflect light too.

Not that it is proof but adds to evidence to consider; the shadow part of the fuel rack (where fuel should be) and the rear of the photo (where it gets too dark and low of a visibility to distinguish objects) have practically the same colour and brightness level. Fuel emits cherenkov radiation for quite some time as well, so should be visible if loaded on the edge too in recent times. Like this but less apparent:

Other than light that appeared to be beaming upwards from the SFP, around the time they were transparency testing with a top down light, I have not seen illumination sources from within the fuel rack at any point at Fukushima.

I hope like hell ACs catch and my impressions of it are wrong. R3 did have less fuel loaded into the pool, still quite a decent amount, but why does it look like nothing is below the handles at all? Handles which signify a populated fuel channel.

Not to mention this;

Closer here in B/W to attempt to boost shading resolution

Part of an internal fuel channel guide appears to be on a 25-30 degree angle, this is an indication that fuel may have shifted, melted or physically been damaged in the pool. Visualise that metal part being over 4m long, then wonder how many fuel channels may be disturbed in that one row alone. But what on earth deformed it that way from the underside? Perhaps this is evidence Arnie Gunderson may like to consider in regards to his prompt SFP criticality, which to me is still entirely plausible, in conjunction with an R3 prompt corium criticality, providing the neutrons to trigger such an event.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
brand-new it would looking like that:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nuckelchen

Wow thanks for that! Never seen this particular footage or part of this documentary, I'll have to see it in entirety.

Looks like a fresh rod because they are stacked right next to each other in a separate can (shipping?). If that can was for activity levels they would be too hot to stack that way. They have to stagger the burnt up fuel usually. At 0:30 that 'Cherenkov blue' glow is practically unmistakeable.

Your video shows clearly that if a similar design is used in Fukushima, which it appears to be, then we should be able to see fuel rod assemblies between the gaps, as they are a very similar size to the guide rails and handles.
edit on 2/10/12 by GhostR1der because: burnt/fresh fuel typo

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Unit 1 Temp Shooting Up Again

www.tepco.co.jp...

Another investigation going on?

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

White Smoke Coming Out from the Cesium Absorption Tower

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Unit 1 Sub-Drain....WOW!!

Highest in months!!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Unit 5-6 Discharge Channel

Highest in months...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Since we have been discussing the fuel pool of R3, there are various thermal images on these pages which may give us extra clues.
Pages

The pool images on 848 (justmike) R3 fuel pool

There are also R4 pool shots on pages 1124 & 1123
845 (unknown fuel pool)
813 R4

Page 848 is interesting - check it out. (easy to change the page number at the end of the thread URL and then hit the page down key on your keyboard)

The zip files on this page may have more images.
1 - Tepco possibly R4
2 - Tepco possibly R4
3 - Tepco possibly R3
edit on 2 Oct 2012 by qmantoo because: add links

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
yau,
the earlier pool videos from tepco werel in such a crappy quality so i made the most of them new.

and here comes a masterpiece,
three different video mastering & editing softwares were used.
only the processing-time of all the renderings in it had taken 36 hours (!).
and like life is ...at the third combination of the different softwares and effects i was happy with the result.
(3 x 36 hours rendering + all the editing cryptomatic hours between)
maybe i named it a masterpiece for all that work that i pushed in the following video:

the other edited pool videos you will find here

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nuckelchen

Nuck - Vielen Dank!! Unglaubliche Arbeit!! Sehr dankbar!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

La Playa

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
"cool, then let us go diving!"

edit on 2-10-2012 by nuckelchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It has been revealed that the United States government was strongly urging [the Japanese government] to reconsider its policy of “zero nukes in 2030s”

enenews.com...

More details.
And the location?
"On September 8, Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda met with the US Secretary of State Clinton during the APEC meeting in Vladivostok in Russia."
ex-skf.blogspot.ca...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
In case some of us overlooked the serious problem at R1 posted by Purplechive above, the temperature has jumped 10 degrees in 24 hours.

Enenews article here - Temperature jumps almost 10ºC in 24 hours at Fukushima Reactor No. 1 gauge

It seems we have all forgotten (been lulled into this) to keep our eye on all of the reactors and just because they are covered does not mean that they are now 'safe'. It means that there is still the core beneath the ground which is boring its way towards the centre of the Earth. Whenever there is an earthquake like the ones yesterday, we are in danger of the cores waking up again and sending out more deadly radiation. We need a klaxon to tell us when an old and dangerous 'friend' is waking up for another round of poisoning.

Possible problems at DAINI reactor too
Tepco checking for damage inside reactor at Fukushima DAINI

[Tepco] showed to the media on Tuesday its work to remove fuel from a nuclear reactor at the Fukushima Daini plant
The plant operator known as TEPCO plans to remove 764 fuel assemblies inside the No. 4 reactor to the spent fuel pool located next to the reactor. It will also check whether there is damage inside the reactor by using an underwater camera.

Now, why would they do all that if there is no problem there? We know that they dont 'investigate' where there is nothing worth investigating. I have a feeling that we dont know half of the real problems with the nuclear reactors in Japan, and our focus is being kept on Fukushima Daiichi when we should be finding out what else is going on there.

Lets all continue to keep our ear to the ground for other reactors in trouble in Japan.
edit on 2 Oct 2012 by qmantoo because: daini article

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Looks like they burned out a pump. Ok, where are we on site?
White smoke coming out from Fukushima Daiichi radioactive waste storage facility.
enenews.com...

PDF is here showing the location.
www.tepco.co.jp...
The pic... SW corner of the site looking East. So I'm guessing these pre-cast cement tanks are the outdoor cesium absorption tower temporary storage facility? Pretty fancy name for a septic tank. lol

First let me say I hope it was raining when this pic was taken, and that these isn't all leaking?
Ok we are looking east from the SW corner. Note: orange crane leg. Note: big dark blue tank in the distance.

Oct 21st 011 looking west at the same spot, opposite direction. Same dark blue tank in front of the crane leg.

Also the same spot {with wet ground on a sunny day}, where they loaded the drums of blown out fuel rod chunks on the old truck with the lead shielding and the cement box on the truck bed.
Maybe they truck out the drums of liquid from here too?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Good detective work.

Maybe they truck out the drums of liquid from here too?
Probably, but it is not the kind of liquid you want spilled over the ground everywhere because it just gets picked up and moved about the site. I suppose when you have so much radiation, then a little more is not going to make any difference.

A view from a higher angle

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Unit 1...."Organisms Growing in Pipes"

Temps down a little...
www.tepco.co.jp...

must have used some Anti-organism Draino....

Gundersen: They think “biological fouling” is causing temperature increase at Unit No. 1, organisms growing in pipes — Reactor can start boiling again if problem not resolved

enenews.com... ed-video

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Unit 2: Nitrogen Gas Injection Into PCV Suspended - Put In New Thermometer

photo.tepco.co.jp...

※7:Nitrogen gas injection is under suspension (from 22:33, October 1)

And they haven't been injecting nitrogen into Unit 3 PCV for months now.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Putting in new thermometer:

www.tepco.co.jp...

- As for the installation of Unit 2 RPV alternative thermometer, the RPV pressure was found to be higher than that measured during the mockup testing. At 10:33 PM on October 1, the flow rate of the nitrogen injected into Unit 2 PCV was changed from 5m3/h to 0m3/h (the amount of nitrogen injection into the RPV remains the same). As the amount of nitrogen injection into the RPV has been maintained at 15m3/h (the necessary minimum flow rate: 9m3/h), there should be no impact on safety. Due to the change in nitrogen injection amount, the monitoring of the hydrogen concentration in the PCV, PCV pressure, PCV ambient temperature and reactor pressure has been enhanced. As the RPV pressure has decreased (6kPa as of 5:00 AM on October 2), insertion of the coil guide (functions as a guide for thermometer installation) started at 9:39 AM on October 2. The insertion was completed at 11:57 AM on the same day.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 3-10-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)
edit on 3-10-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1338  1339  1340    1342  1343  1344 >>

join