It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1310.htm
<< 1307  1308  1309    1311  1312  1313 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Great find AC!!! What the heck are the green and silver squiggly things that appear around 3 minutes into the Unit 1 torus footage?

All news agencies reporting fuel assembly removal from Unit 4. Not a single peep of confirmation from TEPCO....

- Purple Chive

edit on 18-7-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive
reply to post by Aircooled

Great find AC!!! What the heck are the green and silver squiggly things that appear around 3 minutes into the Unit 1 torus footage?

All news agencies reporting fuel assembly removal from Unit 4. Not a single peep of confirmation from TEPCO....

- Purple Chive

edit on 18-7-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

Answer to that is at around 10 minutes when they look back at the control cables. There is a fishing line with the green thing attached, moves same way as underwater line and tackle too. The green spinning goggles thing around 2 minutes could be a sampler perhaps?

One thing to note is an awful amount of current for a torus and a reactor on what.. 10,000L per day? That's a medium sized water tank for a medium sized house.. [edit 127,000L/day thanks PC!, I'm recovering from the flu so... not on form
]

Another thing to note is the condition of the concrete. When you see white powdery and lime stone looking build-ups on concrete, it is in poor condition. The concrete itself is chemically degrading so it begins to leak. Many of the larger white patches with cracks could be leaking contaminated water to ground. 11:40 good example of this damage. 16:30 Extensive damage to the Torus can be seen. More than just an earthquake!

Love the thread everyone and JustMike, glad to have you onboard. Thanks to your data and some other new stuff I've been a busy beaver on R3, more and more pieces just slot together you see
Should be able to post results of that tomorrow.

edit on 18/7/12 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der

One thing to note is an awful amount of current for a torus and a reactor on what.. 10,000L per day? That's a medium sized water tank for a medium sized house..

GR,

Pretty cool bait. Can hardly wait for the three eyed fishies and what flavor?

Unit 1 pumping

FDW line 3.4㎥/h CS line 1.9㎥/h (as of 11:00 , 7/18 )

Equivalent to 5.3 cubic meters per hour = 5,300 liters per hour = 24 hours = 127,000 liters per day....

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Something just made a bit more sense, although none of it really does, but they aren't removing any spent fuel from #4 so they can forgo the shielding. They are removing one or two unused rods that were being housed in the pool and checking them for explosion and seawater damage.

K. That makes a heck of a lot more sense (using this in a purely sliding scale).

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Originally posted by GhostR1der

One thing to note is an awful amount of current for a torus and a reactor on what.. 10,000L per day? That's a medium sized water tank for a medium sized house..

GR,

Pretty cool bait. Can hardly wait for the three eyed fishies and what flavor?

Unit 1 pumping

FDW line 3.4㎥/h CS line 1.9㎥/h (as of 11:00 , 7/18 )

Equivalent to 5.3 cubic meters per hour = 5,300 liters per hour = 24 hours = 127,000 liters per day....

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Ahaha! Uranium glass lure eh ;P

Forgot they are hourly measurements so missed a zero and a bit eh hah. Still, not much to cool down a meltdown - garden pond worth of water per hour? Wasn't huge amounts more in the early days either, when decay heat would have been much higher, meltdown or not.

You're right WW! They're allegedly testing with the un-used ones. Wonder though, if with a partial melt and and all the contaminated water, they may be more active than they anticipate. Glad to see you back around more often WW

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It looks like the unused assembly might have been lifted out of the north end [close to the crane]

Also found this. Looks like framework for #3 tent is coming along.

enenews.com... -272839

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is really wild. Come take a drive with these guys. I'd be freakin out too at 5000 micro-sieverts per hour.
enenews.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Tepco requests media not film Unit 4 operation — Checking if fuel was affected by UNIT 3 explosion — 2nd assembly to be removed Thursday (PHOTO)

enenews.com... y-photos

Checking if fuel was affected by UNIT 3 explosion.

This here ladies and gents. This admission between the lines, speaks volumes, more than a thousand pictures.

We know unit 3 caused no damage to unit 4. How? Look for yourself.

Untouched. Switching yard took a whack though.

Why would they be concerned about reactor 3 explosion damaging fuel if the building is untouched?

Because neutron storms from a criticality in R3 can pass straight through into unit 4, without showing damage.

They shoot neutron beams from JPARC accelerator through the entire world. Too bad if you are on the exit point at the other side. R3 explosion was practically the same thing, much more local and much more powerful, a complex-wide chain reaction is potentially at risk. This admission brings a third piece of supporting evidence for my R3 theory which follows. You lovely ATS crew get it a day early, so say thanks to tepco

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

Note to readers: I am not a professional seismologist and my analysis is not an “expert” opinion. However, I do feel that a professional would reach similar conclusions in a very basic case.]

Mike

In times when commercial interest play god over honour, an expert such as yourself is the only sources we have but our own time. If we each had to learn the intricacies of each part of each aspect of Fukushima and independently research it, we would get nowhere. Your input to this thread has been invaluable, so thanks from the cesium infested depths of our hearts.

I am extremely interested in your R1-R4 shockwave analysis. With a keen interest in R3 in relation to R1, as they should be similar. You see there's a copy of the original R3 video (oztvwatcher) with sound, that we couldn't figure out. We thought it was fake as it made no sense. The sound position may be shifted for newsworthy reasons but it could very likely be the actual sound. Why would they go to such lengths to pull this particular video if it were fake?

Clearly audible are three explosions, medium sized, one large central explosion, followed by a much smaller explosion and sound of falling steel.

Originally posted by JustMike

Let's start with Unit 1.

The characteristics of the traces further indicate the second blast was more “progressive” in nature than the first, suggesting one main blast comprised of two or three that occurred in rapid succession so they seemed to meld into one.

Yet R3 blast data as you have analysed, doesn't add up at all. However the scenario should be very similar to R1.
But it sounds on video exactly how you describe R1, just a bit slower and much bigger; with MOX fuel and larger reactor design, this could be why.

Reactor 3 - the original oztvwatcher video returns

This is the original R3 video with original sound, posted it on youtube because no one else wants to and I have only just rediscovered it.

With your analysis, Mike, plus some ideas from here everist.org... Z's Pu posts on this thread and new admissions from tepco re:R4 SFP and R3 explosion 'damage', I propose a new theory on R3 explosion, bit similar to TRNs'.
original R3 video sourced from this link

Meltdown released huge amounts of hydrogen into the building, as radiation stripped water apart. This is a source for the yellow flame visible at start of explosion, ignited by corium as it begins to breach the RPV.
This causes a very brief stop to corium release from RPV, due to pressure differential. Also further damage and enlargement of meltdown breach point, the initially small hydrogen explosion then proceeds to tear the CV up, finding a way out - vents, valves and other ways. As this pressure relatively slowly releases, RPV corium, which was just excited by the shock wave, overcomes the decreasing pressure from the hydrogen explosion, falls, touching the water from leaking coolant, causing steam flash over, bringing atmospheric conditions to be just right for a MOX boosted neutron-fest, a prompt corium criticality explosion. So - water moderates neutrons (slows), no water has insufficient moderation for criticality, somewhere between these two points lies criticality.. simple eh!

'Reactor grade plutonium's explosive properties
www.nci.org...

In all nuke tests, even fizzers, reactor grade uranium, weapons and reactor grade plutonium, all had similar minimum yield, plenty to wipe out a mark 1 containment. Extremely important to understand - all fuel can potentially explode.

The third and weaker explosion is a secondary criticality occurring in the SFP. Insufficient water to soak neutrons up under the RPV plus far less shielding below RPV, equals one hell of a neutron storm and shockwave - plenty of bad news for a hot, overstacked and quake sloshed fuel pool. This was Arnies' theory - that the pool underwent prompt criticality and only the pool. I believe he was partially correct, just he omitted the cause to protect MOX - future of the industry, as nothing else is as remotely commercially viable now, uranium mining is commercially bunk.

These explosions clearly damaged below the service floor of R3, with some damage to the roof structure above the SFP as well, with most upwards force appearing to come from elevator and west end, as the roof has bent away from this point.

But why the damage below surface of R3 service floor, mostly to the west?

Because all that explosive hydrogen, steam and criticality goodness had to escape somewhere. Through points of least resistance. When all this pressure was faced with escaping through a corium filled melt hole in the bottom of an RPV via a leaky head, or a poxy drywell vent or through two meter thick concrete and rebar, it chose some easier ways out.

But where?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the reports of a mythical, classified photo of the mangled R3 containment airlock door? Apparently broken by unimaginable forces as these things are built damn tough. From memory we've seen #2 and #4 airlocks in photos.

From tepco with thanks to whoever leaked the blueprints for R1 Mk1 containment.

Well, according to blueprints of the mark 1 containment, it happens to be that this airlock is located on the middle of the west side of the reactor building, around ground level, with pipework and control feeds to the upper section as well, also in the middle of the western side. The only other holes in the secondary containment on plan are to torus and steam feeds to turbines. Western side of the containment is clearly the weakest by design and thus the most likely part to fail.

The largest damage is also from below the service floor, west side of the building, slightly towards north west end - concrete has sprayed out like a water hose. Why? The elevator shaft corner plus the truck bay, is the area of least resistance between the floors but obviously wasn't enough. In the photo below you can see how the damage to the west walls below the service floor, is worst in the north west corner. This gives support to this theory - if the main explosive out-gassing point was directly in the middle, mostly from the airlock and piping/cabling connections above it, the elevator/truck bays provided a path of lowest resistance, then the explosion would have had to blow the opposite corner out to maintain equilibrium through the north west corner and rest of the building, which is visible in photos.

Another observation to further support this theory is that the detonation pulse caused the cross-connects in the western top floor concrete columns, which are visibly peeled over to the west side, to all lift upwards, from the elevator corner, whilst remaining attached on the northern ends, the whole way along! Initial path of least resistance strikes again.

Explosion 'load sharing' effects are quite clear in this picture, especially if the source is directly between the north and south end of the western side. North west corner of the building blew out in response to the elevator/truckbay relieving pressure. South west corner has a barely remaining panel for this reason.

Disaster by tepco. And Japan air photography service.

Explosions can cause methodical damage in the most unusual of circumstances, this methodical damage is often where the most information can be gathered from as it shows a pattern - I have a feeling SFA, our explosion analyst expert, could attest to that and hopefully comment on these amateur observations.

someone please teach me the over 5k character post trick! I can't even re-quote individual posts half the time

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Man, 1310 pages, see I leave taking a job over seas, and you people just keep right on posting!!

I see that the SFP theory is making it's way back into the thoughts and prayers of others.

I must say that it's going to take me a couple of hours to even partially catch up..
Good job irradiated people!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Great step by step post GR.
More film of the big assembly removal.
I hope we don't find out later that they just slid a new assembly in in the tank a few hours before, in the future.

From the west side above.

The film.
www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Great step by step post GR.
More film of the big assembly removal.
I hope we don't find out later that they just slid a new assembly in in the tank a few hours before, in the future.

From the west side above.

Thanks AC, digging these pics too! You do make a damn good point, perhaps they just pulled a spare I beam out of the rubble to make it look like a fuel assembly

That big ol' yellow CV cap is awfully heavy and easily removed, guess they have it there in case of a gate failure in the SFP? Then they can block off the reactor well to prevent a SFP drain out. Dunno if they'd have enough time though.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
This is really wild. Come take a drive with these guys. I'd be freakin out too at 5000 micro-sieverts per hour.
enenews.com...

Ya, this is wild, apparently they experienced some phenomena in the car when it hit that level and the camera went black and the screaming started. They couldn't describe what had happened. I think these guys may have experienced a glancing blow from a neutron beam first hand, but this is pure speculation on my part.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Thanks GR, glad to be back also
as long as you folks don't mind me hanging around a bit more. As for the cap, I think it's too heavy for the cranes they have.

As for the R3 explosion I think SL and SFA and some others did a very thorough analysis of the sound from the original video... can't remember the pages now, but it was a while back.

FYI the over 5K post trick is that your original post has the limit, when you go in an edit it's infinite.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Wertwog because: mommy!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

TEPCO Release Pics of Fuel Removal

Is that really the fuel???

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 19-7-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
More fly-by film of the 5th floor of #4. Arrow on the far left shows they have covered our freight shaft with a steel plate and walkway to the west wall. Next arrow shows the concrete has been removed from the base of the small cap and cap remover. The next arrow right shows the opening in the north end [center] of the pool, where the assembly was removed. Do we have a chart showing the new assemblies in the north end of the pool?
If I'm not mistaken the metal stairway at the bottom of the pool should be close to here as well?
Arrow far right shows what I think is the large cap remover for the yellow cap. I'm amazed I never noticed it in the film but they really didn't show the north end in their films, much.

The film.
www.youtube.com...

From the tepco pics that Purple just brought us: The assembly being lifted out I hope the pink shower curtain on the back of the swingstage isn't for shielding?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
More film and more questions? Here we see the "assembly" The orange box, "cask?" that it's being lowered into and it looks like they slieved the assembly [For shielding?] Does this seem legit?

The first 2 minutes are fuk fly-by.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Prospective Fuku Worker Gets Beat Up?

Interesting...

-At around 12:05 PM on July 20, a worker from cooperative company found out another worker from cooperative company who was bleeding from the head and lying at the cooperative company welfare facility inside the nuclear power plants (uncontrolled area). We called an ambulance at around 12:15 PM, and called an air ambulance at around 12:27 PM. The air ambulance arrived at the plant at around 12:54 PM, and transported to Matsumura General Hospital in Iwaki City at around 2:00 PM. The injured worker is being in a physical examination. The worker is awake, and no radioactive material is found. For a reference, the worker came to register in order to work in the plant, and did not work there.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Marine Soil Covered Locations

And now I know where unit 1-4 silt fence is....

www.tepco.co.jp...

And in regard to Unit 4 fuel removal....a lot of hubba bubba baloo....looks like the TEPCO workers are practically hugging the crap.

- Purple Chive

top topics

<< 1307  1308  1309    1311  1312  1313 >>

join