It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1309.htm
<< 1306  1307  1308    1310  1311  1312 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sorry double post
edit on 15-7-2012 by svetlana84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Anyone Able to Translate?

Looks like a lot of rad readings...but not able to translate coherently...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Audio Tapes Missing...Hard Drive Was Full

Gotta love it!!

www.abc.net.au...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Purple, I would take a look at the file and see what I can make of it, but I can't ever open Tepco pdfs in my browser.

If someone could help me get the file, I could potentially help everyone read it.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You just know they will have to ban Beach Boys music from the earth so future generations don't hear it and realize what's been destroyed.
After 562 days, or a couple of months away.

iopscience.iop.org...

Purple... Your amazing.

Hey somebody said google translate works ok on that PDF after I shared it so give it a whirl.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
From a couple of days ago. Ok, this bugs the hell out of me and makes no sense. According to this they will lift out 2 of the 1535 fuel assemblies [INTO THE AIR]... in secret ... and plop them in a wet cask on the fifth floor. So what's going to prevent them from going critical in mid-air?

enenews.com... t-revealed-for-security-reasons

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
From a couple of days ago. Ok, this bugs the hell out of me and makes no sense. According to this they will lift out 2 of the 1535 fuel assemblies [INTO THE AIR]... in secret ... and plop them in a wet cask on the fifth floor. So what's going to prevent them from going critical in mid-air?

enenews.com... t-revealed-for-security-reasons

I think it would be insane to try to transfer unshielded rods, perhaps they are hoping for speed but it could be a disaster if the zircaloy catches fire or the rods break. I hope they aren't planning to use a nuke diver to hook up the crane to the rods...especially with all the debris in the pool.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84
Today i had one of those days i had a massive headache, probably weather related. It sucks, but most often on such days my thinking out of the box works much better. So i had an idea today.

Please forgive me for my limited language when it comes to technical things, and don t flame me when my idea seems ridicoulus/ not feasable.

A solution for the contamination and cooling problem:

You probably all know the solar water heater on house roofs: a black tube filled with water or another liquid builds a closed circuit, that warms up with solar heat. This circuit is connected via a heat exchanger with a second tube system filled with water. This watercircuit, heated up by the heat exchanger, can be used to heat your house, or you can use the warm water for showers, doing dishes or else.

That s the basic idea. I can imagine it would be possible to create a filled and closed tube circuit in the reactors.
The tubes should be of a material that does not let radiation through. (led?)
The circuit would transport the heat from the reactors to the heat exchanger in the sea, so the sea would cool down the closed reactor circuit and hence the reactors.

It would be better than just letting the cooling water including radioactivity flow into the sea.

Would that be a good idea? Would it be possible? How would you do it better?

That is a good idea Sveta, actually that is how it is supposed to work when things are functioning normally. The steam from the primary containment should be in a "closed loop" isolated from the environment. Unfortunately I don't think any significant degree of containment is much of an option in this situation.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Most of us already know this info, but covers a wide spectrum of info:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Refrigeration of Cooling Water

Some more stuff added to the cooling system....and also something else that could get screwed up...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Should help with all the rising temps...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 17-7-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by manicminxx

Man - download another browser? Try Chrome or Firefox.

www.google.com...

www.mozilla.org...

And check to see if you have the latest updates to Adobe Reader.

get.adobe.com...

Thanks for your help Man!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Sanford Fuku Death Calculation

Radiation from Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster may eventually cause anywhere from 15 to 1,300 deaths and from 24 to 2,500 cases of cancer, mostly in Japan, Stanford researchers have calculated.

"There's a lot more to the issue than what we examined, which were the cancer-related health effects," he said. "Fukushima was just such a large disaster in terms of soil and water contamination, displacement of lives, confidence in government oversight, cost and anguish."

www.newsroomamerica.com...

How about the food chain??

I live way in the country...surrounded by woods...20 yrs. I have no insects this summer.

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It does look like like they may have removed one fuel assembly from #4 here. I guess that was the pool lid being removed the other day. Lots of workers moving around.

And some new film of #3.

And some mysterious crabs washing up in Hawaii.
www.khon2.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

All I can say is brilliant idea! I happen to know that there are a whole lot of heat exchangers out there almost available for free or damn close to it considering how much money these idiots throw around, but you see this is the problem with your idea......its' a good one so these fools will never consider it. I mean all of us are wasting our time coming up with solutions as long as the mafia bastards are running the show. They do what their father the devil tells them to do, period and you should know the devil has no intentions of fixing this anytime soon, if at all.

Sorry for the negative attitude, but hell we have 1309 pages of proof these people are beyond stupid, they are corrupt and evil liars. I don't advocate prison for anyone ever, it's just not a place for human beings period, if you disagree, it only means you know nothing about the place, but they should be sentenced, and I think anyone of these guys who is caught lying to us should be sent in place of the workers. We know the ones doing the dangerous work are not the ones lying to the public, so anyone remember Trading places with Eddy Murphy? They should be given a choice of some kind of brutal torture for ever or go in their and fix this damn mess they made, and I'll bet before they croaked, each and every one of them would be anti-nuke!

Peace and Love
Sizz

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by manicminxx
Purple, I would take a look at the file and see what I can make of it, but I can't ever open Tepco pdfs in my browser.

If someone could help me get the file, I could potentially help everyone read it.

Hey shoot me your email address and I'll send you an adobe that will open whatever. Don't bother trying to open them in your browser anyways, you should be downloading these files you want to open and then opening them in adobe seperately. Reason I say download them is just for backup purposes ya know, so you'll have a copy, I'll have a copy, everyone has a copy, that way if they dissapear off the net we'll still have them, not to mention screw the browser companies, everything you look at is reported back to someone somewhere and what buisness do they have knowing what you are looking at? Just saying, anyways if your email can accept attachments of 9 meg I can attach it .

Peace
Sizz

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

are we looking at 465 odd days into this timeline at present, or am i misunderstanding it?

btw i regularly get 45-65 CPM readings outside my home from the air alone these days. that's up on average 20-30 CPM since i have started measuring several months ago.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Some new film of #1 torus shot on June 26th.

[Reactor4] New assembly taken out on 7/18, IAEA might visit Fukushima plant
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Sanford Fuku Death Calculation

Radiation from Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster may eventually cause anywhere from 15 to 1,300 deaths and from 24 to 2,500 cases of cancer, mostly in Japan, Stanford researchers have calculated.

"There's a lot more to the issue than what we examined, which were the cancer-related health effects," he said. "Fukushima was just such a large disaster in terms of soil and water contamination, displacement of lives, confidence in government oversight, cost and anguish."

I'll be waiting for this study since their numbers seem way out of wack (as in ridiculously underestimated) from what were were getting elsewhere. 15 - 1,300 deaths? While other experts are estimating 1,000,000 plus, these guys seem to be living in an alternate universe. Need to see their risk model (ICRP probably) but can already tell they either got bad data in (ie: underestimating size of releases by a vast amount) or they're shills for the industry and given their titles alone I would take a stab at the latter. Academics who knowingly falsify or present misleading data that can harm the public should be charged criminally, and any deaths that ensure (or harms) based on their data or reports should hold them in liability. Just as doctors have malpractice, so should these bozos. The media who are nothing but parrots who ask no questions lap up these lies like my dog slurps up gravy, and I think for every lie that can be proven coming from a major news source, the CRTC (or whatever the equivalent media watchdog is in the states) should fine these news outlets.

ECRR model esitmates
edit on 17-7-2012 by Wertwog because: mommy!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

study cited by Purplechive's news.

The formal URL is

pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2012/ee/c2ee22019a or
dx.doi.org/10.1039/C2EE22019A

Stanford hosts the 1.6 MB pdf free, with a video of the model forecast track.

www.stanford.edu/group/efmh/jacobson/fukushima.html

www.stanford.edu/group/efmh/jacobson/TenHoeveEES12.pdf

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by amcpwoy

Thanks amcpwoy and PC, looking this over now. I'm happy to see they are using LNT, however I'm baffled why the outcomes are so bloody low given what others are saying. If this study is accurate, we truly have very little to worry about and that doesn't square up with other research and the anecdotal evidence, such as 35% of children in Fukushima with thyroid nodules (hard cancers) in the first year which would point to an extraordinarily high dose. Hmm.

Interesting take on things:

Mortalities from Fukushima may be less than Chernobyl by much more than an order of magnitude due to a lower total emission of radioactivity, lower radioactivity deposition rates over land, and more precautionary measures taken immediately following the Fukushima accident.

They pulled data from ZAMG and a bunch of Governmental sources from March 12 - April 1st (they didn't model in ongoing exposure), basically the same data everybody else was using, ie: JapGov, NISA, EPA, CTBTO network etc. and I think the fatal flaw was it's heavy reliance on the Gov and EPA data which we know is suspect. I'm not enough of a scholar to know if how they treated the particle distribution etc in the atmosphere is consistent, but as far as data in, it seems to match up with most of what the gov sources are saying.

Inhalation exposure, ground-level external exposure, and atmospheric external exposure health effects were calculated for all radionuclides using modeled air and ground concentrations over the month-long simulation. Between the end of the simulation and the assumed cold shutdown 8.5 months later, health effects for all radionuclides were calculated using estimated airborne concentrations and deposition rates. Between cold shutdown and the following 50 years, only ground-level exposure was calculated for Cs-137, Ba-137m, and Cs-134. Ground-level exposure from I-131 was assumed to be negligible after the 8.5 months following the simulation due to its short half-life. Mortality risk is defined as an estimate of the risk to an average member of the population of dying from cancer over their lifetime. Morbidity risk is the risk of experiencing radiogenic cancer during a person’s lifetime, whether or not the cancer is fatal.

Of course this study will be another feather in the cap for the nuke industry who can tell us all to move along and let them continue with their business.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Wertwog because: mommy!

top topics

<< 1306  1307  1308    1310  1311  1312 >>

join