It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 130.htm
<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
These workers are on suicide a mission they deserve some respect this is heart wrenching

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Good morning everyone. This is the latest from my contacts in Japan, probably one of the last since they are leaving very soon.

#2 and #3 reactor containment vessels are confirmed breached. Radiation is leaking uncontrolled from them. Radiation levels at the plant went to over 11,000 microsievert per hour at one point today. To understand how high that is about 600 microsieverts would be what you would be exposed to if you got an x-ray. Working at the plant is basically suicide now. Expect the evacuations to be extended from the 20km to 30km. Those being told to stay indoors will be moved out.

As for the idea of dropping water on the reactors from a helocopter. This is a last ditch effort that has been abandoned because the radiation is too high for the crew. Thoughts are that it would not do anything and could even make the situation worse.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Second reactor at nuclear plant may have ruptured, officials say Globe and Mail

Japan’s nuclear crisis intensified dramatically Wednesday after authorities announced that a second reactor unit at the stricken Fukushima Daiichi plant in northeastern Japan may have ruptured and appeared to be releasing radioactive steam.

The break, at the No. 3 reactor unit, worsened the already perilous conditions at the plant, a day after officials said the containment vessel in the No. 2 reactor had also cracked.

The latestreactor container breach involves reactor #3, which is said to use MOX fuel rods. Mixed oxide (MOX) is composed of plutonium and uranium.

edit on 16-3-2011 by Regenmacher because: typo

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I have no idea what any of that piping is for certain.

I do know that the collapsed structure that we see is used to support electrical conduits and raceways that provide for controls and sensors for plant operations.

They can only stall for time now, it will get uglier.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
cnn says there is radiation in the tapwater now

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

#3 being breached would explain the spike in radiation levels and possibly the white plume we've seen streaming from either 3 or 4. Makes sense.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
...600 microsieverts would be what you would be exposed to if you got an x-ray.

Chest x-ray is about 20 mSv, and 600mSv is 30 chest x-rays.

Radiation Exposure and Contamination Merck
edit on 16-3-2011 by Regenmacher because: typo

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
ABC News website says "Fukushima 50" actually a group of 180 workers, rotating shifts and the army is comming to help

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
the ieae need to step in asap imo

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

I think ABC's reports are quite delayed.......as most reports coming to us from the MSM

I am going to have to lean toward what Erasurehead said in his post.........He has been right on target........

edit on 16-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
personally i think its over and they are delaying the inevitable i think the whole of japan will be a wasteland for 2000 years i hate to say that but that how i feel and it makes me sick to my stomach to think about

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
personally i think its over and they are delaying the inevitable i think the whole of japan will be a wasteland for 2000 years i hate to say that but that how i feel and it makes me sick to my stomach to think about

I am feeling the same.

Imagine if a solar flare did cause large parts of the world experiences power fall outs, and that the backup generators were also damaged by the sun's flare. What would happen to those nuke stations?
We need to get rid of it, all together. Nature is boss

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Personally i think you are exaggerating. Japan wasteland for 2000 years ? No

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

i pray ur right but i think its alot worse than we are hearing and more and more terrible news comes out by the minute

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Personally i think you are exaggerating. Japan wasteland for 2000 years ? No

Hmm. Reactor number 3. Leaking. MOX fuel. Plutonium. One type of plutonium used in MOX has a halflife of 376,000 years so at least parts will be indefinately closed. 2000 years whole of Japan uninhabited - I dont know. 6 reactors melting down could make this possible if the right types and amounts of material are released.

Source:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Draken

Anyone who think the japs are idiots, sorry to say, but you sir are retarded.
I didn't say the Japanese ( some of them take offense to you calling them 'japs' ) are idiots. What I said was...If they don't accept Russian assistance in this matter, they are fools.
In case you hadn't heard, someone can be intelligent and still do foolish things.

As far as me being retarded....

Coming from you, I will value that as a compliment. Thank you very much.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AstraCat

thanks for the link astracat! ..

that smoke coming out of it just cant be good! ... well, i guess...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Did Something happen the market just dropped 70 points in 20 seconds

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Thanks again for contributing your updates here. I know many of us appreciate the information without the media spin.

Personally, my post a few pages back applies, and I for one am no longer following the story via MSM as there is simply too many conflicting reports. I blame this on the lack of understanding by the media, the translation barrier, and finally because any "OFFICIAL" word is actually nothing more than a regurgitation followed by filtration of what TEPCO is saying.

It makes plain sense to me that TEPCO would try to downplay things as much as they think they can get away with, followed by officials that in turn, do the same. By the time information is released, it's washed, and thus, near worthless.

I find it funny that so many people haven't learned this lesson after the DEEEPWATER HORIZON disaster.

top topics

<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join