It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1298.htm
<< 1295  1296  1297    1299  1300  1301 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Can anyone who knows Japanese translate this for me. I believe it's the seismographs for the R4 eruption but Im not sure.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Aircooled

is it definetly " BLACK SMOKE " .???

Its more a dark fog, not black smoke per say, as far as I can tell.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Q, I'm impressed with the crisis website. Brilliant idea. As I was going through it I tried to imagine another site that might have functioned in a similar fashion during the BP spill and I couldnt.

This is over due Q. Good on ya.

I might have some suggestions later but right now I just wanted to say thanks. The only thing that scares me is when the next environmental mega disaster pollution event does strike, especially if it involves the nuke or oil industries, they may find ways to take everything down now that they see how people are using the web to advance an agenda different than the one the corporate/military complex wants spread.

Until that happens though we'll be there pumping up the data for all the world to see, yes?

Everyone should bookmark the site.

One question. Will it have a forum anywhere.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Please download this video anyone who can. March 17th Euronews. At the end of the heli water drop, 20 seconds in, lasting a few seconds, you will see the R3 fumarole, spewing magma. Get your copy before it's gone.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 2-7-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

like diesel exaust ,,when a bus ,leaves a passenger stop.
a puff of darker stuff?

leading i know,, lol

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
2 or three days old now. Have not seen these on the last few pages.

Tepco's self-justifying report

Tokyo Electric Power Co. on June 20 released its final report on the disaster at its Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant. Tepco stated that the main cause of the accidents was the enormous scale of the tsunami that hit the plant, saying that it was beyond its expectations.

The report basically stated that, looking back, Tepco was not careful enough in assuming the scale of the tsunami and that its preparedness was insufficient.

But what is conspicuous in the report is Tepco's attempt to evade its responsibility for the catastrophe and to minimize legal risks in compensating nuclear crisis victims and in dealing with lawsuits over the disaster

A Radioactive Conflict of Interest

Having the Energy Department control radiation health research makes as much sense as giving tobacco companies the authority to see if smoking is bad for you.

Last month, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) heralded an Energy Department funded study indicating that evacuation zones around nuclear power stations might not be needed after a major nuclear accident. The study, which exposed mice to radiation levels comparable to those near the Fukushima nuclear disaster, found no evidence of genetic harm. "There are no data that say that's a dangerous level," says Jacquelyn Yanch, a leader of the study. According to the MIT press release "current U.S. regulations require that residents of any area that reaches radiation levels eight times higher than background should be evacuated. However, the financial and emotional cost of such relocation may not be worthwhile, the researchers say."

It's quite a leap to claim that evacuation zones around nuclear power plants might not be needed based on the chromosomes of 112 irradiated mice. In a devastating critique, blogger, Ian Goddard points out that the MIT study excluded extensive evidence of genetic damage to humans living in a radiation-contaminated environment. Although doses in a peer-reviewed study of 19 groups of children living near Chernobyl were consistently lower than the MIT mouse study, most showed lasting genetic damage from radiation. "MIT's presentation of its study as the first scientific ever examination of the genetic risks of living in a nuclear disaster zone is pure science fiction, not fact," Goddard concludes.

...and an interesting quote found in the comment section of one of the above links

“The mouse data – our mouse data – shows a very bizarre thing... We irradiate mice, we breed them, and then we analyse their children. Strangely enough, mutation rate in these children is substantially higher than that in control animals. So these children are genetically unstable... And it’s not only this data obtained in my group – there’s plenty of similar data obtained in Japan, Canada, United States. We don’t know why, but there’s sort of memory, traveling from parents to their children, and this memory can destabilise the offspring, or the children. So, somehow, the memory of parental irradiation travels to them and makes them unstable.”

edit on 3 Jul 2012 by qmantoo because: quote in the comment section

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworldis there a negative reaction or effect if they pump in too much nitrogen Since there is a distinct possibility of gases escaping through leaks and not just the gas treatment system, could they be overdoing it originally.

Yes, the effect of pumping in more nitrogen than the volume exhausted through the clean up system would be to overpressurize the reactor, leading to uncontrolled release of radioactive substances from leaks.

edit on 3-7-2012 by MadderDoc because: clarifying language

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Tokyo Bay EQ - 5.4 - Not Showing Up on USGS

fukushima-diary.com...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Interesting...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Unit 1: Quince & Packbot Gonna Check Out TIP Room

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Unit 2: Fukushima first nuclear power plant No. 2 machine Confirmed that the waste underground storage building in reservoir water

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

This Just Can't Be Fog...

And looks like Fuku was "socked" even during daylight hours:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Tokyo: Pretty Good Blip in Rad Levels

new.atmc.jp...

A jump in a lot of areas:
new.atmc.jp...=

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Unit 2: Fukushima first nuclear power plant No. 2 machine Confirmed that the waste underground storage building in reservoir water

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

The Accumulated Water Found at Unit 2 Radioactive Waste Underground Storage Facility at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station

English version:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Amount: Width of one pencil lid ≒ 170L/Day

Approx. 60cm above the water surface: more than 20mSv/h (unable to measure)

- Purple Chive
edit on 3-7-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Tokyo Bay EQ - 5.4 - Not Showing Up on USGS

fukushima-diary.com...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Interesting...

- Purple Chive

Reuters rpts...but still nothing from USGS:

www.reuters.com...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Unit 6: More Detailed Pics of Contol Panel "Smoke"

photo.tepco.co.jp...

Daini - Some Interesting Pics Released --- Daini

photo.tepco.co.jp...

(Unit 4 reactor building floor 6) fuel handling equipment - Daini:
photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
Can anyone who knows Japanese translate this for me. I believe it's the seismographs for the R4 eruption but Im not sure.

Oh, that thing you've got your fingers on is just the model input 'design basis' for earthquake ground movement, used to determine the seismic stability of the buildings.

What you may be looking for, output from the plant seismographs in relation to the explosions are included in this English translated document: www.tepco.co.jp...
edit on 3-7-2012 by MadderDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Fukui Prefecture, Home to Ohi Nuclear Plant: Rad Levels Spike Again

new.atmc.jp...=d

Problem with Ohi Turbine:
ex-skf.blogspot.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadderDoc

Originally posted by zworld

Oh, that thing you've got your fingers on is just the model input 'design basis' for earthquake ground movement, used to determine the seismic stability of the buildings.

What you may be looking for, output from the plant seismographs in relation to the explosions are included in this English translated document: www.tepco.co.jp...

MD, excellent. Thats the one I was looking for. I think AC posted it awhile ago and I forgot to download (if you did AC stupid me).

These show the difference between the hydrogen explosion at R1, the whatever explosion at R3 and the whatever whatever at R4. My gut reaction is that R4 was not specifically an explosion but a longer eruption of magma from below. If there is an expert out there that does this stuff (M you out there) I'd love an opinion.

R1 explosion

R3 explosion

R4 eruption

ON EDIT. And note the similarity between the R4 eruption and the seismograph for an EQ at the top of this page.

Im assuming here that the input graph for design basis is modeled as an EQ would shake. If so these are the ones of interest. If not, do we have an EQ doctor in the house.

R1 is a classic explosion, boom and gone. Eruptions and EQ's start slow, build, peak multiple times and then fade. Like R4 does.

R4 eruption

EQ

R1 explosion

edit on 3-7-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Fukui Prefecture, Home to Ohi Nuclear Plant: Rad Levels Spike Again

new.atmc.jp...=d

Problem with Ohi Turbine:
ex-skf.blogspot.com...

- Purple Chive

A post ions ago talked about the problems they have starting up a plant after a period of shutdown. It was about the Monju fast breeder which has been down for years, but I think we are seeing a bit of that at Ooi.

ON EDIT: Thats a more pronounced spike than the previous one, which occurred before the control rods were removed. Im sure Kepco is working feverishly to figure out where it came from.
OK maybe not.
edit on 3-7-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Unit 1: Quince & Packbot Gonna Check Out TIP Room

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Penetrating part of the floor 4700 msv/h

Whew...wonder what's penetrating? Maybe where the steam was coming up in this June 3, 2011 video?

Probably the "pipe penetration" that was reported Oct. 17, 2011:
enformable.com...

- Purple Chive

new topics

top topics

<< 1295  1296  1297    1299  1300  1301 >>

join