It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1275.htm
<< 1272  1273  1274    1276  1277  1278 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Just more evidence to suspicions that Stuxnet caused or had a hand in Fukushima disaster & meltdowns. If it can be used against Iran, then it can also be used against any NPP anywhere.

Cyberattack Stuxnet against Iran, officials say 02Jun12
By Ellen Nakashima and Joby Warrick, The Washington Post

A damaging cyberattack against Iran’s nuclear program was the work of U.S. and Israeli experts and proceeded under the secret orders of President Barack Obama, who was eager to slow that nation’s apparent progress toward building an atomic bomb without launching a traditional military attack, say current and former U.S. officials.

The origins of the cyberweapon, which outside analysts dubbed Stuxnet after it was inadvertently discovered in 2010, have long been debated, with most experts concluding that the United States and Israel probably collaborated on the effort. The current and former U.S. officials confirmed that long-standing suspicion Friday, after a New York Times report on the program.

The officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity to describe the classified effort code-named Olympic Games, said it was first developed during the George W. Bush administration and was geared toward damaging Iran’s nuclear capability gradually while sowing confusion among Iranian scientists about the cause of mishaps at a nuclear plant.

The use of the cyberweapon — malware designed to infiltrate and damage systems run by computers — was supposed to make the Iranians think that their engineers were incapable of running an enrichment facility.

Cannot see this one so cannot get article snippit.
www.policymic.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Unit 2: Just Weird...

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by Purplechive

Unit 2 Temps Wacking Out Again

It cant be mechanical failure as Tepco claims. Can it be? Is there any explanation for the inverse peaks occurring in mirror fashion. Is there a way that this type of pattern could be the meters failing. Any explanation at all....im clueless.

And can't find any info where they like zapped them or something to test the resistance, and would think if they did zap them, they'd do it one at a time.
www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Bizarre....

And Unit 1 climbing back up...Unit 3 going down:
www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

edit on 4-6-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I really doubt that Stuxnet played a Role in this Disaster because
the Computer was not working
(Remember they had no Energy and they even needed to collect Car Batteries)
until + ca. 24 hours.

I remember that a cheap Japanese Gossip Magazine like "Weekly"
had a Story with a Computer Administrator who was flown to Daiichi
with a Military Helicopter on Day Nr. 2 or 3 but Tepco denied that Report!

Tepco wrote that this Computer was used only for the Instruments
and never ever had contact with the Web or other Computer!

This Stuxnet Story was hot for a few Weeks.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
ACTION ALERT. Emails and other communications needed. Stop the NRC from making the single biggest mistake they could ever make at this time.

From Enformable enformable.com...

This is so hard to believe that it really takes a bit of time to digest. The NRC is going to increase the lifespan of a nuclear reactor to 80 years from 40 years.

I told you it was hard to believe.

This appears to be the lesson they have learned from Fukushima. Increase the lifespan of the permit so once in place no one can say a thing for a much longer time.

The people are waking up. That's the lesson learned. Heres a short quote from the article;

The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission will be holding a meeting this week to consider having nuclear power plants run 80 years—although they were never seen as running for more than 40 years because of radioactivity embrittling metal parts and otherwise causing safety problems.

“The idea of keeping these reactors going for 80 years is crazy!” declares Robert Alvarez, former DOE advisor and senate investigator. “To double the design life of these plants—which operate under high-pressure, high heat conditions and are subject to radiation fatigue—is an example of out-of-control hubris, of believing your own lies.”

But do they really believe their own lies. And if so, how could they.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

How do you propose to get them out? (keep in mind they require constant shielding)

Use the same system that they are going to use to remove the two assemblies for inspection.

This is pure assumption, but it should really only take two cranes, one to lift and load the assembly into the other holding the container basket. And this can be done in the SFP which is deep enough. But even if that doesnt work, I dont see this as an insurmountable problem.

If it is, then this should be a primary reason to shut down all nuclear plants. If they have an accident, there is no way to get the spent fuel out.

But Tepco can get the fuel out and are only playing games.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Today is a sad day for me. My heart was there the day of the murdering. May we never forget the Tiananmen Square Massacre.

I wrote a song the next day about those killed and the dissidents that escaped. The chorus went;

Where you go, no body really knows

But where you go, you will always be my heroes.

and in the words of Mario Savio;

There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.

My love to all who took part. The world will never forget!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Does anyone have a clue what these are for. The tag calls them concrete tanks and that seems to fit, except for the door openings at the bottom. They have pipes running out the back I think into the exhaust fan house.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
www.sacbee.com...#storylink=cpy
This is from todays Sacramento Bee. In the 1990s the people of Sacramento forced the closure of the Rancho Seco nuke plant. The quote below is from the head of utility at the time, David Freeman.

The Rancho Seco debacle showed convincingly that nuclear power, despite the early claims that it would be "too cheap to meter," is neither reliable or economical. When San Onofre and Pacific Gas and Electric Co.'s Diablo Canyon, the other remaining nuclear plant in the state, were approved in the 1970s, there were no other alternatives to dirty coal. But now California is leading the way to a renewable energy future. There is no place in that future for the most expensive and dangerous source of energy on Earth.

San Onofre and Diablo Canyon are both disasters waiting to happen: aging, unreliable reactors sitting near earthquake fault zones on the fragile Pacific Coast, with millions or hundreds of thousands of Californians living nearby. Does that sound alarmist? I've been in the utility industry for 40 years, and I have come to realize that you have to be blind not to be an alarmist about nuclear power.

Anyone who says last year's catastrophe at Fukushima was an aberration is literally whistling past the graveyard. The risks are real, and it's time to get rid of these time bombs before they go off.

"whistling past the graveyard". never heard that term before. Sure does apply.

Next time a utility company says they cant make things work without nuclear power have them phone up David and get set straight.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

ACTION ALERT. Emails and other communications needed. Stop the NRC from making the single biggest mistake they could ever make at this time.

From Enformable enformable.com...

This is so hard to believe that it really takes a bit of time to digest. The NRC is going to increase the lifespan of a nuclear reactor to 80 years from 40 years.

Here's what's been going lately at Harris:

1. A bomb threat, that turned out to be a domestic dispute...
www.newsobserver.com...

UNUSUAL EVENT DUE TO A BOMB THREAT Two individuals (one male and one female) drove up to the site security gate and stated they had a bomb in the vehicle (Jeep Cherokee). LLEA was notified and responded to the site. The two individuals are in custody and the Raleigh Police bomb squad is enroute to the site. The site is in a heightened level of security. Notified DHS, NICC, and FEMA. * * * UPDATE AT 1544 EDT ON 6/1/2012 FROM ALLISON HARKEY TO MARK ABRAMOVITZ * * * The Unusual Event was terminated at 1530 EDT on 6/1/2012. The vehicle search did not find a bomb and the two individuals are in custody. Notified the R2DO (Vias), NRR EO (Chernoff), DHS, NICC, and FEMA.

www.nrc.gov...

2. And someone was contaminated:

TRANSPORT OF POTENTIALLY CONTAMINATED PERSON OFFSITE "At 11:11 PM on May 31, 2012, the Harris main control room was notified that a contract employee in a radiation controlled area was in need of medical assistance. The individual was transported by ambulance to the hospital, accompanied by Harris radiation protection personnel. The individual was considered potentially contaminated because a complete survey to confirm the absence of contamination was not completed prior to transport of the person off site for medical treatment. The individual and the ambulance used to transport the individual were surveyed and released after arrival at the hospital."

www.nrc.gov...

3. The NRC has approved an increase in capacity:

The US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has approved a proposal by Progress Energy to raise the power generating capacity of the Shearon Harris Nuclear Power Plant located in North Carolina, US by 1.66%. The power uprate for the pressurized-water reactor, located about 20 miles southwest of Raleigh, North Carolina, will raise its power generating capacity to 930MW from 900MW electric. An NRC evaluation confirmed that Progress Energy could increase the reactors' power output primarily through more methods of measuring feedwater flow.

nuclear.energy-business-review.com...

4. Two safety valves failed to shut less than a month ago and special investigation:
www.newsobserver.com...

5. And Harris is using a generator from Three Mile Island that is 30 years old:
www.wral.com...

Warm and fuzzy!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is just an off the wall crazy theory as Im sure the following was a mistake and they meant to show a connection. But just in case it isnt a mistake, there is no line going from the reactors to the CWT/southend water treatment area.

What if they dont actually recirculate the water from the reactors and its being shipped up to R6 and used for dust control.

The water feeding the treatment system coming out of the southend is being pumped out of the UC in a desperate attempt to lower the water table and get in to recover their nuke babies (Hbombs) when they get the building around R4 built and can keep removal operations a secret.

I wonder if Tom Clancy would be interested in this story line.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This should pretty much seal the deal. They found plutonium in all black dust samples from Minamisoma.

June 3, 2012 blog post by Minamisoma City Councilor Koichi Oyama translated by Dissensus Japan and H/T ENENEWS. (The following is not an exact quote as I corrected some spelling, edited slightly and better translated. The original can be found at dissensus-japan.blogspot.com... )

2012/06/04
Everyone! I already told it to the Ministry of the Environment.

Original text from Blog of Koichi Oyama in Minamisoma City 03.06.2012 mak55.exblog.jp...

I post again the article i posted on April 27 under the title: "Black Substance as an aggregate of radioisotopes". The other day when a member of the Diet visited Minamisoma City, he said that he had a meeting with an official beforehand but he got no information about it.

What happened to the Ministry of the Environment?

I exchanged business card with three officials when they came for an assembly on April 26. I sent emails but they never answered.

This is my mail :

To Mr.Taku Ômura (Chief of Fukushima Office at Environmental Restoration of The Ministry of the Environmental), Mr. Yukiharu Kouso (Chief of Branch Office at Hamadori of Environmental Resotoration of The Ministry of the Environmental), Mr. Aha (Chief of Branch Office at Hamadori of Environmental Resotoration of The Ministry of the Environmental).

Well done for the committee meeting of Mimanisoma city assembly yesterday. I'm Koichi Oyama, an official of Minamisoma City. I sent you additional information about the black substance we talked about yesterday. There are bacterium which absorbs the radioactive substances in exuberance everywhere on the paved surfaces in the residential area and at residential houses and this drifts onto side walks, parking areas and roads.

Cesium for example is highly radioactive and yesterday I saw the result of analysis of Japan Chemical Analysis Center which contain fluid, they found plutonium and strontium in every sample.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
From Q's tepco pics. March 13th 012 Not sure what is going on in the foreground, but we get a better look at the netted scafolding behind #2 turbine. Maybe the next tent being built? Also note the tank on the dock with the hoses running down to the sea, on the left.

Also this really sad article and video.

enenews.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

If they gave as much thought too there Camoflage,,well done by the way,,too there,,,scope,,
i think they are Particle Collectors,,,intake/exhaust/scrubbed,,,
there should be giant blades on the TOP,sucking in those particles,,

scrub and release

kind of like fishing.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

its logical,,
any
Scientists around??

ya scary.

radiation and seals dont mix,,
expect some failed,,refief valves,,,agin,,,

how many times they replace those,,check the sceduale,,,adjust accoringly.

just a thought.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

How do you propose to get them out? (keep in mind they require constant shielding)

Use the same system that they are going to use to remove the two assemblies for inspection.

This is pure assumption, but it should really only take two cranes, one to lift and load the assembly into the other holding the container basket. And this can be done in the SFP which is deep enough. But even if that doesnt work, I dont see this as an insurmountable problem.

If it is, then this should be a primary reason to shut down all nuclear plants. If they have an accident, there is no way to get the spent fuel out.

But Tepco can get the fuel out and are only playing games.

Humm. Cranes that handle this fuel assemblies are on built on trolleys. The trolley is attached to the building. Why? A typical crane can fail, and you don't want a crane failure on a assembly transfer which would make the whole site a no-go zone. You have to shield the assembly the entire time it takes to do the transfer otherwise you've overexposed your workers and your site. The crane has to lift the assembly 120 tons, typically, and the shielding at the same time. They have to be precise. You can't touch the assembly to guide it into position, like a construction beam. What are you doing with the assembly after you get it out? If it is going into dry cask, you need a very specialized crane, yes, supported on trolley.

On a structurally compromised building, with a trashed crane, and with workers who aren't able to walk around in lead suits. So I ask you again. This issue you think is so small.

nuke fuel cranes
edit on 4-6-2012 by Wertwog because: added the quote

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

i know fill in the SPACE BELOW THE FUEL POOL THAT IS SUPPORTED BY
ONE GIRDER???????????????????????????????
thats if i get the general idea of ,,,,,,,,how to make something not fall.
it aint hard too figure out, so stop it.

and im nuts????

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Wertwog

and im nuts????

Honest to God, it's hard to grasp this, but I think my idea of the inflatable kevlar pool around the building has some merit. Mind you they would have to keep filling it due to ground water seepage, but it's better than leaving it swinging. They can build the permanent structure around the kiddie pool later.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Wertwog because: gerg!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Wertwog

and im nuts????

Honest to God, it's hard to grasp this, but I think my idea of the inflatable kevlar pool around the building has some merit. Mind you they would have to keep filling it due to ground water seepage, but it's better than leaving it swinging. They can build the permanent structure around the kiddie pool later.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Wertwog because: gerg!

your worried about making a $ ??

i was thinking cement from those CEMENT TOWERS FULL OF CEMENT,,,OK BOYS BACK UR UP,,

WELL HAVE THAT FILLED IN,,OHHH
ANYONE DO THE MATH,,,,,CUBIC YARDS?? TOO DRY TIME,, WITH RADIATION ABSORMANT MIX??????????????

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Lol, they can have my idea for free, I don't care.

But hey, cement burns, well, crumbles buddy. Actually it powders/destabilizes - becomes calcium oxide after steaming out all it's H20 at around 1200 degrees. That's when it looses it's structure and get's crumbly and powders. And worse, even if the rods don't get hot enough to melt the concrete (but they will), you can't mitigate if you need to later. Then you have to think about what's under the pile'o'poop.

Chernobyl's tomb has a void. Concrete doesn't touch the mass.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Wertwog because: More detail

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Lol, they can have my idea for free, I don't care

so when can u get your guys o thank u

When can it be implamented.

i agree better than Cement,,possably,,
moveable yes,
filters yes
kevlar,,lead shielding ,or newly discorvered,,material,,geneticall altered that is,,,maybe?
ya,

A lot better than a void.

top topics

<< 1272  1273  1274    1276  1277  1278 >>

join