It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1273.htm
<< 1270  1271  1272    1274  1275  1276 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by Human0815
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Iodine-131 is very common and not a
Indicator for "something bad" in F'Shima,
it is widly used in the Treatment of Cancer!

so it's common in the environment at that level?

This is depending on different Factores
like how many Hospitals, Retirement Houses and/or how many
sick People are living there!

You can research different Articles when you look
for it on Google, look for Iodine-131 in Wastewater Management!

I am on my Telephone and cant serve you
a Link or Article but this Iodine Problem is not new.

Kind Regards

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Ive been trying to find the amount of fuel rod assemblies in a typical US spent fuel pool. Its not common data. Luckily we have Enformable keeping us informed. From one of the FOIAs Lucas posted sometime ago, I came across very unsettling data. I knew the US pools were packed tighter than those at Dai-ichi, but not how much more.

I think this is a case where I should have taken the blue pill. The common status of SFPs in the US is 4200 assemblies which equates to about 5,000,000 spent fuel rods crammed into every pool. And they are still adding more every day.

At Dai-ichi R4, nukie experts have said that there was enough fuel to cause a worldwide catastrophe if it should catch fire. That pool has as we know it has roughly 1500 assemblies.

And to this day they have no idea what to do with this intensely dangerous material for the next 100,000 years, while neutron embrittlement destroys the cladding and containment, and the infrastructure (ie water pipes, dams, the grid) needed to keep these babies cool is crumbling with no funds for repair.

That should be a situation that in and of itself screams for attention and responsible action. Instead we have politicians like Obama and Romney who vehemently swear that nuclear power is safe and have every intention of taking what little money the gov has and give it to the nuke industry for more nuke plants.

At some point we have to realize that these nutcases are going to kill us and the planet if we let them.

VOTE GREEN OR KISS THIS PLANET GOODBYE!!!!!
edit on 31-5-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

I'm not saying it is fact, but what if all they can really do at this point is just keep pumping water in and letting it run back out.

Well said Kaiser, thank you. Water, the most precious thing on this planet.

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The BP Oil Spill Has Done Bunches to Conserve the Marine Life In The Gulf of Mexico Also

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... veloped-sealife/

enenews.com... n-of-this-animal-than-nearly-anything-else-could

Hunger Games...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Iodine-131 is very common and not a
Indicator for "something bad" in F'Shima,
it is widly used in the Treatment of Cancer!

so it's common in the environment at that level?

This is depending on different Factores
like how many Hospitals, Retirement Houses and/or how many
sick People are living there!

You can research different Articles when you look
for it on Google, look for Iodine-131 in Wastewater Management!

I am on my Telephone and cant serve you
a Link or Article but this Iodine Problem is not new.

Kind Regards

wow, i didn't realize that and thanks for the info! i'm going to check into that because there's nothing like having even more contamination to fix.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
Ive been trying to find the amount of fuel rod assemblies in a typical US spent fuel pool. Its not common data. Luckily we have Enformable keeping us informed. From one of the FOIAs Lucas posted sometime ago, I came across very unsettling data. I knew the US pools were packed tighter than those at Dai-ichi, but not how much more.

I think this is a case where I should have taken the blue pill. The common status of SFPs in the US is 4200 assemblies which equates to about 5,000,000 spent fuel rods crammed into every pool. And they are still adding more every day.

At Dai-ichi R4, nukie experts have said that there was enough fuel to cause a worldwide catastrophe if it should catch fire. That pool has as we know it has roughly 1500 assemblies.

And to this day they have no idea what to do with this intensely dangerous material for the next 100,000 years, while neutron embrittlement destroys the cladding and containment, and the infrastructure (ie water pipes, dams, the grid) needed to keep these babies cool is crumbling with no funds for repair.

That should be a situation that in and of itself screams for attention and responsible action. Instead we have politicians like Obama and Romney who vehemently swear that nuclear power is safe and have every intention of taking what little money the gov has and give it to the nuke industry for more nuke plants.

At some point we have to realize that these nutcases are going to kill us and the planet if we let them.

VOTE GREEN OR KISS THIS PLANET GOODBYE!!!!!
edit on 31-5-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

I know that Fermi 1 has the most spent fuel of any reactor in the world cant remember exactly how much but its probably over 10-20s that of unit 4. and of course I live in some what close proximity to it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Haven't Seen English Versions in a Long Time...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Whew...Unit 4 is Precarious...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

As ive said my math sucks. That should be 500,000 not 5,000,000.

Originally posted by BriGuyTM90
I know that Fermi 1 has the most spent fuel of any reactor in the world cant remember exactly how much but its probably over 10-20s that of unit 4. and of course I live in some what close proximity to it.

BG if you find out exactly how many spent fuel assemblies are on site Id love to know.
edit on 1-6-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Interesting short article from Robert Alvarez, senior policy adviser in the Energy Department from 1993 to 1999. This finding of radionuclides staying bunched up is similar to what happens in the atmosphere as well. The contaminants don't disperse like other substances. Just like on land, in the ocean you can have a high reading in one spot and low readings surrounding it.

I feel this is a very important piece of the puzzle, this lack of dispersion. And why it is so important not to go by just a handful of readings. Or visa versa, find a hot spot and assume it's like that in the surrounding area.

The Japanese govt and Tepco have done as little monitoring as possible while still trying to give the impression of doing their jobs. This failing is especially disconcerting when we consider the nature of radionuclide dispersion, or lack of it. Instead of looking for hotspots, Tepco and the gov take a few readings in an area and call it a day. One more way they can say "screw you world"

www.ips-dc.org... via ENENEWS

According to a previously secret 1955 memo from the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission regarding concerns of the British government over contaminated tuna, "dissipation of radioactive fall-out in ocean waters is not a gradual spreading out of the activity from the region with the highest concentration to uncontaminated regions, but that in all probability the process results in scattered pockets and streams of higher radioactive materials in the Pacific. We can speculate that tuna which now show radioactivity from ingested materials have been living, in or have passed through, such pockets; or have been feeding on plant and animal life which has been exposed in those areas."

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Haven't Seen English Versions in a Long Time...

I have a feeling we arent going to see english versions anymore.

I notice the 5/6 discharge canal is still running hotter than 1 to 4. I wonder why no one has eve questioned why this is.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
From EX-SKF. More on black dust. At this point we should assume that the substance is not road rock used for traction, as this would have been ascertained and made public knowledge by now. At 56 mSv/h it is as radioactive as other pockets of black dust found in other townships.

and once again, the fact that the gov refuses to check this stuff and release findings shows how little they care about the well being of people. Of course, if they did check it theyd manipulate the results to make the public look like worry warts, so maybe it's better they just keep pretending everythings fine.

Im going to guess that its once vaporized Fukushima and contains numerous radionuclides including U and Pu.

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

"Black Dust" in Soma City Is Also Highly #Radioactive, at 56.3 Microsievert/Hr

On the roads and near the side drains by the side walks in Minami Soma City and Soma City, we've started to see the black substance that looks like dirt. There has been some media report on this substance, and it is said to be a certain kind of bacteria that has dried out. It has been known to have very high radiation levels, and there is a possibility that it affects human bodies. Please do not go near it. We placed the survey meter on the substance in the photo. The survey meter shows 56.3 microsieverts/hour. Young children in particular should pay attention.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Trying math again. From enenews.com... ions-applied-videos

Dr Koide states that one reactor in one year goes through one ton of uranium. This means that roughly 20 pounds of plutonium is created each year in each reactor, using the 1% conversion factor.

455 reactors worldwide would be producing 9100 pounds per year of plutonium and other transuranics locked in the spent fuel.

Spent fuel that they have no idea what to do with.

AND WHEN THE NUKE INDUSTRY FINALLY DRIES UP, GUESS WHO IS GOING TO BE MADE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THIS TOXIC AND REACTIVE WASTE. IT WONT BE THE THE NUKE INDUSTRY, IAEA, OR ANY OTHER ENTITY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CREATION OF THIS MESS. IT WILL BE YOU AND ME AND OUR KIDS AND THEIR KIDS AND THEIR KIDS AND THEIR KIDS.....INTO INFINITY.

THE BASTARDS LIKE TEPCO AND GE AND INPO WILL SIMPLY CLOSE SHOP AND WALK AWAY WITH WHATEVER MONEY THEY MADE FROM CREATING THIS WASTE. A WASTE THAT LASTS FOREVER.

THIS IS HOW THE TOXICS INDUSTRIES OPERATE. THEY TELL YOU EVERYTHING IS FINE WHILE THEY PUMP OUT TONS OF TOXIC SUBSTANCES, THEN ONE DAY SCIENCE PROVES THEM WRONG, THEY GO BANKRUPT AND WALK AWAY FROM THE MESS.

THE LAWSUIT CLAIMING THAT NUKE POWER ROBS PEOPLE OF THEIR RIGHT TO LIFE IS SO TOTALLY RIGHT ON ITS SCARY.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

OK...The Folks with the Fabulous Eyeballs

fukushima-diary.com...

March 20, 2011:

cryptome.org...

cryptome.org...

- Purple Chive
edit on 1-6-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Yes, something is really going on at #4. 1st pic last year, 2nd pic now ...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604

Good shot of the 4th horsemen from Mooch.

And raises a serious question. If the SFP (which is the white covered area) is all they need to deal with to totally neutralize the threat from R4 and have it free of radioactive fuel, and it is clearly accessible, why dont they get it out of there. They have the technology, the pool is exposed........whats the problem.

Its probably as Ive said, the need to cover their work of getting stuff out of the UC, which will also take a crane system and heavy equipment. But they dont want people to see this so they are going to build a big elaborate structure to hide their shenanigans.

Id bet the ranch.

ON EDIT: making another correction. the following from above should be uSv/hr not mSv/hr

Originally posted by zworld At 56 mSv/h it is as radioactive as other pockets of black dust found in other townships.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

More Analysis...Great Graphs

Reliability Evaluation of the Thermometers Used in the Reactor and the Primary Containment Vessel at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 1-3

Page 22 there's a pattern.

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And MadderDoc is rockin' on PF:

www.physicsforums.com...
www.physicsforums.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Its probably as Ive said, the need to cover their work of getting stuff out of the UC, which will also take a crane system and heavy equipment. But they dont want people to see this so they are going to build a big elaborate structure to hide their shenanigans.

Id bet the ranch.

And it will look so much tidier!! Hopefully they'll put a colorful print (birds, butterflies, fish, seashells) on the covering this time...unit 1 is so bland.

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Human - You Feeling Any of These Quakes?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Unit 4 Fly Over 03/16/11

Thank you Nuckelchen!!

Noticed during this fly over that the north and south sides of the building have blasted holes in the same location. Wonder what would have blasted out the width of the building in such a uniform manner on the 2nd level?

Page 5 of this doc?
www.kantei.go.jp...

The reactor cap blew off and the RPV flange blew apart?

www.simplyinfo.org...

Just what the hell could have blown practically symmetrical holes through that much concrete on both the north and south sides of unit 4?

- Purple Chive

top topics

<< 1270  1271  1272    1274  1275  1276 >>

join