Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1269
<< 1266  1267  1268    1270  1271  1272 >>

join

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Aging Population and Yen Causing Auto Manufacturing to Leave Japan?

Yeah right. Follow the money folks. They know.

www.ibtimes.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Truth is if it werent for all the nutcases on this thread Id have taken a long walk off a short pier clothed in a moon suit by now. Luv ya all.

Hugs Z!! Right back at ya!!

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Kinda Interesting...

Tepco plans to increase water injection of reactor 3

fukushima-diary.com...

Quince musta found something...

05/25 Temp readings:
www.tepco.co.jp...

04/25 Temp readings:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Great find on the film, Purple. I dropped it off on Arnie's wall on the way here. I hope a longer version pops up.

A zoom on the north wall of #4.

And a shot of the south end of #4. Tarp is still covering/hiding the SFP, and a new work deck over the reactor well. A nice clear view of "The thing" Maybe #4 had a cap puller that was smaller and didn't have to fit over the whole cap like the others? Maybe instead of an octogon shape, #4 had a round one? What ever it is, we can see it better.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

A fairly clear zoom on the strange scafolding with the black netting behind {East} of #2 turbine. The 2 scafold towers are of equal height and I see a metal deck with a crane in between. It looks like the crane could be lifting something into the towers, and It looks pretty steamy around them. I don't know if this could be the connected to the transfering/dumping, or of the rising steam we see on the tbs cam, but it's a spot to watch.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Why is it when we chat,our computers mess up?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I'm almost certain that "the thing" is the reactor pressure vessel head and lifting assembly, and the yellow dome is the drywell cap. See the image below:

Some links on the Fukushima Daiichi #1 crisis

The part that is below the lifter assembly looks about the right size to be the RPV cap in relation to the drywell head cap. It would make sense to have the two caps in close proximity to one another while the core was not loaded into the RPV, as they would want to keep the movement of these items to a minimum.

Great stills AC! And Huge kudos to all for the continuous updates!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Yeah Kdog, isnt it.
Thanks J+C I had no idea.
Our pal knuck has his own filters to fight tepco's filters.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

That's pretty cool. Back when the BP Gusher was going good I did the same thing with every feed I could get my hands on and proved that there were lots of different leaks in the form of huge cracks in the sea floor. Of course neither the msm or BP would admit any of it, but just like the above video proves the steam, mine proved almost every feed they had which looked like it was just sitting there looking at nothing was actually looking at some sort of mini-grand canyon with unbelievable amounts of crap spewing out like a volcanoe.

Nice job and keep it up. And by the way I think you can get vlc to view the webcam, though it's kind of a pain to get it started and it's easy to record once you see something you want to save and you can change the colors and gamma on the fly to help you see what you think you might be seeing.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I though we should have this recorded for posterity because it looks as if the 4-pipe exhaust stack can be seen to be spewing out stuff every few seconds little/big puffs of dark smoke come out. I had to look quite carefully, but over the course of a couple of minutes I captured with my camera, a number of black smoke emissions.

See what you think and whether you agree that these are smoke emissions. They are definitely there occasionally as the images show, but not all the time. The numbers on the images are my internal photo numbers so that I know they are from different shots. The first image top left is supposed to show nothing there, but I have been staring at them all for so long I can see something in that one too. They are all taken today Sat 26th at about 12:30 midday Japan time within a couple of minutes. (

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

They've Been Deep Drilling Into the 3/11 EQ Fault

www3.nhk.or.jp...

That's what all these recent EQ's must be caused from.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Brilliant!!!

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Diagrams - In Japanese

I think this is ground water seepage?
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

EQ at the North Pole...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Unit 4 Press Videos and Pictures

photo.tepco.co.jp...

Certainly don't want much to be seen...

Some better pics:
fukushima-diary.com...

- Purple Chive
edit on 26-5-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
I though we should have this recorded for posterity because it looks as if the 4-pipe exhaust stack can be seen to be spewing out stuff every few seconds little/big puffs of dark smoke come out. I had to look quite carefully, but over the course of a couple of minutes I captured with my camera, a number of black smoke emissions.

Thank you Q. I have been seeing the same during night shots but occurring all the time when they happen. Like someone sending smoke signals. Hmmmmmm?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
More from the WSJ article on R4 which ENENEWS has been covering excellently since its a subscription article like most of the good stuff these days. Good on ya ENENEWS.

This sure adds fuel to the fire. For a head of the governments Dai-ichi decommissioning committee to say the following is not good. Especially when he tried to cover it up by saying that there was no chance of the pool collapsing earlier. If there is no chance, why is it a race against time.

even some who think there is little chance of the pool collapsing say the fuel rods should be transferred to a safer place as soon as possible. “It’s a race against time,” said Hajimu Yamana, a professor of nuclear engineering at Kyoto University, who heads a government committee on decommissioning the plant.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Great find on the film, Purple. I dropped it off on Arnie's wall on the way here. I hope a longer version pops up.

Totally cool. Two things stand out for me. One it shows the last two roof beams holding R4 together. I really hope those arent on the list for removal, cause if they are....

And as the below capture shows, in the beginning of the vid there are waves breaking into the channel and along the quay seawall. So sometimes they do, sometimes they dont.

And being an old surfer who has studied waves, at this point, I cant figure why one day there is a deep channel that wraps around and up the seawall, andother days theres not.

ON EDIT: Good shot of condition of four. quick question. Was the saggin northeast corner always sagging that much or is there some new sag.

edit on 26-5-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Real measurement in Fukushima

Well shot short documentary in a more unorthodox Japanese style.

The 'black stuff from planet nuclear' is measured. Various places are measured. Two devices are compared and with great surprise, the monitoring station reads under. Seems to be encased in a gamma shielded enclosure and off ground level.

Most of the measurements will cause a readily measurable increase in radiation caused issues, aka sickeness, if living around such levels constantly. These are just a small section of such exposures available in Fukushima.

Disgraceful really but many of the living inhabitants of a country have technically become medium level nuclear waste. We already have 4000bq/sec normally.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

And being an old surfer who has studied waves, at this point, I cant figure why one day there is a deep channel that wraps around and up the seawall, andother days theres not.

has too be WAVE CANCELLATION,,,,one set of waves cancells out the incomming set,,??

those vents sucking or blowing,,in other words?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

sagging that much or is there some new sag.
i believe the whole structure is twisting ,,clockise direction,,remember intial tsunami force would have hit Far Side,,,
so the impact,,dents,,are already there,,
just getting stressed out.

top topics

<< 1266  1267  1268    1270  1271  1272 >>

join