It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1260.htm
<< 1257  1258  1259    1261  1262  1263 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I wonder if we have anyone on here who can subscribe to Astrium?

Article describing Fukushima image satellite image Jan 2012 example

This satellite image from 18th Jan 2012

Maybe we can detect the Underground Complex by their
surface movement in millimetres service (example)
www.astrium-geo.com...

It would be interesting to have a report every time something changed at Fukushima
Astrium go monitor
Astrium go monitor 2

Unfortunately they have signed a contract with a Japanese satellite company to provide high-resolution images so I hightly doubt they will be able to show us anything.

It is possibly all front for CIA or some other military organisation or government.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Arnie again. "What caused the fuel in #3 to explode outward in chunks? Hmmmm, UC?

fairewinds.org...

Interesting on Arnie's comment about TMI. My mom evacuated me and my siblings 350 miles away. Dad stayed behind. Ten years later he developed very rare T-cell mutations that eventually led to leukemia.

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
I wonder if we have anyone on here who can subscribe to Astrium?

Excellent score Q. Just the one recent sat photo is great score as the small screen capture shows below. Note the surf line and the dark area where the outflow for R1 thru R3 is. also the random dust inhibitor spraying on top of the roofs of the TBs. Hmmmm?

But what I really want is in here and I get a bad gateway response every time I try and get to the register part.

Toulouse, 17 March 2011 - The GEO-Information Division of Astrium Services is the sole distributor of the Formosat-2 satellite’s imagery. This high resolution satellite is the only satellite, due to its atypical orbit, capable of taking images of the same point every day. This unique ability enables the international community to follow the evolution of the Japanese earthquake disaster day by day. This is why Astrium Services is making its satellite imagery experts available to provide analysis reports regarding the affected areas.

These experts analyse the images from space on a daily basis, providing vital information to the emergency crews on the ground about the state of roads, bridges, buildings, nuclear and other plants. This interpreted data should assist the ground crews and emergency teams as they tackle the crisis, providing up to date information when undertaking rescue efforts, assessing the damage to infrastructure and coordinating potential evacuations.

A daily report will be produced and available for the next seven days after registering on SPOTMonitoring website.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Riddle me this Bat-brainiacs

In the pic above from Qs site, if the outflow channels are no longer in use which of course they shouldnt be, why is there a temp line in the outflow area pushing past and to the left of the surf line.

ON EDIT: Totally cool. We finally reached the half way point to 900 flags. We're getting there slowly but surely
edit on 13-5-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The following two paragraphs from the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists Review of the Fukushima Disaster sum up Fukushima in it's entirety. Consider for a second all the times that fat cats from the nuke industry pulled out their charts and press releases and stated that nuclear power was absolutely safe. Nothing wrong could happen. They were so sure of that fact that they didn't even need to prepare for a disaster, cause there will never be one.

It's clear from our investigation of the Fukushima Daiichi accident that, even in the technologically advanced country of Japan, the government and the plant operator, Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco), were astonishingly unprepared, at almost all levels, for the complex nuclear disaster that started with an earthquake and a tsunami. And this grave oversight will affect the Japanese people for decades.

In part, that failure may stem from Tepco's most recent abnormal operating procedures, which were created in 1994 and do not address the possibility of a prolonged, total loss of power at a nuclear plant. When on-site workers referred to the severe accident manual, the answers they were looking for simply were not there. And those who misjudged the condition of the emergency cooling system had never actually put the system into service; they were thrown into the middle of a crisis without the benefit of training or instructions.

Now the earth and it's inhabitants will be exposed to radiation far beyond what existed before, and have to pay trillions for the clean up, all because these fat cats only cared about the money nuke power was bringing in, and not a wit about the dangers they were creating for all of life for thousands of years. For All Of Life For Thousands Of Years. For All Of Life For Thousands Of Years.

NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO DO THAT!!! NOBODY!

That is why from this day forward I am officially declaring war on all nations and all corporations that support and create nuclear power and weapons. And not because the choice is between them and us. But because the choice is between life continuing and the end of the world. Let the games begin.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Folks, this is what Q discovered. We need this data before the PTB take it down. Sat photos from the first seven days that no one has seen. I want so bad.

ON EDIT: Heck of a score Q but I think we may be too late as they may have already blocked the site. Not sure though.
edit on 13-5-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I was going to start a thread on this article until I did some more digging here on ATS realizing it has basically been covered.
For those that are interested and have been following the Fukushima disaster you may be interested in checking this out (If you have not already).

Plume-Gate: Secret Documents Prove Global Cover-Up of Continued Fukushima Radiation Pollution

Excerpt summary -

A Freedom of Information Act(FOIA) request filed by Friends of the Earth (FoE), Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR), and the Nuclear Information and Resource Center (NIRS) has unearthed a shocking series of new evidence proving a deliberate, global cover-up of the true severity of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. And the unfortunate reality is that the mainstream media continues to blatantly ignore this colossal scandal.

Private emails, meeting transcripts and other key documents reveal that both the Obama White House and the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission(NRC) were well aware of just how bad things really were with Fukushima from the early days of the disaster, but did nothing to warn the public about it. In fact, NRC and the White House purposely did not warn Americans about a massive radiation plume that struck the West Coast just days after the massive earthquake and tsunami hit Japan’s eastern coast.

According to information gathered from hundreds of pages worth of private NRC emails, conference calls and secret meetings, key players in the Fukushima whitewashing campaign, including the NRC’s David McIntyre and Elliot Brenner, were hard at work in the days following the disaster distracting public attention away from it.

By pretending that a radioactive plume did not exist while simultaneously sending out misinformation to the media, these two, in conjunction with White House officials, actively participated in a criminal cover-up of the truth.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
4.4 a couple miles from Dai-ichi. Closest one yet.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

Another good score. Especially this quote;

“In a fascist state, there is little or no responsible action from the corporations for there is little or no promotion of accountability from the state. The corporations, for all intents and purposes, control the state.”

People, the world fought Hitler to stop fascism. If Hitler had won, his vision for the world was one where all power resided with the business community, and the masses had no say in anything whether it affected them or not.

Welcome to the WTO controlled world folks. Hitler won after all. Now we need to rid the world of all the little Hitlers that have followed his lead.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
From ENENEWS enenews.com... o-ocean-will-spread-all-over-world-reaching-hawaii-and-us-so

He revealed that the current facility removes only cesium and that other radioactive materials such as strontium cannot be cleaned up.

“You know how much contaminated water is stored at the Fukushima Daiichi site? It is 200,000 tons......it is impossible to store that much water on site. So, it is obvious that some of the contaminated water has been leaked into the ocean.”

“Everyone there knows that the amount of water is huge but does not speak about it. Anyone who works there understands that nothing can be done except to leak the water!”

There are over 200 fission products associated with a nuclear meltdown. They are removing two of these, C-134 and C-137, and then re-using the water or dumping/storing it. Water that is re-used is re-used again and again and the levels of those 200+ fission products that aren't removed build into ever greater amounts. Brilliant. No wonder the sludge is running in the many Sv/hr range. Time to add the entire storage facility as another ticking time bomb. And the Pacific Ocean as Fukushima's toilet.

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding how the world's leaders and nuke regulators can pretend everything's OK at Fukushima. Cold blooded killers they are.....and we are the victims.

"victims"...?....Z...?...people are not people to "these" 'people', let alone "victims ". They are : profit or payout based on the action we have seen so far by 'those' people.
One of conviction should always '""die" with their boots on"', so to speak, apparently that is everyone else's job but "them".

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
SL and BobatHome

I wish I understood all that stuff better, but i think youze guys and GR are hitting on something important and that means Ive got to go back to school and learn the basics so I can enter the discussion.

That blue streak is very interesting SL. What I cant get my head around is the light source that flares at 2:11 and 2:17. Wouldnt the area between the shield plug and the yellow PCV lid be pitch dark.

ON EDIT: One of the sticky (no pun intended) questions nagging at me has to do with the yellow/green pollen/dust mentioned a few posts ago. This substance didn't run out like pollen, acting more like China dust in the way that it pooled after the rain was gone, but floated like pollen during the rains and attached itself in an almost magnetic way to cars.

magneticism? Hmmmmm.

edit on 1-5-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

older smoke detectors work by an radioactive metal ( americium ) giving off known amounts ionization in a given ( short) period, additionally plastic clings to windows through a similar phenomenon, though 'physical' not transitory high energy interfaces ( induction wise ).

it makes perfect sense that Ultra small highly radioactive particles would grab other small organic particles from the environment (electrostatically) , forming larger particles ( like electrostatic snow balls ) that would have identifiable patterns with hydration , saturation, and dehydration . especially given the size of the particles ..making most of them 'aerosols' . any good 'scientist' should be ab;e to verify...though I would.. in Japan.. seek a botanist, as I have always loved bonsai.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Barium 140 detected in the States.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
More steaming at #1 but now we know where the chiminey is.

The flue at #1. If the inside here is the same set up as 3 and 4, then the freight shaft would be behind the white panel. Curtain the shaft off on all levels, and the steam from the molten core below shoots right up through without fogging up the building.

The manager of NHK gets a cushy job with tepco.
fukushima-diary.com...

And the folks at our beloved tepco are whining because they only made 5.35 trillion yen. Maybe we should pass the hat

www.japantoday.com...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
ENENEWS headline "Footage Of Explosion At Unit No. 4 Said To Exist"

And a quote from Arnie;

There’s a couple of very, very grainy videos that clearly show [Unit No. 4] did explode.

It was a different type of explosion, and perhaps a fire and an explosion, that went on for a period of days.

So exactly how it did explode is one of the big questions about the Fukushima accident.

I believe the video he is referring to is the one that produced the picture of the fire at R4. This video is no longer available on the net. If this is the same video as the one I have then it doesnt show any explosion whatsoever. It is purely of the fire and smoke storm that occurred the 15th at R4.

The violent eruption that occurred at 6:14 AM on the 15th at R4 was not recorded because it was dark at the time.

And the fires from the UC erupting occurred off and on at both R3 and R4 for four days, with a final burst of fire and nuclides on the 21st from R3.

And the mystery of what happened at R4 is no longer a mystery to me.

The funny thing about all of this is that I sweated over the UC from the day it first dawned on me that there was a possibility of its existence. Now I no longer am concerned about it. Im hoping its been buried in earth and groundwater, with any weapons hopefully incapable of exploding. Or at least buried deep enough not to produce disastrous results. This I hope is what has occurred. The best we can pray for is that it doesnt bleed too much into the ocean and surrounding water table.

All concerns are focused on the corium and spent fuel assemblies above ground at this point.

I hope.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
it makes perfect sense that Ultra small highly radioactive particles would grab other small organic particles from the environment (electrostatically) , forming larger particles ( like electrostatic snow balls ) that would have identifiable patterns with hydration , saturation, and dehydration . especially given the size of the particles ..making most of them 'aerosols' . any good 'scientist' should be ab;e to verify...though I would.. in Japan.. seek a botanist, as I have always loved bonsai.

Yes, I think thats what we are seeing in the yellow/green pollen/dust/sand. Its multiple things combining. The pollen is probably close range and picking up localized radionuclides that have traveled in the wind from Fukushima. The Chinese dust/sand on the other hand passed over Fukushima Prefecture before making a right turn towards Tokyo.

I couldnt imagine it being almost purely U or Pu as this would have been off the charts active.

The black rain dust in the north of Fukushima may be a different story. I think it might be more concentrated U and Pu that has spontaneously ignited as it was the after effects of the initial nuclear explosion.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I made a mistake. I have been informed that the truck bays are not directly under the southwest corners of R3 and R4 so thats not the reason why that corner isnt a part of the perturbations. Thanks to whoever sent me these. However in the R4 5th floor blueprint (which is supposed to be one of the original blueprints) below I think it has been mirror reversed. Not sure though.

ON EDIT: I take that back. Maybe its not reversed. I can never read blueprints well.
edit on 14-5-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Marcin Jakubowski,,,,,,,,,,,he has a Ph.D. in fusion physics, (seems like a bright kid,,
)

get a hold of this guy,,see what he say's.
ie: we have a fusion criticality,,that why no boom.
yet.

www.youtube.com...#!

Also quite good video.

Me.

edit on 14-5-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Unit 2: Pressure Way Down and Hydrogen Gradualy Dropping

13.82 kPa g

A系:0.42 vol% B系:0.42 vol%

www.tepco.co.jp...

More stuff in Japanese only....very little being translated to English:
www.tepco.co.jp...

What a thread folks...stupendous job!!

- Purple Chive
up:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Since Im rpetty sure we had a nuclear explosion on the 14th, if thisn hasn't been posted before its the nuke blast after effects military bible.

www.fourmilab.ch...

And on the funny side from that site is this little jewel. Its the brochure they handed out to people living near the Nevada testing grounds in the 50s. www.fourmilab.ch...

The following is basically the full amount of data supplied people back then.

-----------------------------------

A MESSAGE TO PEOPLE WHO LIVE NEAR NEVADA TEST SITE:

You are in a very real sense active participants in the Nation's atomic test program. You have been close observers of tests which have contributed greatly to building the defenses of our own country and of the free world. Nevada tests have helped us come a long way in a few, short years and have been a vital factor in maintaining the peace of the world. They also provide important data for use in planning civil defense measures to protect our people in event of enemy attack.

Some of you have been inconvenienced by our test operations. At times some of you have been exposed to potential risk from flash, blast, or fall-out. You have accepted the inconvenience or the risk without fuss, without alarm, and without panic. Your cooperation has helped achieve an unusual record of safety..........

There were instances of property damage from blast, such as broken windows. Some cattle and horses grazing within a few miles of the detonations suffered skin deep radiation burns, but the damage had no effect on their breeding value nor the beef quality of the cattle.

Thank god for my new Google bull# to English translator, cause the above made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Nuking people to keep them safe from enemy attack? So I ran it through and this is what I got.....much better.

You are in a very real sense active participants in the Nation's 'radiation induced toxic effects on the human population' experiment. Whether you like it or not. You have been stupid enough to continue living near our testing ground and that's reality. This has, however, contributed greatly to our understanding of how easy it is to manipulate people in the free trade world. Nevada tests have helped us build many times bigger bombs in a few, short years and have been a vital factor in future domination of the world. They also have provided important insight into the lack of importance in needing to actually protect our people in event of enemy attack.

Some of you have been seriously irradiated by our test operations. At times some of you have been exposed to enormously dangerous risk from flash, blast, or fall-out. You have accepted this form of murder without complaining unlike normal people would. Your stupidity has helped us achieve an unusual image of safety..........

There were instances of property damage from blast, such as broken windows, and homes full of cesium, strontium and plutonium. Some cattle and horses grazing within a few miles of the detonations suffered radiation exposure beyond the point of rescue and should be eliminated, but if your stupid enough to let us nuke you after what radiation did to the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki then you're probably stupid enough to eat irradiated meat. Oh well, its not like we didn't warn you.....wait a minute.....never mind.

see what I mean.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
From EX-SKF ex-skf.blogspot.com...

Black dust is in Tokyo as well as Minami-Soma, and pockets of it produce the same off the charts activity. For the Japanese government to continue to ignore these findings and keep pretending everything is fine makes them an enemy of life and people everywhere. Yuki, nows a good time to consider an early retirement and that move to South Korea.

"When I brought the radiation detector closer, it visibly responded. So I knew it might be highly contaminated, but didn't know it was this contaminated...", says Ayako Ishikawa incredulously. Ishikawa is the head of the citizens' group "No! to Radiation, Protect Children in Koto". [Koto-ku is one of the eastern Special Wards of Tokyo]. She says, "We found something that looked like "black dust" near the Hirai JR station in Edogawa-ku. We collected the sample and and asked Professor Tomoya Yamauchi of Kobe University to measure the radiation. The result was that it had the maximum 243,000 Bq/kg [of radioactive cesium]."

And this is interesting. It resembled dried moss. I havent heard that deescriptor used before. Very interesting.

First, [to a location] about 10-minute walk from the JR Hirai Station. We found the "black dust" on the playground near the public housing. There were several drifts near the fence, and they looked like just "black soil". When I took a closer look, they were revealed to be something like a dried moss or mold.

edit on 15-5-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1257  1258  1259    1261  1262  1263 >>

join