It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1257.htm
<< 1254  1255  1256    1258  1259  1260 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
rain swipe today off the truck, 142 CPM, and background 30 CPM.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Yup Z - even the most evil and corrupt in Japan can't escape and are scared.

The rest of the World's Captains and Kings...they will quietly position themselves out of the N-industry.

I've got two fasciated daylillies growing....

It rained in the afternoon Saturday, May 5th:
www.epa.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
LBE, if you FB send me your handle, by pm and we'll see you at radiation watch. Reading from everywhere being posted, and 4 more geigers bought today. The network of folks, sick of smiley face government BS is growing. A web site is planned. That way your tests reach a lot more people, including neighbors.

Our bud Enformable has been digging up some Speedi data for us all. Fingers crossed for some nuggets.
www.scribd.com...

And after moving decimal points for a year and taking radiation measurement 50 ft in the air, it seems to be coming back to bite tepco in the butt.

Japan Physician: Radiation levels 40 times higher than reported by Japan gov’t — 12 Megabequerels per meter and NOT designated as evacuation zone

enenews.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
LBE, if you FB send me your handle, by pm and we'll see you at radiation watch. Reading from everywhere being posted, and 4 more geigers bought today. The network of folks, sick of smiley face government BS is growing. A web site is planned. That way your tests reach a lot more people, including neighbors.

Our bud Enformable has been digging up some Speedi data for us all. Fingers crossed for some nuggets.
www.scribd.com...

And after moving decimal points for a year and taking radiation measurement 50 ft in the air, it seems to be coming back to bite tepco in the butt.

Japan Physician: Radiation levels 40 times higher than reported by Japan gov’t — 12 Megabequerels per meter and NOT designated as evacuation zone

enenews.com...

i don't have FB amigo, but i would like to see that site, maybe you can PM me the addy?

i use an Inspector+ for my readings and it seems to work well.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Some new film and even some great vintage Clapton thrown in for the "Late Night gang". Quake at 2:40

Ok, listen to what this man has to say.
Now take a bow gang.
Every last beautiful $hit disturber here.
We did this.
They know that we ALL know, and won't stop telling others. We are beating the news blackout and the money knows it.

And why not vote while your at it?
www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Thanks for posting all the links. And of cause thank you all for still investing you free time to dig up all the data. You all do a great job. I'm still reading here every day. It is still unbelievable that our mass media don't report anything about this. How can it be that our world is so corrupt? Or are all the journalists just too stupid to see that this is much more important than the latest soccer results? Yesterday I even seen a report in TV about how healthy fish is. Ok, that may be ok but they stated that Japan is a great example for healthy fish food and that we all should eat more fish.
If I look at the FAO for all the fish in out supermarket here in Germany about 80% originate in FAO 61 and 67. And we all know from those independent measurements (and even some official reports) that the fish from these FAOs contails elevated levels of Caesium and Plutonium. So how the hell can they tell me that eating this stuff is still healthy? They should warn everyone instead that fish from FAO 6x and 7x may contain radioactive particles. TEPCO still releases unbelievable amounts of contaminated water into the pacific.
And what is even more unbelievable is that you can tell your colleagues about this and the next day they took the Alaska pollack menu and tell you that it can't be that bad if they still offer this stuff in the cafeteria.

As long as the 99% still believe what mass media is telling them nothing will ever change. So regarding this I'm proud to belong to the 1% with my own dosimeter and all the information presented here. And after month of trying to hopelessly educate my colleagues I will just laugh at them if they get cancer. It's really that bad as they will only believe that something is wrong if it is too late

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Listening to Clapton in Cream is like being in church, eh?
Well, just when you think the days over...it rains, I just checked the rain again. May 8th, 2 am Eastern Ontario 420 ft. Spike to 0.88 from my 0.13, background, then it settled into the 0.50 - 0.60 micro-sievert range were its been for 35 minutes so far. So lets call this one 5 times background. I bagged it and will re-test the paper towel tomorrow night.

But my numbers are peanuts next to my bud's in Misato. 20 miles from Tokyo. May 8th also.

Washington State will test fish. [probably just the heads and tails, like in Japan]...We'll see.

www.king5.com...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Waiting for English Version...

www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

44.82 that's just insane!

i can't believe they are letting people live in these conditions.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Even scarier, it appears to be from inside a house or car which means it isn't picking up alpha and low energy beta emissions.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Ok, listen to what this man has to say.
Now take a bow gang.
Every last beautiful $hit disturber here.
We did this.
They know that we ALL know, and won't stop telling others. We are beating the news blackout and the money knows it.

I really hope thats the case AC and I think it is. I liken it to a couple of rodents tunneling into the levee making it give way. I dont care how big the levee is, RODENTS RULE.
The PTB dont want people to know how weak they really are but its all smoke and mirrors.

I should add that when I say in my previous post those protesting in Japan are the most beautiful people in the world, protesters and activists anywhere are the most beautiful people in the world to me. Every single one of those protesting in Japan, posting at ATS, ENENEWS, EXSKF or wherever, or putting their bodies on the tracks in France and Germany is beautiful beyond compare to me. When united we are the only real power in life.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Folks, this is from research for a later chapter but I wanted to put the basics out now. This is why I am growing increasingly concerned about the corium causing an explosion that could topple either R3 or R4s SFPs, and not as concerned with a future EQ being close enough and strong enough to do the same..

We most likely at this time have numerous isolated balls of corium eating their way through concrete and earth. When Chernobyl happened, the corium split into three main chunks that made their way to lower floors, and then cooled. The reason they cooled was because they were exposed to the air.

The Mark 1 BWR is a completely different design. They have a concrete basemat, and according to NRC, IAEA and military reports, that's the worst thing in the world for a reactor floor. Once the corium enters the concrete three things happen. One it moves from a high oxidated environment. Two, the impurities in the melt (ie cladding, control rods etc) dispell themselves leaving behind for the most part pure uranium and plutonium with a small percentage of other radionuclides. And three and most important, the concrete keeps the corium hot and free of a cooling crust except on the upper surface. The corium is continuously shedding any cooler crust as it moves through the concrete.

Thats why they are now designing the basemats that have layers of different things to enhance cooling and slow the movement of corium.

The shape of these chunks/balls is probably spherical and the size could be anything. Some of these are possibly capable of achieving recriticality.

Each one of these are ticking time bombs for many years to come. They dont lose much of their heat if exothermic reactions are occurring. And from what I can see the type of concrete doesnt have that much effect, as it appears to be the small amount of water in the concrete that causes the exothermic reaction. I think. All of this needs more research and Im not sure of some of it, but the thought of pure chunks of U and Pu heading for an unlimited water source (ie groundwater), and no expert having a clue what might happen, doesnt sit well.
edit on 8-5-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Incredible vid AC. Everyone needs to hear this. The thing that totally blew me away was the part about the amount of water these reactors need to keep cool. He's only talking about France which has alot of reactors but still......40% of all water used in France is used to cool nuclear fuel. That is totally insane. I can't even visualize that. Can that be right?

With water coming into more and more short supply worldwide, theres a good reason for shutting every reactor down that has nothing to do with the dangers of nukes. Theyre sucking us dry while only producing 6% of the energy used in the world.

Nukies need to stand trial for all their lies.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

A little frustrated folks. Still no English version. Anyone on the thread able to get a translate or know of a tool to handle PDFs?

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Even scarier, it appears to be from inside a house or car which means it isn't picking up alpha and low energy beta emissions.

i have no words for that.

i just got a .924 micro sieverts with a back ground of .070, from a rain swipe and i'm concerned.

going micro because i see many post in that unit instead of CPM.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
More steamium at fuk.

Even if we don't need them, and have almost destroyed our country and the ocean with them.....lets re-start them anyway.

fukushima-diary.com...-I.facebook

LBE, we stick to those two systems only. CPM and microsieverts. That's confusing enough. As you flip back and fourth you might find that your conversion for the two systems, is very different from what the "Official" charts say, so don't be surprised.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

A little frustrated folks. Still no English version. Anyone on the thread able to get a translate or know of a tool to handle PDFs?

- Purple Chive

Good eye PC. This appears to be another way they are slipping dataz down the pipeline without us seeing it. If you look at the urls below (which have the www left out so they dont get truncated) the difference between the two versions has been an en between the jp/nu so that it reads jp/en/nu

And they change the j at the end to an e

I have made the changes below, and if you click on the two, they are different documents. Nice try Tepco/SDF/dipsh!ts

tepco.co.jp/nu/fukushima-np/images/handouts_120508_01-j.pdf
tepco.co.jp/en/nu/fukushima-np/images/handouts_120508_01-e.pdf

www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...

The Japanese version goes into detail in monitoring points, while the english version is a couple of boxes.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

More steamium at fuk.

Good AC. And as has happened many times before, the emissions are coming from the southend and not R3 or R4. The only difference is that this angle shows the difference clearly

I really hope someday other websites that seem to be 'respectable' (unlike how media views a conspiracy forum) would pick up on the UC and start putting the pieces together. Im getting tired of reading experts who keep trying to figure out what happened without exploring underground.

The steam could be a result of corium that is steaming and not flash vaporizing the groundwater, and the steam is exiting out the tunnel system through the exhaust house, or nuclear material in the UC that is still cooking as well, or most likely both are occurring.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Grand Rapids, MI

After the BP oil spill - I got rain for the first time in weeks in July 2010. Friggen burn holes in a bunch of my plants afterwards. Never had that before. Coexit.

My peonies totally screwed up this year - never had that before and a couple of daylillies are wacko. Neighbor has weird stuff going on in garden also.

Anyhow....as the growing season continues...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Those dotdashdot and 'supernova' , 'pulsar' white spots could be how the ccd would capture electron cascade interactions at the surface transitions in the materials ( or medium ) I would guess, but as with most things, the whole vid is probably something from column a , b and c .

since I only viewed the video twice and was pretty drunk when posting that I should clarify a few assumptions I make in that condition : I.e. we have a plethora of normal video ccd smearing and over exposures. we certainly have a good deal of scraping and transitory 'colloidal' suspensions along with more lasting colloidals from galvanic transport . plus...

As Jaded noted we certainly would have MASSIVE amounts of galvanically transported metals ., including uranium , plutonium and most probably transuranic elements ( neptunium, plutonium, americium, curium, berkelium and californium, due to : neutron capture in uranium ore with subsequent beta decays (e.g. 238U + n → 239U → 239Np → 239Pu) due to the nature of the corium/poolium physical dynamics thermally and electrostatically speaking ( meaning the globs of goo would be tranuranic incubators in a water environment ))0

At a guess; smaller deposits of core melt material either directly deposited or accreted ( from various condensations or concentrations from galvanic transport ) would form "droplets" of nearly pure uranium and plutonium ( plutonium being hotter faster )

These in turn in a water environment would have a great deal of reflection increasing the 'droplets' internal heat ( thermal retention ) and vastly increasing the chance of 'internal' neutron capture ( creation internally of transuranics ) . With a predicable release gradient , these "hot drops" would expand a bit and rupture ( not to be confused with bursting ) , and as with most matter , at teh weakest point in the ( randomly assembled , totally non uniform ) surface, emitting a small amount of matter and a very concise little neutron beam from the hole.

A back of the napkin off the top of my head calculation leads me to speculate that this might be possible in particles only 200 atoms in mass ( in that super radiation saturated environment ) , although (again given the environmental conditions) a more realistic 2,000,000 million atom sized particle holds a good statistical chance of meeting the required uncertainty and still be a microscopic spec flashing in the cameras eye occasionally .

Another assumption is that of 'back scatter'

Interaction of an accelerated electron beam with a sample target produces a variety of elastic and inelastic collisions between electrons and atoms within the sample. Elastic scattering changes the trajectory of the incoming beam electrons when they interact with a target sample without significant change in their kinetic energy. In this case, we can think of elastic scattering in terms of a "billiard-ball" model of small particles (electrons) colliding with large particles (atoms). Larger atoms (with a greater atomic number, Z) have a higher probability of producing an elastic collision because of their greater cross-sectional area. Consequently, the number of backscattered electrons (BSE) reaching a BSE detector is proportional to the mean atomic number of the sample. Thus, a "brighter" BSE intensity correlates with greater average Z in the sample, and "dark" areas have lower average Z. BSE images are very helpful for obtaining high-resolution compositional maps of a sample and for quickly distinguishing different phases. They are often used in conjunction with spot probe analyses by either EDS or WDS methods.

effects from hard radiation hitting concrete / metal/plastic and ...god knows what ...

hard radiation behind that blown out plug ( as evidenced by the number of gamma strikes ) plus an odd shaped opening in the 'hard radiation' shielding should give us enough of back scatter energetics on this side with slit diffractions to boot would seem to indicate that at least some photo-electric or back-scatter interactions (perhaps induction based ) with the camera and or optics should be present...that snippet you have seems to hold that up , along with the blue glow ...but perhaps I just picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue ;-), heheh

On another less thrilling note :

I believe that the nuker industry wants a failure at the #4 pool and has NO intention of stopping it from happening .
why ? you ask...well ask yourself about the callous nature of the men "running" this industry and compare them to the guys at BP. at this point the irreparable damage is done to the northern hemisphere and they will try to spin a future for waste storage at tax payers expense out of it , just a thought

new topics

top topics

<< 1254  1255  1256    1258  1259  1260 >>

join