It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1256.htm
<< 1253  1254  1255    1257  1258  1259 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

AC - yes Unit 4 is different. It appears the columns on the left side are gone.

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Edit:

Now I'm pissed off that they can tour the plant but can't get in #4 and offload with wet rod assembly chambers, lead lined. For manipulation and hooking, use robots that are heavily shielded and crane supported (to reduce weight on R4). Use the biggest mofo'ing cranes possible, that can lift the lead and water cask by themselves. But use 3 for redundancy. Radio linked. Then place into CSFP, or other large temporary but much stronger and reliable pool. Just offload the damn things at all cost to reduce further airborne impact, if it is leaking or boiling as bad as reports suggest. One thing pilots are taught, is that if there is a problem, do something about it. Or you die. Don't just look at the dials or the smoke coming out!

edit on 4/5/12 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

Totally agree. All the energy put into a covering for R1 and the other weird projects completed dont do diddly except make the plant look more presentable. This energy should have been put into getting the rods out of R4 then R3 then the rest. No excuse for their stupidity.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Hard to tell AC...I grabbed this vid off Nuckelchen...4/1/12. Can you zoom in on one of Unit 4 and compare/contrast?

Im confused. It was the Tepco cam that went from blueish to yellow and back. The above is TBS and it does the same thing, the color change. Why would that be if it was a lens change, or computer glitch or whatever.

switching tint they are. I wish theyd stop doing that. Its like that switch from nightime to daytime color range they were doing with the old cam.

By the way thats R3 not R4 in ACs original post.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
IMS, Tepco stated sometime ago that one of the reasons that they couldn't deal with the spent fuel in R4 was because the crane needed for removal was damaged and unuseable.

You have two things you can do with a fuel assembly in the SFP. If it has time left you put it back in the reactor with the fuel handling machine. If they are taking out of the SFP headed for the CSFP, they use a separate crane.

So I went looking for this crane in the first THawk vid. I believe this is it, and its in the position you would expect as I suspect it needs to move the fuel to the southside from the SFP and not towards the northside and the reactor well or plug.

And here is a closeup of the bottom of the crane, not alot of damage considering the melt zone just south of it along the south wall.

The only thing that struck me was the fact that the crane couldn't have been used even if it worked cause they would first have to remove the fuel handling machine. Then as I was watching the vid closely with my eye on the bottom of the crane, I noticed that some of the shimmering heat steam in the vid was coming from between the crane and the melted wall. So I started looking closer and I think I found the chute for rod transport that probably goes down into the UC and was one of the vent points of the left over heat released from the initial nuke explosion.

It pretty much mirrors the melt zone.

ON EDIT: The next chapter about SPEEDI, NILU, Zardoz and the lost simulations is one that will demand some time. Soon done I hope but its a freaking deep story it is. Almost made Alice crazy.
edit on 5-5-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
news.infoshop.org...

"Houston We Have a Problem, No Known Technology to Deal with Fukushima"

I think we have been saying this all along....

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Fasten your seatbelts.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

That guy has heaps of high readings! Check out his channel.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Found this on PF:

pbadupws.nrc.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Unit 1: Temp Readings

All trending up:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Unit 1 a month ago:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Unit 2:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Hydrogen Unit 2:

A系:0.54vol% B系:0.54vol% (5/6 11:00 現在

Pressure Unit 2...way down:

16.00kPa g (5/6 11:00 現在)

www.tepco.co.jp...

And Unit 3:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

By the way thats R3 not R4 in ACs original post.

I am such an idiot. I keep forgetting to move the sliders at the bottom of pictures. Brain dead. sorry guys, no sleep.
-----------------------------

Originally posted by Purplechive
Found this on PF:

pbadupws.nrc.gov...

- Purple Chive

The above is fascinating PC. Its the entire schematics and blueprints for a reactor in the US. Its helpful in understanding the size of the torus. Bit its fascinating when looking at page after page, one thinks that all the pipes, connections, electrical feeds and apparatus of equipment all has to function as one thing. And all of the myriad of stuff involved in that plant is no doubt suffering embrittlement and who knows what else.

And it all must function exactly as planned or you could have another mega disaster.

Scary.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
From an interesting read at AlterNet via ENENEWS www.alternet.org...

But he said that privately "they're probably more scared #less about the pools than they are about the cores. They know they're really risky and dangerous."

Personally I think that the real danger at this point isn't an earthquake of great magnitude striking, but a core hitting ground water causing a vapor explosion, especially R3.

In the article they talk about the 31 BWR US pools that are also outside of containment and packed much fuller and tighter than R4. And all it takes is one missile attack and a big chunk of the US is toast.

Don't you just love how the NRC and Homeland Insecurity protect us from terrorists. Instead of admitting the creation of a mega problem without a solution, they say everythings fine.

And they are absolutely right. We are totally safe........until that day that we aren't. And then we can kiss our asses goodbye.

idiots.

ON EDIT: Tornadoes too. What is next. And what would a tornado do to R4, or the plant, other than probably leveling it. Alice is thinking about taking a permanent vacation........in Chile. From EX_SKF

Sunday, May 6, 2012
(UPDATED with Video) Tornado in Ibaraki Prefecture Nothing seems to go right for Japan since March 11, 2011...
From Yomiuri Shinbun (5/6/2012):
* Northern part of Tsukuba City in Ibaraki Prefecture was hit by tornado at about 45 minutes past noon on May 6, 2012.
* As of 2:40PM, at least 30 houses were destroyed, 30 people injured, including heavily injured.
* About 17,000 households are without electricity.

edit on 6-5-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
From Enformable enformable.com...

The NRC is trying to push through the relicensing of Pilgrim. Yet at the same time as saying that its safe to relicense, the workers are getting ready to strike because of unsafe working conditions and poor health protection. Maybe the NRC should talk to the workers instead of the White House and the owners of Pilgrim about whether its safe to relicense.

The union that represents more than 400 of the workers at the Pilgrim nuclear plant on Plymouth has scheduled a vote this week on whether to authorize leadership to call a strike, after contract negotiations with the Entergy Corp.-owned plant have stalled over health care costs and working conditions.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Can't they just get a new crane ? Or is there some problem with using a crane to deal with the fuel rods in the pools ? I just don't understand why after a year there is no replacement crane - there has to be some issue with being unable to use one. Can someone explain as me and my partner were trying to figure out why there is no new crane ? It's not like some other country can't afford to help them out getting one ?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Unit 3 SPF....New?

Crisp...

Nuckelchen:

- Purple Chive

edit on 6-5-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
[Very Good]....Japanese Nuclear Scientist and Japanese and US medical doctors to discuss current radiological health conditions and concerns in Japan after the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactor catastrophe.

cinemaforumfukushima.org...

And we have a tsunami debris model. I would the think the billions of gallons of hyper-toxic bleeding from Daiichi would follow much the same route.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Toronto Canada...Fasciated Dandylion

They don't know...

barrysbog.blogspot.com...

Davis Ferry Park, Lafayette Indiana

Click on picture to enlarge...

lafayettereport.blogspot.com...

Grand Rapids, MI

- Purple Chive
edit on 6-5-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I've been reading loads on all this the past few days but so far have not come across any kind of map that has a stab at predicting where the radioactive particles would travel globally in the event this all blows big-time. IE if number 4 collapses, this will cause the plant to be abandoned and it's probable the whole place will go up and start releasing it's stuff, including the MOX fuel.

I'm in the UK and although 6 thousand miles away yet most articles are warning of planet-wide catastrophe. Does anyone have a clue what levels of radiation we'd get in different parts of the world ? No article I've come across mentions dispersion rates, expected concentration levels, etc. Nor how long we might have after exposure before we get diagnozed with cancer, or do people start dropping dead sooner ? I understand the 85 times more than Chernobyl but has anyone seen a map or read something that discusses the ROUTE this will take around the globe ? It's just too general , the info about this. Articles say get out of the Northern Hemisphere but do not breakdown the reasons WHY, ie what to expect.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
I've been reading loads on all this the past few days but so far have not come across any kind of map that has a stab at predicting where the radioactive particles would travel globally in the event this all blows big-time.

Cosmicpixie, there is at his moment no agency doing simulation thanks to the US, France and Japan who have shut down the sites that were providing this data. My next chapter deals with all of this and its an eye opener.

To answer your question, if an EQ, vapor explosion or another underground explosion were to set off one of the SFPs, especially R4, it would pretty much affect the entire northern hemisphere. To what level depends on what is released and the winds aloft. But the basic pattern for winds is always west to east, so any plume would travel across America before hitting Europe.

And to answer your first question about the crane and unloading the SFPs, nothing Tepco does makes sense. Had they concentrated on the R4 SFP from the beginning with the sole intent of removing the rods from the SFP they could have come up with something by now.

The bottom line is this. Militaries of the world are trained to kill people, not nurture and protect people, and most nuke plants in non armed countries are connected to the military. And I think that is the case here.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
How insane is this. The mayor of Futaba, one of the closest towns to the nuke plant, was refused medical treatment because it was radiation related. Others were refused as well. From Fukushima Diary fukushima-diary.com... =feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FukushimaDiary+%28Fukushima+Diary%29

For me the most important thing in this article is not the refusal for treatment, but that to this day the SPEEDI data for numerous towns in Fukushima and Miyagi is still not available. Thats criminal.

Idogawa, Futaba town mayor.

“I asked Japanese prime minister Noda, if he thinks Futaba citizens are Japanese people, but Japanese government submit SPEEDI data to US and concealed it from Japanese people. Even now, SPEEDI data is not given to Futaba town.

If we have had that information, we would have escaped to Sendai. We were not even informed of venting. Tepco also explained they would stop, cool down, and close the reactor in case of an accident, so it’s absolutely safe, but Fukushima accident happened. We don’t even have a place to live.

Radiation took schools, hospitals, jobs, and everything from us and everything is collapsed. I’m losing my hair and have nosebleed everyday. The other day, I asked for blood test at a hospital in Tokyo because I’m exposed but they refused it. We were even exposed and there is even no treatment, or proper inspection. Medical check up for Fukushima citizens are not detailed enough either.”

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
A moment of silence, as Japan awoke nuclear free this morning. The first industrialized country in the history of nuclear to shutdown all of their nuke plants. Now if the rest of the world would wake up and join those protesting in Japan, France and India, we can end this nightmare forever.

A photo essay of the most beautiful people in the world.

top topics

<< 1253  1254  1255    1257  1258  1259 >>

join