It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1249.htm
<< 1246  1247  1248    1250  1251  1252 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Thanks for the hilarious commentary on Unit 4 pics AC!! The Northern Hemisphere depends on this building to keep standing!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der

Video of R3 shield plug inspection

Unusual video. Worker walks in through R3 then places inspection scope into PCV shield plug gaps, to check water deposition, weird blue glow can be seen at the start. I doubt it's radioactive or the worker would probably have died right then and there. Note the 'veiny' looking black lines to the left of the main cesium/rust/bacteria stain, very unusual. I wonder if they are bacterial or not.

Obviously the design basis for a 'hydrogen' explosion was far exceeded, as proven by the whole damn plug moving out of sealed position. No way it'd be open during operation. Be like leaving the radiator cap off your car.
This said, it also further confirms main source for the explosion came within R3 PCV. If it was only an underground explosion via access elevators, external to PCV, the cap would have not pushed outwards.

Okay GR, first comment before I really look at this in the morning, because I've been out blowing things up (Lord I love my job) is this. I want to shake the hand of this person and buy them drinks until they pass out. The testicular mass/ Ovarian matter it takes to do this is something that even I, who will openly walk into a charged and ready zone to reset a charge mind you, is something that I can't even fathom.

When I go into a hot zone, I can be killed right away, these people would suffer a fate that few individuals can even fathom.

I'm honestly speechless.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

A mutated dandelion was found in Kawaguchi city Saitama. Several flowers are growing from the same stem, which is called fasciation. The stem is about 2cm width.
Associate director of the environment devision of Saitama prefecture, Mr. Okuma states, fasciation is often observed among a golden‐rayed lily or dandelion, but we hardly find such a big dandelion.

fukushima-diary.com...

that can't be good news. they found one in Tokyo as well, just wondering if it's from the radiation or not.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Thanks to those dedicated to keep the information flowing on this.
So far, my nuke alert went off on one day in south central Kansas for about 15 minutes.
That was last May and it's been quite since.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Post-crisis Japan Lingering agony

“THEY can’t be Japanese!” a journalist from Tokyo whispered caustically into your correspondent’s ear on hearing the uncharacteristic volume of shouting and heckling at a well-attended town-hall meeting. This past weekend, the Japanese parliament’s Nuclear Accident Independent Investigation Commission held a two-day hearing for villagers of Namie and Okuma, two of the evacuated towns close to the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear-power plant, which suffered a triple meltdown in March last year. On April 21st the Namie residents in Nihonmatsu, where they have been relocated since the evacuation, were shockingly outspoken. More than 13 months after the disaster, much of the news interest in Fukushima has faded. But the agony of evacuation, and the sense of helplessness and frustration that it has spawned, remain palpable.

The testimony of Namie city officials, who complained repeatedly about the lack of official information they were given as radiation levels increased during the disaster, is available online. But ordinary villagers made particularly pertinent points about the after-effects.

First, they demanded clarity on the safe level of radiation exposure, especially for children and pregnant mothers. The government has allowed the residents of some evacuated municipalities to return to areas where the annual dosage is 20 millisieverts (ie 20 mSv) or below, pending further efforts at decontamination. It has also said that some displaced residents will be able to return home during the day even where the dosage is up to 50 mSv/year. But for those with children, there remain stubborn doubts about the long-term health effects of living under such dosages. Such places include Nihonmatsu, to where many of Namie’s children have been evacuated. Radiation there, in some areas, is in the range of 5 mSv/year or higher (they have been checked only sporadically).

The International Commission on Radiological Protection says an appropriate “normal” level is 1mSv/year, over the long term.

Read the rest: www.economist.com...

People file suit opposing reactivation of Niigata nuclear plant

More than 130 people filed a suit Monday calling for a court judgment against reactivation of Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s Kashiwazaki-Kariwa nuclear power plant due to safety concerns following the crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi plant. The plaintiffs, including residents near the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa plant in Niigata Prefecture, filed the suit with the Niigata District Court, saying the safety of nuclear power plants has no longer been guaranteed in the wake of the Fukushima accident and therefore they cannot live in peace.

mainichi.jp...

The People in Nuke-Land need to do the same,
the Time for/ of Nukes is OVER,
Reclaim your Responsibility and end NPP in your Place- NOW!

edit on 24-4-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Unit 2: Pressure Keeps Going Up

Don't know if this is a good or bad thing?
March 26:

13.15 kPa g

March 31:

20.59 kPa g

April 2:

19.64 kPa g

April 3:

22.95 kPa g

April 4:

23.84 kPa g

24.70 kPa g

26.28kPa g (as of 11:00 , 4/6 )

29.12kPa g (as of 11:00 , 4/11 )

29.64kPa g (as of 11:00 , 4/16 )

30.64kPa g (as of 11:00 , 4/18 )

31.64kPa g (as of 11:00 , 4/19 )

37.64kPa g (as of 11:00 , 4/23 )

38.64kPa g (as of 11:00 , 4/24 )

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Question?? Anyone know at what pressure level should this be a concern? Intptr? You out there? Other gurus?

- Purple Chive
edit on 24-4-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

The reactor would be under this green bridge, yes?

The reactor well shot shows the yellow vessel pressure head behind, so the shot of the SFP would have to have reactor well behind camera. Would be the dryer pool then I assume? Not as familiar with the BWR5.

Well said Matador!

Possible melt-out in Fukushima Daini

Credit to Fukushima Diary and sources.

Fukushima Daini, 2F as they call, is very mysterious. Something must have happened there. 2F is that contaminated.

“Yes, true.. I wonder why it’s so contaminated. The operation floor on the top and concrete shielding plug are unbelievably contaminated. Water is even in pedestal (=The room under pressure vissel).”

A retired employee of an electric company said, “If water is in pedestal, it means pressure vessel had excessive pressure. Control rod or pipes are severely damaged. The bottom of the reactor is broken through. Like Fukushima Dai ichi, it is rational to think there was a hydrogen explosion.”

Toshiba planned to enter reactor 3 it the end of December, but they didn’t.

We had a look at Daini in the early days, explosions and fires, just no complete building damage, I guess slightly superior 'containment' systems helped this. But still, high readings were present. No doubt a partial meltdown happened there too, in at least one reactor.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Question?? Anyone know at what pressure level should this be a concern? Intptr? You out there? Other gurus?

They increased water injection level. Nitrogen injection increase is likely too, no reason they'd suddenly increase water to #2 if it didn't need it.
This is the culmination of the 'lost sensors'; another cycle of criticality.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der

They increased water injection level. Nitrogen injection increase is likely too, no reason they'd suddenly increase water to #2 if it didn't need it.
This is the culmination of the 'lost sensors'; another cycle of criticality.

Thanks GR...just found this info:

Unit 2】 April 24 At 11:59 am, because the tendency of pressure increase in the Primary Containment Vessel, we adjusted the exhaust gas flow of the PCV gas control system from approx. 17 m 3 /h to approx. 38 m 3 /h in order to decrease the pressure of PCV.

www.tepco.co.jp...

And guess TEPCO has started becoming concerned...
www.tepco.co.jp...

And just want to add how grateful to y'all...whew...we are still on pins and needles with these beasts...

- Purple Chive
edit on 24-4-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The above chart shows the amounts of fission products and actitnides present in 3 year old fuel used in a PWR.

Note that the single plutonium isotope Pu-239 is found in greater amounts than all isotopes of xenon, and twice the amount of all isotopes of cesium. The total amount of all plutonium isotopes at discharge after four years of use in a BWR is roughly 1.27%, and all fission products is roughly 5.15%. After five years in wet storage the ratio of Pu-239 (and other transuranics) to these fission products will increase and continue to do so ad infinitum for the next 500,000 years, as seen in the chart below.

---------------------------------

Chapter 18
The End Of The Beginning And The Beginning Of The End

It seems that I get amazed every day when it comes to nuclear power and nuclear weapons. Absolutely dumbfounded and amazed.

One example is how fast neutrons used for planetary destruction came into being. It took only 13 years from the discovery of the neutron to the day they unleashed the bomb.

The neutron was discovered in 1932, and a nuclear chain reaction was envisioned the next year. Nine years later in 1942 the first nuclear chain reaction was produced in the world's first nuclear reactor, then called a nuclear pile (which seems a more appropriate name), built under the bleachers of an abandoned sports field.

Enrico Fermi be damned.

Three years later supercriticality was achieved and the nuclear dragon was born. At no time were the consequences of creating plutonium or other transuranic elements studied, or even theorized. Ignorance to anything other than learning to unleash the power of the atom was the law of the land.

Even after scientists and the world saw the power fission could produce, they still didn't have a clue what they were dealing with. The year after Hiroshima and Nagasaki, as stated previously, they were playing games with nuclear warheads (the demon core) called 'tickling the dragon'. Games. Stupidity and ignorance of the highest nature.

And somewhere between then and now the nuclear industry has become full of nuclear 'experts'. People who can guarantee what any nuclear material will do under any given circumstance, with no prior experience in the conditions they are analyzing.

Only they can't. At best all they can do is make educated guesses about a subject that no one really understands.

We have come a whiskers distance from planetary oblivion quite a few times on this planet since first unleashing the dragon, but never more so than on March 14th and 15th. The explosions and eruptions that occurred those days very easily could have set off the SFPs at R1, R3 or R4. In fact, it's hard to imagine how R3's SFP survived what it went through, a nuclear explosion and then heavy equipment falling on top of it. In the 1940's experiments with the 'demon core', criticality was achieved in the first accident by merely dropping a reflective brick on the plutonium.

If the R1 or R3 SFP had gone prompt critical, from the violent jolts and intense shaking on those days, or even worse the R4 SFP collapse, most of Japan would have become uninhabitable.

Fish in the Pacific uneatable. A high standard of living in western North America untenable.

And from there a cascade of events would issue out, doing damage in ways we have never experienced on this planet before. Damage far beyond anything we dreamed the human race capable of, until now.

The Wigner Effect And The Beginning Of The End

I'm sure there are many who would call all of this the ramblings of a paranoid anti-nuclear propagandist. And they'd be right, especially since I've always been anti-nuclear and propagandizing comes naturally. The paranoid part though came recently, when Dai-ichi forced me to dive head long into all things nuclear. And what I found out did more than make me paranoid, it frightened me beyond measure. And I don't scare easily.

It all began with neutron embrittlement. This is something that should be taught in classrooms worldwide, it is that vital to the future well-being of the human race. Yet one has to look and look hard to find out about it.

And after looking and looking hard to find out about it, all I can say is........why, oh why, didn't I take the blue pill. I was so much happier in my other pre-Dai-ichi life. Now I count the days till we perish. I'm sorry if that sounds wildly hallucinatory but that's what the data is saying.

I have no background in any of this, so I don't know know if it's 100% accurate, but I think in general I've got the ballpark covered. And all I can say is hold on to your seats cause Alice just fell through the wormhole into another dimension where we blow this planet into trillions and trillions and trillions of little bits and pieces of radioactive rock. I'm just kidding of course....some of the pieces will be huge.

First a bit about neutron embrittlement. It's actually the end result of a process known as "Wigner's Disease" caused by the "Wigner Effect". This effect has to do with pushing the crystalline structures that comprise most solids, and all metals, out of alignment. Except for glass and a few other materials, all solids (i.e. minerals, sand, clay, limestone, metals, carbon, and salts) are composed of crystalline structures with the atoms of the molecule held together in an organized lattice. There is a bond that holds these atoms in place, a force, an energy, electrical and/or chemical or who knows what, I don't really understand it, but it seems to be the problem behind the effect.

They have known about Wigner's Disease since the early days of nuclear reactions. While making the plutonium at Hanford that would go into the first nuclear bombs for the Manhattan Project, large scale radiation effects were seen that no one expected. The intense neutron flux from the reactors displaced atoms in the surrounding graphite moderator and reactor fuel, causing both to swell.

The intelligentsia of the day had no idea this would happen until both the moderator, and the reactor fuel swelled. After investigation they found that if a neutron or subatomic particle had enough force, it could hit an atom in the crystalline structure of any material, and push it out of alignment, stretching it, and expanding the lattice. These dislocated atoms would still be connected to the lattice via the force that bonded them initially to it. The force exerted by the subatomic particle that causes this dislocation is retained within this stretched lattice bond in what is called elastic deformation.

These displaced atoms are called interstitials. The swelling was caused by the number of interstitials growing. As atoms were pushed out of alignment but still a part of the forces holding the lattice together, they expanded while density decreased. And as the lattices expanded, the full amount of energy creating the interstitials was being retained.

When large amounts of interstitials have accumulated they pose a risk of releasing all of their energy suddenly, creating a temperature spike. Accumulation of energy in irradiated graphite has been recorded as high as 2.7 kJ/g. This build up of energy referred to as Wigner Energy can only be relieved by heating the material. This process is known as annealing. More on that later.

The Transuranic Way To Real Alpha Decay

The Wigner Effect can be produced from the decay of an alpha particle (helium) as well as by neutron activation. The damage from an a-decay event comes from two different particles. First, there is the a-particle itself. Though an alpha particle has the highest energy output of any form of radiation, it exerts most of it's energy along its path, which is a few tens of micrometres long. It is only at the end of its trajectory that it interacts with the crystal atoms in billiard-ball fashion, causing a few hundred displacements.

Second, there is the ‘recoil nucleus’ that is left after the emission of the a-particle, for example uranium-235 following the decay of plutonium-239. This particle has a much lower energy, just 86 keV, but deposits nearly all of it through ballistic interactions along a path measured in nanometers. This short but explosive excitation path has been likened to a “cannon ball awry through a crowded dance floor” and recent studies have shown one recoil nucleus to produce as many as 5000 displacements for every a-decay event. This is known as a recoil collision cascade, and energy deposition in this recoil cascade is high, at a few eV per atom, with temperatures in its core exceeding 5,000C.

As the scientific world continued to explore this new phenomenon of displaced atoms they found the damage caused by the a-decay Wigner Effect to comprise a complex combination of defects. These include isolated defects from the a-decay, inclusion of alpha particles (helium) in the lattice, and numerous collision cascades from the recoil nucleus. They also found that as they accumulate, the defects and collision cascades interact and finally overlap, producing an amorphous material that can brake into little pieces.

Break into little pieces. Or maybe something else. Totally different. Totally unexpected. Nobody knows. We've never been here before, this world of irradiated metals. This is all new territory.

But that is what is happening to all solids that have a crystalline structure. All nuclear chain reactions occurring within any nuclear reactor have been displacing atoms and screwing up the basic structures of all metals from the instant the reactions are initiated, including to the uranium and everything else in the fuel. And neutron embrittlement not only makes things brittle, unstable and less transparent, the accumulated Wigner Energy increases exponentially the energy released should there be an explosive reaction.

Plutonium appears to be less affected by the Wigner Effect than other metals as the self-irradiation process that constitutes it's total existence seems to provide a certain amount of self-annealing and self-healing as well to it's crystalline structures. Built in protection from destroying itself. Unfortunately other metals are not as adaptive. Nor is plutonium totally out of woods depending on it's phase.

Some Like It Hot

As mentioned, the only way to get the crystal lattice defects to return to a stable state is by heating to high temperatures. For graphite this temperature needs to be greater than 250C, which means that the temperatures reached in an operating LWR reactor, between 300C and 350C, will reach temperatures high enough to cause the graphite to anneal.

However, for zirconium and many other metals, the temperature needed for annealing is greater than the temperature a reactor operates at. This is because they don't have the same type of bonds holding the lattice together as found in graphite. In order for the displaced atoms to move back into the correct lattice positions, zirconium must be heated above 500C for Zircaloys, and above 560C for Zr-2 and 600C for Zr-4.

This means that all defects acquired through the years of housing a massive and constant neutron flux are still in the cladding of all spent fuel rods made of zirconium. And more defects are happening all the time. For thousands of years. Or more.

The most notorious effect for zirconium is the fact that it becomes less transparent, and transparency is why zirconium was used in the first place, to allow the neutrons to pass through freely. Zirconium has closely packed crystal structures, and it is easier for a neutron to slide by a lattice that is closely packed. Until you kick it out of shape and it becomes elastically deformed. Then the expanded lattices take up more room blocking neutron passage.

The primary actinides found in spent fuel are the following; U-235, U-236, U-238, Pu-238, Pu-239, Pu-240, Pu-241, Pu-242, Np-237, Am-241, Am-242m, Am-243, Cm-242 and Cm-244.

Of these uranium will always comprise the major bulk of the fuel. Uranium does not self-heal itself, like plutonium. In fact, uranium does not heal itself well even when annealed at temperatures greater than needed for zirconium. Annealing defects occur, which include further swelling by as much as 20%, with pores that form in the expanded material, weakening it.

Uranium specimens annealed up to 75 hours at temperatures between 650C and 750C in the beta phase were badly cracked and contained pores of a small diameter uniformly distributed within the grains. A specimen annealed up to 16 hours at 822C decreased in density about 20 % and produced pores of large diameter located along grain boundaries as well as pores of smaller diameter.

The reactor pressure vessel is in a similar state as zirconium, though the temperatures needed for annealing are slightly less than zirconium, usually from 400C to 480C, depending on the type of reactor.

Wigner And The Nuclear Stockpile

It was a bit of a shock to learn that the actinides were affected by the Wigner Effect as well as the metals used for cladding of the fuel rods and reactor parts. Unfortunately it didn't prepare me for an even bigger shock. While researching neutron embrittlement I came across a military document that discussed the potential for embrittlement to affect the nuclear weapons stockpile. It froze me in place.

It hadn't occurred to me that the Wigner Effect and neutron embrittlement would also affect a nuclear weapons stockpile. But of course it would, and in the same ways that it affects nuclear fuel rods and reactor vessels. It makes all solids in the bomb and barriers expand, become brittle, unstable, and possessing greater stored energy than before.

The next question is how long will any of these metals like the high explosives detonator or tritium containers, survive housing with plutonium, and what happens when they go south. Which is a million dollar question.....with no answer.

The scientific world doesn't have a clue what will happen. Not in the long term. Not in the mid term. And not in the short term. All they know is that plutonium is the least affected. That's why the following paragraph's from a DOE report scared the hell out of me.

"Thus, crucial primary-stage components that were initially subject to concern have been shown through the SSP to be robust as they age. Indeed, there is now consensus among specialists that the Pu pits in the US stockpile are stable over periods of at least 50–60 years, with the most recent studies suggesting a far longer period".

The most stable thing in nuclear bombs is stable for 50-60 years, maybe longer, maybe not, and nuclear bombs are 30, 40, 50 years old and.........................

"Certain critics have expressed the view.....that it would be best to let the stockpile degrade and its stewards turn to other activities. However....the worst option is to allow the stockpile to become unsafe or unreliable".

In other words, just like a nuclear power plant, without constant maintenance, nuclear weapons worldwide will become unsafe as they approach their age of instability and...................

Bang

You're dead.

Concerning the second paragraph, one has to wonder why the thought of abandoning our nuclear stockpile would even be considered in the first place. If maintenance is needed to keep the stockpile stable and safe, there is no question what should be done. Yet DOE has to think about it.

By the way, as stated, the stockpile report above is from DOE (US Department of Energy). That's one more way the military (DOD or Dept of Defense) doesn't have to pay for something. We build the bombs, stockpile the bombs, maintain the bombs and dismantle the bombs, all on money that could be used for research into solar cells, distributed power systems or some other life saving project the DOE claims to always be funding........but doesn't. DOE is nothing more than a branch of the military and has more important things to do, like take care of fragile bombs that could destroy life on this planet.

----------------------------------

Next: Chapter Nineteen) The Day It Rained Yellow Fire In Kanto
edit on 24-4-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
We have a debris map of the #4 fuel pool.....needs translation.

ex-skf.blogspot.fr...

And some info on the diagonal crack in the south wall of #4.
www.simplyinfo.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well I came across these pics and although they might not be bursting with info, they are historically important, so I hope it's Ok with everybody.
Fuk Daiichi 1970

Somebody named Steve Kesler involved in over-seeing the project.

Crane over well.

Testing a dummy fuel assembly.

Turbines being built.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The quality of that map is HOR-REN-DOUS
but I will see what I can discern/deduce... and will post a stab at translation soon.

Word.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Big thanks to GE/Hitachi for uploading pics with text too small to read! If I can't read it, I can't translate it, but I hope this helps a bit. The push-car level may be of interest??

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Unit 2: Pressure Keeps Going Up

Don't know if this is a good or bad thing?
March 26:

13.15 kPa g

March 31:

20.59 kPa g

April 2:

19.64 kPa g

April 3:

22.95 kPa g

April 4:

23.84 kPa g

24.70 kPa g

26.28kPa g (as of 11:00 , 4/6 )

29.12kPa g (as of 11:00 , 4/11 )

29.64kPa g (as of 11:00 , 4/16 )

30.64kPa g (as of 11:00 , 4/18 )

31.64kPa g (as of 11:00 , 4/19 )

37.64kPa g (as of 11:00 , 4/23 )

38.64kPa g (as of 11:00 , 4/24 )

28.26kPa g (as of 11:00 , 4/25 )

The increased exhaust flow is helping.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Because the pressure in the Primary Containment Vessel (PCV) of Unit 2 had a tendency to increase, we adjusted an exhaust flow rate from the gas control system of the PCV to about 38 m3/h from about 17 m3/h at 11:59 am on April 24 in order to decrease the pressure in the PCV.

The vessel wall above bottom head(TE-2-3-69H2) still up there...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Just wonder what's in the stuff they are "exhausting"?

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

edit on 25-4-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Out of Target Temp Monitors Unit 1 - 3

I think the dash (-) means the temp reading is out of target....

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

What's Up With the Rad Spike in Kagoshima (Satsuma river)

new.atmc.jp...=46e65814a52daf4b9e&t=d

Also Kumamoto (Amakusa)

new.atmc.jp...=43b035d6563a2adac9&t=d

The "Glue" plant was in Waki, Yamaguchi...

new.atmc.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Rad Numbers in Fish

Dogfish looks like the next staple...wonder why they are little affected?

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

new.atmc.jp...=46e65814a52daf4b9e&t=d

PC, the new rad maps are very interesting in the url above. They reveal some of the games being played by the Japanese Govt.

As we've seen countless times the rad levels in one spot can be minuscule and 100 meters away off the charts. Its very easy for a knowledgeable person to know where the readings would be high and where they wouldn't be. Manipulation of monitoring points is an age old nuke plant game done worldwide.

Note the map of Fukushima Prefecture. There are two areas where it appears that the dragon's breath blew in the first week of the disaster, marked below. Note how these are also the areas with the least monitoring spots. This is especially true for the southwest blow. They have blanketed the coast with monitoring points, and further inland, but are avoiding the area that the initial SPEEDI readings showed were getting hit harder than other areas.

also of note is that they average out the days readings but then compare that to only yhe high reading for the normal values. If they averaged these out as well the readings would be many times greater than the normal values. For instance in the one below they show the range for normal values to be 0.037 to 0.071, but then only use the 0.071 to show how much greater than normal it is. Typical govt BS. If they averaged out the normal readings it would be 0.054 for the normal, and 39.2 is then 725 times higher than normal, not 552 times.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

I'm honestly speechless.

Me too M. I can't believe they sent someone into an area that hot. And just to look under the shield plug. Another thing I dont understand is why they didn't leave the cam in place for monitoring purposes. Or would it have been too hot for that.
edit on 25-4-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1246  1247  1248    1250  1251  1252 >>

join