It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1247.htm
<< 1244  1245  1246    1248  1249  1250 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

New TEPCO Chairman...A Lawyer...

The next Ken Feinberg...

A 64-year-old lawyer is to be the new chairman of Tokyo Electric Power, taking on the task of revamping the troubled operator of Japan’s crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant, officials said Thursday.

The government hopes Shimokobe will take the lead in turning around the utility, which is struggling due to massive compensation payments following last year’s nuclear accident.

www.asiaone.com...

And from BBC:

Bailout fund official Kazuhiko Shimokobe will take over at the troubled Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) from the current chairman, Tsunehisa Katsumata.

www.bbc.co.uk...

TEPCO Press Release:

The Japanese Government announced that Mr. Shimokobe was appointed as a new chairman of TEPCO. He understands our business situation as the committee chairman of "TEPCO Management and Finance Investigation Committee" and the committee chairman of "Nuclear Damage Liability Facilitation Fund". From now, we believe that he leads to reconstruct our company. Regarding our new management structure, we will consult with the new chairman.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Yup folks...it's all about money...

- Purple Chive
edit on 19-4-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
April 8th 012, looking north.

mainichi.jp...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
A great report.

And some great film of demo at fuk. 3 minute mark, I think the lower a section of roof.

I was watching the cam last night when the 5.2 and 4.7 happened. Both were pretty close and shallow, but it's hard to tell how much the cam is shaking, and how much is Daiichi shaking?

neic.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
A MUST watch.

The press conference, Hit CC for subtitles.
The source

enenews.com... ushima-daiichi-14-reactors-total-dai-ni-onagawa-tokai

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

To AC and Ghostr1der, I figured it out, only 11 months after these peeps did. Sorry to divert things when all I had to do was check my bookmarks. Its the Reactor Head Tensioner, mangled but almost exactly where it should be.

www.houseoffoust.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Slide Show of Unit 2

www.flickr.com...
www.simplyinfo.org...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
reply to post by Silverlok

As far as I know the whole idea of the cap being there came from Goddard looking at heat signitures.
www.youtube.com...

We covered these thermals about 800 pages ago, and even if we had not the temperature readings , from the ministry of defense ( low res intermittent and changing scale ), are not consistent with visual steam offs, ambient temperature "standards' ( and humidity at the coast which is always factor) and physical placements of the cranes and caps.also the concrete cap was , ...by design ...in two pieces : to be vaporized ( to absorb energy in the event of explosion ) , which means a (*importantly*: self generated) pressure wave of a speed and magnitude believed impossible by the engineers we know did happen because the U.S. military drone showed us one half of the intact (concrete) cap laying on one of the exposed floor levels.

that and the temperature gradients in the thermals are not consistent with steam , vent hole, behavior., steam generation behavior on the other hand fits the cap off hypothesis.

after all this time we should have some decent pictures of the inside of three...at the cap. hi-res , recent thermals would be nice too .

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Thanks purple. I looked at this some time ago and was hoping this was "The Thing on the 5th floor" I think this goes over the whole cap so it would be too big, in size. Other than that, this seems more like an octagon at the top rail, as opposed to the double circular top rings on our thing. Also there are no 45 degree support braces that we see on our thing either. I even did a zoom to see if this inner part of it, could be the thing?
Also, the way the floor is squeezing our thing, I'm sure it came up from below, somewhere. Just my gut feeling, though.

Our thing.

No cigar either.

The PDF with the clear charts from that press conference above.
pr.bbt757.com...

Some old info on other problems, we were not told about by professor Potato face last year, but he assures us that everything is tickity-boo now at all the "Other" nuke plants they have been lying about, for a year. What a confidence builder ole Professor spud head is, eh?
I know. I'm being snarley...
You know as soon as he mentioned Higashadori, I thought of the April 7th flash from Sendai City, looking north at night.
Also he seems to have admitted a meltdown at #4 Diaiichi, if I caught that right. Some of you are much better at reading between the lines at what he is..... and isn't saying about current ongoing problems, so I will humbly await your thoughts....and daydream....

See...Snarley..

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm sorry for the mix-up, SS.I was looking at the cap removing machine instead of the name beside it.
The robot film of unit #2 is out on u-tube.

And some new footage in this news report in the first half..

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

TEPCO's Rpt on Fish Radiation Levels

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Unit 2: Temp Readings

www.tepco.co.jp...

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Fukushima Daiichi: Inside the debacle

In the first hours and days following the earthquake and tsunami, investigators have found TEPCO personnel made also critical mistakes—a couple of which are still unexplained.

One involved a critical piece of equipment, known as an isolation condenser, which keeps the water level in the reactor constant even if offsite electricity is lost. On the night of March 11, TEPCO operators at the plant site belatedly recognized that the system was not functioning, and then once they did, tried and failed to open up manually a valve that had been closed.

The assumption that the system was working delayed the decision to "vent", or depressurize, the reactor unit, a mistake that, in the eyes of the government's interim report, led to the first huge hydrogen explosion at reactor one the afternoon of March 12. The independent Funabashi report also questions why it took seven hours from the time Prime Minister Kan approved the plan to vent to the first attempt to execute it. All the while, more hydrogen was leaking into the reactor building.

Conditions inside the plant—and confusion just outside of it— may have precluded swifter action.

Yoshida had ordered his team to make preparations to vent reactors one and two shortly after midnight, and Kan, the Prime Minister, approved the plan at around 1:30am. But there was no procedure to operate the vent valves without power, so Yoshida's operators had to figure out on the fly how to do so manually—and then take potentially fatal risks to try to make it work. At the same time, the government wanted to make sure residents who still remained in the area around of the plant were evacuated. It would be several hours before that happened, in part because the residents had no idea in which direction they were to flee.

Shortly after 9 in the morning of March 12, Yoshida dispatched the two teams.

Both had volunteered to go into the reactor, knowing that radiation levels were dangerously high. Each headed to different sections to open critical valves. The first team succeeded and quickly withdrew. But as the second team entered, their "dose rates" — their exposure to radiation—immediately spiked. One of the operators was instantly exposed to 106 millisieverts of radiation, above the 100 "emergency dose limit" mandated by TEPCO. The team was pulled out immediately, having failed to open the necessary valves to reduce pressure in the reactor. It took until 2:30 that afternoon—almost 24 hours after the earthquake —for venting of reactor one to commence.

Just over an hour later, at 3:36, the massive explosion shook the site.

tech.fortune.cnn.com... %2Fmoney_topstories+%28Top+Stories%29

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

hydrogen venting into the Atmophere,,and not??? expecting it too go Boom????,,and the Logic here would be???

gee,,
even ordinary hot water /steam boilers in everyday households,factories ,etcc,
are not allowed too vent harmfull things into the atmoshere,,
maybe someone in the
Heating Industry Trade,
should take a look at a practice us professionals call,,

FAIL SAFE ,, design,,,

since when does a boiler "VENT" to reduce boiler pressure,,in the case of an,, Emergency Over Pressure
have a manual "SHUT OFF Valve"????/,,

boiler 101 ,,,of the
"Boiler Pressure Vessle" Code allow this,,design flaw?,,or any of the numerous other design flaws???

nuclear industry,,i forgot.

ge

GE
hydrogen venting into the Atmophere,,ya that sounds safe,,,

damn.

Me.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Do you understand the Term: "Harm Reduction"?

Many People always think they done this by a free Will
but i think this is in a way very ignorant
because in my Opinion they had no other Choice
and exactly this must be one of the major Targets
in the argumentation against the use of Nuclear Energy
because there are not many other forms of Accidents
where you have no Choice,
maybe only in the Gen-Technology!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
A great report.

And some great film of demo at fuk. 3 minute mark, I think the lower a section of roof.

I was watching the cam last night when the 5.2 and 4.7 happened. Both were pretty close and shallow, but it's hard to tell how much the cam is shaking, and how much is Daiichi shaking?

neic.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...

AC, here is a written version of the same report.

www.eurasiareview.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Crop from:
www.sdnyw.cn...
Size: 3125 × 2309
Type:705KB JPG

Bit compressed but better than we have been using. It is definitely a crane type attachment. My apologies.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Interesting...Monitoring Post "Improvement"

・MP-3~7 are surrounded by forests and are influenced by nearby woods.

So scrape off the soil and build a wall...

・MP-3, 8 are influence by the surface (MP-8 is influenced by nearby slope observatory.

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

"Influenced"...uhumm...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Whew...Is This For Real?

From Fuku Dairy...

y

All I know is that when the monsters started blowing up...it was like slow motion....TV on...kids seeing Mommy with mouth open and expletives...many expletives....

Horror...

My purple chives are blooming again...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Whew...Is This For Real?

From Fuku Dairy...

y

All I know is that when the monsters started blowing up...it was like slow motion....TV on...kids seeing Mommy with mouth open and expletives...many expletives....

Horror...

My purple chives are blooming again...

- Purple Chive

So more children on the way if you are blooming again ! !??

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

TEPCO's Rpt on Fish Radiation Levels

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

After looking up the fish that tested high, they appear to either be bottom fishers, or they consume things that are bottom fishers, or did I miss something?

Look, I JUST started to like Shrimp.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1244  1245  1246    1248  1249  1250 >>

join