Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1244
<< 1241  1242  1243    1245  1246  1247 >>

join

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
For z. This must be afternoon of March 14th. #3 has blown. There is NO damage to the north wall of #4, but we can clearly see it smokin on its own. Not sure if this was ever up?

WTC7 strikes again. They really didn't want to put a clear satellite shot on did they?

©DigitalGlobe, 14th march.

Originally posted by Aircooled
And for GR, I found one more shot of our strange concrete pour at #1. Taken in early July and released some time in October. Quite a lip around the pour.

Someone really has a subsidence issue to hide by the looks of that, concrete cap over a huge crack in the ground. Or perhaps there was something nasty leaking from it as we have heard accounts?

Thanks for the kind words and pictures. You've just put me down very two interesting lines of investigation, I'll keep everyone posted over the next day or so. Z/SFA you will be especially interested.

There's now an english version with much higher quality pictures on tepco site.

Looks like the fuel rods were squished together, without graphite moderators. Which means some lovely melts no doubt. Another great, earthquake/explosion proof design from the nuclear industry.
edit on 14/4/12 by GhostR1der because: added more/formatting

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

thank u,,,and in return,,,

ajw.asahi.com...

not good,,but u might want too know this.

Me.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well, we have hot rain in St Louis, which means I might get it tonight or tomorrow.

And we have hot rain in Southern England

And in southern Brazil.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

We had a sudden hail shower last week (Tuesday). It came down very fast and was gone within a few minutes. I was driving when it started and by the time I had parked it was sunny again. When I got out I noticed a very stong salt/seaside smell. I commented on it to my mother, who was with me at the time, and she had noticed it too. As the rain dried up in the sun, which was very warm, the smell disappeared.

What followed was a conversation about where our rain had come from. I didnt mention Fuku, but the thought had occurred to me - one which I havent had for a year.

Will we be fearing the rain in the future? Its a strange (and sad) concept to think about.

Here in the UK we are having a drought so the rain will be welcomed by many - but is this a mixed blessing?
edit on 14/4/2012 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I don't belief anymore in this Rain Readings
www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

Gave us a good Explanation why they are not what they look alike,
we need to look for the Long Lives and for this we need to observe
this Data for a long Time-Frame,
this is the only Way to get a accurate Measurement which would
stand as a Evidence!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Fukushima accident: Criticism hits Japan's plan to restart nuclear reactors

TOKYO: Japan's plan to restart two offline nuclear reactors came under fire today from media and environmental groups amid doubts over the safety of atomic power after the Fukushima accident.

"It is hard to understand why the government is in such a haste to restart the reactors," the major daily Mainichi Shimbun said in an editorial, adding that more thorough checks were needed to ensure safety.

The government of Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda announced on Friday that it was safe and necessary to restart the reactors at the Oi nuclear power plant in western Japan, which could help prevent power shortages in the summer months. Only one of Japan's 54 reactors -- in northernmost Hokkaido -- is in operation at present, but it is scheduled to be shut down for maintenance work in May.

economictimes.indiatimes.com... 674500.cms

Japan may be 'momentarily' without nuclear power

Japan may go "momentarily" without nuclear power next month when the only one reactor still in operation shuts down for maintenance work, the country's industry minister warned Sunday.

Yukio Edano made the comment as the government prepared to restart two offline nuclear reactors amid criticism from media and environmental groups sceptical over the safety of atomic power after the Fukushima accident.

"The number of nuclear reactors operating across the country may go down to zero, perhaps momentarily, from May 6," he said in a seminar in Tokushima, western Japan. The government of Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda announced on Friday that it was safe and necessary to restart the reactors at the Oi nuclear power plant in western Japan, which could help prevent power shortages in the summer months.
---
But it was not certain if and when the government could gain approval from regional authorities around the Oi plant for the reactors to be restarted amid persistent public distrust.

"Without nuclear reactors, it is understandable that there will be considerable strain on many areas in this summer," Edano added. Edano on Saturday called on the governor of Fukui, where the Oi plant is located.

The governor, Issei Nishikawa, did not give an immediate response to his request for approval of the plan. But the major daily Mainichi Shimbun said Sunday: "It is hard to understand why the government is in such a haste to restart the reactors."

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Unit 2: Another Temp Guage Broken

The last posted reading was Friday, going up but not erratic:

www.tepco.co.jp...

enenews.com...

Time and time again...TEPCO doesn't like the temp reading...they zap it and say it has failed. Such a crock of sh!t.

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

The Reason for this may be all the Salt-Water, the Explosions, etc., etc.

In the last Week i researched a little bit about Electricity again
(i posted the Report a few days ago)
this is really crazy, a Power-Plant failed because of broken Energy Lines
and this broken Circuit is one of the major Reasons why all this happened!

It is really like the old Speech: Even the strongest Chain is only as strong as the ........

In May i need to fly to good old Europe (Lisboa and Amsterdam)
and i think i may do a real Check for Radiation
by a Non-Japanese Laboratory,
not that i think that i accumulate already dangerous Levels
but to see the Reality of the amount!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

That's ok, human I don't believe in Berkeley either. They've been caught lying and rigging samples 4 times. You might as well throw tepco radiation readings at me, to make your case.
I noticed you don't test rain? Have I missed your food/supermarket tests? In fact you don't seem to go looking for radiation at all, do you? Why is that? How about some readings next to one of those stacks burning radioactive garbage? Too much trouble? Afraid you might actually find something? You're on the ground there. YOU could be doing great investigation work, instead of showing us readings on dry grass, under a tree, somewhere? You have what? 30 videos showing nothing? That speaks volumes right there. Ever get up at 3am to wipe down your winshield or porch railing, to test your rain? I have.
My last rain sample stayed hot for 3 hrs. and I turned the geiger off because frankly I was bored and the batteries were dead. I have just learned how to stitch videos together now, so I will be able to film segments of some long term testing of samples. This will include covering the sample with pre-measured aluminum foil folded 8 or 10 times and even a piece of 20 gauge steel. I have already done this off camera. The numbers barely dropped, so I'm sure it was pure gamma {Correct me if I'm wrong gang} I was getting.
Human, you lost me when when you waltzed in here and told us we shouldn't read fukushima diary.
Lets just compare what ole Moch has uncovered compared to you.....
Everytime you see bad news you don't like, you start yelling fake. First with fukushima diary, and now with independent, civilian radiation checkers.
You chose to throw your objectivity away, rather than admit to yourself, the world wide damage being done here, by fukushima and god knows how many other secret meltdowns, in Japan, that we don't hear about.
Don't ask the rest of us to do the same.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

TOKYO — Hoping to avert potentially devastating summer power shortages, Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda said Friday that his government would seek to restart two nuclear reactors, in what would be a first step toward ending an almost complete shutdown of the nation’s nuclear power industry. Mr. Noda declared units No. 3 and No. 4 at the Ohi Nuclear Power Plant in western Japan to be safe based on the results of computer simulations designed to check the reactors’ tolerance of a large earthquake and tsunami like those last year that knocked out cooling systems at the Fukushima Daiichi plant. The resulting meltdowns and explosions spewed radiation across a wide area of northeastern Japan and the Pacific Ocean in the worst nuclear accident since the one at Chernobyl a quarter century earlier. Mr. Noda now faces the tricky task of convincing skeptical local leaders and voters in Fukui prefecture, where the Ohi plant is located, that it is safe to turn the reactors back on. Public concerns about safety after the Fukushima accident have prevented Japan from restarting any of its nuclear reactors as they have been gradually taken offline for legally mandated maintenance checks.

found this and hadent seen it posted (but it is a big thread) so it seems they are getting ready to restart alot of the reactors that have been shut down since the quake in an effort to provide power during the summer months to japan after they have been operating on 1/3rd power for months...i hope the quakes dont mess with them once they get turned on as it seems that japan is not outta the woods yet as far as large eq's go

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I would be guessing but I'll say there is about 60 ft {20 meters} below our sight line, in this pic, so this would be a light/flash/fire of large size. I still havent found any film of this screen cap from yesterday.

fukushima-diary.com...

Rads picked up after.
fukushima-diary.com...

For what it's worth I sent this to our bud "The Fin" and his answer was "smeltting of Pu-239 and kalium K-37 in the bedrock.
Some other thoughts on this would be that SW corner where they lower the wrapped drums, from the orange crane on to that lead shielded truck, with the cement box on the back. Maybe they dropped one?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The above is my rendition of what the nuclear industries response will be concerning safety associated with nuclear power after Fukushima.

And now a word from our sponsors.

"Concentrations of plutonium-239 and -240 in lagoon water, due to the plutonium in the lagoon sediments, have been decreasing and this trend is expected to continue in the short term. However, they are predicted to rise slightly in a few thousand years, as plutonium is released from the test cavities and migrates to the lagoons,"

IAEA from a report on post explosion radionuclide release.

Criminal Action Number 2) Presenting Important Data In Illogical Or Unreadable Fashion, Thereby Preventing An Honest Evaluation Of The Dangers Present

The above from the conclusion of an IAEA report is classic doublespeak. They did a study on current radionuclide release from underground explosions in the South Pacific. Above they appear to be saying that Pu is magically disappearing from the environment. Levels are decreasing. Good news, yes?

Not really. In reality the levels of the long lived transuranics are pretty much the same, they've just found a better resting place. The heavier particles, especially hitchhikers that have latched on to sediment, have sunk onto the lagoon floor, which one would expect.

But they don't mention that levels have increased in bottom sediments. At least not in the abstract or the conclusion section, which is what people usually read that don't want to slog through a bunch of equations and confused thinking.

This is the typical criminally irresponsible form of lying that agencies regulating nuclear power do day in and day out. Highlight the positives and ignore the negatives. Sometimes subtly like the above, wording things in ways to confuse, and sometimes blatantly like the billboards that tout nuclear power as a non carbon producing energy source that is good for the planet and good for us.

That it's a plutonium, strontium, cesium, transuranic, actinide radionuclide producing energy source is left off the billboard.

Global warming is indeed a serious concern, but one that could be corrected through conservation, changing how we live, distributed power systems and alternative energy sources.

Transuranics are pretty much forever. There is no cure. Once in the environment they will react with other substances to produce unknown chemical bonds. Billions of different kinds of molecules that never before existed. Doing what, only God knows.

The above quote also paints a rosy picture of future plutonium contamination. In a few thousand years it gets released. Not now. Not a hundred years from now. Only after a few thousand years will it be released. You know, like from prison. Nothing for us to worry our pretty little heads about.

A simple rule of thumb on the thousand year stuff. Plutonium and transuranics didn't exist 80 years ago. Nobody has even the slightest idea how plutonium will react to it's surroundings, or visa versa, in the thousand year time frame. We don't know what it's doing now, let alone what it's going to do a thousand years from now.

Another point of concern. Forget that plutonium isotopes are among the most dangerous of radioactive particles. In terms of acute toxicity alone, Pu is many times more toxic than anthrax. If anthrax were spread throughout the countryside for hundreds of miles by someone, even if it was an accident, the offending party would be in jail. Or at least in front of a court or tribunal. They certainly wouldn't still be in business and be given billions of dollars in basically free money to keep going. Would they?

Oh wait a minute......capitalism......never mind.

-----------------------------

Chapter 16)
Danger Will Robinson, Danger

This is the rest of the scenario that began with the nuclear explosion underground. As stated, after the R3 blast Fukushima was sitting on top of a lake of highly radioactive molten material and superheated gases cooking away deep underground. I believe at this stage numerous physical processes took place to set the stage for the next week.

A few hours after the blast the melted tunnel system cooled and formed a hard crust below the reactor buildings. This plugged up the reactions that were creating intense heat in Lake Moltenmass and turned it into a pressure cooker.

R3 then acted somewhere between a cryptodome that was venting periodically or a fumarole. A cryptodome is a mound caused by the accumulation of viscous magma just beneath the surface. A fumarole is a vent, usually along the flank of a volcano.

As pressure built up in Lake Moltenmass, it would blow out the cooled plug and emit intense heat, gases and smoke, and occasionally molten material. Everything emitted was off scale radioactive.

Then the tunnel would seal again until pressure built and the next burst occurred. Sometimes it stayed open for long periods. Other times it plugged back up instantly. In this process it created vent paths through the melted and reformed rubble mass behind the north wall of R3. By the 17th the vent path had moved south from the north wall along the west wall 10 feet or more into the building. The capture below is of the 17th during the four helicopter water dumps. The wind was blowing too hard from the north to allow for a successful mission, but it did show where the heat source was.

By the 21st it was now venting from the northeast corner and east wall as seen in the photo of dark smoke issuing from R3 on that day.

Intense heat was vented throughout this time period, and there is a video that shows lava type bursts from R3 as late as the 17th (analyzed later). At the same time, the corium that had been left behind in the RPV and PCV was flash boiling the seawater coolant, adding to the steam cloud. The SFP was only just reaching the steam production level, but would constitute the majority of emissions by the end of April.

I think there were two different types of eruptions that occurred at both R3 and R4. Explosive ones like this lava burst;

And bursts through thin skinned crust. (The following photo isn't truly representative, as the skin is on top of a bed of lava, but it does convey the image of a thin skinned condition).

In the first 72+ hours after the nuclear explosion under R3, explosive eruptions occurred when the tunnel plugs cooled for a long enough time to seal hard and turn the pressure cooker up. My guess is one of these explosive eruptions occurred underground around 21:00 on the 14th allowing ongoing venting from R3.

From 21:00 until early morning on the 15th, R3 emitted massive amounts of radionuclides. Coinciding with this release the wind changed direction and started blowing the contamination south instead of east out over the ocean. Towards millions of people who didn't know what was coming and were told that everything was fine, nothing to worry about. Nothing at all.

I suspect that this period was the main source of vaporized plutonium release to the atmosphere, even more so than during and right after the initial explosion. Lake Moltenmass was much hotter than a volcano. And PuO has a much lower vapor temperature than other plutonium oxides. And if the explosion was indeed in a plutonium production room, the initial blast was muted and most of the plutonium did not fission and go bang. Instead it got vaporized. After the blast it was a predominant tenant in the cavity gases.

If radiation trends are any indication, sometime after 3:00 on the 15th the tunnel to R3 sealed with a strong seal. At this point a great deal of pressure built up underground. Around 6:00 Lake Moltenmass found a second avenue of escape, the tunnel system leading up to R4.

The diagram below originally depicted the underground nuclear lab in South Dakota called the Deep Underground Science and Engineering Laboratory (DUSEL). I have stolen it because it somewhat fits Fukushima, though with a completely different scale. For illustration purposes only. The admin building below isn't the main one for the plant, but the long building west of the R1/R2 switching yard.

Also, I am beginning to suspect there is a tunnel system connection to R6, though probably not a primary shaft as shown below. That would answer the mysteries of both the high tritium seen in the water there, and the high discharges of numerous radionuclides into the ocean from that area. With R5/R6 in cold shutdown, there shouldn't be high levels of tritium anywhere near there.

The above maps the explosion at R4. Except it wasn't really an explosion. I have a feeling the seismic data that INPO accessed would tell a different story, and would show that it was a series of eruptions close together that rocked the building from below. As superheated gases under intense high pressure broke through the final barrier (like double steel doors), the building shook violently. This bursting through is also the loud explosion heard from within the plant at this time.

On the 15th another peculiar thing happened. Data started disappearing. And now there is little to go by as far as official word concerning the bizarre happenings that day. One reason, of course, is that it was such a chaotic period. Evacuations were taking place everywhere around the plant with only a skeleton crew manning essential positions.

But that doesn't abolish the fact that what was said that day by Tepco, workers on site in the morning, and government agencies with knowledge of onsite conditions, has been removed from the web. Numerous important articles have disappeared from the web, as well as videos of the fire and smoke from R4 and the SDF early morning flyover that day. Everything changed on the 15th. Tepco and the SDF were far too exposed and needed to start recreating reality fast.

This is the only press release from Tepco that day that has survived to this day and that dealt with the situation at Dai-ichi.

"At approximately 6:00am, a loud explosion was heard from within the power station. Afterwards, it was confirmed that the 4th floor rooftop area of the Unit 4 Nuclear Reactor Building had sustained damage".

"Plant conditions as well as potential outside radiation effects are currently under investigation"....."Simultaneously, the surrounding environment is being kept under constant surveillance".

This press release is a bold faced lie. There was no serious monitoring or investigation onsite in the beginning, nor would there be until later in the month. And monitoring didn't begin offsite until the 16th, and then only with spotty coverage by MEXT. And "constant surveillance". Oh yeah, right. Tepco is ever vigilant. How could we have missed that.

(It should be noted at this time that on the 15th there were numerous press releases for conditions at Dai-ichi issued by Tepco. These were discussed on forums at the time. These discussions, and notes that I took, or the only indications I can find that show these press releases ever existed).

It should also be noted that at this time NISA issued a press release that stated "It is not clear that the 6am sounds were explosions in the usual sense". Which I always thought a funny phrase. And one of those little tidbits that begged a follow up question from the press, but never got it. You know, like "and in what sense we're they like an explosion then, if not the usual one"? Instead the MSM robotoids sat there, took notes and waited for the next bit of information from Tepco's forked tongue.

(Unless the url was changed, this press release has also since disappeared).

Though it wasn't really an explosion, it was an intense release of energy, hot gases and molten material that exploded through R4 and rocked the ground for miles around. And made a big bang. And scared everyone sh!teless.

The violent shaking that accompanied the R4 eruption/explosion is the reason why panels appear shaken loose from the building while still clinging to the rebar, as seen in the pictures below. This condition is not indicative of a gas explosion inside the reactor building as Tepco claims occurred.

The most violent shaking occurred a fraction of a second before an intense pressure wave hit the interior of the building. Crumpled debris is found on every floor. Railings are bent multiple directions, not providing a clear indication of the source. I believe the wave broke through all three avenues of escape at the corners at once, ie the northwest elevator shaft, the northeast stairwell and the southeast spent fuel elevator shaft.

It is also possible that the initial UC/R3 explosion had weakened the barriers from the UC into R4, allowing a small amount of volatile gases to escape from the underground cavity and collect in R4 prior to the explosive eruption. These ignited when the super heated pressure wave hit as well, but the shaking a second before had opened the building up to the atmosphere, and limited the effects of these gas ignitions to certain areas (ie inner rooms where pressures could momentarily build to intense levels).

Hotter Than Hades On A Cold Winter Day

The heat signatures seen in both R3 and R4 are as mysterious as the rest of Fukushima until one considers the source being from underneath the reactor buildings and needing to come up from around the sides of the torus. This is especially true for R4, where the only heat source would have been the SFP. In a previous chapter we explored the two primary heat signatures at R3, the northwest and southeast corners. Those are the same primary areas affected at R4. The other area showing heat damage at R3 is the northeast corner, similar once again to R4.

This is another area where journalists of the world dropped the ball. Look at the picture below of R4 (not to scale and rough locations). If there had been an SFP fire, there would be melted steel above the SFP. Only there isn't. Zero. Zip. Nada. Instead you have intense heat damage to the whole north, with the northwest corner being hardest hit, and intense heat damage to the southeast corner. Since there were two fires reported at R4 and both were in the northwest corner, where did the heat damage seen at the southeast and northeast corners come from.

And once again the world's MSM journalists went dumb. Never a peep. How pathetic is that. I can almost see the memo they were sent. "Write down whatever Tepco says and don't ask questions!"

Now compare the three primary heat signatures with the position of the torus/wetwell. Note especially the curve of the roof beams one panel in from the north wall, mirroring the shape of the torus.

The heat signature in the southeast corner should have especially raised eyebrows and questions from the world's journalists. There was an intense heat emitted here, but only along the eastern part of the south wall. This heat signature is not above the SFP. It is only right along the wall's edge, 10 feet from the SFP. Above the SFP there is no sign of heat damage whatsoever.

Lava, Lava Everywhere And Not A Drop To Drink

The primary explosion at R4 around 6-ish did not emit alot of radiation as it sealed itself almost instantly. What it did do was leave behind a mass of oozing molten material out the north wall where the shaft comes up to. For sometime this was known as poolium on certain forums and blogs, as people thought that it had come from the SFP that had cracked open and gone dry, caught fire and melted. Since the SFP was shown to have not cracked open and melted a few days later, as well as being on the other side of the building, this material should be renamed. Since it was from a wide assortment of whatever constitutes the UC, as well as some of R4, I thought of it as melted Fukushima, hence, Fukushimium, or F'ium for short. Spelled effium. What the hell.

Other than the classic pic of effium oozing out the north wall, I believe there was one, and maybe two other expulsion points that occurred at this time. The pic below of the southeast corner shows alot of material that appears to be slag on the lower part of the reactor building. It also shows melted metal down the wall of the main reactor building. It's very curious how a heat source could melt metal but not leave any heat signature ten feet away, unless there was a flame thrower effect shooting straight up along the wall.

A few hours later after the initial burst had sealed itself, everything changed. The fire that broke out in the northwest corner on the 15th, as seen in the earlier photo from Chapter 13, resembled the flame seen in the R3 explosion. If not for the strong wind that was blowing at the time, the flame front would have been directly vertical above the northwest corner.

This heat mass would emit a great amount of radionuclides, especially activation products. For the two plus hours that it flamed on, the surface winds and winds aloft changed course many times, contaminating wide areas of the surrounding environment, the same areas that were said to be under constant surveillance and not affected.

This was the dragon at some of it's worst, and why Tepco and the SDF pulled back from the plant and regrouped. Why this event produced such high levels of radiation is a mystery. Since Tepco and the SDF refuse to release monitoring data or thermal imagery that was taken during this period, instead feigning ignorance, we will probably never know what the R4 fire consisted of, how long it lasted for, or how wide the flame front was.

The only thing we know for sure is that it wasn't an oil fire.

I am assuming that at some point the flame died down allowing the melted tunnel to reseal. This is why the fire disappeared so quickly. However, the molten cavity would continue to emit radioactive smoke clouds for the next 7 days from both R3 and R4, though diminishing with time, and eventually replaced by smoke and steam from the PCV and SFPs.

Not Your Average Truck Stop

There is one mystery from this day that will probably never be solved. Not sure what they were up to with this one. They desperately tried to get something out of R4 between the time of R3 and R4 exploding.

Actually the scenario began even earlier than any other disaster at Dai-ichi. It started right after the EQ when they sent two Tepco/SDF employees to the R4 TB when everyone else was being evacuated to higher ground at the plant expecting a tsunami. These are the two that died from the tsunami and were said to have been found in the R4 TB for sometime. Then one day this was changed to the R3 TB with no feasible explanation given. And I regarded this as all the other 'after the fact' modifications made by Tepco/SDF. Someone told the truth and Tepco/SDF had to modify this to fit in with all their other lies.

They sent two people to R4 to check on something. Yet R4 was not operating at the time. Would could be so important to send workers to a basement of a shutdown reactor when a tsunami was expected after the worst EQ that area had ever seen.

Then, before R3 blew they broke into the big metal hanger type door on the ocean side of the R4 turbine building (TB). At the time Tepco said they were looking for a water source when the original source of seawater dried up and they were interested in the water in the R4 basement. But they didn't proceed with that operation for an unexplained reason.

Then, in the early morning hours after R3 blew they pulled a truck with a crane into R4 and were either in the process of leaving or just arriving as R4 blew.

The first picture shows The R4 truckbay doors closed one minute before R3/UC blew. The second shows the truck with cargo in back, caught in the crossfire. Later they would remove the cargo and push the truck to the side.

The contents of the container on the truck is a mystery I hope someday is revealed, as well as what happened to the driver, and any other workers involved in this operation when the radioactive superheated pressure wave hit.

In the next chapter Ill put together frames from an amazing video that shows R3 erupting on the 17th, when Tepco said it was quieting down. Curioser and curioser.

Next
Chapter 17) Hell Hath No Fury Like A Neutron Scorned
edit on 15-4-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-4-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

"capture below is of the 17th during the four helicopter water dumps."
yes
i remember talking to a member here on ATS,
we discussing different senario's too prevent complete,,boom,,,
i mentioned,, waterbombers,,like the forresty guys
use,,he replied and i quote "ya better than a bunch of guys hanging upside down, from helicopters
with buckets"
It was a very tense situation,,at this time,,nobody knew what would happen,,,
would dropping a couple tons of water on an open nuclear power plant boiling dry, emmiting radiation so high that the first chopper could NOT get close enough,,
and these guys were ALL VOLUNTEER believe u me,, my hats off to them,,
hope there all still ok,,

the members name was CHIKOTA? or something like that,,

Anyway it was after the 4th helicopter i mentioned carefull with the weight of water their boys,,,

,,it was ascarey night,,,

ME..thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Wow. A great, new, clear look at reactor #4. The round ejection with the 45 degree supports, is still sitting there. Probably because it's wedged under the floor. This clearly shows it can't be the cap removing machine. Too small.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Is it just me or does this looked 'staged'?

Correct me if i'm wrong but this 'should' be an ouside shot right? This is not in a building right?

Then why does it 'look' like the sky/clouds are painted on a wall behind the most left building? I think i even see the 'shadow' of the building on the sky/clouds!

Again i could have it wrong, but this looks staged inside somehwere to mislead people. Just wanted to put this out there and let people look at it who have been following this over the time.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

But the explanations for the Rain-Samples are very logical and comprehensible,
of course Berkley is just the first Step but you need to dig deeper and read more,
i still go conform with the Statement that we, with our Cheapies, can't test Rain Water and Food,
this is the reason why i don't do it anymore!

And the People can go on and on to call me Shill or what so ever because
everyone need to know by and for them self,
we cant delegate our own personal Responsibility to other People!

In all the Month Post-Fukushima we had enough Time to develop our own Thoughts,
you have, Zword have and i, of course, too.
I enjoy the Brain Storming from everyone because always i find some truth in it,
i do not go 100% conform with Zword but i like his Ideas and Stories, this is the
reason why he get always a Star Rating from me, i like Purplechieves input
because she keep on track of the physical Data, i like all the other Permas
and i like your readings too
but i try to explain why this Readings do not work, anyway you get a Star too
because you are showing Initiative, this is what we need!

We will be unable to find Solutions for all the Problems without a kind of "Interbreed"
of all of our Ideas but we need to be free in our Thoughts

I hope this is understandable!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Tepco released something new:

Press Release (Apr 16,2012) General Plan and Start of Main Work of the Cover for Fuel Removal of Unit 4 in Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station

Based on "Mid-to-Long-Term Roadmap towards the Decommissioning of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 1-4" which was announced on Dec. 21, 2011, we started the preparation work for the installation of the cover for fuel removal of Unit 4 on Mar. 23, 2012. We would like to inform that we will start the main work for the installation of the cover for fuel removal on Apr. 17. As the first step of the main work, we will conduct the foundation improvement work in order to strengthen the foundation which supports the foundation of the frame for supporting the crane which is a part of the cover for fuel removal. At the same time, we will conduct the countermeasure to prevent rainwater from penetrating into Unit 4 Reactor Building.

Attachment: General plan of the cover for fuel removal of Unit 4 in Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (PDF 121KB)

www.tepco.co.jp...

And one more Time of the Radiation Measurements regarding to AC.:

I cant go to a Burning Facility because we do not know when they burning their Stuff
also i belief that this is mostly harmless to do so, the danger from Toxic Material
is much higher, i gave up to test Food because it is impossible with my Instruments
be we have a good One in our Pta-Group which also have well established Connections
to Pta-Groups who owned a real Spectrograph, until now they are not able
to detect any radioactive Levels above the Security Levels!

I, by self have tested a lot of Stuff from my Air-Filter to Cement/ Concrete,
from Drift Wood to Snow but mostly i tested just the Surface because
this i can do with my GC

I have already 45-50 Samples in my Channel
and the reading from Kusatsu Onsen are the highest:

This one is the most fresh one
edit on 16-4-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Oconee, SC N-Plant

Don't really understand NRConese...but my gut feeling is they are having problems shutting down Unit 2....

Event Number: 47810:

"The Standby Shutdown Facility (SSF) serves as a backup for existing safety systems. Currently the events that rely upon the SSF for mitigation are unanalyzed on Units 1 and 2 when the power level is reduced below 85 percent and on Unit 3 when the power level is reduced below 70 percent, or for any unit operating with less than 4 Effective Full Power Days (EFPDs) at 100% full power since its most recent shutdown. Since the SSF events are unanalyzed for these conditions and until further analysis and evaluation can be completed, Duke Energy is conservatively calling the SSF inoperable when in these conditions.

www.nrc.gov...

- Purple Chive

edit on 16-4-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01

I have to agree, the shadow appears to follow a line up the small building next to the larger one and continue right up onto the clouds/sky/(wall). Someone here who is into model trains and the elaborate settings around them could probably pick this photo apart. It might be interesting to create a new thread asking any model enthusiasts to look at it for their opinions.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01

Yes, it does look like a model doesn't it...

Maybe one of the image experts will chime in here.

top topics

<< 1241  1242  1243    1245  1246  1247 >>

join