It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1235.htm
<< 1232  1233  1234    1236  1237  1238 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We have some film of the #4 fuel pool, if that's what this is? I'm not sure?

At first I thought this fresh debris was from their wiz-bang demo job, but you know...I was thinking, boy it's dark, considering the #4 pool has nothing above it now. I don't see the stairway either, that were in the pool? On the other hand, #1 has the roof sitting on top of the overhead crane. Hmmmm.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Going Into Unit 2...These are some intense numbers...

Dang...

www.tepco.co.jp...

-Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
One more film. The cask pit in #4 fuel pool.

Some of these assemblies look empty.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
More film of the #4 fuel pool.

And a great RT article and video on the deleted e-mails on data.
www.rt.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Going Into Unit 2...These are some intense numbers...

Dang...

www.tepco.co.jp...

-Purple Chive

Ex-Skf:

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Unit 2: Hydrogren Concentration Cranking Up!!

System A:0.23vol% System B:0.24vol% (as of 11:00 , 3/23 )

www.tepco.co.jp...

Yesterday:

System A:0.18vol% System B:0.19vol% (as of 11:00 , 3/22 )

www.tepco.co.jp...
- Purple Chive

System A:0.25vol% System B:0.26vol% (as of 11:00 , 3/24 )

www.tepco.co.jp...

Still not reporting vessel bottom above skirt jot(TE-2-3-69F3) that climbed to 103...

※ "Vessel bottom above skirt jot (TE-2-3-69F3)" has been deleted since it is valuated as "Failure" by the reliability evaluation of the thermometer.

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And just for reference TEPCO use to take the TE-2-3-69F3 seriously:

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 24-3-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

WTF? Transparency Results Unit 4

If the fabulous brains that contribute to this thread possibly elaborate? Sure would appreciate!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

This looks like a turbidity test.

By checking the visibility of the water, they are able to determine the amount of suspended solids within the water. The more opaque the water, the higher amount of dissolved solids within the water.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It's March 24th. At noon we had some some rain, so I checked it twice. The same readings both times. Three to four times background. I usually don't upload a video until we hit 5 times background simply because I don't feel like arguing with idiots about raydon washout. At 5 to 10 times background, the idiots don't have a leg to stand on. 0.40 microsieverts is = to 100 CPM. That's the level where our governments are suppose to warn us. Anyway here is a screen cap of the rain at lunch time in eastern Ontario.

And high readings in South Korea, March 5th 565 CPM

I had readings this high in November and January. Mine were 1.04 micro-sieverts per hour.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Here are some some pics I took of a rather large anti-nuclear march in Shibuya this afternoon, maybe 2 hours ago:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Unit 2: Hydrogren Concentration Cranking Up!!

System A:0.23vol% System B:0.24vol% (as of 11:00 , 3/23 )

System A:0.18vol% System B:0.19vol% (as of 11:00 , 3/22 )

System A:0.25vol% System B:0.26vol% (as of 11:00 , 3/24 )

System A:0.28vol% System B:0.29vol% (as of 11:00 , 3/25 )

www.tepco.co.jp...

Any ideas what's causing this hydrogen jump?

Thanks J&C for turbidity explanation.

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Great pics S.T. I've enjoyed your posts from way back.
Purple, I think they've bumped the hydrogen to deal with the hotter part of the heating cycle. They do seem to flare up.

A lot of people keep saying "No plutonium was released by fuk".

nukeprofessional.blogspot.fr...

Again, these new films of the reactor #4 fuel pool look very dark, for an open air pool. I'm still not sure if we're looking at #4?
I'm not sure if this flash means anything, but because it's happening in the water now, and looks just like our old outdoor flashes, I thought might be important.

All we really see are handles and empty sleeves....and a lot specks flying around. [Mutant bacteria?] Maybe you will catch something else.

And some really high readings in Japan. I'm not sure where?

And a quick burst of smoke west of #2.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
More film of the #4 fuel pool.

And a great RT article and video on the deleted e-mails on data.
www.rt.com...

well, kinda sorta back, trying to catch up.

AC, on the deleted e-mails, this is rather simple to solve. Government servers (even in Japan) are required by law to back up their data, these backups would be stored off site, simply go and get them.

And thanks for the vids, always a great find!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Arnie's latest..

www.fairewinds.com...

"Tokyo soil samples would be considered Nuke Waste here in the US.."

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Pretty Good Jolt from 5.2 Quake

Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 10:22:41 PM at epicenter

earthquake.usgs.gov...

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This will make you smile, and we need that around here.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Unit 2: Hydrogen

System A:0.30vol% System B:0.30vol% (as of 11:00 , 3/26 )

www.tepco.co.jp...

Anyone see if they are contemplating increased nitrogen injection or something? They're gonna be poking a hole in this thing soon too.

NHK:

www3.nhk.or.jp...

The few remaining temp gauges:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 26-3-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

3.1 EQ Near North Anna...One Unit Shut Down March 12th

earthquake.usgs.gov...

www2.wsls.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Fear of radiation from Fukushima accident led to psychiatric disorder hospitalizations

Some 24.4 percent of people who were hospitalized in Fukushima with psychiatric disorders in the wake of the outbreak of the crisis at the crippled Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant had done so possibly because of fears of radiation exposure, according to the results of research conducted by psychiatrists at Fukushima Medical University.

It has also been found that of all the outpatients at 27 hospitals in Fukushima Prefecture, 30 percent of them visited hospital apparently for reasons related to the nuclear crisis, according to the research conducted by psychiatrist Akira Wada and others at Fukushima Medical University.

There is no data available in the world on the effects of nuclear accidents on psychiatric diseases that were taken immediately after a nuclear accident, and therefore Fukushima Medical University plans to conduct a follow-up study on the effects on patients of the major nuclear accident and prolonged lives as evacuees. Wada and others at Fukushima Medical University carried out a survey at 30 hospitals in Fukushima Prefecture for two months from March 12, 2011, and 27 of them responded to the survey.

Of the 610 inpatients who were admitted or readmitted to hospital, with men accounting for 49 percent and women for 51 percent, excluding those who were transferred to other hospitals because of the nuclear disaster, 74 of them, or 12.1 percent, were diagnosed as being related to their fears of radiation exposure, while 75 others, or 12.3 percent, were diagnosed as being possibly related to their fears of radiation exposure.

People from the Soma, Futaba and Iwaki areas, which are close to the troubled nuclear power station, account for 23 to 27 percent of such inpatients.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Nuclear Industry Says Back on Track After Fukushima `Speed Bump’

Within months of the Fukushima nuclear disaster, the worst in 25 years, Germany, Belgium and Italy vowed to quit atomic energy. Twelve months on, the nuclear industry says it’s almost back to business as usual. “Fukushima put a speed bump on the road to the nuclear renaissance,”

Ganpat Mani, president of Converdyn, a company that processes mined uranium, said at a nuclear industry summit in Seoul last week. “It’s not going to delay the programs around the world.” As Japan mourned this month for the 19,000 people killed or presumed dead from the earthquake and tsunami that also wrecked the Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear station, India last week overrode six months of local protests to approve the start of its Kudankulam plant. In February, the U.S. gave the green light to build the nation’s first reactor in 30 years.

China is “very likely” to resume approval of new nuclear projects this year, said Sun Qin, president of China National Nuclear Corp. With 650 million people in China and India living without access to electricity, the nations are looking to the atom to provide power without raising emissions and fossil fuel costs. Nuclear is not the only alternative to fossil fuels, but the use of renewable energy for now is restricted by technology and costs, according to South Korea’s Prime Minister Kim Hwang Sik.

www.businessweek.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

3.1 EQ Near North Anna...One Unit Shut Down March 12th

earthquake.usgs.gov...

www2.wsls.com...

- Purple Chive

Today's NRC Report:

DEGRADATION OF STEAM GENERATOR NOZZLE WELD AREAS "On March 24, 2012, at 1855 [EDT] during the performance of work activities to support Alloy 600 dissimilar metal weld overlay work on the 'B' Reactor Coolant loop hot leg to the 'B' Steam Generator nozzle weld, two through-wall defects were identified. The workers noted a small amount of water seeping from the indications in the nozzle weld area. The indications are in the area of excavation that was being performed for the weld overlay project. Approximately 1 [inch] of weld material had been removed prior to the seepage being identified. "Entered Technical Requirement 3.4 .6, 'ASME Code Class 1, 2 and 3 Components' and immediately initiated actions to isolate the 'B' Reactor Coolant loop. The 'B' Reactor Coolant loop stop valves were closed at 2312 hours on March 24, 2012, which isolated the defects from the reactor coolant system . An engineering evaluation of the defects will be performed and corrective actions implemented. "This event is reportable in accordance to 10CFR50.72(b)(3)(ii)(A) for 'any event or condition that results in the condition of the nuclear power plant, including its principle safety barriers, being seriously degraded'." The licensee notified the NRC Resident Inspector and will notify Louisa County.

And Unusual Event:

UNUSUAL EVENT DECLARED DUE TO SEISMIC ACTIVITY On March 25, 2012 at 2336 EDT, an Unusual Event was declared due to an earthquake felt on site. The site entered EAL HU1.1. No plant systems were affected. The National Earthquake Information Center reported a magnitude 3.1 seismic event 6 miles south-south west of Mineral, Virginia. A plant inspection is on-going to determine any plant issues related to the seismic event. Unit 1 is in a refueling outage and containment integrity was maintained. Unit 2 continues in full power operation. The licensee notified the NRC Resident Inspector, State and local agencies. Notified DHS SWO, FEMA, NICC and Nuclear SSA via email. * * * UPDATE FROM TED WEBNER TO VINCE KLCO ON 3/26/2012 AT 0417 EDT * * * On March 26, 2012 at 0410 EDT, the Unusual Event was terminated. The basis for the termination was that all equipment walkdowns are complete with no damage discovered. The licensee will notify the NRC Resident Inspector.

www.nrc.gov...

- Purple Chive
edit on 26-3-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
So heres the stuff I didnt want to post before looking into further. But havent found anything more than this so far. If anyone wants to delve into this and try and find out what this operation is about, it is very interesting.

big blue pipe far southend

white pipe far southend

Both togeth3er and road crossing

All I'm seeing is lots of concrete where there are already perfectly good concrete walls. I bet they had a crapload of gamma emitting fuel come through into the turbine buildings, so that means at least one cooling system didn't completely break during the quake.

top topics

<< 1232  1233  1234    1236  1237  1238 >>

join