It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1232.htm
<< 1229  1230  1231    1233  1234  1235 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Wow, that is high

Do you ask for the Reason?
Like Solar Winds, etc?

I made this one today, started also very high

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Plane ride...Holy Sh!T AC!! Better keep this out of the main stream news!!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Wow, we have so many scary "Movements" tonight!

I hope that our Problem Child still stand tomorrow and the days after

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I think this is New?

1. Accident Overview at Fukushima Daiichi NPS

First of all, we deeply apologize to all residents of Fukushima Prefecture as well as broader society for the concern and anxiety that has arisen on account of the accident at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (NPS) due to the March 11, 2011 Tohoku - Pacific Ocean Earthquake.

The accident at Fukushima Daiichi NPS was caused by the loss of reactor core cooling functions and the prolonged simultaneous loss of all Alternate Current (AC) and Direct Current (DC) power due to the 13 meter-height tsunami brought about by the massive M9.0 earthquake.

What followed after was the extremely serious accident in which a series of explosions occurred at the reactor buildings and radioactive materials were released into the atmosphere and ocean. Since then, we have been making a concerted effort to achieve a full recovery while receiving support from the government, relevant domestic and overseas organizations and manufacturers.

As of December 2011, we have achieved conditions equivalent to a cold shutdown. This is the state where the inside reactor temperatures of Units 1 through 3 have decreased to approximately below 100 degrees C and the release of radioactive materials has been significantly suppressed and is being kept under control. Currently, efforts to steadily cool down the reactors, control radioactive emissions into the atmosphere, and stop all radiation leakage into the ocean remain ongoing.

Hereafter, per the Mid-and-Long-term Plan prepared in conjunction with the government that was released in late December 2011, we will move forward with such activities including our primary mission to decommission Units 1 through 4. In order to enable the evacuees to return home as soon as possible and restore peace of mind to all the citizens of Japan, we will do our best to maintain the cool state of the reactors and prevent further radioactive emissions.

In the following content, we will take a look back upon the tumultuous year that transpired at Fukushima Daiichi NPS and go over the many challenges we faced and how we dealt with them.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Lot of Material to read and check!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

We all know the reason...and it ain't solar winds. It's the same reason you don't get high numbers....yet.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Two anti-nuclear stickers spotted by me this morning in different parts of Shibuya, Tokyo:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
reply to post by Human0815

We all know the reason...and it ain't solar winds. It's the same reason you don't get high numbers....yet.

i really doubt that the reason is F'Shima,
when the Geiger is working well this must be Gamma- or X-Rays
and the Stuff from here can't be in my opinion that high anymore

The Stuff is to heavy, even for the Jet-Streams,
what is the exact Weight?

No, i think this must be something else
and we need to look foreward to find the reason
because this is a very dangerouse level for the Board-Crew!

Maybe when you call the Airline ...........?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Unit 1 Pressure - BIG Jump

From 128 to 320...

Think it's over the threshold of what is considered "Cold Shutdown":

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 15-3-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Fresh Data of the Radiation Level in Japan!

Please visit: radioactivity.mext.go.jp...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Kan lashed TEPCO over nuclear crisis, urged containment at all costs

Then Prime Minister Naoto Kan verbally lashed Tokyo Electric Power Co. officials shortly after the hydrogen explosions at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant last March, ordering them to contain the crisis at all costs, company records showed Thursday.

"It doesn't matter if the company executives aged around 60 die at the accident site. I'm going, too," Kan is quoted as saying, during his visit to TEPCO's headquarters in the early hours of March 15.

Kan also said, "The state of Japan could go to ruin if the situation stays as it is...If TEPCO abandons the Fukushima plant, reactors and spent nuclear fuels could collapse and radioactive substances could be released," according to the records.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

reply to post by Purplechive

They said:

" a quasi Cold Shut-Down"

In legal Terms this is correct

Don't forget that this are Law People!
edit on 15-3-2012 by Human0815 because: Kan Article!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Some info and pics on the shape of #3 Torus.
www.simplyinfo.org...

And the film.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Unit 3 Hydrogen Density Now Being Reported

* This value was described from today because full operation of the PCV gas control system started.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
After posing my ideas on the Japanese nuclear disaster to a lead scientist at GE-Hitachi, and receiving a favorable approval I then sent messages to the Japanese government.
The gist of it was to use helicopters, fast ships (possibly destroyers ); airlift (using skycranes ) the debris, metal, buildings, anything 'contaminated' , load it onto ships, using lead shielding where possible....

Head to the Hawaiian Islands and/or nearest active volcano and dump it in. Let nature put it back to as close to elemental form as possible, and lock up the molten residue in rock.

Other than nuclear countries taking their waste rods and such, loading them on rockets and shooting them to the sun, moon, .... we must live with hard choices on 'what' to do with the 'hot' materials.

No, this is not a perfect solution but it would work. The Japanese thanked me for the suggestions. That was it.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I like Indian English!

Nice Discussion, have a look!

Tepco, state deserve criminal trial: groups

Two citizens' groups in Fukushima Prefecture plan to file a criminal complaint against senior officials in the government and Tokyo Electric Power Co. for professional negligence over the nuclear crisis.

Members said the antinuclear groups will hold a rally Friday in Iwaki, Fukushima Prefecture, hoping to recruit at least 1,000 residents of the prefecture to lodge the complaint in mid-May with the Fukushima District Public Prosecutor's Office. Group members say they intend to target officials of the Nuclear Safety Commission of Japan and the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency as well as Tepco.

They will claim that the failure of Tepco and the government bodies to prevent the catastrophe left many people exposed to radiation, and that some inpatients died while fleeing from nearby medical institutions. The groups are also considering accusing the officials of violating pollution laws by spreading massive amounts of radioactive substances.

www.japantimes.co.jp...
edit on 16-3-2012 by Human0815 because: News!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

TEPCO Changes their Rpt Format....

Just graphs now, no detailed data. Sigh...trying to hide...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Fuku Diary - TEPCO Press Conference:

fukushima-diary.com...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

PCV Pressure - WTF?

Unit 2 & 3:

www.tepco.co.jp...

Yesterday:
www.tepco.co.jp...

New Xe-135 Detection Limt: 9.6×10 ^-2 ????

Somebody new on the job?

www.tepco.co.jp...

Enews:
enenews.com...

- Purple Chive

edit on 16-3-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by juristbooks
After posing my ideas on the Japanese nuclear disaster to a lead scientist at GE-Hitachi, and receiving a favorable approval I then sent messages to the Japanese government.
The gist of it was to use helicopters, fast ships (possibly destroyers ); airlift (using skycranes ) the debris, metal, buildings, anything 'contaminated' , load it onto ships, using lead shielding where possible....

Head to the Hawaiian Islands and/or nearest active volcano and dump it in. Let nature put it back to as close to elemental form as possible, and lock up the molten residue in rock.

Other than nuclear countries taking their waste rods and such, loading them on rockets and shooting them to the sun, moon, .... we must live with hard choices on 'what' to do with the 'hot' materials.

No, this is not a perfect solution but it would work. The Japanese thanked me for the suggestions. That was it.

Did you really ask them,or is this a bunch of bull.
Just asking,cause Hawaii would never allow that!

"Yea,sure come dump your nuclear waste in our volcanoes,it's fine with us."
Right.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

TEPCO's New Way to Report Things!

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by juristbooks

Okay, not an earth science major, but here are my 2 cents.

Lava, is pressurized from the core, on up. The lava is coming out, like water from a hose.

Anything that is "dumped" into any pool of lava, will eventually be either cooled into lava rock that stays where it is, or spewed again into the environment as small chunks of lava.

The only way this idea would be feasible, is if we had some way to take the material and send it right to the core of the planet, which of course would open up a path for further release of molten materials from the core.

Excellent thought though, keep trying, we need new ideas!!

edit on 16-3-2012 by matadoor because: Because I screwed up my explanation.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I ran into an old friend of ours today. The north wall of #4.

The film
www3.nhk.or.jp...

And some bad storms came through last night.... Ho- Hum.

A friend suggested next time, after I'm done my regular test, cover it with aluminum foil and what's left is pure gamma, so I'll try that soon.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

TEPCO's New Way to Report Things!

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

This is really funny

On Monday i will ask my old Lady if she can help me to write a Letter
to our Tepco-Nazis because what they are doing is really under the Line