It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1230.htm
<< 1227  1228  1229    1231  1232  1233 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Now it is exactly one Year since this Nightmare started, we have still more than 100.000 displaced People in our Emergency Units, what a waste of Time, Intellect and Life!

We need to close every Plant, now!
We can't give the Nuclear Complex a new Chance to promote Nuclear Energy,
we failed already once after Chernobyl so we need to fight harder,
without Compromises and with much better Data,
we need to end the Nuclear Complex with Hard Facts
but not with Data where they can find the slightest Chance to attack us!

@ all,

after all this trouble i am very happy that this Thread is without much hate,
the exchange is friendly and we all try to watch it from every angle!

Arigato Gozaimasu!

PS: for the German Speaking People, a very helpful
and relative neutral Source:
www.kit.edu...
www.helmholtz.de...
www.grs.de...
www.kernenergie.de...
Me is 1/4 German

edit on 11-3-2012 by Human0815 because: links

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Three Mile Island Meltdown

(A Comparison with Fukushima)

Although thousands of miles and decades apart, similarities between (TMI) and Fukushima are eerily similar. Reactors dependent upon water as coolant meltdown the same way. Regardless of how the coolant flow is stopped, the end result will be the same. Total disaster at Three Mile Island was averted in the end, but could have just as easily been far worse. Looking back at how TMI played out we can see (with hindsight) what happened at Fukushima as well.

The Three Mile Island accident was a nuclear meltdown which occurred at the Three Mile Island power plant in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, United States on March 28, 1979. It was the worst accident in U.S. commercial nuclear power plant history...

At Fukushima three reactors were in operation. The earthquake caused the reactors to shutdown suddenly or "scram". Main power was interrupted by the earthquake and emergency backup only lasted for a few more hours. Once coolant flow over the cores ceased, differences between Fukushima and TMI evaporated just like the water covering the cores.

The pumps were shut down, and it was believed that natural circulation would continue the water movement. Steam in the system prevented flow through the core, and as the water stopped circulating it was converted to steam in increasing amounts. About 130 minutes after the first malfunction, the top of the reactor core was exposed and the intense heat caused a reaction to occur between the steam forming in the reactor core and the Zircaloy nuclear fuel rod cladding, yielding zirconium dioxide, hydrogen, and additional heat. This fiery reaction burned off the nuclear fuel rod cladding, the hot plume of reacting steam and zirconium damaged the fuel pellets which released more radioactivity to the reactor coolant and produced hydrogen gas...

Fukushima cores become completely uncovered. The resulting heat burns off the fuel cladding allowing fuel pellets to fall to the bottom of the reactor core vessel. They pile up and begin to melt. At TMI This process was halted by restarting the coolant flow. The core only "partially" melted down:

It was later found that about ½ the core had melted, and the cladding around 90% of the fuel rods had failed, with 5 ft (1.5 m) of the core gone, and around 20 short tons (18 t) of uranium flowing to the bottom head of the pressure vessel, forming a mass of corium. The reactor vessel—the second level of containment after the cladding—maintained integrity and contained the damaged fuel with nearly all of the radioactive isotopes in the core.

Here is where differences between the two kick in again. At Three Mile Island they still had primary power. After the pumps are turned back on water begins to flow over the core again. The containment held. It was that close... (see diagram). Of course at Fukushima the power to restart the pumps did not exist.

Seven hours into the emergency, new water was pumped into the primary loop and the backup relief valve was opened to reduce pressure so that the loop could be filled with water. After 16 hours, the primary loop pumps were turned on once again, and the core temperature began to fall. A large part of the core had melted, and the system was still dangerously radioactive.

...a hydrogen bubble was discovered in the dome of the pressure vessel, and became the focus of concern. A hydrogen explosion might not only breach the pressure vessel, but, depending on its magnitude, might compromise the integrity of the containment vessel leading to large scale release of radiation. However, it was determined that there was no oxygen present in the pressure vessel, a prerequisite for hydrogen to burn or explode.

We saw what happened to reactors in Fukushima. Explosions rocked the complex and the countryside spewing fuel and radioactivity all around. Back at TMI:

In the end the reactor was brought under control, although full details of the accident were not discovered until much later. --- Cleanup started in August 1979 and officially ended in December 1993, with a total cleanup cost of about $1 billion. The incident was rated a five on the seven-point International Nuclear Event Scale: Accident With Wider Consequences.

Three Mile Island

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Unit 2 Pressure

On January 11th it was 107....now it's up to 121. Any ideas why?

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Unit 2 RPV Supporting Skirt Upper Part Jumps Up 12 Degrees

37 degrees to 49 degrees in past 24 hours:

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 11-3-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks Intrptr...very appreciative of you, Z, Mat, AC etc. interpreting the ramifications of the data that I find!!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Unit 2 Pressure

Unit 2 RPV Supporting Skirt Upper Part Jumps Up 12 Degrees

37 degrees to 49 degrees in past 24 hours:

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

This increase of the Temperature is not that important,
the only thing that will suffer is the Status of the "Quasi ColdShut-Down",
i am sure that they try to reduce the Water Input to decrease the Waste

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Good day all...
found this tidbit this morning. We all of course already know this (a horse is a horse of course of course):

Telegraph

The findings of the report, which has been given to the International Atomic Energy Agency, were revealed by the Yomiuri newspaper, which described a "melt-through" as being "far worse than a core meltdown" and "the worst possibility in a nuclear accident."

Really... Intrptr makes loud farting noises

"But we now know that this happened at the very beginning of the accident, so I see no particular additional effects on human health," he said.

He must be right. I feel fine. "The very small particlular paticulates are soooo very very small that we don't see them, so no problem."

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Unit 2 Pressure

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Hey Purplechive. Sorry for the delay.

101 kPa=15 psi >>> Standard atmospheric pressure for Earth at sea level (14.7 psi)

I hate scientific notation. Its like a secret code. Only edumacated people know what the hell they are talking about. And depending on which country and which era you are from the "terms" used are different. We need tables and charts to figure it in laymen's terms. Our layman's terms speak of pressure or "air pressure" in terms of Atmosphere. One atmosphere is the "pressure" we experience at seal level, or about 15 PSI (pounds per square inch). The Metric system, like they use in Japan, re-records that as 100 kpa or (mpa) on the charts they present when talking about the pressure inside the reactors. A measurement of 100 kpa therefore is about one atmosphere. (walk on the beach)

The reactors have been "open" since they blew or melted down March of last year. All of them are at or about 1 atmosphere (100 kpa). Remember, "melt down" was followed by "melt thru" and the proof is in their charts as we see. Thats not really secret information but it's not widely understood either. And it's the scary part. If these are open then any ongoing "emissions" are coming out of there into the atmosphere.

Reactor one has a tent with filters and stuff (now). #2,3 and 4 however, remain at sea level internal pressure still after all this time. I don't even want to mention the Spent Fuel Pools (SFP). Since the fuel has melted down "thru" the bottom of containment there is little they can do to stop up the holes in the inverted light bulbs . Low water levels despite continuous spraying also helps to confirm this.

That is one reason the concept of "cold shutdown" is so important . They want us to believe these isotope/nuclide factories are done issuing their deadly products. We see the temperature spikes in #2 and know it ain't so...

Temp#2

Even more telling Purple is the slight increase you noticed from 107 to 121 kpa in #2. The difference between the two is like pursing your lips and blowing. A slight rise like that coupled with temperature spikes, fresh rare gas release (XE-135) and visible steam clouds above ground allows us to conclude these dragons still have fire in their bellies and they are still exhaling. Even if we can't see the steam because of weather conditions or water "injection", it is still there. Like jet engines make exhaust whether we see contrails or not.

Sorry for my wind on this. I know the experts hear a lot of redundancy ... just painting it plainly for everyone that may come here.
edit on 11-3-2012 by intrptr because: link...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

It All Comes Down to Numbers...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Gotta give TEPCO credit for one thing....Con Edison never apologized.

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Hello? Hope This is a Typo!!

Around 10:00 am on March 11, 2012: TEPCO’s employees found the water leaks from the ceiling near the wall of the west side in the heater room at 1st floor of T/B of Unit 1 during their sampling works for the accumulated water. The puddle of water at the floor is approx. 5m × 7m and we found the water flow into near funnel*. As the result of the inspection, the water came from the damaged part of the pipe,” we assumed the roof drain pipe”, which was set at the upper of the ceiling and we assumed that the water was rain or melted snow. The radiodensity of the water was Cs-134:1.1×101 Bq/cm 3 and Cs-137:1.7×101Bq/cm 3. The leakage water was staying in the underground of T/B as the accumulated water and it is considered that there was no leakage to the ocean. *water inlet which gather the water and lead the water from the pipe or facilities in the building to the drain tank

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

That is one reason the concept of "cold shutdown" is so important . They want us to believe these isotope/nuclide factories are done issuing their deadly products. We see the temperature spikes in #2 and know it ain't so...

You mean they still emit Radioactivity to the Atmosphere above the announced Level
of 70.000.000Bq (Seventy Mio.) a 60min for all?

What is with their ability to use Boron or increase the Water Supply?
Do you think this Control-mechanism do not work anymore?

I wrote it just in the other Thread: The use of Water is sooooo low at the moment,
a American Bathtube use more Water on a typical Saturday Evening!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
BIG THANKS and much love to everyone who sent me help through PM! I should get software that lets me do this... I wanted to avoid print-screen at all costs.

More on the way! No joke, whoever said a few pages back that you need something like a linguist, cryptographer, and comedian to make sense of what TEPCO has to say.

I started digging into the 8 or so pages preceding these documents... not sure how far I will get, as it is quite time consuming, but there are some really bizarre phraseology, including things that translate literally only as "the master plan." That one will take some time...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

You mean they still emit Radioactivity to the Atmosphere above the announced Level
of 70.000.000Bq (Seventy Mio.) a 60min for all?

What is with their ability to use Boron or increase the Water Supply?
Do you think this Control-mechanism do not work anymore?

I wrote it just in the other Thread: The use of Water is sooooo low at the moment,
a American Bathtube use more Water on a typical Saturday Evening!

Hi Human. I can't tell from here. I am so sorry if what I said may have upset you at all. I know you live directly with the problem and the results everyday. My heart is troubled when I hear of you're meeting, that they turned off the mike on you. Also that 100,000 evacuees still live in shelters. This is so sad and difficult for all those people. Like you said it is one year later and still there is no solution for them.

What can they do, the evacuation zone is a death zone for anyone that wants to go back and live in there right now. No way to tell for how long they will have to stay out either. My guess is a lot longer than the officials say it will be. I am comfortably far away and sit here making posts about the lies and cover up, but know nothing of the pain you must feel. I am so sorry of that. I have little else to offer and that bothers me too.

I really enjoy hearing from you, you better than anyone knows what is happening on the ground in your community. Please forgive me, can I ask you of an update on where you are staying, how far from the Daichi reactor complex you are?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Hmmmmm, is my English that bad

I am not upset with anyone and not with you,
i like your Comments a lot because you are able to give us good Explanations!

Yeah, not only Tepco is "lost in Translation",
to Translate something into a second Language is already difficult
but into a 3'th or 4'th it become nearly impossible!

Without Internet and the use of Dictionaries i would be lost

My Question was just a technical and not a rhetorical one!

Greeting from a Spring afternoon Tokyo,
soon the Pollen will arrive and i already recommend Face Masks for our Kids
but they wear them already because of our huge Influenza Wave
and many Kids (afair 20%) here are allergen to a lot of Stuff

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Thank you manicminxx. What you have done is a great help in understanding the Japanese characters.

"Fire prevention belt" is a fire break area I think. An area which is left free of anything which could cause any fire to jump the gap between two flammable areas and you often see them in conifer woods. It creates a natural break between areas of woodland which otherwise would all burn - if it was not for the firebreaks.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks for the excellent explanation Intrptr!!!! I won't worry about the pressure rising in unit 2 that much...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Kagoshima Rad Levels Up

atmc.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 12-3-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Arnie's latest.
vimeo.com...
vimeo.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Ha ha, okay Human. Sorry for the delay. I am over sensitive sometimes. Thank you for being so Human.

Yah translation can be hard. I think you do fine. You are quarter German? I am half. I disapprove of that part of me. Thanks for that update on your locale and weather report. Triple whammy with the allergies, Influenza and now radiation too? Poor kids.

Over here ours have little bit of that. Mostly American kids have a hard time paying attention. It's called ADHD and they give them Speed for it. I think it is because they are bored out of their minds by dumbed down education they get.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by manicminxx

Awesome job.
Those translations were helpful. We can say now that it has little to do with Radioactivity, right? I think? I read the direct translations and I still wonder what the exact meaning is about "sprinklers 2x a week limit". Just to keep the area looking green for the cameras? or what? Oh and Japanese think different about things than we do when they call something a Master Plan. We snicker but they are serious. Master Fire Control Plan, lol.

Edit: Ahh, I see qmantoo addressed it, that explains it.
edit on 12-3-2012 by intrptr because: Further...

new topics

top topics

<< 1227  1228  1229    1231  1232  1233 >>

join