It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1228.htm
<< 1225  1226  1227    1229  1230  1231 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Q, some cryptome pics, that they used in that blog.
cryptome.org...
I had to download to get them all to show. A glitch maybe.

A translation on that French blog from a friend.

Fukushima: why is the Machine Loading Fuel Unit 1F3 is found in this configuration?
We had already discussed at length the configuration of the unit #. 3 Fukushima-Daiichi but a new element is added to the initial plot: thank to the comments of a few observers - we noted that something like the fuel loading machine (MCC FHM or English) seemed to appear on the left of the reactor building No.. 3. See this more closely:
The configuration known as "production" of a boiling water reactor

When the unit is in production, setup is simple and appears in photographs taken by Quince II a few days ago: MCC is positioned just above the fuel pool (SFP), the rolling bridge is located over the well to center of the reactor to center and balance the weights - it is a hypothesis - a little protection for the reactor in case of the fall of aircraft or other flying items diverted from its original use (do not laugh, Americans the NRC have seriously studied this possibility after 911).
From what we know, the crane collapsed on the slab while the Containment of MCC seems to run all-in-fact on the left of the building, near the former north wall which has toppled off. The enlargement of the photo below (1) allows to visualize the respective positions:

Analyze: it is possible that the MCC, lighter, could have moved "under" the crane before it is blocking the passage North-South MCC ends up in acrobatic position of the photo "IAEA". But then, just as there is a "minor detail":

The initial explosion would have taken place on the right side of the pool?

Hunt for the MCC to the left from its initial position, the bigger the explosion would necessarily have happened between the SFP and the south wall of the reactor building before it collapses, or if the explosion occurred in 2 stages (flame breath right and the center of BR3) as some close observers believe the (2), the explosion "pool / fire / explosion" may have preceded the explosion zone "reactor / blast / bang ". To validate either of these assumptions, hydrogen would be formed from either the south side of the pool SFP - then boil? (3) - or the southern part of the confinement itself, the gas bypassing the boxes located under the pool.

In all cases, the accident has not finished delivering its little secrets, we ask simply the question of what little secrets the operator - with access to much more data than us miserable and uninformed distant observers - is still hiding to us? Or how come some "experts" of boiling water reactors have not yet communicated their thoughts and comments about this accident, all with a view to widely distribute the "feedbacks". Yet even in the "business" the most politically confused, it all comes to know! There are these small nuclear secrets that remain discreet ... for how long?

But really, how many "official" information does the public have?

Ideally, subject to not "fog" or confuse the average reader, 100% of the information base of accidental Fukushima should be available for examination, unless perhaps some data relating too directly to the safety aspects of facilities (4 ), yet we strongly believe that the public knows only 10% of events that could, that would interest them. The amount and extent of contamination is a perfect example, every day new facts revealed tend to prove that, whatever the country considered (5) the policy response is the same as in Japan: concealment, delay, and minimizing procrastination (6).

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
From cryptome. Interesting scaring on the wall below the heat exchangers. What is the deal with this [Fuel pool?] north of # 6? Do these two reactors have their own smaller CSFP?

And some very interesting reading from the NRC transcripts in the news.
enenews.com...

NRC: There’s got to be fission products or pellets in parking lot outside Fukushima plant
enenews.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I can sense a breakthrough coming...
Surely together we must know someone who works with nuclear reactors and is willing to be a voice in the background. Someone who we can ask questions and who understands BWR and what all this stuff means. We have educated ourselves, but there is nothing like talking to someone who works in the industry every day and who knows, as the French translation says, all the little secrets which go on inside these reactors.

Many of the original posters like TRN and others have disappeared over the course of the thread. I dont blame them of course, but our layman's knowledge is only what we can learn from looking at the pictures, reading the PDFs, and web blogs. It is not real technical knowledge which people who work in the industry have.

Thats not to say we haven't done well - we have done extremely well and we have uncovered many of the things which Tepco want to gloss over and hide from us. Our strength is in the many different aspects of the investigation and each person is interested in a different parts which helps us move forward past some blockages or some new things which Tepco want to hide.

The many different disciplines and experience we all bring to the forum is far better than official investigations in that it does not limit the scope of the investigation. However, we dont have the depth of background knowledge to know which part we have uncovered is really significant and what it really means. For that I think we need experts who can pull together all the various pieces we have found and make sense of what is happening.

So, an appeal to anyone reading who works in the industry on a daily basis. Ideally, it would be a Japanese person who can speak English or visa-versa and who works with nuclear reactors. Someone who can cut through all the Tepco-ese and BS and tell us what is really happening. You dont have to post here, you can be a 'consultant' and communicate through private message if that feels safer. The world needs this information to get out and you can help that happen and cut through the media smoke-screen too.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Scant Fallout For Those Behind Japan’s Nuclear Disaster

Nearly a year after one of the worst man-made disasters in history, Japan has decided who’s to blame: no one. Even as government and private reports reveal the full extent of the Fukushima nuclear power disaster — and the decades of falsified safety records, unheeded warnings and industry incompetence that preceded it – there has been little attempt to hold companies or individuals accountable.

No one has been arrested, charged or indicted. No criminal investigations are underway. No class-action lawsuits have been filed. The only person to lose his job has been the president of the company that owns the Fukushima No. 1 power plant, Tokyo Electric Power Co., also known as Tepco. Stephen Hesse, a professor of environmental law at Tokyo’s Chuo University, says the nature of Japanese society makes it unlikely that anyone involved will ever face criminal or civil charges.

“I would like to see somebody at least brought up on charges. I would like to see a class-action lawsuit,” says Hesse. “But there’s a great sense of fatalism and passivity and acceptance when it comes to this kind of problem in Japan.

People are not going to demand their legal rights to hold others accountable – legal rights that they don’t even know they have.” The March 11, 2011, disaster left 80,000 people permanently homeless; exposed hundreds, if not thousands, to potentially deadly radiation; and polluted vast stretches of farmland and ocean. Tepco has asked for $130 billion in taxpayer money to pay compensation claims, and tens of billions more will be needed to clean up the environmental damage.

Only now are the true causes of the disaster emerging.

battleland.blogs.time.com...

Nuclear Power and the Big Lie

The Big Lie was integral to the nuclear push from its start. Promoters of nuclear power discounted the seriousness of nuclear plant accidents, although government documents acknowledged the vast scale of catastrophe. As the Atomic Energy Commission’s “WASH-740 update,” done at Brookhaven National Laboratory in the 1960s, repeatedly states about a major nuclear plant accident: “The possible size of the area of such a disaster might be equal to that of the State of Pennsylvania.”

They pushed the “peaceful atom”—although knowing that any nation with a nuclear plant would have the materiel from it (the plutonium produced as a byproduct) and trained personnel to make atomic weapons.

They downplayed the effects of radioactivity claiming it needed to reach a “threshold” to cause harm—even as it became clear that any amount of radioactivity can injure and kill.

And nuclear power would be “too cheap to meter,” they insisted.

And on and on…

www.counterpunch.org...
Great Article!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Z, speedy recovery dude. Yes there are some great pics in those files that haven't been studied, except by me.
Ok, Tom has finished testing Japanese soil.

And even Lou grant hates nukes. Does that make the NRC, Ted Baxter?

More very interesting revelations from the NRC transcripts. This sure leaves me with a disturbing question about the #4 fuel pool?
enformable.com... hing-else-gone/

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Anti-Proton is very right,
they need to clean up the Spots which are important to clean up, now!

I like his Channel, thank you

I done 2 Check Up today,
Nr. 1 (Driftwood)

Nr. 2 (after the Rain)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Hey now qmantoo. I had to reply to your post. Everyone on here is doing the most amazing job of digging and bringing the raw data that is so important to the overall base and historical time line of this the most important event of human history. The Fuku thread here on ATS is read by many in the industry. I am sure they don't have time to dig like you do, but review the material everyone on here ferrets out of the noise. I am always amazed at how quick I can get a feel for the state of the disaster as far as that goes. When I get scared I know you guys are doing a good job.

I am not in the industry but know some stuff and this is where I come to get the links, read the blogs, watch vids and get real data unavailable elsewhere. Then I can make some kind of judgment about aspects of whats going on. A lot of experts do that too I think.

Dig, dig, dig... link, link, link... bring, bring, bring.

Also understand that experts can tell you abut how these things work, when they are working. These are not. They are out of control meltdowns and explosions of cores and SFP's which has never happened before, ever. These reactors, these fuels, and the sheer magnitude of problems associated with defining just what happened and how to deal with it is mind boggling... even with accurate and forthcoming data.

Thats why this thread is invaluable. 10 years from now, a 100 years from now, the time line of events will remain as important as it is now. Footage of cameras, diaries, voices and data from the zone will be reviewed and decisions made on events, remedies and culpability. Not by us, but by those that come after us.

Those descendants will not be reviewing official corporate or news statements to find the truth and get accurate as possible data. They will be pouring over the under reported and quiet blogs like this one and others. Thats where they are going to find the truth of it. History doesn't seem important while you are living thru it... you guys are heroes. Don't lose hope like no one is listening, they are. Don't stop because it all seems too much. Take a break, like I did.Then go back to what you do best. Review the raw data and bring the time stamped tidbits here, just like you have been doing.

The one year anniversary approaches and other people who don't know as much and have been kept in the dark by their governments, news media and experts will want to know more than usual. Keep updating and using full terms instead of abbreviations. Take the time to explain what you think you are showing a little more for their sake so they can make decisions about this too. Synopsis of events over the next week or two will be helpful in layman's terms for the less knowledgable. Like we all were once right? Whether you realize it, you are experts in the field now and learning more every day. More power to you and God Bless,

Intrptr

edit on 6-3-2012 by intrptr because: spelling...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Unit 2: Pressure Now 120

www.tepco.co.jp...

Nothing notable about temps except the crazy CRD Housing Unit:

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Goddard Video - Unit 3 Fracture

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hey Folks...been gone all day and no new posts? What's going on? Ya'll are brilliant and fabulous to read all the new stuff being discovered and reported by ya'll. I've had some nasty flatulence but didn't think that transmitted over the net....

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

They Are Entering Unit PCV...

At 10:28 am on March 6, for the purpose of determining soundness of reactor primary containment vessel of unit 2 and internal facilities, airlock* for the workers was opened and started visual inspection. * airlock for the workers hatch to enter into the primary containment vessel

www.tepco.co.jp...

Trying to recollect if they've done this before?

- Purple Chive

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Sorry PC, had some medical issues to attend to the past day or so, like Z, so I've had little time to read and digest..

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well, after those NRC transcript revelations yesterday, what could top it?

Los Angeles-area Meltdown: Cesium-137 still up to 1,000 times higher than standard — Plutonium also detected — Located between Chatsworth and Simi Valley

enenews.com... ey

Also

Controversy after US gov’t estimate showed 40,000 microsievert thyroid dose for California infants from Fukushima — Data not released to public — “Very high doses to children”

enenews.com... releasing-info-public

And every political party wants to spread the hot rubble.
ex-skf.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Aircooled, to clarify about the California infants, was that 4 rem dose over the course of 3/11-present, or after the initial blast? I couldn't discern the duration period at which that became evident... HORRIFYING EITHER WAY

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
We have a Meeting later in our Embassy and i am not sure what i should ask for

Everything is so Pointless ........

Maybe i should ask for some Money for a real Spectrograph?
'A few, more than just some, go this Way now but for our PTA-Group
they are still to expensive, we need a Sponsor!

Here everything is calm,
this Weekend we should see big Demonstrations again!

Wow, one Year F'Shima already

Regards, i will try to articulate some relevant Questions
and i want Money, Money, Money,
our Embassy should fill a Class-Action-Suit against Tepco,
because they hired 10 big Airbus Planes to fly out the Families of our Expatiate Creme!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Up to page 1228 link directory

PDF list
Youtube & videos
Thumbnails of images referenced
List of HTML pages referenced
Full list of TEPCO Press Releases (not just Fukushima-related)
NHK News (not necessarily about Fukushima)
Tepco movies that were removed

problem with the titles of the HTML pages at the moment but the links themselves are good.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So, i am back at home after a "Official Meeting" with our
Consultant for Nuclear Plants and Ray-Security!
(My Head is still smoking)

According to him the dangers that the Plants "go hot" again is nearly Zero
and only a Earthquake of similar Levels of 03/11 would be dangerous,
he said a Temperature of even 2.500 Celsius would do not bring any further Damage!!!
(because everything is gone already?)

He also said that only 0,10% of Japans Agricultural Areas is contaminated,
the Fish is safe (not the Ground-fish in front of the Plant itself)
and we should not worry because less than
10 Samples of 120.000 Food-Samples was dangerously contaminated!

The Garbage can be burned because it is mostly not contaminated (I share this)
and even the Ash is not a problem as well as all the Filter we will see in F'Shima
because we can put them into Cement when we build a new Airport!

All of the Embassy Stuff had a Screening and not one was above the "Detection-level"
even the People from Sendai was free,,
he said they done the same with all European Embassy Staff
and nothing was detected!

When i told him/ them that we should be not so "Easy Going" with all this Date
he said: Yes, not everyone agreed with my Opinion"
and turned off the/ my Microphone

I still believe in the Middle,
not good but also not sooooo bad,
we are very lucky until now that this Disaster was/is not a Catastrophe!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Human, thats a good thing that you went to that meeting and talked to the man.. well done. It is useful to get all this kind of feedback and to find out what they are saying to everyone (else).

I just wonder if the anti-nuclear side should go out on the rounds and hold 'meetings' like this to tell the other side of the story.

At the moment the feelings are so high, that each 'meeting' by the anti-nuclears is more like a rally or demonstration and that excludes the kind of people who would not go to that kind of event. (oldies and more conservative people) These people are the ones we also need to convince that they have to become informed what is going on, and these people would probably go to the more traditional 'meetings' like the one you went to.

Demonstrations only reach some of the population, the rest need other methods to inform them of the very real dangers they and their families are facing.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
One more pick for GR, I forgot the other night. A zoom on the crack at #1.

May 17th. This building north of #5 and 6 seems to be a diesel generator building. [No scaring]

Now we have scaring and leaky hoses going north. I wouldn't have mentioned it again but in MsMily's report, today, a CNN reporter is filming this spot and the film is cut at this scared wall. [1:53]

Great report too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1225  1226  1227    1229  1230  1231 >>

join