It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1218.htm
<< 1215  1216  1217    1219  1220  1221 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
This Floats are very, very huge, lately i read the Size of California,
this mean Millions of Life-Forms intake a lot of Chemical Products,
alone a modern Japanese House hold more than 4.000 different chemical Components,
we have all the Stuff from the Factories
and other Refineries and we will see also Pesticides,
how do this Melange react in the Makro-Cosmos of this Floats?

edit on 23-2-2012 by Human0815 because: spelling

That actual size of the debris mass is much greater than California, but this is comprised of billions of individual items as well as flotsam and jetsam rafts as described in my other post. How big the biggest of these floasting debris islands no one will know until they get closer to shore, or the US and Canadian governments actually do what they are paid to do (protect people) and go out and photograph, map and analyze these floating masses.

And I too am very concerned about all the different types of pollution encased in these rafts and floating objects, not just their potential to be radioactive. The stuff we use in construction, crop protection, consumer goods is all toxic to some degree. Things with high levels of nonylphenol will be especially toxic. The problem is, where radiation is present, it will stop people being able to collect and remove this debris. That will be the driver one way or the other.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
I am sure we would see a lot of unseen Stuff

Wow, youre not kidding. Just the clip linked above is incredible. Ive downloaded it am going over with a fine toothed comb. In the very beginning, i believe the smoke cloud past the fire engine is R4 burning, but cant tell location for sure. Cant wait to see the whole show tonight. This should be very interesting indeed. Thanks Human.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well first off, some impressions on that huge NRC file #1. I'm a slow reader but I'm plowing through this swamp like a good water buffalo should. So Dan's a lush and all these idiots are stting around, swilling brewski's, watching fox and CNN, to get there info and bitching because they have to work late. And if that isn't enough folks, one of them [Un-named-flunky] can't tell a turbine building from a reactor building.
P 58...more tv.... [Why should they get up?] "We don't see any flame in the #1 explosion like you would if it was a Hydrogen exposion !! P 59 to 80 blacked out to protect us from the truth.
P 111. Well in all fairness to Jaczko [God I hate saying that] The Japanese wouldn't tell them $hit and said they had everything under control. Now remember #3 is going to blow in a few hours.
One of my friends saw a line in there stating that 14, yes 14 reactors were in trouble from Onagawa to Tokai on March 12th. I also found this.
djysrv.blogspot.com...

Is it only me, or is this how they will dispose of all the basement/storage tank water?

On that great BBC clip. Please note, near the half-way mark they mention a spike in rads and stay away from the manholes. hmmm
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
We have some film. ignore the commercial...I do
www.ustream.tv...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Not Particularly Thrilled With Problems at Brunswick

If I interpreted the NRC techno talk....there's a major problem at Brunswick. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Events 47687 and 47690:

www.nrc.gov...

- Purple Chive

Reuters:

A Progress spokesman said the plant experienced an electrical fault Wednesday evening that led to a loss of power to the emergency core cooling system for both units. Temporary power was restored to the emergency cooling system, but the loss of power for Unit 1's circulating water intake pumps required that the unit be manually shut.

www.reuters.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Something I found about thos Magna cameras used this time in intrusion detection, but it does go to show just how advanced they are. They can detect movement over 1.5-2Km through smoke and fog... Thats amazing.

www.magen.ca...

The Magna BSP Intrusion Detection System works in all light and weather conditions. It is capable of detecting an intruder at a distance of 1.5 to 2 km even in fog, behind a smoke screen or in the dark.

Strange how any old agency has the right and authority to comment on health issues and make statement like "far below" levels.
=============================
USGS finds low radiation threat from Japan

WASHINGTON, Feb. 23 (UPI) -- The U.S. Geological Survey said it found low levels of radioactive particles from Japan's nuclear disaster in about 20 percent of its nationwide surveys.....

Japan's Fukushima nuclear power plant was crippled by a magnitude-9 earthquake and ensuing tsunami in March. The disaster sparked fears that radioactivity would become a threat in the United States.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency had said it found trace amounts of radioactive iodine, cesium and tellurium from the Japanese nuclear accident at air monitors on the U.S. West Coast. The USGS said it found radioactive particles in about 20 percent of the 167 sites it sampled in the United States. Most of that was found in samples along the West Coast.

The agency said that while it didn't assess human health risk, its monitoring confirmed that radiation levels were "far below" what's considered a threat to human health.

The EPA had said Americans receive radiation doses 100,000 times higher than levels coming from Japan during a typical round-trip international airplane flight.

==================================
And another one of those articles about Ken Buesseler and the other guy mentioned in it "just happens to mention" that he would not hesitate to eat any of the organisms they sampled.

'Harmless' radiation found off Japanese coast

Friday, February 24, 2012, 03:10 (GMT + 9)
...Radioactivity readings in the seawater across the track ranged from less than 3 Bq per m3 up to 4,000 Bq per m3.

The maximum of these readings is about 1,000 times what could be measured in the water under normal conditions but they were about one-tenth the levels generally considered harmful, Buesseler noted, AP reports.

The cruise did not find these highest detections in areas sampled closest to Fukushima because swirling ocean currents formed concentrations of the radioactive compounds. At the same time, the researchers were not permitted any closer than 30km to the coast....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Charcoal to Dust Face Mask Filters

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
We have some film. ignore the commercial...I do
www.ustream.tv...

its the nico nico vid without having to register, watch the countryside, or listen to studio talk, and better definition. Real clear shot of the raised and plated area behind the R1 turbine building looking south. Somewhere between the R3 turbine and the 4stack the raised area goes back to ground level and then doesnt raise again until the far south yard behind centralized waste and water treatment. Im scratching my head about that still.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Yes I have been wandering through this film. It is maddening the way the reporter points as his knees in spots he doesn't want us to see. I caught almost the same first shot. I marked the pit on the right for depth.

I don't know what these guys are doing behind #2 turbine, but remember the last film the reporters were told to shut off their cameras at this spot. The windows of the bus steam up here too. A rad run-off channel?

The road/pit behind 3-4 turbine

The south wall of the #4 turbine. Leaking water?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
A zoom on the heat exchangers, from the secret squirrel south entrance.

I wonder what the readings are for these poor guys. South wall of #4.

Three top sections have now been removed from the west face of #4. The east side is still one section. Also I marked the panel were our ejection sits.

And some readings from the hill at the south end. Check out the sticker.

edit on 23-2-2012 by Aircooled because: I forgot one. You know....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Yes I have been wandering through this film. It is maddening the way the reporter points as his knees in spots he doesn't want us to see.

I think theyre told not to shoot at certain times

I don't know what these guys are doing behind #2 turbine, but remember the last film the reporters were told to shut off their cameras at this spot. The windows of the bus steam up here too. A rad run-off channel?

We know that there have been steam emissions from behind R2 somewhere recently. And that reminds me of a pic someone sent me with a message that said this is what they are worried about. At the time it didnt hit me as important. Now Ive got to find it cause I think it was the back side of the R2 TB.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Look what a friend found?

www.microsofttranslator.com... 011%2F06%2F10%2Fphoto_2.jpg

And a chart showing Daini as well.
www.microsofttranslator.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Unit 2: Numbers All Over the Place!!

This thing appears everything but "Stable"!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And they are reporting detailed temp numbers again:

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

edit on 24-2-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
BBC This World: Inside The Meltdown

Aired by the BBC last night, available to watch via iPlayer until 10:59PM Mon, 9 Apr 2012.

Some interesting and new footage.

I may make a list of all the things they did not mention, it would be a very long list.

Broadly speaking, it omitted many of the issues that we all understand would be the things that should be creating some very tough questions for those governments still operating nuclear fission power, especially those with similar BWR reactors, large water cooled/shielded spent fuel storage facilities, and plutonium/MOX.

More later perhaps.

On a lighter note, this was also aired:

BBC Horizon - 2008-2009 10. Can We Make a Star on Earth?

Professor Brian Cox takes a global journey in search of the energy source of the future. Called nuclear fusion, it is the process that fuels the sun and every other star in the universe. Yet despite over five decades of effort, scientists have been unable to get even a single watt of fusion electricity onto the grid.

Brian returns to Horizon to find out why. Granted extraordinary access to the biggest and most ambitious fusion experiments on the planet, Brian travels to the USA to see a high security fusion bomb testing facility in action and is given a tour of the world's most powerful laser. In South Korea, he clambers inside the reaction chamber of K-Star, the world's first super-cooled, super-conducting fusion reactor where the fate of future fusion research will be decided. (R)

Worth a watch if you haven't seen it, brings home very well how miserably poorly funded the Fusion research is, and the challenges and uncertainty we still face in realising it on a large enough scale.

Some good interviews and shots of some amazing machinery.

edit on 24-2-2012 by curioustype because: Removed advice to record, possible copyright issues?

edit on 24-2-2012 by curioustype because: Oops, typo - wrote fusion where should have been fission, doh!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

TEPCO Videos Released

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Unit 2: Numbers All Over the Place!!

This thing appears everything but "Stable"!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And they are reporting detailed temp numbers again:

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Warm and Fuzzy...

we found that one thermometer in the lower part of the RPV (top of the lower head 135°) indicated the different movement from others. we investigated the concerned device. As the result of the measurement of DC resistance, we found no breaking wire and availability of the thermometer. But we confirmed that the DC resistance of it became higher than the previous measurement test data. We will evaluate the soundness of the concerned device and examine correspondence in future. We make sure no re-criticality state because there were no significant changes at the monitoring post and as the result of the sampling for the Gas Control System of the Unit 2, we confirmed that the concentration of Xe-135 was below the detectible limit. At 11:00 am on February 24, the temperature of the lower part of the RPV (top of the lower head)(135°) : approx 47.1 ℃ (Reference) At 11:00 am on February 24, the temperature of the lower part of the RPV (top of the lower head)(270°) : approx 38.5 ℃

TEPCO has no idea what is going on...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

AC, it looks like the Dai-ichi site above has been taken down already. at least all I get is a black screen while Daini comes up fine, except it just kicks back to the main govt page and I cant find this graphic either. What is this we are looking at. The red circle, was this added by someone or is this Fukushima prefecture mapping.

Im assuming its official, but its a mystery what it depicts.

The red area is approximately 200 to 300 meters below ground. Im assuming its not someones idea of where the corium is because I doubt it could ever get that far without first cooling down or a steam explosion occurring.

Real interesting graphics
------------------------------------------
As asn aside Enformable has an interesting story on a death at the plant in May. This is the worker that died of a heart attack from what Tepco initially said was from overwork. Only problem is it was his first day at the plant. Nice try Tepco.
enformable.com...

edit on 24-2-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The following is from SimplInfo
www.simplyinfo.org...
--------------------------------------------
MEXT has released a new website that has live radiation readings at various spots around Fukushima Prefecture. Most stations are at schools or city facilities. There are not any stations on Tomioka, Futuba or Okuma, all cities that are evacuated and have had very high levels. The radiation level limit used for evacuation after Chernobyl is .5 uSv/h. Cities on the list below are not evacuated with the exception of Namie and Iidate. This means that people in many towns are being exposed to Chernobyl evacuation levels still today. The list below is not a total list of areas over the safety limit but merely a sampling.

Koriyama – children’s park center 1.021 uSv/h
Koriyama – Gymnasium western Koriyama .515 uSv/h
Koriyama – riverside park Italian issue .681 uSv/h
Koriyama – tennis field .851 uSv/h
Kawachi liaison office tryst ad… .552 uSv/h
Koriyama – Municipal Takakura… .804 uSv/h
Koriyama – City Waterworks .606 uSv/h
Koriyama – Municipal Junior .900 uSv/h
Koriyama – Five junion high school .588 uSv/h
Koriyama – Kikuta Koriyama Municipal Junior High .857 uSv/h
Fukushima City – Museum of Com Com 1.030 uSv/h
Fukushima City – Watari Learning Center 1.010 uSv/h
Fukushima City – Magarimatsu park complex 1.255 uSv/h
Fukushima City – Reason…park land .814 uSv/h
Fukushima City – Yueyang Municipal Junior High .637 uSv/h
Fukushima City – Watari Municipal Junion High .585 uSv/h
Fukushima City – Hirano Junior High School .685 uSv/h
Fukushima City – Iino Fukushima Municipal Junior .661 uSv/h
Fukushima City – Acorn Child Care 1.308 uSv/h
Nihonmatsu – Iwashiro library .830 uSv/h
Nihonmatsu – Nihonmatsu library .994 uSv/h
Nihonmatsu – Third Municipal Junior High School 1.284 uSv/h
Nihonmatsu – Care College 1.033 uSv/h
Soma – Tamano Municpal Elementary .903 uSv/h
Minamisoma – Lifelong Learning Center lark… .653 uSv/h
Minamisoma – Terauchi community center .553 uSv/h
Minamisoma – Kids Club .511 uSv/h
Minamisoma – Fairy Nursery Association .561 uSv/h
Minamisoma – Nitta river waterfront park 1.421 uSv/h
Minamisoma – Ishigami Park 1.189 uSv/h
Minamisoma – Baba Auditorium 1.386 uSv/h
Namie – Elementary School 5.900 uSv/h
Namie – Tsushima Municipal Junior High 2.628 uSv/h
Namie – Tsushi… 9.841 uSv/h
Iidate – Kusano village kindergarten 2.031 uSv/h
Iidate – Itoi kindergarten 2.306 uSv/h
Iidate – Junior high school 2.907 uSv/h
Iidate – school Soma 3.263 uSv/h
Shirakawa – Daishin Municipal Junior High .503 uSv/h
Shirakawa – Hospital Nursery .587 uSv/h
Shirakawa – Children’s Club Odagawa .507 uSv/h
Shirakawa – #3 Midorigaoka Park New.. .557 uSv/h
Shirakawa – Park Hills Park #1 .583 uSv/h
Shirakawa – #5 New Town Park .509 uSv/h

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Did Tepco and the Self Defense Forces really think that we would pack it in and not try and stay on top of a radiation emergency worse than Chernobyl. Do they really think people are that dumb, that uncaring and uninformed.

To date myself and also paraphrase an old Chevron commercial

"DO PEOPLE CARE.....PEOPLE DO"

Deal with it SDF (and at this point saying Tepco is worthless, cause they no longer exist in Fukushima, and the real owners have taken control).

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

And a chart showing Daini as well.
www.microsofttranslator.com...

Well...that's not very reassuring is it. On a side note...looks like China Syndrome to me....

Des

new topics

top topics

<< 1215  1216  1217    1219  1220  1221 >>

join