It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1216.htm
<< 1213  1214  1215    1217  1218  1219 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Well, I went through our #4 pool film again. Ok, our unkown glow is at 43 seconds, If you watch from 40 seconds on you'll notice the camera is panning across the the top of the fuel rod assemblies. We can see the handles of the assemblies at the beginning. Now look at this and tell me if the corner under the glow has been pushed up?

AC that was my take from the first time I saw that, it looked like something was out of place. The other thing that didnt make sense was the shape of the beam of light. If it came from above it would be expanding out when it got to the bottom. This light expands out as it goes to the top, suggesting that it is coming from the bottom and shooting up.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
They are currently pumping the most water they have ever pumped into the reactors, 27 m3/h. Where is all this water going. And why isnt the media asking this question. This water has to be going somewhere, and it doesnt appear to be going out as steam. So where is it going????

And once again, Tepco has killed data that they didnt like. I wonder what the error readout is.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
WTF. I cant believe I read this. from the WSJ

Reactor No. 4 appeared badly damaged but Tepco officials blamed that on the force of the explosion at No. 3.

Theyre just joking around yeah. They cant be serious. How could a fuggin reporter let that statement fly. Now Ive heard it all.

And this is the most recent shot of the new scaffolding projects. Has Tepco said what these are for. And waht is the dripping white stuff. Hmmmmmm????

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Well, I went through our #4 pool film again. Ok, our unkown glow is at 43 seconds, If you watch from 40 seconds on you'll notice the camera is panning across the the top of the fuel rod assemblies. We can see the handles of the assemblies at the beginning. Now look at this and tell me if the corner under the glow has been pushed up?

I marked a line where it looks like the tops of the fuel assemblies have been pushed up in the corner. I know it's murky so lets get some more eyes on it.... Gates to hell?

I have looked at this video and still pics so many times my head literally hurts.

Yep, I agree looks like that corner is elevated some, and I can't see how that glow could be coming from anywhere else but from below.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure sure how new this footage is, but it newer. It has really slick captions too.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
For Intrptr...Ya mean like this?

And we have some new footage of #2 steamin away.

More journalists tour Fukushima: Parking lot areas “too contaminated” — Told to stay on metal plates so radiation is shielded somewhat
Why? What's emitting under a parking lot, way up on the hill? If it's coming from the reactors, why put steel plates on the ground up there? It seems to me it would make more sense to stand them up like a fence.

enenews.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
These pictures and the video on ex-skf blogspot needs to be saved if possible and did you see the comment underneath which is very relevant.

Karen Sherry Brackett said...
Chibaguy, I agree. We would use oxygen tanks in the U.S. instead of general respirators as shown in this video www.telegraph.co.uk...

At least these workers have full face masks and have their ears covered. This is a process that takes time for fittings. It was a mistake to take journalist in there without proper protection. Given plutonium was part of the mix in one of the reactors, tyvek suits are not enough. The plastic bags on feet is poor quality foot gear and truly most importantly these lies of showing gieger counter displays covered in plastic as if those readings are accurate is scandalous. Plastic shields alpha and if the plastic contains a neutron absorper which I suspect in the case of the school childrens' dosimeters then the data is falsified as well. Putting plastic over dosimeters and geiger counters is like only putting one foot on the scale. In addition, one can see neutron emissions outside of the reactor one building on the night TEPCO live cam at the rate of one per minute. This plant is far from stable. In my opinion, it is not safe for residents to return. They have lost containment.

Also BBC TV program on Thursday - This World. Inside the Meltdown’ is on BBC 2, 9pm, Thursday
in which some of the engineers speak out publicly. Seems like the floodgates may have opened and we may get more info out of there if we are lucky. UK Telelgraph newspaper article

Also the page with the telegraph video on it here
Fukushima nuclear plant opened to journalists

edit on 20 Feb 2012 by qmantoo because: add UK BBC program and telegraph link

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

And we have some new footage of #2 steamin away.

No doubt about it.

After seeing that I reviewed the one that has the fog bank rising from last week, and just before the fog bank rises you can see the same type of emissions from the same place occurring. And both these vids show these emissions coming from the lower levels of either the reactor building or turbine building. In other words, its not coming from the blow out panel hole that it has usually come out of.

I guess that partly answers the question as to where the water is going. At least for R2

--------------------------
Have watched most of the nico nico vid, at least the stuff in the plant. Some interesting things, but whoever was doing the filming kept dropping the cam or moving and shooting something else just as they were getting to something of interest. I kept wanting to grab the cam and shoot what was important.

It does show that the raised area goes all the way now to the south embankment, the furthest south point of the plant behind Centralized waste treatment. If its strange that they would steel plate the upper parking lot, raising the road with multiple layers of steel plates behind the CWT is really really strange.

And about that parking area, isnt that the parking area that they showed them using that new fangled heavy equipment vacuum cleaner. Obviously it wasnt heavy duty enough. They need something that will suck the black off the asphalt

edit on 20-2-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Can anyone guess what the blacdk object below is. One minute its there and when the filmer goes back ton that area a minute later its gone. Since the bottom section still is in the 2nd picture it doent look like a crane or heavy equipment

------------------------
And on a lighter note, Occupy Japan is in full swing

edit on 21-2-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Z, I think we are looking at different versions of the same film. I haven't looked at yours yet because I thought I had to subscribe to this Japanese blog to see it? On the black thing hanging from the NW corner of #4. No idea. It's only in one shot on my film and it's covered by the caption.
Oddities I found. Our little smashed waste treatement admin building [is that right?] south of #4 has had some work done it front of the cracked foundation. Shielded plumbing, maybe?

In this shot I marked the base on the left and what looks like steam rising on the right. It looks as if it could be coming off the new plumbing project? The caption blocks us from seeing the lower part. Hopefully a captionless version will show up.

And another shot of one of our mysterious scafold towers. Looking south from the corner of #1 turbine Rd and beach St.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Kansai Electric to Suspend Takahama No. 3 Nuclear Reactor

Kansai Electric Power Co. will suspend the No. 3 nuclear reactor of its Takahama power station in Fukui Prefecture, central Japan, around midnight Monday for routine checkups. Japan will then see only two of all 54 nuclear reactors in the country working.

Power utilities have been unable to restart suspended reactors, due to public opposition in the wake of the accident at Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s disaster-crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant. The two remaining reactors--the No. 6 reactor of Tokyo Electric's Kashiwazaki-Kriwa plant in Niigata Prefecture, east of Fukui, and the No. 3 reactor of Hokkaido Electric Power Co.'s Tomari plant in the northern prefecture of Hokkaido--will also go offline in late March and April, respectively.

www.power-eng.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

How Cesium is Accumulating in Tokyo Bay

ajw.asahi.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

1. The Water they use is as far as i remember in Circulation
and should not "Vanish" in the Deep of the Basements and Underground-Connections!

2. The big Building Processes are afaik for new Storage of contaminated Water!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
reply to post by zworld

1. The Water they use is as far as i remember in Circulation
and should not "Vanish" in the Deep of the Basements and Underground-Connections!

Thanks Human, I forgot about the closed loop system. That explains it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Arnie Gundersen in Japan.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Z, I think we are looking at different versions of the same film. I haven't looked at yours yet because I thought I had to subscribe to this Japanese blog to see it?

I dont like having to register either but figured there had to be something in the 5 hours that might reveal something. But it turned up very little and alot of the 5 hours is spent talking in the studio or traveling through the countryside. Plus its a pain in the ass cause you cant stop and start on a dime. It pauses then jumps around etc.

There is a couple of priceless things that I came across but am hesitant to post as its a new line of investigation and I dont want Tepco to know where its going else theyll start editing stuff out.

But here is one thing that I found very interesting and would love to hear if anyone knows whats up with this. This huge pipe runs out the back of centralized waste and into the raised road. This big pipe I cant find on any of the water treatment schematics. And why would they bury it under the raised road. Its been heavily plated so its a permanent structure. I find this one very interesting.

ON EDIT forgot this shot for reference

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
More data on R2 going south. This time its the bellows air valve sensor. From simpyinfo simplyinfo.org...

Along with the CRD sensor at unit 2 that has been trending up for days, now the RPV bellows air valve sensor is trending up. This sensor is up high on the RPV cap, far away from the hot fuel. It appears to be an unusual one to “fail” as TEPCO has been quick to label it. Peter Melzer explains what this new heat up may mean: “The bellows thermometer is near the flange of the rpv cap. This means that 1) it is difficult to conceive that the high readings are caused by damage and 2) superheated steam must be gathering under the cap. I did not recognize much steam on the endoscopy exploration, but perhaps the constant rain we saw is condensed steam.

This is the fourth sensor to start 'acting up' (Tepcos term for anything that doesnt agree with their 'coldish shutdown').

Now we need to see how long Tepco waits before declaring equipment malfunction. Should be soon.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

For Intrptr...Ya mean like this?

Too funny air-cooled (and scarily much more like it). Had to come off the porch to comment on that. Just observing for now. Excellent job on the thread everyone...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

"Marine Soil Coating"

Wonder if this has ever been done before?

www.tepco.co.jp...

Wonder if it is gonna do any good...too little...too late?

enenews.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I cant stop thinking about the black dust they're finding in Minami-Soma. The alpha ratio to beta/gamma isn't right. The stuff they've been finding for the most part up to now have been the beta/gamma emitters, Sr-90, Co-60, Cs-134 and 137, and tritium.

The main alpha emitters are plutonium, uranium, americium, and radium, and one or more of these are most likely in the black dust. We can probably count radium out unless someone sprinkled it around on purpose.

In a nuclear explosion uranium and plutonium fission to produce the beta/gamma emitters with a minor amount of alpha emission from unfissioned uranium and plutonium. The level of alpha emitters depends on how efficient the fissioning of the bomb material.

If a nuclear explosion occurred in an underground weapons factory it would have been inefficient and produced a greater alpha to beta/gamma ratio. Its also posible that the blast would have acted like a 'dirty bomb', distributing unfissioned fuel located in the general area as well.

This material was discovered by citizens and tested privately.

I have a bad felling that the Japanese government is right now hiding knowledge of this high alpha ratio throughout Fukushima and southern Miyagi prefectures. It would reveal more than they want revealed about Dai-ichi.

Volunteer group in Fukushima, HCR (Cf. this article Life in 20km) found the black substance in Minami soma.
They found it at more than 12 locations, including school road.
It looks like a wet part of the asphalt, is very difficult to recognize.
Prof. Yamauchi from Kobe university measured 1,080,000 Bq/Kg of cesium. It’s assumed to be from reactor 3.
HCR measured
γ+β+α:61.321μSv/h
γ+β:15.622μSv/h
α : 45.699μSv/h
It includes high level of alpha nuclides.
This area was evacuating zone but Japanese government lifted the restriction last September, so citizens are still living including adults and children.

new topics

top topics

<< 1213  1214  1215    1217  1218  1219 >>

join