It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1213.htm
<< 1210  1211  1212    1214  1215  1216 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
To all the folks that contribute and lurk this thread...

Grateful,
- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Greetings all. Z, if memory serves, that would be the report that was withheld from the public early in the disaster and only admitted to much later. I am on my kindle so not able to search, copy and paste from way back like normally.

Come on bluetooth keyboard for kindle fire, come out of r & d.

And as for the dust, are they still burning the sludge created in water treatment nearby? That sludge was extremely hot.

Peace.

edit on 16-2-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Unit 2 Gas Sampling Results

"Detected" or when it is "Detected" it's "Under Evaluation"...

It's that squirley Kr-85...

Feb 17:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Feb. 16:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Feb 14:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Feb 6:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Feb.6 again:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Feb. 2:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Jan. 25:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Jan. 19:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Jan. 16:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Jan 11:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Jan. 4:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Dec. 15:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

edit on 16-2-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by manicminxx
Edit: so, in a nutshell, that map is about airborne concentrations of iodine. Z's assumptions are correct.

Thanks MM. that does indeed help alot. Now to find out how they came up with that. Thats going to take some doing.

If its from offshore monitoring then we indeed had instant meltdown. And it was so easy. Dont add water....heat...and serve. Viola.

Nuclear fallout and waste from nuclear power. Its whats for dinner. For the next quarter million years. Yum.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
reply to post by zworld

Greetings all. Z, if memory serves, that would be the report that was withheld from the public early in the disaster and only admitted to much later. I am on my kindle so not able to search, copy and paste from way back like normally.

Come on bluetooth keyboard for kindle fire, come out of r & d.

And as for the dust, are they still burning the sludge created in water treatment nearby? That sludge was extremely hot.

Peace.

Wow cool, good to see you again DWW .If you do get a chance to paste in Id love to see that stuff.

Yes, I believe so. But I think the dust is a little grittier than that would be, but not sure. The thing that is puzzling is the alpha emissions. That has to be some pretty hot debris to come up with those levels of plutonium or whatever actinide it is. And its gone through a long stretch of time before getting to where it is in dust form, which suggests its already lost rad intensity. And that area where they found it is Im pretty isnt even a voluntary evac zone, or maybe it is.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

To all the folks that contribute and lurk this thread...

Grateful,
- Purple Chive

Thanks, don't know if it is related but,,,

Making News Tonight

A Bottle-nosed dolphin captured off Tokyo last month has an extra set of fins that could be the remains of hind legs. Japanese scientists described the find as a breakthrough, a delicious, delicious breakthrough.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Remember this...
radioactive sewage sludge turned into concrete

This concrete was sent out for reconstruction. Some was and is likely still being burned too adding to the toxic soup.

Nearly one year later and the death star beneath Fukushima burns brightly. Been awhile since I could post here. Lost my father to cancer last year. Too close to home this nightmare is...for all of us.

This whole thread is like watching a horror film with no end. Let's just say it's like I had to excuse myself and use the restroom during some particularly horrifying realizations all found on these pages. Takes awhile to muster the courage to uncover your eyes again.

*peeking around the corner now*

It's bad...real bad...isn't it?

Sigh

I thank you all for staying the course. Figure it's time to work on Fukushima...one year later communications...to those being invisibly visited by it's deathly rays.

Peace and thanks for the kind words.

Typos are the kindle's fault... naaa.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Some info from our bud Lucas.
New docs show contamination was much higher than reported, but piles of data were secretly transmitted and analyzed by United States, Russia, China, and Japan.
enformable.com...

I think it crosses all our minds that some of these smaller, shallower quakes, close to fuk, aren't quakes?
enenews.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Myself, Im kinda going with the theory that none of the original instrumentation survived the meltdown. The more I go over data the more Im beginning to think they're all fried. How could they not be. 2800C melts everything pretty much. Of course that doesnt explain where the readings they are getting are coming from.

Thanks for the reply. I think you are right. Most of the original gear, has been shook, exploded, cooked and irradiated beyond the pale. Thats the nature of the beast. All the time power generation from nuclear fuel is in operation, it is a beast straining against its bonds. And thats during normal operating procedure. Kick the legs out from under cooling and containment and it just goes all to pieces. There are charts somewhere that I was monitoring that answer your question z about new "temporary" Reactor Temp Sensors.

I'm having some trouble locating new data now. Since I began tracking and reporting the temperatures in the bottom of #2, I have been unable to find the new data in the same link I previously book marked. What is there is not updated and some windows in the site have vanished. I would hate for that to mean that someone is monitoring this site for any "truth" and quickly covering the tracks. Coupled with the difficulty I have defending my position over and over on here as to what I am saying is a further waste of my time. I quit for now.
They win.

Oh, and keep an eye on #2 CRD Temp. it ain't done yet.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Since I began tracking and reporting the temperatures in the bottom of #2, I have been unable to find the new data in the same link I previously book marked. What is there is not updated and some windows in the site have vanished.

Its happened to my links before. And then someone else gave me a new link that they had all along. Mirror sites?

I would hate for that to mean that someone is monitoring this site for any "truth" and quickly covering the tracks.

And that has happened so many times its ridiculous.

Oh, and keep an eye on #2 CRD Temp. it ain't done yet.

And i still think it may be the only one functioning. Scary thought huh.

If you quit for now hopefully its only till you wake up tomorrow chomping at the bit to go for more. Your input is always valuable intrptr.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with anything really, but I was just watching the Tepco webam and it looks as if every (regular amount of time, like 1 second) there is a frame which is worse than the rest and I wondered if that frame was taken out if it would significantly improve the quality. If you watch the far left side behind building 1, you can probably see it happening.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Some info from our bud Lucas.
New docs show contamination was much higher than reported,

Everyday that becomes clearer and clearer to me. The amount of radiation released was many times that which Tepco and NISA admitted to. In fact, following SPEEDI, which is probably the only real indication we have of how much was released, there was a continuous stream of rads from minutes after the tsunami hit. And it never really let up, it just grew in intensity until it peaked on the 16th and plateaued. The only parameter that mattered was where the wind was blowing. When it blew onto land it was a spike. When it blew out over the sea there was no radiation.

And tepco was very upset that people suggested that there was radiation and would everyone just act mature and smile and nothing can hurt you and by the way can we dump some not radioactive very much dirt in your backyard. It grows big watermelons.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Bad Juju at the breeder

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Monju fast breeder reactor's sodium detector hits trouble

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- A sodium detector at Japan's prototype fast-breeder reactor Monju went out of order, the government's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said Thursday.

But neither sodium leakage nor damage to the environment has been reported, said the agency under the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.

The state-run Japan Atomic Energy Agency, the operator of the Monju reactor in Tsuruga, Fukui Prefecture, is currently working to repair the detector, it said.

An alarm sounded at the central control room shortly after 3 p.m. Thursday notifying of trouble at the detector. A fan that sends air around the sodium coolant piping to the detector apparently came to a halt, it said.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
There are charts somewhere that I was monitoring that answer your question z about new "temporary" Reactor Temp Sensors.

intrptr. So they have installed some temp stuff. Interesting. That changes my thinking.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Nuclear crisis makes Japan ex-PM Kan an energy apostle

POLITICIANS' FAILURE The Fukushima crisis destroyed the myth that atomic energy is safe, cheap and clean and prompted Japan to scrap a plan to boost its share of electricity demand to more than half by 2030. The government is now crafting a new mid-term programme.

But critics have questioned whether Noda, a stolid former finance minister keen on fiscal reform, is really committed to reducing reliance on atomic energy and introducing reforms that would help give renewable energy a bigger share. "It is not true that things have not moved forward (under Noda) ... There have been dramatic changes," Kan said. "The Noda administration is proceeding basically with what I was thinking at that time (of the accident) although there are various forms of resistance such as from some businesses. Noda and the nuclear minister are steadily proceeding with reform."

He did, however, take a swipe at politicians on both sides of the aisle for bickering rather than cooperating in the wake of the accident. "The Japanese people have acted calmly and were patient in their response to the accident," he said. "But as for whether politicians fully cooperated at the time of the accident and thereafter, unfortunately that's not the case."

Kan stopped short of floating a target date for when Japan should exit nuclear power entirely, although he noted that reality on the ground was moving ahead of policy. All but three of Japan's 54 reactors are off-line mostly for maintenance, and the government has yet to persuade wary local authorities that it is safe to resume operations. "I believe that most people will seek a society that does not rely on nuclear power if we can show them specifically that (non-nuclear) energy can realistically be supplied," Kan said.

"Japan can strengthen its energy supply system outside of nuclear and fossil fuel while moving forward with energy conservation ... It is possible for Japan to become the model of a society that does not rely on nuclear power."

www.reuters.com...

Factbox: Japan's hidden nightmare scenario for Fukushima

Two weeks after the crisis in March, the head of Japan's Atomic Energy Commission drew up a worst-case scenario. It was presented to Kan, but never officially released to the public.

Below are key points from the scenario document, obtained by Reuters, that was compiled by commission chairman Shunsuke Kondo and entitled "Sketches of Scenarios of Contingencies at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power plant."

MULTIPLE REACTOR EXPLOSIONS, MELTDOWNS AT FUEL POOL Multiple vapor and hydrogen explosions and a loss of cooling functions at the six reactors at Tokyo Electric Power Co's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant lead to radiation leaks and reactor failures.

Thousands of spent fuel rods, crammed into cooling pools at the plant, melt and mix with concrete, then fall to the lower level of the buildings.

CHAIN OF EVENTS In a possible domino effect, a hydrogen explosion at one reactor forces workers to evacuate due to high levels of radiation, halting cooling operations at all reactors and spent fuel pools. Reactors and cooling pools suffer serious damage and radiation leaks.

Read the rest:"
www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Feb 17: Unit 2 Temp Data

Now down to -3.0:

www.tepco.co.jp...

CRD 193:

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Translating from Tepconese

The original document was never translated into english, so here goes.

At 2:00 pm today, as result of conducting the thermometers concerned, we judged that it does not deviate with the "Conditions for operation" which are provided in the Reactor Facility Safety Regulation for the temperature of the lower part of the Reactor Pressure Vessel of Unit 2, we corrected an original judgment retroactively to on February 12.

Google translation

Sometime this afternoon reactor after getting back from lunch Hiroshi when there is played with the thermo things and told us here is the that any with bad readings working properly maybe not in fact, and Hiroshi is very smart person.

And we decided to exclude the thermometers from the monitoring items for the temperature of the lower part of the Reactor Pressure Vessel in Safety Regulation Article 138 and we checked the temperature of the lower part of the Reactor Pressure Vessel than other thermometers and we continuously confirm that there is not critical state inside the Reactor.

So we managing shutdown to ignore when reactor any the thermo thingies that dont see with coldish shutdown is obvious that the thermo thingies sometimes in afternoon giving good readings are ones working. Therefore coldish shutdown restarted but never stopped because Tepco is was always cold in there just time thermo thingies wrong to be showing where how reactor bottom is now after all.

We decrease the water injection amount into Unit 2 as soon as we are ready.

so with time monitoring reactor and temps with cold shutdown are complete but watering reactors is good.

We try the maintenance of the cold shutdown state and the ensuring safety of the plant continuously

Google is unable to translate the last sentence properly as all they come up with is "Tepco is very trying always".

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Seawater is risky coolant for nuclear fuel

Using seawater to cool nuclear fuel was the best choice for post-tsunami Japan,
but the method could be risky. ---

But Navrotsky and others have since discovered a new way in which seawater can corrode nuclear fuel, forming uranium compounds that could potentially travel long distances, either in solution or as very small particles. The research team published its work in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

“This is a phenomenon that has not been considered before,” says Navrotsky, distinguished professor of ceramic, earth, and environmental materials chemistry. “We don’t know how much this will increase the rate of corrosion, but it is something that will have to be considered in future.” -----

Uranium in nuclear fuel rods is in a chemical form that is “pretty insoluble” in water, Navrotsky said, unless the uranium is oxidized to uranium-VI—a process that can be facilitated when radiation converts water into peroxide, a powerful oxidizing agent.

www.futurity.org...

Uranyl peroxide enhanced nuclear fuel corrosion in seawater

The Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear accident brought together compromised irradiated fuel and large amounts of seawater in a high radiation field. Based on newly acquired thermochemical data for a series of uranyl peroxide compounds containing charge-balancing alkali cations, here we show that nanoscale cage clusters containing as many as 60 uranyl ions, bonded through peroxide and hydroxide bridges, are likely to form in solution or as precipitates under such conditions. These species will enhance the corrosion of the damaged fuel and, being thermodynamically stable and kinetically persistent in the absence of peroxide, they can potentially transport uranium over long distances.

www.pnas.org...

So many unknown things happened in F'Shima,
it is amazing, deadly amazing !

When we search for a Solution of "the Black Dust Trivea"
we need to go back to our old University,
how easy it could be when we just need to ask our Doctor-Father

edit on 17-2-2012 by Human0815 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
A lot are Free of Charge

Searching journal content for Fukushima in full text.

Displaying results 1-10 of 442

www.pnas.org...

My Favorite is:

1-10 of 372,464 hits for fukushima @ Scirus

www.scirus.com...

Oh, there is nothing to read about F'Shima

Ach ja, i tried to check the surface Radiation of our Air-Filter,
maybe tomorrow i will try another, better Methods!

edit on 17-2-2012 by Human0815 because: Video

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Feb. 17: More Unit 2 Data

Hydrogen at .05%...improvement from .08%
www.tepco.co.jp...

And this arrogance:

・ 14:00 February 17: We evaluated that the temperature at the bottom of the PCV was not actually risen and it didn’t exceed the limit of the safety operation. Our evaluation of violation of the safety operation was corrected retroactive to February 12. The meter was deleted from the list of the meters to monitor the temperature of the bottom of the PVC. The temperature is monitored with the other meters. *1) Based on the management of facilities stipulated at the Article 12 “Mid-term safety securing” of Act of the Regulation of Nuclear Source Material, Nuclear Fuel Material and Reactors, it provides “Operational Limit“ and “measures required in the case that does not satisfy the Operational Limit“, it is required to respond based on the measures required in the case that does not satisfy the Operational Limit. In our case, in order to implement the preservation work, it was shifted to outside of operational limit condition as planned (from 1:55 pm on February 12), we changed the water injection amount into the reactor of Unit 2. At 2:20 pm, we judged that it was not satisfied “the temperature is below 80 °C at the bottom of PCV”, which is stipulated in “the Reactor Facility safety Regulation” as one of the “Conditions of operation”. as the indicated temperature was 82 °C beyond 80 °C. We continue to change the water injection amount accordingly. *2) Reactor Facility Safety Regulation provides necessary conditions such as the numbers of the permitted machines etc. or criteria of temperatures and pressures for securing multiple safety function for operating reactors and for keeping nuclear power stations stable and these are treated as conditions for operation. When there happen some malfunctions of equipment provided in the regulation and a nuclear power station can not clear the conditions temporarily, operators have to take required countermeasures.

Still have water dumping at 17.7 cubic meters per hour.

- Purple Chive

new topics

top topics

<< 1210  1211  1212    1214  1215  1216 >>

join