Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1210
<< 1207  1208  1209    1211  1212  1213 >>

join

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Cold shutdown at 752 F?

www.washingtonsblog.com...

Our friends at Berkeley don't seem to have an explanation for 9 times background in the rain, but are all worried about debunking a Canuck taking rad readings. Hmmmm. I wonder?
www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
@ All,

i want to ask one more time:"
"What is your Idea about the Nuckelchede-Video"

There is Mist coming from the Reactor, because it is cold in F'Shima
and everything inside of the Building is warm or hot but what is this
creeping Stuff coming until the Camera?

Is this just a Graphic?
Or "Reality"???

Me- very confused!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
@ All,

i want to ask one more time:"
"What is your Idea about the Nuckelchede-Video"

There is Mist coming from the Reactor, because it is cold in F'Shima
and everything inside of the Building is warm or hot but what is this
creeping Stuff coming until the Camera?

Is this just a Graphic?
Or "Reality"???

Me- very confused!

Its really hard to say Human-San. It could be a serious indicator of trouble at R2 or a weird weather anomaly. What is needed is another angle which of course Tepco isnt about to give us.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
First Tokyo flat out rejects the idea of a referendum, now Osaka. I dont get it. Its not a binding resolution, just a display of the peoples desires. Why block it.
mdn.mainichi.jp...

A majority vote by the assembly is required to hold a referendum but Hashimoto's regional political party, the Osaka Restoration Association, is taking a cautious stance as the mayor is reluctant to hold one, citing the huge costs involved.

And if it really is about the huge costs, has the mayor of Osaka heard about what is happening at Dai-ichi. Makes you wonder.

Democracy, justice, freedom, the will of the people. Dust in the wind.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Professor who promoted lenient standards for nuclear containers received donations/ lol. "Donations"!

A Tokyo Institute of Technology professor received a large amount of donations from engineering firm OCL Corp. before he promoted lenient inspection standards for spent nuclear fuel casks that the company produced, the Mainichi has learned.

Professor Masanori Aritomi was the driving force behind the standards, which favored OCL Corp. The Atomic Energy Society of Japan (AESJ) adopted the standards for inspections of transportation casks.
------
Aritomi served as head of the panel on transportation casks and its umbrella organization, the nuclear fuel cycle department. He also took on the position of deputy chairman of the decision-making standards committee.

Tokyo Institute of Technology records show that Aritomi received a total of 14.85 million yen in scholarship donations from OCL between fiscal 2006 and 2010. Another researcher, a Tokyo Institute of Technology associate professor and a member of the sectional committee, received a 1 million yen scholarship donation in fiscal 2010
-----
However, when asked about his involvement in the entire decision-making process, he said, "It cannot be helped if suspicion is raised over my neutrality. I think I should resign at least as the head of the sectional committee or deputy chairman of the standards committee."

mdn.mainichi.jp...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Something has occurred to me concerning the situation in R2. I don't know what to think of the wild fluctuations or what is working and what isn't. It would take an honest utility releasing alot more data to know for sure, and Tepco doesnt appear capable of either honesty or more detailed data output.

But if the thermocouples are indeed working in an intense heat (and rising) environment, here is a possible scenario. Its only one of many though, so take it with a grain of salt.

When corium hits the bottom of the RPV, it may divide into fingers that exit through the weak points, ie the control rods and other penetrations. Then these fingers hit the concrete basemat and continue a similar process. Where grooves exist the corium will eat through faster. The corium is probably not a single mass at this point, but instead individual slag chunks that form their own channels.

The upper most parts form a crust where they are interacting with water. The lower parts eventually break away from the hardened crust and continue on with their journey. The hardened crust then becomes a plug in the channel. This happens with magma underground after a volcanic eruption. Future eruptions are dependent on when the magma breaks through the plug again.

In the case of corium, the breaking of the plug would occur from pressure exerted on it from below, when the corium slags hit groundwater. Eventually the pressure will reach the point of blowing the plug out and releasing the steam and heat back up into containment. If containment hasnt been breached into atmosphere, it will hold this pressure and heat, unless it builds to the breaking point.

Its just a wild theory.

ON EDIT: And probably not right as I believe that containment in R2 was breached on the 15th. Or were those readings and thermocouples not working after being exposed to temps of 2800 C. Hmmmmm? So many questions, so little honest data.
edit on 14-2-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
sure hope that wasn't the "sludge"
hitting the water table,,
or a crack in the wall ,
letting in seawater,
ohh and that second camera
was about,,20 miles away.

yup,
big,big, it was.

Me.

too quote from above post
" In the case of corium, the breaking of the plug would occur from pressure exerted on it from below, when the corium slags hit groundwater."

sure hope that wasn't the "sludge"
hitting the water table,,
well seems too be the only logical conclusion, then,
right chappies, why no hydrogen explosion? ie Atomic Bomb type whatever,,?
did slag finally cool too the point of stopping?
or is opening a volcanic seem, next,,
and counting?
tick tock,,from water table too mantle
in 12 hours,,???
then how far too, next layer,,??
,and est. time ?
at present burn rates..?
dont rush it should keep ,, giving ,, for quite a while,,

me.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Human. My fear is that if the core did hit the water table and steam the ground below, dry, the whole site could collapse into a dried out crater below, with a big KABOOM and the sea following. Add the quakes, add the basements and the extra weight of all the water, add tepco in charge, and it's a pretty scary thought.

And this from Fukushima Diary.
fukushima-diary.com...
Again...I'm no expert.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
Something has occurred to me concerning the situation in R2. I don't know what to think of the wild fluctuations or what is working and what isn't. It would take an honest utility releasing alot more data to know for sure, and Tepco doesnt appear capable of either honesty or more detailed data output.

But if the thermocouples are indeed working in an intense heat (and rising) environment, here is a possible scenario. Its only one of many though, so take it with a grain of salt.

When corium hits the bottom of the RPV, it may divide into fingers that exit through the weak points, ie the control rods and other penetrations. Then these fingers hit the concrete basemat and continue a similar process. Where grooves exist the corium will eat through faster. The corium is probably not a single mass at this point, but instead individual slag chunks that form their own channels.

The upper most parts form a crust where they are interacting with water. The lower parts eventually break away from the hardened crust and continue on with their journey. The hardened crust then becomes a plug in the channel. This happens with magma underground after a volcanic eruption. Future eruptions are dependent on when the magma breaks through the plug again.

In the case of corium, the breaking of the plug would occur from pressure exerted on it from below, when the corium slags hit groundwater. Eventually the pressure will reach the point of blowing the plug out and releasing the steam and heat back up into containment. If containment hasnt been breached into atmosphere, it will hold this pressure and heat, unless it builds to the breaking point.

Its just a wild theory.

ON EDIT: And probably not right as I believe that containment in R2 was breached on the 15th. Or were those readings and thermocouples not working after being exposed to temps of 2800 C. Hmmmmm? So many questions, so little honest data.
edit on 14-2-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

Z, many pages back, I attempted to say the exact same thing, you just put it in much better words than I could!!

Think it through, that's exactly how it would happen. Any molten material is going to find the fastest exit from where it is, the weakest link. In these types of reactors, the weakest links are the control rod ports, then any conduits that are in/out from the containment, like the sensor wires and power cables.

Again, correct, you would have various pools of corium, in varying densities based on how much flowed and when scattered around the concrete, bleeding past the concrete when it finds the least resistance.

That was also why I speculated that the containment is being heated like a pot on a gas stove. They can't get water to where the corium is, because the holes are either clogged up with crusted over corium, and/or the water is just flowing past this mass, and exiting the containment through various other cracks and holes.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Thanks. Been a while since I've checked in at his site.

And I THANK YOU FOR THE COLOR EMPHASES. It helps me and my aging eyes a lot.

Much appreciated. [color=Chartreuse]Let the whiners on that score deal with it. Some of us appreciate it and find it useful for several reasons.

[color=Cyan]Besides, color is part of life and very useful as well as esthetic.

In terms of Cliff . . . and his info . . . I wonder what percentage he's been accurate the last year. Anyone have any stats on that?

Certainly a lot of the above warnings seem somewhat plausible. Not sure about all of them. Some seem more than a little 'out there.'

Greetings:

Thank you for your kind words and participation.

Regarding Half-past Human clif: Aside from being a bit miffed when we shared the bit about him losing about 14 feet of beachfront and got seriously trounced by no less than Puterman, we have found his prognostications to be eerily spot-on in many cases, too many for mere chance, IMHO.

Check out this sharing from brother clif:

We, the regular humans seeking our paths in life, can do so, that is 'cheat against war' by creating novel forms of potential.

We can start ahead of the chain in that sense by circulating new ways of thinking that in turn will create new potential that in turn creates new probability ahead of the war to kill almost all humans that the entrenched powers are so desperately trying to drive into our immediate future.

In ways we could not ourselves envision, though we can certainly see the 'potential' in so doing, each time we create a new potential, multiple new probabilities are also created.

These then lead to yet new outcomes....some of which will not involve the last humans alive stumbling out their final minutes in confusion on the corpses of their families.

Reducing the great taoist master Lu to 'now speak'.....
[color=Cyan]if you add value to universe, universe will reward it by creating more potential in your life to add yet more value. In this way, terrestrial beings may manifest personal power.

And this may be of interest, also from clif:

World War 3 is here.

The aware observer sees the evidence as Wolf and the Other Blitzers carefully seed the linguistics of the propaganda channels here in the reptile owned anglo-american empire. They plant these seeds on orders of their masters such that we will all respond appropriately at the appointed time to act out our part in planned grand death ritual, World War 3.

World War 3 is here. The reptiles are even now planning the details of your death in their ritual sacrifice and feeding frenzy. Deny it, or accept it, your choice. A terrible choice, either way, with repercussions long lasting, and dread.

A terrible choice, to acknowledge that omnihumanity is marching along obediently - yet-again - to orders that will result in the deaths of billions in very short order, or to deny that such a possibility exists, to put to rest all the nagging worries that something is decidedly wrong, and to surrender to the mind-control, fully supporting the version of reality fostered on you by your ‘betters’.

[color=Salmon]A terrible choice, to own your position as one of very few aware and thus a member of the ‘insane conspiracy theory fringe’, or one of the masses, fully swallowing the lies and hoping that ‘this time is different’.

So, you are here now, watch Wolf and the Other Blitzers over the coming months noting their use of language and war symbols. Note who they speak with, and whom is ignored. See what subjects are brought up how often, and especially watch for what is not shown.

Follow with conscious awareness as they attempt to lead your mind to death in their ritual wars. The aware observer will grasp the language changes over these coming months as they begin to introduce the plan to the unprotected minds of humans all around you.

As Wolf and the Other Blitzers’ slogans say, ‘watch, then decide’. It is, after all, their lies, and your terrible choice.

[color=Cyan]click stargate

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

Nuclear energy is completely safe because computers, not humans, control it

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
Z, many pages back, I attempted to say the exact same thing, you just put it in much better words than I could!!

Im pretty sure you got me to thinking about it, the plugs and stuff, from a post even further back than that one.

Then I saw an animation of magma pushing plugs out in volcanoes and it really got me going. I really wish we could get detailed microseismic data from Dai-ichi but it looks like Hinet has that site blocked just like Speedi data.

If we could get the wavefoerm data we could see if drumbeat EQs were happening, which are magmatic tremors caused by magma pushing plugs.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

Beautiful

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
did anyone else see this article? www.digitaljournal.com...

Active faults near Fukushima increase risk of new disaster

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

does not bode well...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

Our friends at Berkeley don't seem to have an explanation for 9 times background in the rain, but are all worried about debunking a Canuck taking rad readings. Hmmmm. I wonder?
www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

I have said it many times before, never trust the UC systerm for anything. It was over taken many many years ago by the military and weapons industry and pretty much functions as a military support group.

This guy calls himself a scientist. That is sad. To extrapolate the data from one site and one sample and make it valid for the rest of North America is scientifically inexcusable.

If there is a radon source near you will detect radon. If there is fallout from a plume hitting you, you will detect radiation. Background and baseline data reflect the level of natural or bomb testing radiation you should detect, greater amounts are usually something else.

One thing Fukushima has shown us is that radiation tends to stay bunched up, even over long distances. Kinda like a flock of geese heading south. Thats why you find hotspots surrounded by zero or low detection zones far from the point source.

To say that a single sample at a single point in time from Berkeley is true for every day every where else is pathetic. Im embarrassed to say they are fellow Californians. Sheesh. The below is from this fool.

The world we live in is naturally radioactive, and this measurement is a perfect demonstration of that fact. The fallout from Fukushima is so tiny that very specialized detectors are needed to see it above the intense natural background. Handheld detectors will not do the job.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

From Tepco's latest press release. Pretty strange. They've now convinced themselves and much of the world that the thermocouple is broken, yet they raised nthe level of water injection yet once again. If the things broken, why are they still freaking out.

Intrptr, is reference value the same value as what you said it might kick back to if broken.

break of wire with the fact that the direct current ohmic value is higher than ordinary status. The thermostat indicated 342.2°C (Reference value), and later we will finalize the decision of the soundness of the device.

Hey z... sorry for the delay. "They say" , well what they say doesn't make sense. I'm not sure if it is translation or (double speak). But here is my counter to the quote they provided above:

If the Thermocouple (T/C) wire becomes severed completely the resistance goes infinite and the chart readout will show a quick drop to whatever level the manufacturer displays on the chart (usually zero). It's simple enough. T/C technology is so vast today, it's hard to find a chart that shows what that may look like. But I found one:

Science Journal

Notice that the reading is steady with a couple of downward spikes prior to actual failure. None of the spikes were positive above temperature baseline.

Then look at earlier Tepco readout below and see that the temperature baseline steadily increases and at the end of the chart it spikes up and up and then chart is cut off before T/C failure is shown. From this picture we can't tell if T/C failed or how much higher temp climbed before it did. They omit that. So they can say whatever they want to about it.

Part of their disinformation is evident . They describe the thermocouple as a "thermometer", a "thermostat" (lol), etc. That is misleading. They also indicate for "reference value" a temp of 342 C. Thats hot. And that is up in the bottom of the RPV above the mass of fuel down below somewhere. Way above the heat source. And of course they close with, "We'll get back to you".

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Human... I borrowed that YouTube aircooled brought. Is this the one you are asking about?

I asked on YouTube what he thought. I don't have an answer yet. I can tell you that it is a time lapse video of unknown duration. That there seems to be a ground hugging fog that builds and covers the camera. At the end there is a thermal image too that shows the temperature of the air and fog are the same. If it was steam from the reactor you would expect it to rise cause it's hotter than air temp. If it was a heavier than air cloud of Isotopes and nuclides, then it might hug the ground like that too. Like from a criticality squirt? Like z said, hard to say.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes, i asked too but i asked this before i read what he wrote,
here is the Original

Imo. this is even more scary
but there is only one possibility: Fog, real Fog!
edit on 15-2-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

PS:" need to wait a bit, 1.20!
edit on 15-2-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Starting to jump ship I reckon. Things are hotting up, and conscience cannot take it any longer. Either that, or he does not agree with the way things are being played out.

Mr. Yasushi Aoyama is Outside Director at Tokyo Electric Power Co., Inc. and a Professor at Meiji University.

Tepco Press Release 14th Feb 2012

The Tokyo Electric Power Company, Incorporated hereby announces that
resignation of Director, Mr. Yasushi Aoyama, which is effective from
February 14, 2012.

Bloomberg Business week

A visual check should be interesting...
Tepco Press Release 14th Feb 2012

Inspection of inside of the primary containment vessel of Unit 3
At 10:08 am on February 14, for the purpose of determining soundness of
reactor primary containment vessel of unit 3 and internal facilities,
airlock* for the workers was opened and started visual inspection.
We plan to conduct same inspection for unit 2 accordingly.

edit on 15 Feb 2012 by qmantoo because: add press release

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Thank you Human for the original.
Indeed it is fog. The other one is a zoomed version of yours... makes it look scarier.

top topics

<< 1207  1208  1209    1211  1212  1213 >>

join