It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1208.htm
<< 1205  1206  1207    1209  1210  1211 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
And the money pit keeps getting deeper:

The latest aid commitment brings the total amount of financial aid to the utility to Y1.58 trillion, including Y890 billion in assistance approved in November. The aid will be provided separately from an expected capital injection of Y1 trillion to help the company deal with other costs, such as those for decommissioning the Fukushima Daiichi plant and building new thermal power plants.

So, we are looking at Tepco getting well over 2 TRILLION yen from the government (the people's money when you boil it right down) for poisoning Honshu and much of the world...

UPDATE: Japan METI Minister Approves Additional Aid For Tepco

Kill one person, go to prison, kill the planet, receive exorbitant amounts of money. How bassackwards can you be?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Don't Like the Temp Reading? Zap the Instrument and Break the Damn Thing!!!

What a way to wake up!!

From Ex-Skf:

TEPCO Evening Press Conference 2/13/2012: Reactor 2 RPV Thermocouple Is Broken, Matsumoto Says Press conference live link is here. Reactor 2 RPV's thermocouple that's been going up seems to have finally broken. (0r else...)

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

So everything is fine now folks. Don't have to worry about rising RPV temps in Unit 2 anymore!! Don't we all have a warm, fuzzy and trusting feeling...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 13-2-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

New Craters Appearing on Mt. Fuji

fukushima-diary.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

What a High-Tension-Never-Ending Story!

Where will we be in 10, 20, 30, or 40 Years,
still bounded in our Fears
or gone, like a Cherry Blossom in the evening Wind

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Another Malfunction?

RPV Drain Pipe Upper Part has gone from 29.0 to 3.6 Celsius (84.2 F to 38.48 F)...

TEPCO you need to zap that device to see if it's functioning properly!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

"*There is a possibility that the numbers are not the same as the relevant parameters to the plant because the data above are the reference."

WTF?

www.tepco.co.jp...

Seat of their pants...clueless...and scared...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Rad Numbers Accumulated Water Basement of Unit 3 & 4

www.tepco.co.jp...

Unit 1 Charcoal Filter

www.tepco.co.jp...

Latest Leaks

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
A fairly new short from Nuckel.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

Yup AC makes ya wonder:

fukushima-diary.com...

atmc.jp...

enenews.com...

enenews.com... otos

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh my god, I just found out what they do to you in Japan if you get nuked. This is disturbing.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

That sure looks like its coming from the backside of R2, low down too. Maybe the connecting section between the R2 and the TB.

PC, in their latest press conference, after the temp had gone to 90+, they claim that it was fluctuating with the amount of water input, which is the main indicator they use for whether a thermocouple is working or not. So at that point they thought it was working, then they fried the fugger.

Thats the Tepco way of ending discussions. Its kinda the reverse of build it and they will come. Break it and theyll go away.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

What is the common interpretation of this Video

edit on 13-2-2012 by Human0815 because: don';t like my Video

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hey all... long time no type! I can see all the good work on the FUKU Thread by all the Vigilant ATS Troopers. Hopefully You've got The Tepco executive board members panties all in a bunch. Always messin with their truth like that, whats the matter with you? Oh, nothin... okay.

I just had to come back here to the trench cause I heard a disturbing sound. From all the way across the entire Pacific Ocean it came to my ear and It sounded something like this:

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...( a troubled reactor somewhere over seas ).

It seems #2 is acting up again... naughty reactor. ( We're gonna call him "Spike"). "Now Spike, you're a bad reactor, go to your basement! Don't you take that "criticality" tone with me, I'll see to it you go to bed without your seawater / boron gruel." (Tepco official scolding #2)

Sorry if any of this has been brought already, (my excuse is I have been elsewhere).

First of all there is this pic from a YouTube that shows the location of the temperature sensor (thermocouple) that is in the perfect place to detect rising heat from the "melt" (in orange):

Then I have this Fuku Diary snap shot that shows a table with a 276.4 temperature reading from that thermocouple (T/C):

Tepco claims the T/C "failed", right? That temperature reading is not a "failure". When Thermocouples fail, they go to zero. If a temperature reading is displayed then it is accurate to within 20 or so percent. Because of the rads there could be a little fudge, but not hundreds of degrees. That chart in the pic is the last entry shown on the table. I wish we could see the next line to see if the reading continues up or goes flat line (failed). Instead of a temperature reading it would show something like "-----" or "N/A". Depends on printout software. Any temp. reading is a good one below the melting temp of the thermocouple itself (higher than 276 C). So there is this sudden spike. Remember this a gas temperature reading from up in the RPV where the core used to be. That will be a much lower temperature than down in the actual corium mass below or "outside" the vessel containment.

There are two more charts from a pdf file that help to understand what I was saying about the Thermocouple. The first one is a temperature readout from the sensor that shows a slow rise (good data) and then some spikes at the end that go hi and back to "baseline". Note that the spikes do not go below increasing baseline. If thermocouple was failing these spikes would also go to zero and they don't. This thermocouple is recording spikes in the actual temp. of the gas flow coming up from below. So the reactor is spiking as the temperature recording steadily rises to the end of the chart. This chart, like the diary pic above, are "cut off" before showing the actual failure of the sensor on the readout.

Now for the proof of fresh criticality. By their own charts... I circled two rises in XE-135 that match the time frame of temperature spikes. Xenon-135 is evidence of fresh criticality, right?

Tepco is down playing this and lying outright about the failure of the Thermocouple. It's an excuse to not show us the fact that the open air corium smelting operation at Fukushima is an ongoing, will be an ongoing thing for the foreseeable future. Cold shutdown indeed. Don't you believe it. These cores and SFP's are not done yet. No matter what they say, new temp spikes and fresh releases of rads will continue. Multiple tons of fuel are involved in all the reactor buildings. When we see the data that shows a steady rise and sudden spikes coupled with increased emissions of Radioactive Xenon, we know that a corium mass is still hot, still emitting.

Fuku Diary

#2 Temperature charts

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The ever expanding bubble:

Tokyo is the largest city on Earth, right?
Hey Guys what are you going to do when the circle gets bigger than Japan itself? Build Peers?

There are some interesting one liners in here towards the end as well as portions of a transcribed interview with former PM:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

That night time YouTube of the steam engulfing everything is the scariest thing I have seen in a while. It looks like a video from a Cape Canaveral rocket launch. The steam rises and engulfs everything. Is there any other vid of this event from a different angle? Like 50 miles out? That was HUGE. Obviusly a fresh criticality. I posted some charts that i purport to show the evidence leading up to an event but this is obviously the event itself. Like a mini volcano erupting. Can only surmise a major steam cavitation event down in one of the cores, probably #2?

That steam is the nastiest man made stuff on the planet. Start plume tracking over oceans and bring it and any other camera views here pronto. Big, BIG event this.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

This Is New! "Hydrogen Density of Primary Containment Vessel" Unit 2 is .07%

Never saw Plant Status reported like this before...Hydrogen Density...

Unit 2:

www.tepco.co.jp...

Previous "Plant Status" rpts:

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
sure hope that wasn't the "sludge"
hitting the water table,,
or a crack in the wall ,
letting in seawater,
ohh and that second camera
was about,,20 miles away.

yup,
big,big, it was.

Me.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

they produced steam,, in a low pressure boiler,,
hydrogen would be a by product of the super heated water,,
same thing would happen if your elecrtic water tank ran out of water, and came on,
the element did not burn out,,,etc,,
eventually it will blow a hole in said, water heater,,
that is the danger of super heated water/steam/hydrogen,,

they were at 80 leaving a 20 gap.

It spiked/flashed ,

they super heated the water, / steam / hydrogen,,

went from 80 to 200 , in an instant,,

criticality, my friend,, by its very definition.

Me.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Yes Bob - the deviation from the norm "Plant Status" rpt. .07% H density Unit 2. An extensive Gas Mgt system installed in Unit 2.

A TEPCO dude is screaming out for help.

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Welcome back intrptr. The next two readings were also very high, after the first spike into triple digits. I think Tepco did something to screw up the thermocouple after the readings hit the 90+ range, right before it shot up to the 300+ range.

Interesting that a failed thermocouple should go to 0 if it fails. Is this true for all thermocouples. If so, R2 must be getting ready to blow.

top topics

<< 1205  1206  1207    1209  1210  1211 >>

join