It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1206.htm
<< 1203  1204  1205    1207  1208  1209 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Unit 2...Back Up...68 Celsius

Curious about the huge drop in the RPV Drain Pipe Upper Part Temps...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

1/2 Degree Drop

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Good Capture Nuckelchen!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedUScitizen
I came across this old video of SFP4 , since its a hot topic right now I figured I would post the link. I personally dont remember seeing this before.

www.youtube.com...#!

Great find CC!! Just grabbing the vid for you. AC and et all have help me out immensely by grabbing screen shots that I never was able to figure out how to do. Kinda what makes this thread spectacular...we appreciate each other and help each other out.

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Good Capture Nuckelchen!!

- Purple Chive

My guess is the spray is dust inhibitor and they are getting ready to move another main beam or something.

Kinda reassuring to know someone is staying on top of the vids to this extent.

ON EDIT: Wow 420. normally Id make some kind of cute remark like "time to light up yes" but I am now quitting everything including alcohol, coffee and pot. Time to clear the head and spirit and prepare for that which lies ahead.
edit on 10-2-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This is the Tohoku EQ waveform from Minamisoma. Its safe to assume that the intensity is similar to Dai-ichi. Japanese scale 5.39. Does anyone know the corresponding magnitude, and what intensity Dai-ichi was designed to withstand.

Actually I dont know if it is the spot on the coast this reading is from or Fukushima city. Heres the url. Confusing but I think its Fukushima city which would be less intensity than Dai-ichi. Ill find out.

www.k-net.bosai.go.jp...

It appears to be Fukushima city after closer look. This waveform is from north of Soma, Kakuda maybe. More typical of Dai-ichi soil type. But closer to quake. This one doesnt have the elastic rebound third phase.

edit on 10-2-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

[color=Cyan]The total number of days between Friday, March 11, 2011 and Friday, February 10, 2012 is
336 days.

[color=FDD017]The radiation poisoning of we, the people, our children, pets, food, water and our land
has continued unabated - 24/7/365
[color=Chartreuse]
- for 10 months, 30 days ... which is:

• 29,030,400 seconds
• 483,840 minutes
• 8,064 hours
• 48 weeks

Once again, are we any closer to a solution to the Fukushima multiple melt-throughs disaster/fiasco spewing life-altering clouds of radiation 24/7/365

OK, let's try another tactic to share what we feel is important to understand at this moment
in history. This is not a drill. The balloon has dropped, people, and it's called [color=Chartreuse]Nukushima.

Let’s look at a few tidbits from our friends over at USA Radiation News Today for possible enlightenment.

7 February 2012
Highest level of radioactive cesium in San Francisco-area milk since August 2011 — Now at 150% of EPA’s maximum contaminant limit

2/6/2012 (2:31pm): A new milk sample has been measured, this one with a best-by date of 2/16/2012. The results are posted to the milk sample page. Low levels of both Cs-134 and Cs-137 were still detected in the sample.

Best Buy Date of 02/16/2012:
Cs-134 @ 0.052 Bq/L
Cs-137 @ 0.115 Bq/L

0.167 Bq/L of radioactive cesium = 4.526 picocuries/L (1 Bq = 27.1 picocuries)

The EPA Maximum Contaminant Level for radioactive cesium in milk is 3 picocuries/L:

“EPA lumps these gamma and beta emitters together under one collective MCL (Maximum Contaminant Level), so if you’re seeing cesium-137 in your milk or water, the MCL is 3.0 picocuries per liter; if you’re seeing iodine-131, the MCL is 3.0; if you’re seeing cesium-137 and iodine-131, the MCL is still 3.0.” -Forbes.com

These are the highest cesium levels detected by UCB since at least August 2011 (As the MDA was higher over the summer, it’s hard to be sure of the exact levels at that time):

BTW, remember way back when we pondered the question of Napa Valley wine being affected?

7 September 2011
Alpha radiation detected in imported Japanese Sake

10-minute interior average Japanese Sake #1 Liquid in Test Dish bought in Southern California Japanese market = 45.6 CPM which is 22.3% higher than previous background average.

When detecting with the Inspector, the sake in its unopened bottle, there was little ionization above background radiation. That makes this significant reading all the more troublesome because [color=Cyan]it indicates the presense of alpha radiation which is up to a thousand times more dangerous than beta and gamma radiation.

(Image for illustration only. Identity of radioactive sake withheld)

16 January 2012
Over EPA limit:
Cesium levels in San Francisco area milk now higher than 6 months ago

13 January 2012
Radiation levels spike in Miyagi milk -- Highest since 3/11

5 December 2011
Local gov’t tests kids’ lunches: Tokyo nursery school serving milk with 17.9 Bq/kg of cesium — Over 160 times EPA limit — Milk industry protested testing

20 October 2011
220 days later: Radiation levels in San Francisco-area milk remain above EPA's Max Contaminant Level -- Cesium-137 continues steady increase that began in August

To be continued...

[color=Cyan]click stargate

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Checdk this out. If you go to this page at Hi-net
www.hinet.bosai.go.jp...
and google translate, you get this

If you then click on the region box and switch it to Fukushima prefecture, it kicks you back to Ibaraki. Theres no way to get Fukushima data that I can find. Just like with SPEEDI and everyhting else Fukushima.

The Japanese government is making it as hard as they possibly can every step of the way in our attempt to learn the lessons from Fukushima that they stated they would share freely with the world.

Take your time NEID, NISA, SPEEDI, MEXT, TEPCO. We'll still be here when you decide to be honest and let us know what really happened.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
And this happened today at Simplyinfo and EXSKF

From Simplyinfo

The live blog has moved temporarily to www.hipchat.com/gGzSKXslp it is open to all. We are still waiting on a response from Scribble on the sudden shutdown of the live blog. Meanwhile find us all at the link!

From Ex SKF

All this morning and into the afternoon, people with the Google profiles have been spamming the comment section of the posts. I probably deleted 2 dozen already.

This site may experience similar soon.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

More Leaks at Unit 5 & 6

www.tepco.co.jp...

Tritium and Strontium Levels Intake Canal:

www.tepco.co.jp...

Unit 2 Went up to 71...Latest Reading 68.6

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

HOT Wood Stoves!! 59,000 becquerels of cesium per kilogram

Dang!! Talk about staying "warm"...

In late January, the ministry inspected logs and ash collected from private households in nine municipalities in the south of Miyagi Prefecture, close to the border with Fukushima Prefecture, site of the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant. The radioactive content in the ash ranged from 1,180 becquerels per kilogram in a sample from Kakuda to 59,000 becquerels per kilogram in a sample from Marumori.

The maximum level of 59,000 becquerels per kilogram is more than seven times higher than the Environment Ministry's safety standard of 8,000 becquerels or less per kilogram for authorizing landfill along with other types of waste.

ajw.asahi.com...

Poor folks...don't realize how screwed they are...sad...

- Purple Chive

edit on 11-2-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Thousands rally against nuclear power in Japan

Thousands demonstrated in Tokyo on Saturday against nuclear power generation, 11 months after a massive earthquake and tsunami sparked reactor meltdowns at the Fukushima nuclear power plant. Kenzaburo Oe, the 1994 Nobel prize winner for literature, told a central rally at Yoyogi Park,

"Radioactive waste from nuclear power plants will be borne by generations to come." "This must not be condoned by human beings. It is against ethics," the 77-year-old novelist said. The rally was attended by 12,000 people, according to its organisers. Police estimated the turnout at around 7,000.

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
www.hinet.bosai.go.jp...

If you then click on the region box and switch it to Fukushima prefecture, it kicks you back to Ibaraki. Theres no way to get Fukushima data that I can find. Just like with SPEEDI and everyhting else Fukushima.

The Japanese government is making it as hard as they possibly can every step of the way in our attempt to learn the lessons from Fukushima that they stated they would share freely with the world.

Take your time NEID, NISA, SPEEDI, MEXT, TEPCO. We'll still be here when you decide to be honest and let us know what really happened.

I have no problem seeing the Fukushima data when using the Japanese page. Maybe it has something to do with the page frames and google translate?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Radiation measuring stations provide peace of mind, at a price

With more and more people worried about possible radioactive contamination in the food they eat, some enterprising businesses are profiting from providing a little peace of mind.

Since the crisis at Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, the use of so-called public measuring stations is spreading as consumers conduct their own radiation inspections on food products, rather than relying on those performed by local governments and distributors.

"My friend who goes fishing is worried, so I said I'd come and check for him," said an elderly man, after taking a reading of radioactive cesium in some octopus at a testing shop in Chiba. The clerk nods and says, "Yeah, that's something to worry about." The store, located in downtown Kashiwa, Chiba Prefecture, is called Bekumiru. It opened last October as a place where customers can measure food products and other items for radioactive substances. A simple measuring instrument sits at each of the seven booths inside.

Customers bring over what they want to measure and place the items on the instruments. The cost of measuring each item ranges from 980 yen up to 3,980 yen for a more precise reading. A 55-year-old man who runs a rice store in the prefecture brought in some locally harvested rice, along with apples and mandarin oranges, from his home garden.

"I want to be responsible and check whether I can sell them and give them to other people," he said.

ajw.asahi.com...

Citizens group runs full-page anti-nuclear ad in Mainichi

The ad reads in large print, "We aim for a Japan with no nuclear power plants." Nakazawa says the ad "is valuable in that it makes the opinions of people below the surface (of public discourse) visible through newspapers."

mdn.mainichi.jp...
edit on 11-2-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Allow me:

This thread by ATS quake guru Puterman, entitledFukushima: Should they have known? Historic Quake Analysis has a pretty good analysis of the actual quake and discusses ground motion.

Along with PMs posts are some I've made which have additional information and some of those posts of mine within that thread contain many of the same quotes you've used in your book.

Hope this helps.

I'll celebrate the flag count for you...

edit on 11-2-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: one of those things

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Z, I'm sure we've seen the film of the #4 pool. I'd recognize those stairs anywhere.
This looks like a good read. I leave it to the gang here to decide if the projections are accurate.
www.examiner.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Chapter Six
Hidden Dragons and the Big Bang

The explosion sound that occurred immediately after the EQ started is just one of many Fukushima mysteries that have never been explained. At least not in a way that makes sense. Nor did they ever intend to, as any data are now erased from the record.

The Tepco explanation, gas tanks rupturing and exploding, may have indeed occurred. Another theory concerning the explosion was put forth in NRC memos obtained through FOIA, dated the afternoon of the 12th, that stated an explosion was heard and this may have been from a hydrogen explosion in the R1 TB. Their only support for this however was a couple of cracks in the R1 TB which workers stated repeatedly happened when the initial EQ hit. Besides, a hydrogen explosion that matched the intensity of the sound generated would have done alot more damage than two small cracks.

There may have been tank explosions, though no black smoke fires were ever reported by workers, in the R1 TB. If so this wasn't the main blast. Not when one considers that the description of the blast in the R4 torus, which is deep underground surrounded by cement and closed off by numerous thick steel doors under the reactor building, was the description that placed the most emphasis on being loud, "a terrible boom".

In fact, there is nothing that has been reported, or even rumored, that would explain the explosive sound heard in the R4 torus. There is, however, a scenario, when included in the list of possibilities, that does explain it. But to get there one has to take a leap of faith and believe that it is possible that an illegal weapons factory may exist under Fukushima Dai-ichi. Until that is done, forums and blogs will continue to torture data to try and make it fit a more comfortable conclusion for Fukushima's mysteries.

The bottom line is this. Almost every Dai-ichi mystery can be answered if one does add a scenario involving the UC to the accepted possibilities. That alone demands that it at least be considered. For instance, the terrible explosion sound in the R4 torus, as R4 is probably positioned over the top of the UC, could have been nuclear materials getting jostled around and going critical somewhere in the underground complex. Or another scenario that could have led to an explosion below ground. The sound of this would have been fed into the R4 torus through the tunnel system connecting it to the UC. That and the fact that, at this time, all research points to R4 being the only reactor that is directly over the UC.

Below is a map of what I believe at this time to be the outline of the UC. The bigger tunnels feeding R3 and R2 can accommodate heavy equipment. the dark line tunnels are for personnel and small equipment.

Another mystery solved by including an underground weapons factory into the equation is why Dai-ichi was chosen as a site for a nuclear power plant in the first place. Considering earthquakes, the location is the worst imaginable, short of being built on landfill. But it's the perfect site for underground excavation and tunneling. The following are from data recently released by Tepco and are referencing studies performed in 1966, 2009 and 2010.

From a 1966 pre-construction document detailing excavation work. This one only goes down to a depth of 20 meters.

From recent geologic studies, showing the strata to a depth of 300 meters and the symbols explained;

Neogene mud, silt and sand down 300 meters, soft soils which intensify ground movement. For Neogene muddy sandstone, significant amplification is generally expected. If Fukushima was not in an area prone to earthquakes thsi wouldn't matter. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Numerous faults run under and around Dai-ichi, and the area offshore is known for intense seismic activity. In fact, there are saphenous faults directly offshore from Namie Town, a deep reverse fault offshore Tomioka Town and numerous normal faults directly offshore the plant itself that have produced deformation in the underlying strata. No nuclear power plant should have ever been built anywhere near this area, let alone one of the largest in the entire world.

Unless of course you intended to build an extensive tunneling network leading to different units that together form a complex spread out deep underground. The following underground complexes have already been built by the Japanese Atomic Energy Agency. These were built merely to study the soil and rock by an agency who's mission statement and vision are premised upon their belief that "Nuclear energy is an essential and sustainable energy source inevitable for human life." Obviously underground is also very important to the Japanese nuclear authorities.

These complexes run hundreds of meters deep undergound. It is obvious that the technology and ability to build an underground complex anywhere they want exists in Japan, and back in the 60s and 70s they wanted Dai-ichi. But not to study rocks.

Whether or not an early explosion during the EQ happened in the UC will never be known. And at this point, other than worker accounts, there is no reason to suspect that such a thing occurred. Except for one other anomaly, an early March 11th night time fly-by video that suggests that something indeed was going on in the area suspected of the UC. There is a caveat however. Anomalies in this night time video make it hard to define the infra-red range being filmed, so I present it here only as a reference for conditions at the plant on March 11th.

For much of the rest of this book we will explore different mysteries or occurrences with the understanding that one of the scenarios being used for analysis purposes is that a UC does exist. Since there are no other sources for this level of analysis than this book, I feel it is very important.

And with that we slide into one of the biggest mysteries Fukushima gave birth to. Reactor number three and the big bang.
edit on 11-2-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by memphis11

Originally posted by zworld
www.hinet.bosai.go.jp...

I have no problem seeing the Fukushima data when using the Japanese page. Maybe it has something to do with the page frames and google translate?

Thats the problem with alot of Tepcos data and the Japanese governments. Its being left in Jaspanese and not translated, and translation through google doesnt stand a chance of standing up in court. Memphis11, would you please go to the page with the data and copy any urls and post them. Its only the data i need, graphs and plotting. It would help me greatly.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

Hope this helps.

Somewhat, but PT is only looking at EQs of good size. I need swarm or cluster data for slow slip tremors, and its there in the Hi-net site, and Ive registered, but keep running into the problem with no translation for Fukushima and Miyagi pages.

I'll celebrate the flag count for you...

edit on 11-2-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: one of those things

You dog.

Actually I was initially
when I first read it.

on edit; damn another site someone recommended is now just in japanese as well

Also, please note that 1Hz GEONET data for historical earthquake cases is provided from Nippon GPS Data service (only Japanese web page) for user as a service

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Don't Like This...Unit 2 Primary Containment Vessel Pressure

111 kPaabs...

Up folks...

www.tepco.co.jp...

From 109 kPaabs...
www.tepco.co.jp...

RPV temp 70:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Better speed up that nitrogen injection please.

On Edit...apologies, on further research the last several readings have maintained Unit 2 pressure around 110 or so:

Jan 11 at 110:
www.tepco.co.jp...

And in November 116:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Must be the cold wind hitting my exposed brain!!

- Purple Chive

- Purple Chive

edit on 11-2-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Don't Like This...Unit 2 Primary Containment Vessel Pressure

111 kPaabs...

Up folks...

I dont know if this makes sense or not, but an explanation to the heat and pressure rising just occurred. What if the corium in R2 has made its way below the bottom of the concrete and is now interacting with the water table, producing steam and heat that is making its way up into containment. If we start to see fresh steam, head for the hills.

new topics

top topics

<< 1203  1204  1205    1207  1208  1209 >>

join