It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1204.htm
<< 1201  1202  1203    1205  1206  1207 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Weird! Unit 2 Latest RPV Readings...

First Temp reading holding steady in upper 60's (67.9 c)...while the other two temps plummeting...

So the water is cooling...but still not getting to that one area?

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 9-2-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

Does anyone here know the status of the Fukishima grannies camping (occupying?) in front of their authority's offices? I heard some brave Japan grannies decided to camp and occupy. Do you have any info on them?

If not, then you don't really have any info, do you?

Dozo o Kudasai:

Both from Today, 02.09.12~

edit on 9-2-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Weird! Unit 2 Latest RPV Readings...

First Temp reading holding steady in upper 60's (67.9 c)...while the other two temps plummeting...

So the water is cooling...but still not getting to that one area?

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

The problem PC, is that with the fuel mass blob that fell to the bottom and burned through, once they started applying water, no one has any idea how much fell through, and then also once the corium started crusting over, where can water find it's way through to the entire mass?

Very open questions until somehow they can get a view in there to see WTF is going on.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Latest Unit 2 Temps and Corresponding Angles

The angle diagram:
www.tepco.co.jp...

The Latest Temps:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Tepconese...but looks like they are trying to improve nitrogen injection into Unit 2:

From 10:21 am to 12:35 pm on February 9, for the reliability improvement of nitrogen injection, we are working for installing additional flow meter to the nitrogen injection line of the Primary Containment Vessel (PCV) of Unit 2. Although we suspended the injection temporarily, there is no significant change of the
parameter.

In the Chapter 12 of Nuclear Reactor Facilities Security Regulation "The Way of Ensuring Mid-term Security", as the treatments like "Operational limitation" or "Measures required in case of not satisfying the operational limitation" are determined, it is supposed the operator act per the required measures if it fails to satisfy the operational limitation. This time, to implement maintenance works, we suspended the nitrogen injection into the PCV of Unit 2 (from 10:21 am on February 9 to 12:35 pm on February 9) by conducting a planned shift beyond the range of operational limitation.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Surprised how regularly TEPCO is posting Unit 2 Temp data...

And has always...thanks Z!

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

Originally posted by smallpeeps

Does anyone here know the status of the Fukishima grannies camping (occupying?) in front of their authority's offices? I heard some brave Japan grannies decided to camp and occupy. Do you have any info on them?

If not, then you don't really have any info, do you?

Dozo o Kudasai:

You rule!

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Latest Leaks...Surface Dose Rate Around Unit 5 Really Hot

Kinda jumped out the high surface dose rates of Unit 5 leaks:

www.tepco.co.jp...

Latest Unit 5 data:

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Power to the best occupiers ever, the Fukishima moms and grandmothers.

www.marketwatch.com...

Feb. 9, 2012, 10:50 a.m. EST
Japan's Tepco to suspend all nuclear operations

[...]

But Niigata Gov. Hirohiko Izumida said the factors that triggered the 2011 crisis at the six-reactor Fukushima Daiichi plant must be examined and identified before the seven are allowed to restart operations. The nearby Fukushima Daini plant also run by TEPCO has four reactors.

Among Japan's 54 commercial reactors, only two will be in operation -- the No. 3 reactor at the Tomari plant in Hokkaido and the No. 3 reactor at the Takahama plant in Fukui Prefecture. Both will go offline for regular checkups by late April.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Somethings up with the north end of the plant. Everything is creeping up, temps, rads, but it shouldn't. Every day further removed from the last day that the reactors were in service means the decay heat is less and the rads should be less. Why this late in the game is this stuff going up. Hmmmm?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Friggin NRC. Thank god for Jaczko. But even he would approve with a few design changes. Lessons learned from Fukushima. What lessons? the only lesson that Fukushima should teach us is that nuke power is insanity, it cant be controlled in the near term and no one has a clue what to do in the mid term let alone the long term of thousands of years.

It blows my mind that the concept of an energy source that has a lifetime of 40 to 60 years, if that!, and can pollute the environment and kill life for thousands of years, is regulated in such a nonchalant fashion.

Time to place all of them under citizen's arrest for crimes against humanity and defrauding the public trust and then throw away the key. And then put them on work crews dismantling Fukushima and all the other nuclear power plants they've inflicted humanity with.

NRC Approves New Reactor Builds Amid Controversy & Safety Concerns
www.simplyinfo.org...
February 9th, 2012

The NRC has given the go ahead for two new AP1000 reactors that are already under construction. The design itself has come under heavy criticism from inside the NRC and outside. A study commissioned on the safety of the reactor design raises major questions that the NRC has not addressed.

Many of the concerns cited come from events at the Fukushima nuclear disaster and asks the NRC to review the design in light of this new and important information. Instead of doing so the NRC stated that they instructed the operator to deal with the new design and safety challenges with this statement “the industry has been directed to adopt those lessons“. In short the NRC had done nothing to re-review the design in light of Fukushima and has given the operator no binding instructions to change anything.

Chairman Jaczko was the only commission member to vote against the approval. He made this statement:

“There is still more work to be done to ensure that lessons learned from Japan’s Fukushima disaster last year are engrained in the reactor design, he told his colleagues. I cannot support this licensing as if Fukushima never happened.”

The commissioned independent report on the AP1000 design cites a number of serious issues the NRC has not addressed. Among this is the lack of protection for the giant water tank that sits at the top of the reactor building to provide emergency cooling water in an accident.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Arnies latest, and this one is really good... Z, you will want to watch this one..

fairewinds.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
They say a picture is worth a 1000 words. Heres over 10,000 words for the NRC to help them understand the lessons of Fukushima, which seem to have gone over their nukied heads.

NRC, please study these pictures and explain what is wrong with them.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Thank you for backing me up my friend/ friends. Here is something for the detractors to think about while they ponder all the alleged B.S.

Clean-Energy-Loving Germany Increasingly Exporting Electricity to Nuclear-Heavy France

Remember last year when Germany decided to speed up its phasing out of nuclear power and switch to clean energy and everyone (not in the clean energy industry) got freaked out about how German electricity prices would rise and the country would just start importing electricity from France’s nuclear power plants? Source: Clean Technica (s.tt...)

My source also

Rbrtj trying to bring positiveness to a negative situation

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Tell em NO. I can't believe 83% of people said build more.

usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

Z, The book is great. A star wasn't enough.

A "Heads Up" I saw a vid on u-tube last night on home smoke detectors being more than just a little hot....So I checked ours. It was 30 bucks at Canadian Tire and has a 10 year battery

5 times background? I had no idea? That's not "a little" So I ripped it off the wall and checked it with a folded piece of paper in between the detector and geiger. 0,35 micro-sieverts. Then I got a piece of 20 gauge steel out of the garage. The steel read 0.13 micro-sieverts [background]. Then I put the steel between geiger and detector. 0.32 micro-sieverts. This will go back to Cdn Tire. No one seems to have a plan to dispose of these. Not even the NRC. The non-DU smoke detectors are 18 bucks. And you know...I wouldn't have even got it, if it wasn't the law. We have 2 dogs, and 3 fire extinguishers. That's plenty. The fire department in the village here only saves foundations anyway because they're afraid of ladders! Think Hooterville!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
any pics of any of the spent fuel pools yet? With water and fuel in them?

Also I was browsing my photos on my phone last night and I noticed that the ones took around march and april last year had weird anomalies like the ones you see on the soho space cameras. Just a hunch but check your own pics if you took any, this may be all coincidence ofcourse.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

Z, The book is great. A star wasn't enough.

Thanks AC. I really appreciate that. Its been a trying experience. So much data. I never realized I had so much stuff collected over the year

The non-DU smoke detectors are 18 bucks.

I had no idea. What else do they put DU into that might be in a household. And Im guessing that even after it has run its time it will still be emitting. Thats just plain stupid.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount
any pics of any of the spent fuel pools yet? With water and fuel in them?

Also I was browsing my photos on my phone last night and I noticed that the ones took around march and april last year had weird anomalies like the ones you see on the soho space cameras.

They just started a new series of R4 SFP but I dont think any are posted. I believe the April series is all there is but that could be wrong

What kind of anomolies. Any chance of posting a pic for highlighting.
edit on 9-2-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj

Clean-Energy-Loving Germany Increasingly Exporting Electricity to Nuclear-Heavy France

Thats a good story, pretty amazing when you think about it.

Rbrtj trying to bring positiveness to a negative situation

Always a good thing to do.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Time for a real celebration. Germany is exporting clean energy and Tepco is out of the nuke business, if only for awhile. We're getting there. 40 more to go in Japan and then we really need to do something about France and the US. Pathetic little squirrels they are.

Operations at all TEPCO nuclear reactors to be halted in March

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Thursday it will suspend operations of the No. 6 reactor at the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa nuclear power plant in Niigata Prefecture on March 26 for a periodic check, a plan that will take all of its 17 reactors out of service.

The No. 6 reactor with a power output of 1.356 million kilowatts is the last to be suspended out of the plant's seven reactors.

It will be the first time all 17 units have been halted since the April 15-May 6 period of 2002, when they were suspended after a public outcry over revelations that TEPCO had hidden problems at its nuclear plants.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
From Enformable. A FOIA NRC memo from March 12th enformable.com... tm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Enformable+%28Enformable%29

This confirms the sound of explosion, but I disagree with the analysis, as worker accounts of the cracked walls in the R1TB state they happened from the quake, and a hydrogen explosion (as loud as was heard) would have done a hell of alot more damage than reported or seen.

The other interesting thing is their statement that water levels are increasing even though a significant level of the core is exposed, according to the NRC. First, the core was long gone by then IMHO and second, if not, once it is significantly exposed, the heat generated boils off water pretty much in an instant. I seriously doubt water levels were increasing. And where did they get the data from since instrumentation wasnt working at this time.

As for the water level in RPV, though it was decreasing at first irrespective of the injection of the water but then has been stabilized though it is significantly below the top of the core.

It is under discussion to use sea water as makeup water after the exhaustion of water in fire-fighting water tank.

It was reported at 15: 35 that the Reactor Building of 1F1 was ruptured after a rather strong earthquake with the sound of explosion and that the level of radiation at the site boundary was suddenly doubled from 500 micro Sv/hr of that after venting operation to lmSv/hr. The explosion is considered due to explosion of hydrogen leaked from the primary coolant boundary caused by the impact of the earthquake.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
Arnies latest, and this one is really good... Z, you will want to watch this one..

fairewinds.com...

Thats interesting that Arnie, Enformable and me have been focusing on March 11th. Must be something in the air.

However Arnie focuses on the time when the PCV dropped in pressure, but he doesn't cover the fact that just previously the RPV dropped in pressure at the same time the PCV was still going up. When the RPV pressure dropped (I have to check chap4 for the exact time) this was probably when the corium initially ate through the RPV, spiking the pressure in the PCV to 125 psi and causing it to self vent. I think this happened before midnight on the 11th, but need to check that too.

I wonder if next week he's going to focus on R3 as Chap 6, 7 and 8 do. Maybe Ill just wait and see what data he's got cooking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1201  1202  1203    1205  1206  1207 >>

join