learn more

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1194
<< 1191  1192  1193    1195  1196  1197 >>

join

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
I do find many gems amongst the chaff there, so I can't knock it for the service it has provided. If one cross checks, things are not a problem. Plus the dedicated band of enenews commenters that have been there since early days are mostly onto it, sort out most inaccuracies and provide some great info. Would love to have some of them jump ship here!

Its just my opinion and I agree GR, as a resource its proved valuable in that it has picked up on a couple of things that others havent and has a strong crew of commenters. However, it slips too often for me into truly yellow journalism and sensationalism, and yes that is how media often works, but during an extreme disaster with so many suffering I take offense to it. Plus it has taken away valuable time for me because I saw a headline that portrayed something I thought important only to read the article and realize I was misled. That has happened many times.

Ive also seen it stated on other forums that info posted should be taken with a grain of salt because it came from ENENEWS. That hurts the cause when the opposition can frame an issue in that way.

Having said that I still go through it once a day to see if there is something I missed on that day. But as I have learned to go to the same sites that ENENEWS monitors, I seldom now find things of value that have gone unnoticed.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal

AND ON SECOND EDIT why is the crane erased halfway down
reply to post by zworld

I would tell you but I will let you figure it out - watch in late afternoon and you will see - I promise

Help, Berkeleygal help. I looked in the afternoon but didnt see anything different. What am I missing.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Z - the video of the wave splash - just a link to what Nuckelchen uploaded. He's got some more "splashes" posted.

Pretty amazing stuff he puts up most of the time!!

www.youtube.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Latest on "Leaks"...there's a 7000L Unit 6

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

On Edit - good presentation at Ex-Skf:
ex-skf.blogspot.com...

And NHK:
www3.nhk.or.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 29-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Steam Coming out of Unit 2

Nuckelchen:

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Originally posted by Human0815

I think you are flying a little bit to high here,

i wrote: I can't be sure if Tepco telling the truth, because i am not there and
i do not understand so much of a NPP", please re-read this!

Greetings:

Careful, Human-san, my friend, or in your haste to torpedo our dingy, you might undermine what tenuous credibility you have built in this forum thus far [color=Salmon]by appearing deliberately obtuse and spouting inane remarks defending gross malfeasance by TEPCO/IAEA/JAPGOV.

Even our friend zworld brought to your attention even more indefensible deliberate falsehoods espoused by TEPCO and their cohorts.

You are there, in Japan and your point of : [color=FDD017]"i do not understand so much of a NPP,"
is somewhat debatable, to say the least.

Shall we say, red herring? おとり

You seem to have held your own most of the time so far, IMHO, and you appear to understand enough to debate credibly when it suits you, on this, and many of the other forums you post on - you do get around, to be sure.

Applause!

The world awaits the truth, and we certainly do admire and appreciate your fine efforts to impart the truth as you see it. Keep up the good work, and especially your rad readings, as we are vicariously sharing your direct experience in a radiation-savaged land from the comparative safety of our homes elsewhere.

As far as flying high, of course, you are entitled to your own opinion, however, [color=Cyan]we challenge you to find so much as one item that you can prove to be in error in our posts accusing TEPCO, JAPGOV, IAEA, EPA, USGOV, NOAA, FDA and the MSM of [color=Chartreuse]a worldwide conspiracy and cover-up to deprive the citizens of Planet Earth of a radiation-free environment and life without fear of bearing mutant offspring. [color=Cyan]

Puff, the Magic Dragon had nothing on us high-flyers celebrating the Banner of Truth.

Expecting a different Puff on that last link?

Case in point: where are all the debunkers?

It's pretty damn hard to debunk the truth, even for someone like Phage.

And just when we thought that it couldn't get much worse, we were stunned once more
and sent down another twisting path on our journey through this nuclear hell.

We are now researching information on the "disappearance" of mutant infants and other "undesirables" by unscrupulous doctors who, rather than being on the side of humanity, ethics, justice-for-all and upholding their sworn Hippocratic Oath and bearing the brunt of telling the truth, are instead continuing the myth that the Fukushima wind-borne radiation fallout has not affected the genetic matrix of the unfortunate victims of this deadly travesty by "off-the-books" child delivery and subsequent disposal of "damaged goods."

This is one story that will not be swept under the rug, not on our watch, to be sure. We'll ask Dr. Helen Caldicott to weigh in here and assist with this project ... soon to be a portion of our upcoming opus, [color=FF1493]"The Fukushima Chronicles: [color=00FF00]The Last Nuclear Accident In History."

It is up to us as a collective effort to effect change and that is exactly what we, as Operation Survival, are manifesting: a sharing of new ideas, visual experiences and futuristic concepts unparalleled in human history, we humbly offer EARTH AID as a dynamic, multi-dimensional vision of the future, being readied for the present, to overcome the waste of the past.

What the hell do you mean, "not warfare?"

[color=Chartreuse]This situation most certainly is war.

[color=Cyan]A war for the hearts, minds and spirits of caring Earth citizens who demand a nuclear-free future while enjoying a radiation-free environment for themselves and all life on our precious Mother Earth.

This position is not negotiable.

Continued...

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]
edit on 29/1/2012 by thorfourwinds because: color
edit on 29/1/2012 by thorfourwinds because: (no reason given)
edit on 29/1/2012 by thorfourwinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Unbelievable.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I am so used to no news about fukushima I was surprised to see this on yahoo news on my computer tonight.

news.yahoo.com...

why are they talking about it all of a sudden? makes we wonder just how bad it really is.

the link tells about a water leak over the weekend about 600 liters, but they claim none made it into the ocean.

edit on 29-1-2012 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

You know it is always very easy to articulate reluctance, revulsion, critique, etc.!

I've done the same for some decades but is this all that simple?
What is Reality and what is the price we need to pay for it?
Do you think "all this" come for free?

What are your Alternatives and will they work?
Do this "Alternatives" do need a new Society
and do you want to be responsible for all this People?
Do you want to disroot 80% of the People from their more or less
working Society?

In Theory everything looks so damned easy and well oiled
but do we see everything?

You see many question-markers here but before i start my critique
i must be able to answer everything!

Look, who is the Government, who are in this Control Mechanism?
Do you really think only the Reptiles, Jews, Rothshild's, etc?

No, it is us, you and me!

It is us who are responsible.
I wrote in the beginning: "I am Tepco, you are Tepco, we all are Tepco",
because we accepted what they are doing,
because we didn't camp/ed in front of the Nuclear Offices
and we did not bombed this People who are the CEO's!

It is not so damned easy to control everything
and Mistakes are made daily,
it is up to us to correct this but we need to think before we can do this!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by research100
I am so used to no news about fukushima I was surprised to see this on yahoo news on my computer tonight.

news.yahoo.com...

why are they talking about it all of a sudden? makes we wonder just how bad it really is.

the link tells about a water leak over the weekend about 600 liters, but they claim none made it into the ocean.

Great post. I agree. Why now, is it [for them] beyond not reporting anymore?

Another thing I noticed is there is over 200+ reply's in the form of comments under the article! To the best of my knowledge this is a new article, so this tells me that people are motivated to discuss the disaster that we have been discussing for about a year now.

How would mass media, mass population react to the facts that only we talk about on a daily basis? makes me want to see the word get out so badly.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

reply to post by concernedUScitizen

Hey thanks CC! Any chance you could post equal time period decay measurements for those samples (e.g. x measurement at 7 days), to rule out possible radon influencing your readings
?

Sir, I will research into what you are mentioning to me, thank you for doing so!

I will definitely address this issue. thanks again.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedUScitizen

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Zworld and all yes CC sounds like a great nickname for me!

As I said before, I'll be here and support the cause.

My location in north eastern NJ just outside NYC.

I will post readings using consistent methods everytime it rains now. Then we can get a trend going.

Good day,
CC

Awesome CC we are all glad to have you on board the thread. More eyes the better! I just ask that if you are going to report rain readings here and elsewhere, that you consider measuring radon decay from each sample over time, as many high rain readings seem come from radon. Although these measurements are interesting and provide a 'rainfall fingerprint', they are easily an alarmist way to measure if it is natural radon and not high concentrations of hot particles. When there is little decay, that's when you can look at other possibilities.. like our joint nation, French, US and Japanese eternal bonfire we have currently underway.

agreed!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hi fellow Tin Hats, have been away from the thread and my full e-mailbox for sometime do to depression and lower back issues.
A few pages back I too noted the steel I beams on the ground and the first thing I thought of was they had made a bridge to go over a busted ceiling of an underground shaft/ tunnel.
Rbrtj
Keep up the great work.
I was sure to link the "stupid" video to my face book page.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

'Worst scenario' on Fukushima crisis shared only by a few lawmakers

"The scenario was not a possibility in fact. If it had been made public at that time, it was likely that no one would have remained in Tokyo," Hosono told Kyodo News in a recent interview.

"It would have caused trouble regarding the government's handling of the nuclear crisis." The government predicted in the worst scenario, produced on March 25 by Japan Atomic Energy Commission Chairman Shunsuke Kondo, that the No. 1 reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant would explode and the No. 4 unit's spent fuel pool would dry up, bringing about a more extensive release of radioactive material.

The scenario was examined by only a few key lawmakers in the government and was not shared even with the Nuclear Safety Commission "as we wanted to prevent gossip from spreading," Hosono said. "We could not even announce the fact that we compiled such a simulation."

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Gov't starts study of radiation effects on wildlife near Fukushima plant

The specimens will be checked for radioactive cesium levels, and also for anomalies in their appearance or DNA. The study will pay particular attention to the reproductive faculties of amphibians and mammals and checks for abnormalities in their offspring, as well as in the seeds of local flora.

After the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear accident, abnormalities in the local swallow population were reported, such as low white blood cell counts, shrinking brain capacities and a drop in bird numbers. Even 26 years later, radiation is said to be affecting the area. Without humans, local wildlife has been able to breed without restriction, but the effects of radiation on the ecosystem as a whole are still unknown.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Evacuees of Fukushima village report split families, growing frustration

Frustration, deteriorating health, and a growing feeling of unfair treatment are being reported by residents who have evacuated from this village, a local government survey has found.

A survey by the Iitate village government obtained responses from some 1,743 people who have evacuated from the village, which lies within the emergency evacuation preparation zone around the damaged Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant.

It shows that many residents are experiencing growing frustration and instability due to the nuclear crisis at the plant and an inability to return to the lives they were living before the disaster.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Mayor protests TEPCO's refusal to boost nuclear compensation payment

The mayor of Futaba, Fukushima Prefecture, has criticized Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) over its refusal to boost compensation to a man affected by the nuclear disaster.

In a news conference on Jan. 29, Mayor Katsutaka Idogawa stated: "As a town housing a nuclear power plant, we fully cooperated with TEPCO up until now. Its attitude is unfortunate."

mdn.mainichi.jp...
edit on 30-1-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)
edit on 30-1-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Bottom of the Sea Video - Units 5 & 6

Like what the hell is this supposed to show?

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Pretty Good Spike in West Gate Air Results

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
From the oct 21 tour. www.youtube.com...
We're looking north down murderers row from the southern part of the SC. At that time it appears the raised area extended only part way into the SC. Note also the rising slope next to the blue crane. Im assuming again, but the crane being at the end of the raised area suggests that they intend to keep working and expanding it.

I think AC is right. It looks more like 5 feet than 3 feet raised up.
edit on 30-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

That would make those i-beams about 4 feet high with the plating being nearly a foot thick!

Great googlymoogly! They're looking at supporting megatons of weight it seems...or trying to shield megarads of energy...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

Evacuees of Fukushima village report split families, growing frustration

Frustration, deteriorating health, and a growing feeling of unfair treatment are being reported by residents who have evacuated from this village, a local government survey has found.

Ive been going over old videos of Fukushima residents and evacuees. I look at the faces of people trying to cope with their disastrous circumstances, everything that has happened, and all I can do is cry. And pray that some day soon the sun will again rise for them, and they will awaken with a smile on their face and enjoy a beautiful day.

edit on 30-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
reply to post by zworld

That would make those i-beams about 4 feet high with the plating being nearly a foot thick!

Great googlymoogly! They're looking at supporting megatons of weight it seems...or trying to shield megarads of energy...

I dont know their size, but the fact they needed to support something in this fashion is definately indicative of having to carry a massive load, as heavy as any they could carry. And I suspect it may be for both reasons, to support loads and to protect against a megarad outpouring.

Glad to see you posting regularly again J&C. Your investigative abilities are greatly needed. Wish I had more time to help on your protecting old growth project.

new topics

top topics

<< 1191  1192  1193    1195  1196  1197 >>

join