<< 1189  1190  1191    1193  1194  1195 >>

join

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Mt. Fuji 5.2 EQ....

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

30 miles North of Numazu:
maps.google.com...,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=128 0&bih=602&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x60198f779382ca77:0x9b8f1bb68d6ba8f,Numazu,+Shizuoka+Prefecture,+Japan&gl=us&ei=SUYjT4zxNuHa0QGm_pSyCQ&sa=X&oi=geoc ode_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CD0Q8gEwAQ

Just apprehensive folks...
en.wikipedia.org...

On Edit:
channel6newsonline.com...

And although not much respect for CNN...
edition.cnn.com...

- Purple Chive
edit on 27-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

My Dad, twenty years after TMI...Acute Leukemia...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hey yall just wanted to let you know from my many years in steel erection and working around big track cranes. The one reason to put all that false work plates on top of beams in filled with dirt with the beams running long. Is to span over to solid ground meaning there is a real good chance the area under this false work is more than likely riddled with tunnel work. That would not support the weight of the cranes.Keep up the good work fellas.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I cant get this vid from fuku1long to post but you gotta check this out.
www.youtube.com...
About 35 seconds in it starts.

ON EDIT forget the 35 second mark. Go to 1:00 in and watch the flaps of R1 then the rad spikes and then go to 2:00 in and watch the weirdness bloom. Sure looks raddy to me.
edit on 27-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

AND ON SECOND EDIT why is the crane erased halfway down

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
NRC is doing an open meeting for spent fuel and has put out a request for public input on what the US should do with spent fuel. Odds are they wont listen but the more that people demand a permanent solution the more there is a chance one will be found.

The following is from Simply Info www.simplyinfo.org...
The NRC is also exploring the issue of spent fuel and is looking for public input right now. A public meeting being held via a web meeting tool online will happen on January 31. They are also looking for public input until February 17, 2012. The current NRC position has been to simply put it all in parking lot casks unless the public input demands something else.

So public input on this issue is critical. The NRC has released a document for public review.

To sign up for the Jan 31st online meeting use this link www2.gotomeeting.com... They suggest signing up ahead of the meeting to assure a place.

To send in public comments via email:
The comment period is 45 calendar days, from January 3 to February 17, 2012.

You may submit comments via email to WCOutreach@nrc.gov or through the U.S. mail:

Christine Pineda, Project Manager
Mailstop EBB-2B2
Office of Nuclear Material Safety and Safeguards
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Washington, D.C. 20555-0001

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
=========================
As Human says, a few centimetres of the raised levels **may ** be due to reinforcing for the heavy machinery, BUT, why would the reinforcing be necessary? 4 or 5 cm of steel plate must be able to carry quite a few tons of weight. What is underground that the reinforcing would be needed? (see my speculation above) Normally heavy machinery would just compact the earth where it was working, wouldn't it? If there was nothing underneath but solid ground, then this would not matter.

Then again, maybe the ground is saturated and unstable. Maybe THIS is the problem they are trying to solve with the raised ground level.

Saturation point is very valid. Even though the 'sandstone' base shouldn't be too bad, any topsoil may encounter liquefaction and cause apparent ground level changes (as with actual bedrock changes from quake). It is what is taking new areas in Christchurch out - water and soil particles being disturbed by the earthquakes and separating.

Regarding the reinforcing and the reason why they need so much - this:

There's a better photo of that blue crane floating around but it is huge. The tracks dwarf a man, while the slab weights on the back are two stories of metal! These sorts of crane can lift 500 tonnes or more - they are expecting some serious lifting by the looks of it. They'd use multiple cranes of this size for lifting an RPV during a build. You could even lift most of a fuel pool in one go if you needed to.

That thumbnail list is LE AWESOME. Thank you so much!!! Was like a flashback down memory lane. Found this one from the earlier days tehehe. May I suggest as a server load reduction method, perhaps split it up in to 2 pages?

Saw this gem on nucnews.com...
Funny how uranium prices peaked just prior then dropped like a rock post Fukushima.. O'rlly?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

And most importantly remember,

Originally posted by Human0815
i came to the conclusion that what Tepco is telling me "must be close to the Truth"

that truth is truth. There is no such thing as close to the truth. You either have truth or a falsehood and theres no neutral ground. Our job is to find the truth. If we are close to it than it shouldn't be hard to find, yet in reality the data released has never been close, and Tepco and governments dont want anyone close.

I wrote: "must be close to the Truth" because i am not 100% sure,
because i am not there in Fukushima and i do not know much about NPP's,
so even i am there i would not understand everything!

Ergo: I can't write: "What Tepco is telling me is the Truth"

Why do you write: "Tepco and governments dont want anyone close",
F'Shima is a physical Object and not a Conspiracy, at least in my Opinion,
to hide the Truth from a physical Object is much harder than hiding
the Truth of Mind-Games!

As you and many other here i check the News for hours and daily,
my focus are the real Articles from PEER-Reviewed Studies,
i found no Article, Report or/ and Study which said: :"Tepco is still telling us Lies"!

But we need to dig and even dig deeper,
we need to undergird our chain of Arguments with uncompromising Facts,
every Disinformation, Gossip or/and Distraction will led in a Disaster for us!

This is our last Chance to end the Nuclear Complex,
when we fail again, like after Chernobyl, we need to say Sayonara to our World!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Japan’s nuclear nightmare/ a very good Article, imo!

at’s generally assumed that highly developed Japan would handle a catastrophic accident far more competently and humanely than callous, hierarchical, and sharply class-polarised societies with a poorly developed infrastructure and safety culture like India or Pakistan.

Japan was also expected to do much better than backward Ukraine, which suffered the world’s previous nuclear core meltdown at Chernobyl in 1986 – especially as regards large-scale emergency evacuation given Japan’s long experience with earthquakes and tsunamis. Alas, reality betrays this expectation. Japan has rebuilt the roads, bridges and houses destroyed by the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

But it has abjectly failed to provide adequate relief to those affected by the nuclear accident at the Fukushima Daiichi power station. Needless to say, India or Pakistan would have done infinitely worse. A majority of the victims of the three Fukushima reactor meltdowns continue to be exposed to high levels of harmful radiation from atmospheric fallout and contaminated food and water.

The radiation “exclusion zone” only covers a 20-km radius. But radiation levels are high well beyond the zone, at distances such as 60 or even 200 km. Radiation meters – simple, inexpensive, handheld devices – show high gamma radiation readings such as 20 microsieverts an hour.

Within roughly 40 days, these would deliver a dose equalling the maximum permissible annual limit set by the Japanese government. This limit is itself 20 times higher than the internationally prevalent annual norm of 1 millisievert (mSv)! The number of people exposed has not been systematically estimated because neither the government nor plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco), monitors radiation or contamination levels.

But their number is many times higher than the 110,000 evacuees.
----
The tragedy of Fukushima can only be redeemed if the world abolishes nuclear power, and promotes new energy systems and smart grids based on safe, environmentally benign, renewables which are relevant to people’s needs, not the nuclear industry’s greed.

www.thenews.com.pk...

Antinuclear activists refuse to move tents from gov't land

Antinuclear activists rejected a call by the industry ministry to remove their tents from its precincts by 5 p.m. Friday, and continued a four-month-old occupation of ministry grounds to press their demand for the closure of all nuclear power plants in Japan.

The activists said they will not move the tents until the government promises not to allow idled nuclear reactors to resume operating. The ministry said it will not try to evict the activists by force but continue to ask them to remove the tents voluntarily.

On Friday, hundreds of people attended a gathering of antinuclear activists in front of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, chanting "stop nuclear power plants" and "give us back Fukushima."

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Japanese town's dependence on nuclear plant hushes criticism

Japan's nuclear disaster has eroded trust in utilities and shown residents of the rural, mountainous region of Fukui the risk of radiation, but a dependence on atomic plants for jobs and funds means speaking out against them is taboo.

Nestled on the Wakasa Bay in central Japan, the town of Ohi -- lashed this week by a snowstorm that has blanketed much of northern Japan -- hosts four of the nuclear reactors that dot the coast of Fukui prefecture, known as the "Atomic Arcade" because it has more reactors than any other area in Japan.

The farming and fishing town's 8,850 residents depend heavily on the nuclear plant for budget revenue and employment, and many of them are loath to speak out against nuclear power despite their worries. A March 11 earthquake and tsunami devastated the Fukushima nuclear plant in northeast Japan, triggering meltdowns and radiation leaks that led to mass evacuations and widespread contamination.

www.reuters.com...

Todays Reading, dedicated to all of you who keep the Thread running

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

reply to post by zworld

I would tell you but I will let you figure it out - watch in late afternoon and you will see - I promise

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Watch for the man at 1:40
Not wearing a mask or anything
Looks like he is posing for the camera

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Mt. Fuji 5.2 EQ....

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

30 miles North of Numazu:
maps.google.com...,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=128 0&bih=602&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x60198f779382ca77:0x9b8f1bb68d6ba8f,Numazu,+Shizuoka+Prefecture,+Japan&gl=us&ei=SUYjT4zxNuHa0QGm_pSyCQ&sa=X&oi=geoc ode_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CD0Q8gEwAQ

Just apprehensive folks...
en.wikipedia.org...

On Edit:
channel6newsonline.com...

And although not much respect for CNN...
edition.cnn.com...

- Purple Chive

More at Fuku Diary...and is it steam coming out of Mt. Fuji...or clouds?

fukushima-diary.com...

Mt. Fuji - Live Cam:
www.fujigoko.tv...

- Purple Chive
edit on 28-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
I cant get this vid from fuku1long to post but you gotta check this out.
www.youtube.com...
About 35 seconds in it starts.

ON EDIT forget the 35 second mark. Go to 1:00 in and watch the flaps of R1 then the rad spikes and then go to 2:00 in and watch the weirdness bloom. Sure looks raddy to me.

Had me stunned for a while (I thought SHTF again), until the cloud passed. That flapping was a small downdraft, likely the tail end of a decaying cumulus cloud,creating a sun shower. The orientation is on the right track for cloud movement. Wind at altitude travels in a different direction to ground, roughly 35 degrees to the left (much more westerly) and higher windspeed due to lack of terrain turbulence.

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Watch for the man at 1:40
Not wearing a mask or anything
Looks like he is posing for the camera

He definitely has both filters on his mask, posing though he sure is! hehehehe. Good catch.

@human0815
Tepco still is telling us lies, I highlighted another example two pages ago - 70 million bq/hour, is decays per second per hour. It is a measurement of nothing when used to attempt to quantify nuclear materials released to environment. You can all peer review me for that one

Nice work on the latest measurements by the way! What model is the large 'Russian' wand type counter you have? Does it offer more sensitivity than the radex?

Seawater corroding nuclear fuel: "This is a phenomenon that has not been considered before"

We all know that this is one of the first times that seawater has been used to cool a reactor directly. Seems this may have been the reason USA got a bit ants in the pants over it (plus providing a barge to uplift.. things..). This is journal published too, so human, enjoy

Japan used seawater to cool nuclear fuel at the stricken Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear plant after the tsunami in March 2011 -- and that was probably the best action to take at the time, says Professor Alexandra Navrotsky of the University of California, Davis.
But Navrotsky and others have since discovered a new way in which seawater can corrode nuclear fuel, forming uranium compounds that could potentially travel long distances, either in solution or as very small particles. The research team published its work Jan. 23 in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. “This is a phenomenon that has not been considered before,” said Alexandra Navrotsky, distinguished professor of ceramic, earth and environmental materials chemistry. “We don’t know how much this will increase the rate of corrosion, but it is something that will have to be considered in future.”

Emphasis mine

www.news.ucdavis.edu...

More at the dreaded enenews

edit

Originally posted by Purplechive

More at Fuku Diary...and is it steam coming out of Mt. Fuji...or clouds?

Looks exactly like clouds. Have footage of nearly identical formations on Mt Taranaki in New Zealand. It is a stratovolcano too, (same shape as this). For Fuji to form a parasitic cone out the side - there would have been a bit more than just steam already, not to mention earthquake swarms like mad!
edit on 28/1/12 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hi guys, not much to report, however It did rain yesterday and I took the exact same measurments using the same method of swiping my entire car windshild with 2ply paper towel and using my Soeks.

1/18/12 - Average reading 1.0 McSv/h (highest ever recorded by myself)
1/27/12 - Average reading 0.52 McSv/h

Location NorthEastern NJ USA
I'll keep adding to the list everytime it rains.

Good day guys.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedUScitizen

Hey thanks CC! Any chance you could post equal time period decay measurements for those samples (e.g. x measurement at 7 days), to rule out possible radon influencing your readings
?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Well, it was considered here...

Originally posted by Silverlok
Hello honorable thread bearers, I have been in and out and am no where near caught up ( again ), but two odd things happened almost simultaneously, and the result, as is often the case, is serendipitous:

First A friend asked asked me to check out the caltech assessment of fukushima daiichi (as I had not looked it over ) and while I was reading through it taking notes and casting it's lines across the internet , a local restaurant owner that makes about the best salsa in the world(highly important to me), called to ask me it I could tell her if her clothes washer was worth saving or not

( I am not a appliance repair man but get a lot of odd calls like this, it's a reputation with problems thing . Among the things that a useful man learns is never let people know you can cook, repair computers , fix cars , or own a pick-up truck)

Turns out her washer ( a $1200 whirlpool duet job ) was not worth saving after only two years(constant hot water use ). A little research revealed the problem was SEVERE design 'flaw' ( you'll see why it's hard to believe that it was a flaw )

Here is an excellent video regarding the nature of the problem( on second though it may not be excellent but the ideas in it are, hehe, his ideas are spot on , he is a bit lugubrious and breathless, I like the attention to detail though):

It's called Galvanic Corrosion, any engineer would be aware that aluminum will corrode when attached to stainless steel in the presence of water.

Now quite a while back on this thread someone posted an excellent link to stainless steel corrosion and life span , and it started my thinking about physical mechanisms for aerosolization , lso the physical and chemical methods of particalized uranium and plutonium getting into solution ( certainly now a huge problem that we know containment can and has been breached , and cooling of meltdowns is in practice admittedly ), but..

I had forgotten the extensiveness of our old friends Seebeck and Peltier and how the reversibility of these effects related to the chemical and physical properties of Galvanic Corrosion

It powdered that aluminum from the washer , but more importantly the aluminum acted as the anode ( anodic) ( there will not be a quiz on this so
.What it boils down to is ; all dissimilar metals will transport from the anodic metal towards the cathodic metal into the solution, over time , this is especially important in SALTWATER, but it happens quite well in regular water too ( ask any plumber about dia-electric unions) ...

The reason the aluminum dissolved in the washer is because it has an elctrochemical tendency to do this around stainless steel in water and it had a relatively smaller SURFACE AREA than the stainless steel.

From the

Army Missile Command Report RS-TR-67-11, "Practical Galvanic Series."

on

the galvanic series of metals in sea water

Lee Erb posted the list of the most to least reactive anodic (active transport in seawater) metals

here are the top 25 (of 92 listed), most reactive at the top :

1.Magnesium
2.Mg alloy AZ-31B
3.Mg alloy HK-31A
4.Zinc (hot-dip, die cast, or plated)
5.Beryllium (hot pressed)
6.Al 7072 clad on 7075
7.Al 2014-T3
8.Al 1160-H14
9.Al 7079-T6
10.Cadmium (plated)
11.Uranium
12.Al 218 (die cast)
13.Al 5052-0
14.Al 5052-H12
15.Al 5456-0, H353
16.Al 5052-H32
17.Al 1100-0
18.Al 3003-H25
19.Al 6061-T6
20.Al A360 (die cast)
21.Al 7075-T6
22.Al 6061-0
23.Indium
24.Al 2014-0
25.Al 2024-T4

Nestled right in the the various aluminum alloy near the top at number eleven is ...Uranium...

Now from the same report to keep Galvanic transport ( particularization and transport in solution) to a minimum the FIRST consideration is:

To avoid corrosion, avoid a small anodic area relative to the cathodic area.

translation, the size of the stainless steel should be relatively close to the size of the dissolve-able material , if it is larger the difference between the sizes greatly increase the galvanic transport in relation to the difference .

At Fukushima we have several six story tall pieces of stainless steel (cathdoic) that may be anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 full of water contaminated by various thing including TONS of salt, and unknown masses of uranium (anodic) mostly or totally under water in that is in contact with the stainless steel . since the mass of the uranium can't be much bigger than a couple of fire trucks , then ...

To be continued...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Continued from previous post:

we have a cathodic material (stainless steel) that simply dwarfs ( a six story building compared to a fire truck) the anodic materials (uranium ...and...), in ionized ( by salt or radiation ) water under fairly high temperatures. Or , as Bullwinkle would say: a lot of uranium being dissolved into solution very rapidly through galvanic transport.

The practical upshot is that the chances for re-cricality in the fluids or filtration is incredibility high, the plan they have for "cooling" will not work : the galvanic transport in the whole system is going to constantly be destroying seals , and equipment , hence leaking and malfunctions will be a daily routine ,

and criticalities , because the supply of Uranium in the water is going to be nearly constant and very high, not to mention that the filtration systems will be concentrating lethal levels of radioactive material .

This also means that the structural weakening of the buildings and pools is going to progress much faster than calculations not including galvanic currents/transport would suggest (implying that they do not have months ad nauseum to "solve" the problem )

For example take the pools; if any of the rods have been damaged so that the uranium is directly exposed to the water then the galvanic transport can leeched the uranium out while leaving most of the outer rod assembly structures in tact (thus pools or rod assemblies might look fine on the surface but just like rotting teeth be missing most of their substance)

And as another thought it means those water into the ocean releases after the SALT water cooling, were way dirty hot with uranium and other ...iums, and also probably why they had to get rid of them ...distance and dispersion of the concentrated radiation the things were putting off...how many tests for uranium in that sea water were done ?

now since fate is an interesting companion at all times I just need to see if anywhere someone has done their homework on plutonium and galvanic currents , perhaps cal tech ;-)
edit on 27-6-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

Post by Silverlok on page 963 about galvanic transport of uranium

I happen to be the "friend" he is referencing being the person who asked him to look over the Caltech Assessment.

And this was back in June of last year, so these scientists are WAY behind us here in the thread. But is that such a big surprise?

CC, welcome to the thread (a little late I know).

Any of you lurkers, please don't hesitate to post even if all you are doing is saying hello. It is a HUGE morale boost to those who post to know their words are reaching others and have an impact.

I've learned recently (see the tree thread in my sig) that those who watch fromm the sidelines can sometimes make enormous contributions to a cause from the background merely by observing those who are in the spotlight. Plus it really helps those leading the charge to know that there are others cheering on their efforts!
edit on 28-1-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: linkypoo

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I wrote: "must be close to the Truth" because i am not 100% sure,
because i am not there in Fukushima and i do not know much about NPP's,
so even i am there i would not understand everything!

Ergo: I can't write: "What Tepco is telling me is the Truth"

i found no Article, Report or/ and Study which said: "Tepco is still telling us Lies"!

But we need to dig and even dig deeper,
we need to undergird our chain of Arguments with uncompromising Facts,
every Disinformation, Gossip or/and Distraction will led in a Disaster for us!

This is our last Chance to end the Nuclear Complex,
when we fail again, like after Chernobyl, we need to say Sayonara to our World!

Greetings my friend:

Thank you for your time, consideration and participation.

However, more than once we have questioned your line of thinking in coming to bat for TEPCO. One doesn't have to know much about NPPs to separate the wheat from the irradiated chaff when it comes to TEPCOSPEAK.

Either you have not been reading our posts proving the cover-up and conspiracy between TEPCO/JAPGOV, the EPA/FDA/USGOV and the MSM to downplay the true nature of the Nukushima disaster/fiasco multiple melt-throughs, or you are sadly under-served in your quest for the truth.

Many of us here on this forum have shown time and again that TEPCO lies, alters 'official' photos, and in general, is doing everything they can to obfuscate the truth and downplay the true danger of the worldwide environmental warfare being waged against all living species on our Fragile Planet Earth.

You're going to have to come to grips and deal with that fact as the truth.

Thank you for all you do.

BTW, in our personal search for the same truth, we came across this seeming anomaly this morning and present it here for discussion:

When checking in with XMM-Newton this morning, we noticed what seems to be a spike in the live radiation monitor feed.

What’s up, Doc?

Why are the readings higher closer to the Earth?

Enquiring minds want to know.

click stargate

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Why do you write: "Tepco and governments dont want anyone close",
F'Shima is a physical Object and not a Conspiracy, at least in my Opinion,
to hide the Truth from a physical Object is much harder than hiding
the Truth of Mind-Games!

i found no Article, Report or/ and Study which said: :"Tepco is still telling us Lies"!

Human-San, in the beginning of the disaster Tepco stated repeatedly that there was no meltdown, even though they knew there was. Is this lying or telling the truth.

That was the first few days of the accident. Nothing changed since. Tepco has a history of lying to protect company interests. A company that will lie to hide defects in their RPVs (late 90s) will lie about anything in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

GR, Berkeleygal (can I call you BG) what did you make of the radiation pings in the video. By 2:10 they looked just like the endoscope views inside the reactors. I can only assume they must be alpha and beta particles.

Anyone else, if you haven't checked this out please do. Go right to the 2:00 minute mark and from there watch the pings. Its insane. Ive never seen anything like it. There must be a spike somewhere in the monitoring posts to verify this, unless wind direction was offshore.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

I'm thinking snow flurries.
WeatherUnderground page for Fukushima Daiichi

With it that cold and the relatively low humidity, it would be a much drier, less-sticky snow and would not pile up if there's not much of it.

Plus, as I watched and rewatched it, I never saw any "strikes" along the line that demarks the place where the protective dome seam runs across the middle of the screen. This indicates to me that the particles are beyond the dome.

I think in this case, it is real snow, not "radioactive snow."

new topics

<< 1189  1190  1191    1193  1194  1195 >>

join