Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1190
<< 1187  1188  1189    1191  1192  1193 >>

join

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Guyz, on assignment. No time but had to post this. This might answer alot of questions.

Is this what all the lights at night down at 4 and the southend all summer and fall were about. It appears that, if there is something under ground, it's been entombed. I don't know what to make of this otherwise.

We know from earlier pics of the summer that they had a fleet of backhoes, dirt removers, and dump trucks at work in the area between R4, CSFP and the southend complex (SC). Every shot I saw during that time had equipment for removing dirt in this area, not just the picker upper and scooper stuff for removing debris.

Recently PC linked to this pic and I did what Ive been trained to do when doing environmental investigation of a pollution catastrophe. First, take a picture of the photo in your mind, as if you were standing there, an overall view. Then get out the magnifying glass and start dissecting it with the initial understanding that everything in the picture means something. Even the little things. Dont discard something from examination until you're sure it's meaningless.

This picture proved to be very productive. After analysis it is safe to say that the direction of work is to the back side of R4, northeast corner of the support buildings and the area from the road to the northeast corner is done, sanded and covered with lead plates (Im assuming lead). This is similar to the other side of R4, where they have plated up to the southeast corner, surrounding it, and are currently working the effium falls section. It also shows that dirt removal as well as debris is still a part of the program, with both types of heavy equipment still present in January.

It is also a good shot of the siding that was blown off the walls of the support building from the R4 blast, (as sat photos show). Then there's the funny hut in front of the heavy equipment, and in front of that is some kind of tank with warning cones in front. Nothing else jumped out at first and was about to click next.

And then it dawned on me. There's no exhaust stack foot. Thats wrong. Here's a picture taken of that foot a couple months before.

Ground floor is now 3 + feet off the ground. Went back over Cryptome photos and found this,

Steel girders? Say What!!!!. How massively built is this new ground floor. And how deep. If they've been taking dirt out all along, did they go down three feet. Four feet. For the them to cement in steel girders implies a huge structure.

Now we must ask ourselves, with 3 reactor cores and 4 SFPs in need of more work than Tepco and the Japanese government may be able to do, work that will take years, WTF ARE THEY DOING ENTOMBING THE FUGGING GROUND.

Thats what it looks like they have done. This raised area at this time appears to go from the south wall of R3, past R4 and centralized waste treatment. It doesnt go as far as the CSFP but the girders sticking out implies that it will be continued.

Im pretty sure we are looking at an entombment of the UC. Whatever shape this raised mass takes will probably outline it.

Curiouser and curiouser.
edit on 25-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)
edit on 25-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You know Z, as soon as you said that, a bell went off. Ok first, our disappearing truck bay at #4.
April 4th

And this fresh pic. You can see the opening in the wall beside the red crane.

The link

www.voanews.com...

So...We need some more proof the ground has been raised?
This would be one of the concrete feet/anchors that are now below ground.

Main St looking south. Note tower leg on left. No foot.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Got a question for you.
Is that heavy equipment robotic or are people running those things?
Next,where is all that debris going,cause you know the level of radioactivity has got to be high there.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
In fact, if you go by the height of the bucket, I'd say 4 or 5 ft. Lots of hoses running under too. Oct 28th

From east looking west. Same spot. Beside the #1 turbine building.

So I'd have to say your absolutely right. They have raised the ground level...a lot.
What do you make of this?
fukushima-diary.com...
A new way to dump crap in the sea and call it re-inforcing?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Another question.

These structures are partial painted or is that something else.

Look closely to see what I'm talking about.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Hey AC,looks like they are trying to hide it,they can't dump it anywhere else,so why not bury it there,right?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
More strange emergencies declared.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Goddard looks at a BS study.

And a strange light at #4.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The last few seconds of this film are really interesting. Just a bit dark.

By the way, I notice here the 2 panels on the right side of the west wall are gone. Only the 2 on the left remain. I guess my fresh pic, above, from that article wasn't so fresh.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Aircooled because: I forgot

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Z, your strange hut is actually a segment of precast concrete storm drain.

Shea Construction Products

This is but one example company, there are many others.

Thev electrical box on the side are anchor points for hooks from a lifting harness, which then is lifted in to place by a crane.

And yep, good catch on them raising the ground. All of those plates are on a grid of steel i-beams, strong steel too, to hold all of the HEAVY equipment without buckling.

reply to post by kdog1982

That green discoloration (and in some places, cream colored) is the sticky epoxy they sprayed to keep the radioactive dust from being kicked up during deconstuction.

Remember the hill behind the CFSP was one of the first places sprayed with the green glue...

And i do believe that all of that equipement, or most of it anyway, is robotic. Or more correctly, remote controlled.

edit on 26-1-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: answered one more question

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Unit 2 Reactor Core Spray Down to Zero

At 5 :10 pm on January 25, regarding the reactor injection from the feed water system at the Unit 2, we changed the injection line from the pump located uphill to the T/B reactor injecting pump. At 9:47 am on January 26, due to the change of injection duct owned by the pump located uphill, the volume from the feed water system increased from approx. 7.9m3/h to 8.7 m3/h, and the volume from the reactor core system decreased from approx. 1.0m3/h to 0m3/h.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
The last few seconds of this film are really interesting. Just a bit dark.

By the way, I notice here the 2 panels on the right side of the west wall are gone. Only the 2 on the left remain. I guess my fresh pic, above, from that article wasn't so fresh.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Aircooled because: I forgot

The cameraman has changed neutral density filters. Similar to exposure, adjusts how much light gets into frame. Good trick to see what is brighter than the other when a little saturated at normal exposure.

Guess they are taking panels out to save weight?

Great finds Z and AC. The metal layering everywhere had me wondering for ages. An air gap with a steel I beam and steel plating doesn't seem the most insulating if it were because of fallout between 3-4.
What if the concrete buildings got so nailed by the underground explosion and earthquakes, that the heavy machinery began to cause further damage. Perhaps they had to build this to spread the load?
edit on 26/1/12 by GhostR1der because: grammuratical

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Possible Tokyo Evacuation Was Kept Secret in Nuclear Crisis

The Japanese government’s worst-case scenario at the height of the nuclear crisis last year warned that tens of millions of people, including residents of Tokyo, might be forced to leave their homes, according to a report. Fearing widespread panic, officials kept the report secret.
---
“We cannot rule out further developments that may lead to an unpredictable situation at Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, where there has been an accident, and this report outlines a summary of that unpredictable situation,” said the document, which was written by Shunsuke Kondo, the leader of the atomic energy commission.

www.nytimes.com...

Japan's 'Nuclear Alley' Conflicted Over Reactors

International inspectors are visiting a rugged Japanese bay so thick with reactors it is dubbed "Nuclear Alley," where residents remain deeply conflicted as Japan moves to restart plants idled after the Fukushima disaster.

The local economy depends heavily on the industry, and the national government hopes that "stress tests" at idled plants — the first of which is being reviewed this week by the International Atomic Energy Agency — will show they are safe enough to switch back on.

But last year's tsunami crisis in northeastern Japan with meltdowns at three of the Fukushima reactors has fanned opposition to the plants here in western Fukui prefecture, a mountainous region surrounding Wakasa Bay that also relies on fishing and tourism and where the governor has come out strongly against nuclear power.

abcnews.go.com...

Japan's Ex-Premier Turns Anti-Nuclear Activist

Former Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan returns to the world stage this week, part of a campaign to reinvent himself as a global antinuclear activist nearly a year after he oversaw his government's widely criticized handling of the Fukushima Daiichi accident.

"I would like to tell the world that we should aim for a society that can function without nuclear energy," he said in a recent interview with The Wall Street Journal, previewing his speech scheduled for Thursday at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland

online.wsj.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
Guyz, on assignment. No time but had to post this. This might answer alot of questions.

The Caterpillars are imo. manned as seen here,
the Ground is imho, made for the Caterpillars and their, hmmmm, how you call it,
a normal Asphalt cant handle them, so they put a Cover on the Asphalt and the Metal,
this would be ca 50-80Cm!

After earthquake, Japan can’t agree on the future of nuclear power

The hulking system that once guided Japan’s pro-nuclear-power stance worked just fine when everybody moved in lock step.

But in the wake of a nuclear accident that changed the way this country thinks about energy, the system has proved ill-suited for resolving conflict. Its very size and complexity have become a problem. Nearly a year after the triple meltdown at the Fukushima Daiichi facility, Japanese decision-makers cannot agree on how to safeguard their reactors against future disasters, or even whether to operate them at all.

www.washingtonpost.com... l
edit on 26-1-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
These stormwater drains got me thinking...What would/could these be used for?

Maybe the small pipes they are using are not big enough and larger pipes would attract attention perhaps?
They could be building a large outlet into the sea using these stormwater drains.
They could be building a tube to get the water right to the cores.
They could be building a man-sized tunnel to get to somewhere that has been blocked off and un-reachable.

==========================================
The raised level of the ground also brought related speculative thoughts too.

What if the raised levels were to re-inforce the ground so that the weight of the buildings did not collase the tunnel system. A tunnel system filled with water and radioactive water as well, would destroy the concrete lining the tunnels and allow the concrete to soften. Tunnels like this, which are flooded are liable to collapse - just like a sand castle when the sea comes in.

====================================
The concrete over the sea bed also got me thinking...again, purely speculative, of course!

What if the tunnels of the UC went out under the sea?
What if they were afraid that the tunnels would collapse?
What if they were afraid that the collapse would trigger another explosion of parts of the underground complex that had not been flooded?
We dont know what the simulations (if there is an UC, then there will be simulations and worst-case scenarios) have shown, do we?
A tunnel collapse in the harbour area and in-rush of sea water would totally collapse the tunnels and the hole it made would be like a large sink-hole. Everything would "fall into the sea".

=========================
As Human says, a few centimetres of the raised levels **may ** be due to reinforcing for the heavy machinery, BUT, why would the reinforcing be necessary? 4 or 5 cm of steel plate must be able to carry quite a few tons of weight. What is underground that the reinforcing would be needed? (see my speculation above) Normally heavy machinery would just compact the earth where it was working, wouldn't it? If there was nothing underneath but solid ground, then this would not matter.

Then again, maybe the ground is saturated and unstable. Maybe THIS is the problem they are trying to solve with the raised ground level.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Reports: Japan’s TEPCO to Receive Massive State Bailout 26Jan12

Posted Thursday, January 26th, 2012 at 7:15 am
News reports say the Japanese government is prepared to bailout the owner of the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant for $13 billion.
Tokyo Electric Power Company officials are negotiating with the government-backed Nuclear Damage Liability Facilitation Fund about its offer to purchase a two-thirds share in the company, a move that would effectively nationalize the privately-run utility.

...Japan's Nikkei business daily says TEPCO envisions returning to profitability by 2014, based on the assumption it will increase household electricity rates by 10 percent in October, and restart reactors at its Kashiwazaki-Kariwa nuclear plant in March 2013.

Meanwhile, a group of inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency visited a nuclear plant in the western city of Ohi. The inspectors were invited by the Japanese government to help assess the safety of the country's nuclear plants.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I really doubt that Tepco & Friend would play such a shady Game,
they are criminals but (mostly) not stupid

Also they cant hide something big like this,
around of J-Town many hungry Journalists are waiting for their Break-Through Story!

You saw her Mini-Demo, she is wonderful and i am in Love

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Human - I dont care how hungry these journalists are, they have shown us that there is a problem getting the real story out. I dont know what the problem is - maybe it is the mainstream media in Japan or the world not being allowed to publish the real stories. I admit there have been some leaked stories, but we still do not know some really important answers to important questions. Such as "What is going on inside?"

Any journalist who could... would have published the real story I am sure, but you answer me this - Why dont we know much about what is happening inside the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant?

I agree, there must be many hungry journalists but something or someone is stopping their great stories getting out - even written in japanese.

If it was a story about an affair or a dirty politician, there would be no problem getting it published.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by zworld

Got a question for you.
Is that heavy equipment robotic or are people running those things?
Next,where is all that debris going,cause you know the level of radioactivity has got to be high there.

I think robotic, at least they were in the summer, and Ive never seen a pic with someone in them.

Debris disposal is one of those things that really needs regulatory oversight in this situation. In the beginning of summer there were rumors of illegal trucks, both water and solids, being hauled off plant in the middle of the night. I discounted it at the time but since have come to kjnow Tepco much better And after seeing the Japanese government try and make people outside the area feel guilty for not accepting debris, ash etc Im not so sure.

Irrespective that, they have pretty much changed the ecology all around the plant from forest to storage area. I wonder what they did with the trees?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Another question.

These structures are partial painted or is that something else.

I cant tell. Could be lighting of the shot but dont know.

top topics

<< 1187  1188  1189    1191  1192  1193 >>

join