It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 119.htm
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The Japan nuclear safety agency says TEPCO is attempting to build a road to Fukushima Daiichi No.4 reactor to allow fire trucks into site.

-Reuters.

wow.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There staying there going, there staying there going. Sheesh This is hard to keep up with.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The Japan nuclear safety agency says TEPCO is attempting to build a road to Fukushima Daiichi No.4 reactor to allow fire trucks into site

live.reuters.com...

link   
2 reactor cores damaged?

Tokyo Electric Says 2 Nuclear Reactor Cores May Be Damaged

March 16 (Bloomberg) -- A fire and aftershocks struck the crippled Fukushima Dai-Ichi power plant today, as officials battling to prevent a nuclear meltdown said fuel rods at two reactors may have been damaged.

Temperatures in the spent-fuel rod cooling pools of the shuttered No. 5 and No. 6 reactors were rising as of 7 a.m. today to about 60 degrees Celsius (140 degrees Fahrenheit), said Tsuyoshi Makigami, head of nuclear maintenance at Tepco. The building that houses the inactive No. 4 reactor at the nuclear plant has two holes in it and water in the spent fuel pool may be boiling, Japan’s Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said yesterday.

Are 5 and 6 going to be next?

link   
reply to post by JackBauer

dang, beat me to it.

link   
There is some new updates from hisz.rsoe.hu...

But nothing much we don't know.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

2.43pm South Korea plans to send an emergency shipment of cooling material to Japan to help control its quake-damaged nuclear reactors. Tokyo has asked for 52 tonnes of boron, a key material used for regulating nuclear chain reactions, as it is running short of the metalloid to cool the overheated Fukushima reactors, Seoul said. "We've sent boron samples. Now, we are scraping up all we got," a South Korean official said.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoosKept240
The Japan nuclear safety agency says TEPCO is attempting to build a road to Fukushima Daiichi No.4 reactor to allow fire trucks into site

live.reuters.com...

How do they build a road when the air is so contaminated.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
DEVELOPMENTS TODAY
* France urges nationals in Tokyo to leave country or head to southern Japan.
* France says has asked Air France to provide planes for evacuation of French nationals from Japan, two already on their way

live.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Sorry if this picture has been posted already, but it is hard to keep up with my two little boys who have the flu and the threads on here at the same time. But I saw this one and just wonder how they can say anything short of 'evacuate now'.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
so this is what its come down to? they are going to fight the melt down with a fire truck?
i am so very sad right now

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Nope that one is new to me Thanks Where is the reactor in #3? Graphics showed it was pretty tall inside the building. That looks very collapsed

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Not entirely sure if this is update regularly, or was a on-time snap-shot, but I thought I'd share ...

Japan map of Japan Radiation Maximum by Prefecture

Can somebody take a gander and see if it's legit? If so, it's a great resource.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I have no idea. Scary thought, eh. Cause I thought it would be a lot taller as well.

And by the way, the pic came from MSNBC in one of their slide shows.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Thanks! That picture is much, much clearer than the "official" that I saw posted!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Thanks for posting that pic. Also, is it just me or does it look like there is a guy in a black t-shirt standing in the hole in the wall of reactor 4? WTH?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
Not entirely sure if this is update regularly, or was a on-time snap-shot, but I thought I'd share ...

Japan map of Japan Radiation Maximum by Prefecture

Can somebody take a gander and see if it's legit? If so, it's a great resource.

Great find! This looks pretty good they have different times for monitoring, looks like updates every 3 hours.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

looks very legit to me..I know that the mayors etc.. were told to provide readings..so this would make sense

btw check out the levels in Horiguchi

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kithylin

Cool, if I'm reading it right, they have data for Ibaraki (between Tokyo and Fukushima), but not for Fukushima or Miyagi yet (probably the two most interesting, due to obviously reactors being in Fukushima, and I believe the greatest tsunami impact in Miyagi - might not be right on that).

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

TEPCO has removed public access to a webcam showing the Fukoshima reactors. Now a password is needed in order to observe the complex.

Reuters

new topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join