Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1189
<< 1186  1187  1188    1190  1191  1192 >>

join

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Greetings:

Dear reader, we certainly do live in exciting times, and we now may very well be witness
to a tipping point in human history without having to experience the seeming obligatory,
made-for-TV self-immolation pics so prevalent in today’s current events.

[color=FDD017]The unification of the Occupy and Anti-Nuclear movements worldwide has exploded into the worst nightmare conceivable for the intertwined military industrial complex and the beleaguered commercial nuclear power industry, because an informed, motivated and disenfranchised populace is an enraged monster that cannot be easily returned to the cage.

The Anti-Nuclear and Occupy (ANO) collective is the natural extension of of the violently repressed feelings left over from the gone-to-ground hippies of the turbulent ’60s and present-day American citizens disenchanted with the policies of the current administration and the manifesting awareness of the complicit EPA/USGOV cover-up with the JAPGOV and TEPCO in the mother of all conspiracies - disenfranchisement of the world populace of truthful, quality information enabling them to make educated decisions regarding radiation poisoning and violations of their right to a radiation-free life.

This planet-wide union has been in the mix since the outset of the anti-nuclear movement, and
all that was needed was a unifying catalyst to bring the ideas together in one expanding voice:
NO NUKES!

Fukushima Dai-ichi provided that catalyst and we must now act accordingly or bear the fatal consequences of unending years of continuing nuclear holocaust from the destroyed multiple
melt-throughs.

Now, more than ever before, concerned citizens who wish for a nuclear-free future for themselves, their children, and children for all generations to come must take a stand now and demand a radiation-free environment.

Now is the time for all men, women and children to come to the aid of their severely, if not mortally wounded Mother Earth.

But first, just in, Breaking News from Colorado!

"Radiation CPM spikes to 192 today as Colorado continues to undergo daily nuclear fallout from the crippled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant."

The same multiple melt-throughs that continue to spew life-altering radiation 24/7/365 with
no end nor solution in sight. The really scary part of all this is, TEPCO has admitted that the technology does not presently exist to “adequately” deal with the crisis.

Just for grins and in an attempt to keep somewhat informed, we monitor a veritable plethora
of radiation monitoring sites around the world, with a particular eye to disturbing trends here
in America, and we offer these readings from Colorado as food for thought... the spikes were interesting today:

BTW, the EPA, FDA and the USGOV continue to assure the public that there is no cause for alarm and any erroneous connection between rainwater at [color=Cyan]14,000+% above legal limits and drinking water is contentious to say the least. The fact that there exists nothing to filter out any type of radionuclide from the rainwater flowing from the reservoirs through the city water plants seems to amazingly escape the light of day.

Check this out:

OK, Alert Level = 100, seems simple enough.

So, what do these readings indicate from yesterday, enquiring minds want to know?

Radiation monitor setup in NE Longmont, Colorado, USA. radmon.stan4d.net...

Radiation Monitor
@LongmontRadMon
7h
174 CPM, 1.4129 uSv/h, 1.1404 AVG uSv/h, 4 time(s) over natural radiation

Radiation Monitor
@LongmontRadMon
8h
162 CPM, 1.3154 uSv/h, 0.9502 AVG uSv/h, 3 time(s) over natural radiation

Radiation Monitor
@LongmontRadMon
21h
150 CPM, 1.2180 uSv/h, 0.9166 AVG uSv/h, 3 time(s) over natural radiation

Radiation Monitor
@LongmontRadMon
23h
144 CPM, 1.1693 uSv/h, 0.8401 AVG uSv/h, 3 time(s) over natural radiation

Radiation Monitor
@LongmontRadMon
21 Jan
138 CPM, 1.1206 uSv/h, 0.8801 AVG uSv/h, 3 time(s) over natural radiation

Radiation Monitor
@LongmontRadMon
21 Jan
144 CPM, 1.1693 uSv/h, 0.8781 AVG uSv/h, 3 time(s) over natural radiation

We need a drink!

Peace Love Light
tfw[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]
edit on 23/1/2012 by thorfourwinds because: (no reason given)
edit on 23/1/2012 by thorfourwinds because: oh color

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Geetings from the land of the rising sun

Magnitude 5.3

Date-Time Monday, January 23, 2012 at 11:45:42 UTC Monday, January23,2012at 08:45:42PM at epicenter Time of Earthquakein otherTimeZones

Location 37.093°N, 141.040°E

Depth 49.8 km (30.9 miles)

Region NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU,JAPAN

Distances 14 km (8 miles) ENE of Iwaki, Honshu, Japan 68 km (42 miles) ESE of Koriyama, Honshu, Japan 90 km (55 miles) SE of Fukushima, Honshu, Japan 194 km (120 miles) NE of TOKYO, Japan

Location Uncertainty horizontal+/- 16.3 km (10.1 miles);depth +/- 8.5km (5.3miles)

Parameters NST=259, Nph=273, Dmin=260.5 km, Rmss=0.65 sec, Gp=101°, M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=6

Source Magnitude: USGSNEIC (WDCS-D) Location: USGSNEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usc0007qh4

USGS

Too close to that awakened dragon that doesn't need any further shaking...

Was this caught on camera?
edit on 23-1-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed a couple things

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Since I have exceeded the 2 hour "4 hour window" to edit my previous post, I have this to add to the discussion:

Because, you know, those cute little isotopes clock out at the end of the day too and stop irradiating their surroundings, right?

Off-clock radiation exposure ignored

The health ministry is not calculating how much radiation workers at the Fukushima No. 1 power plant absorbed after they evacuated or while off the clock, casting doubt on the adequacy of the current radiation control regime.

An article in the Japan Times about radiation exposure while off the clock not being counted.

Well if this isn't a particularly putrid pile of steaming male bovine fecal matter. 

I am apoplectic at this and just shake my head in wonder at the sheer stupidity on display in this fiasco time and again. 

I'm going back to my tree, I think it needs a hug. 

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

I remember speaking of doing something pro-active a while back. Something to raise awareness about the ongoing fubar that is Fukushima:

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by thorfourwinds
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

What do you think the best way would be to inform more people of the Fukushima Dai-ichi warheads/MOX/weapons productions facility that remains, to this day, continually spewing life-altering radiation 24/7/365... [color=limegreen]with no end in sight?

The first thing that popped into my mind when I read this was:
"I don't know... I wish I had an answer."

The second thing that popped into my mind was:
"Occupy Wall Street".

I envisioned the protesters with Fukushima signs. How would one steer the protesters towards rallying behind this cause along with their primary concerns. This would require someone to disseminate the information contained in your exhaustive and informative threads within the OWS movement. In my world, I see signs and banners proclaiming the ongoing (and under/un-reported) disaster flying high at every protest. But that's just me.

I'm all for an "Earth Aid" type of event. Perhaps others are thinking the same thing as we are...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Amount of radioactive materials released from Fukushima plant up

TOKYO, Jan. 23, Kyodo

english.kyodonews.jp/news/2012/01/137883.html

The amount of radioactive materials released from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in Fukushima Prefecture has increased this month, compared with the previous month, the plant operator said Monday.

The amount has come to 70 million becquerels per hour, compared with 60 million becquerels in December, Tokyo Electric Power Co. said, adding that the increase is attributable to displacement of radioactive materials that had settled on facilities and equipment, as a result of work conducted near the Nos. 2 and 3 reactors there.

The operator, known as TEPCO, has recently probed the inside of the container vessel at the No. 2 reactor with an industrial endoscope and conducted scrap work around the No. 3 reactor.

While the amount of radioactive materials released from the No. 1 reactor decreased to one-fifth the level in December, the amount of the materials from the Nos. 2 and 3 reactors increased by 10 million becquerels per hour each, TEPCO said.

Also Monday, the plant operator said new equipment will be installed to remove about 1,000 radioactive isotopes from tainted water that is leaking from the damaged reactors. Removable isotopes include not just cesium but cobalt and strontium.

Performance tests are now under way, with plans to conduct test runs until June, the operator said, adding that the new equipment targets drastically reducing the level of strontium contained in tainted water.

Copyright 2012 Kyodo News

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Perhaps this guy would be interested in "Earth Aid":

If by some chance Sting is reading ATS: What say you, Sting?

INTERMISSION

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Item

Big Tokyo Earthquake Likely 'Within The Next Few Years'
www.bbc.co.uk...
23 January 2012 Last updated at 10:29 ET

A big earthquake is much more likely to hit the Japanese capital, Tokyo, in the next few years than the government has predicted, researchers say.

The team, from the University of Tokyo, said there was a 75% probability that a magnitude 7 quake would strike the region in the next four years.

The government says the chances of such an event are 70% in the next 30 years.

The warning comes less than a year after a massive earthquake and tsunami devastated Japan's north-eastern coast.

The last time Tokyo was hit by a big earthquake was in 1923, when a 7.9 magnitude quake killed more than 100,000 people, many of them in fires.

Researchers at the University of Tokyo's earthquake research institute based their figures on data from the growing number of tremors in the capital since the 11 March 2011 quake.

They say that compared with normal years, there has been a five-fold increase in the number of quakes in the Tokyo metropolitan area since the March disaster.

They based their calculations on data from Japan's Meteorological Agency, They said their results show that seismic activity had increased in the area around the capital, which in turn leads to a higher probability of a major quake.
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 1/23/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: formatting

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

But first, just in, Breaking News from Colorado!

Check this out:

OK, Alert Level = 100, seems simple enough.

So, what do these readings indicate from yesterday, enquiring minds want to know?

Radiation monitor setup in NE Longmont, Colorado, USA. radmon.stan4d.net...

Radiation Monitor
@LongmontRadMon
7h
174 CPM, 1.4129 uSv/h, 1.1404 AVG uSv/h, 4 time(s) over natural radiation

Radiation Monitor
@LongmontRadMon
8h
162 CPM, 1.3154 uSv/h, 0.9502 AVG uSv/h, 3 time(s) over natural radiation

Radiation Monitor
@LongmontRadMon
21h
150 CPM, 1.2180 uSv/h, 0.9166 AVG uSv/h, 3 time(s) over natural radiation

Radiation Monitor
@LongmontRadMon
23h
144 CPM, 1.1693 uSv/h, 0.8401 AVG uSv/h, 3 time(s) over natural radiation

Radiation Monitor
@LongmontRadMon
21 Jan
138 CPM, 1.1206 uSv/h, 0.8801 AVG uSv/h, 3 time(s) over natural radiation

Radiation Monitor
@LongmontRadMon
21 Jan
144 CPM, 1.1693 uSv/h, 0.8781 AVG uSv/h, 3 time(s) over natural radiation

Isn't there a Mistake, Miscalculation

Because the real International Alert Amount is afir. 1.10uSv/h

I think you made a decimal Error:
Imho it is 100 CPM is 0.120uSv/h

Our Tepco-Friends wrote this Evening after the Quake:

Announcement No major damage has been confirmed at our facilities including the nuclear power stations due to the earthquake of magnitude estimated to be 5.1) occured in offshore of Fukushima at 8:45 pm on January 23.

Source:

They need to hurry a bit to clean their/ our Mess

Tsunami Brings Sea Change to Tohoku

A poll conducted by local officials in the region last week indicated that fewer than 20 percent of displaced residents wanted to leave Minami-Sanriku which straddles bustling fishing ports, fertile farmland and small towns in the Miyagi prefecture.

For centuries, these pristine northern areas provided marine and agricultural resources for the capital Tokyo, with traditional livelihoods remaining undisturbed and communities content to remain isolated from the drastic global changes around them.
----------
Populations in Tohoku’s disaster-affected towns are being asked to make tough decisions. Some like Goto and her husband have decided to remain, knowing that they can continue fishing only if they stay on in Minami-Sanriku.

But the younger generation is not so sure and already the total number of households in Minami-Sanriku has shrunk from 5,400 before the disaster to 4,893.

ipsnews.net...

PS: @ Zworld, no need to search "the Power-Lines Issue" anymore,
i found it but now it seams like Enenews banned (Monitored) me because of my Opinion
so i cant reach her anymore
edit on 23-1-2012 by Human0815 because: spell
edit on 23-1-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xecoybh
The amount has come to 70 million becquerels per hour, compared with 60 million becquerels in December, Tokyo Electric Power Co. said,

70 million decays per second per hour?

[insert generic wtf gif here]

Always good when they don't even give us actual data. It tells us nothing of how much radioactive material is actually escaping.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ok today in eastern Ontario I wiped half the car winshield with a paper towel and did a freezing rain check for radiation Jan 23rd, 3:15 PM. My first test at 2:45 pm read 0,29 microseiverts. This 0.73 {5 X background} was my second test at 3:15. At 3:50 I rechecked this same sample {by request} and 35 minutes later it was still reading o.28 to 0.31 microseiverts, steady. {2 X background}. Since my last video, the last few snowfalls have tested as normal background or just a few points above.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The fun starts at the 10:50 minute mark, at the base of the center tower, by #3. Fire? Reflection? I won't even guess.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

AC - Watched the video, interesting. Also, just checked the live cam, 24hrs after and the orange glow is still at the bottom of the tower, but there's also a bigger orange glow at the base of R3 / in between units 2 & 3. My guess would be that it's the usual "night time clearance sale" going on and that the camera is adding its own funky colours to draw in the punters. Its probably just a movable floodlight, but what the heck do I know!!

PS - Carry on the good work guys, so much info coming all the time its hard to keep up, but keep up we need to.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by StonedSheep

Looks like they moved something tall, right to left, passing in front of the lights prior to the quake as well.

enenews.com...

Radiation levels in tokyo, measured 18m away from the ground, in air, spiked nearly double yesterday after the quake. I guess the multinational nuclear bonfire cauldron had a good shake and rattle around. Wonder what a mag9+ would do? Enough to cause an explosion? Nukes are usually triggered by explosive compression and neutrons - even a fizzer like we've already seen would be a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I checked today Down-Town Tokyo,
the Level was normal (for Post=Fukushima)

Imho. this so called "Spikes" are normal for the cleaning Process

I hope we will see the new Tents soon!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Oh, this is getting ridiculous. 10:15 this morning. first test topped out at 0.46 micro-sieverts. This was the second. The third test topped out at 0.50.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Latest On Trench "Leaks" and Dude With the Facemask Violation...

www.tepco.co.jp...

one of the staff from a cooperating company struck his full-face mask against the edge of the carrier of a truck and the filter of his mask temporarily dropped off. As there was a possibility of intake of radioactive materials, we measured his internal exposure dose with a whole body counter. As a result, there was no significant problem of internal radiation dose (the measured level was below the standard of inscription in the radiation dose management notebook.), therefore, we evaluated that there was no intake of radioactive materials. There was no pollution on the inner side of the full-face mask, the face, and the nostril.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Close game going on at Fuku. Wish a kicker could come in and make or break the situation instead of just keep hanging on a cliff...

Appreciate all'ya folks on this thread so much!! Good to see ya back Stoned!!

AC - the readings you are getting...

To each his sufferings: all are men,
Condemn'd alike to groan—
The tender for another's pain,
Th' unfeeling for his own.
Yet, ah! why should they know their fate,
Since sorrow never comes too late,
And happiness too swiftly flies?
Thought would destroy their Paradise.
No more;—where ignorance is bliss,
'Tis folly to be wise.

- Thomas Grey

- Purple Chive

edit on 24-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

TEPCO's Solar Surcharge!!

This pisses me off! Control freaks!! Same BS in the States.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Sunflower Seeds 81.4 bq/K Cesium

After pressing the seeds:

The lees left after the pressing, however, registered 117 becquerels per kilogram, a contamination level requiring careful disposal.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Imagine what this does to the critters that eat the seeds...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Tepco down to one operating nuclear reactor

The No. 5 reactor at the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa nuclear plant in Niigata Prefecture was to be taken offline early Wednesday for scheduled maintenance and inspections, leaving only one out of Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s 17 still in service.

All of Tepco's reactors will go offline by the end of March when the No. 6 reactor at the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa plant will be switched off for repairs and safety checks.

Among Japan's 54 commercial reactors, only three not operated by Tepco are currently in operation. These are the No. 3 reactor at the Tomari plant in Hokkaido Prefecture, the No. 3 reactor at the Takahama plant in Fukui Prefecture and the No. 2 reactor at the Shimane plant.

Poor, poor Tepco

Report on Japan nuclear crisis said millions might need to leave homes; gov’t kept it secret

The Japanese government’s worst-case scenario at the height of the nuclear crisis last year warned that tens of millions of people, including Tokyo residents, might need to leave their homes, according to a report obtained by The Associated Press.

But fearing widespread panic, officials kept the report secret. The recent emergence of the 15-page internal document may add to complaints in Japan that the government withheld too much information about the world’s worst nuclear accident since Chernobyl.
--------------
“It was a scenario based on hypothesis, and even in the event of such a development, we were told that residents would have enough time to evacuate,” Hosono said.

“We were concerned about the possibility of causing excessive and unnecessary worry if we went ahead and made it public,” he said. “That’s why we decided not to disclose it.”

A Japanese government nuclear policy official, Masato Nakamura, said Wednesday that he stood behind Hosono’s decisions on the document.

“It was all his decisions,” he said. “We do not disclose all administrative documents.”

Japanese authorities and regulators have been repeatedly criticized for how they have handled information amid the unfolding nuclear crisis. Officials initially denied that the reactors had melted down, and have been accused of playing down the health risks of exposure to radiation.

www.washingtonpost.com... 01/25/gIQAjAnxPQ_story.html

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

PS: @ Zworld, no need to search "the Power-Lines Issue" anymore,
i found it but now it seams like Enenews banned (Monitored) me because of my Opinion
so i cant reach her anymore

Everytime I try and explain the UC theory media people drop me like a hot potato. No one wants it to be talked about. Looks like ENENEWS maybe too.

top topics

<< 1186  1187  1188    1190  1191  1192 >>

join