It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1186.htm
<< 1183  1184  1185    1187  1188  1189 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Unit 2 CRD Housing Unit Temps...

Obviously haywire...or one hell of a problem? Surprised no mention of "Malfunction" on rpt. On edit - "Instrument Failure"

www.tepco.co.jp...

Wonder if any relationship with endoscopy?

- Purple Chive
edit on 18-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Still digging out from a blizzard here. I threw my Geiger in a sandwich bag last night a took a stroll in the storm. The readings were steady. 0.19 - 0.23 microsieverts with a spike to 0.33. Mostly I was walking along with it but the readings were the same when I laid it in the snow.

Maybe we will see some footage like this of the other reactors soon.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

AC - Any idea what the rad readings were? What's all the floaty stuff? And dudes walking around...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Good to see more coverage of TEPCO's ineptitude from ABC Australia

Japan warned US military about fallout before warning public 19Jan2012

..."Because we had no information we were unwittingly evacuating to an area where the radiation level was high so I'm very worried about the people's health," mayor Baba tells AM. "I feel pain in my heart but also rage over the poor actions of the government," he says.

While the people of Namie and the Japanese public as a whole weren't getting any clear idea from their government about the possible spread of radiation, the Americans were.

Just three days after the tsunami crushed the Fukushima nuclear plant Japan's science ministry handed over computer predictions about the radiation dispersal to the US military.

Itaru Watanabe from the science ministry says the government did this to secure US support in dealing with the nuclear crisis. But he admits that maybe that same data should have been shared with the public too.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive
reply to post by Aircooled

AC - Any idea what the rad readings were? What's all the floaty stuff? And dudes walking around...

- Purple Chive

That has got to be the weirdest neck twister in a long time. I swear I got a stiff neck moving my head around trying to figure out WTF we were looking at. I really really hope that that isnt the insides of the RPV. Cause theres little green men in white suits with probes in their hands as running around down there. Just kidding of course.

But really what is going on. those must be reflections of people in the water, or we are looking inside a fish tank with people working outside it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
People who took the blue pill should ignore this post.

Chapter Three
March 11th and Beyond

The world changed shape on March 11th. Some countries came closer together, others moved further apart in a massive reshuffling of tectonic borders. And it took only a couple of minutes. An hour later the waters of the western Pacific would do even worse damage, and it would again take only minutes.

When the shaking and flooding finally stopped Japan was left in a state of shock. Thousands had died, and thousands more had disappeared. Whole cities were destroyed. Much of the northeastern coastline of Japan, that which floats and wasn't tied down, was on it's way across the Pacific to North America.

That should by all rights have been the end of the bludgeoning, and the beginning of restoration. But as people huddled in make shift shelters along the Fukushima and Miyagi coasts, no heat and no food, loved ones missing, no home to return to, a whole new disaster was beginning to take shape. A disaster many times worse than anything they could have imagined. By 10:00 PM that night a reactor core meltdown was already under way, with others not far behind.

And their whole world was about to get nuked.

After a long hard night, Japan awoke on the morning of the 12th, and began it's first serious assessment of the damage that had occurred the day before. Along the Fukushima coast stunned survivors were already hard at work looking for other survivors trapped in the rubble, searching for food and shelter or looking for loved ones. Their efforts would be for naught. Within 3 days much of the Fukushima coastline would be deserted, paper blowing down streets, debris left for the rats to build housing in.

The original inhabitants were forced to say good bye to an area that had been their families home for numerous generations, land that had been worked for hundreds of years by their ancestors. Forced to say good bye and never return, while Fukushima bled it's insides out into the environment and contaminated the groundwater and soil for thousands of years to come. The fish and rice no longer safe to eat. The air no longer safe to breath. The water no longer safe to drink. This is the legacy that Tepco and the nuclear industry have left behind, even while smiling and saying with a straight face that everything is fine.

Soon there will be no Tepco, no oversight, no cleaning up and restoring the earth. The amount of money that it would take to de-contaminate northeastern Japan does not exist, not in Tepco's coffers, not in Japan's coffers, not anywhere. The disasters of recent years and the recession/depression have depleted the world's monies needed for relief of this kind.

Though Japan will nationalize Tepco and then force the citizenry to cover clean up costs, this is still only a drop in the bucket for the amounts that will be needed, and eventually the demand will bankrupt Japan.

All of the above is mind numbing in and of itself, yet it may still be only the tip of the iceberg. As the following data will show, all indications suggest that there is something else going on at Dai-ichi, possibly below ground. And if the hawks had there way, which is usually the case, it may very well be a nuclear weapons final stage plutonium processing and warhead assembly plant. Every other aspect of a nuclear arsenal program is already being done above ground, (ie plutonium reprocessing, the H2 missile delivery system, computer applications, etc). And this is the only stage that is not allowed and must be kept out of sight.

When Fukushima was being proposed and designed, it's promoters in government were deeply involved. And they were powerful men, Prime Ministers and agency heads, pillars of society, outspoken in their desire to re-arm Japan with modern weapons in a second Meiji restoration. They had the power, the desire and the means to make this happen. And the location they were most interested in was Fukushima Dai-ichi.

The evidence suggesting that this has taken place is strong, certainly strong enough to at least include this scenario in the discussion. However, because of the seriousness of these charges, violations of the Japanese Constitution and international law, this scenario will probably never make mainstream media. Or be known by more than a handful of conspiracy theorists.

Unless the unthinkable happens. Then the whole world will know, which is why this story needs to be told. The potential danger behind a melt down or explosion in a nuclear weapons factory should outweigh all other considerations, especially when that weapons factory is underneath over 10,000 spent fuel rods, thousands of active fuel rods and who knows what else. When combined with plutonium and tritium warheads that may exist in an underground complex (UC) this becomes enough potential radiation to pretty much kill off life as we know it.

If an underground complex does exist, and it contains plutonium and/or tritium warheads in various stages of production, it has transformed Fukushima Dai-ichi into the world's largest nuclear weapon many times over. On the verge of going critical. And that's not something you hide.

Either way, many of the mysteries from the early days of Fukushima may never be answered, as Tepco, in conjunction with the Japanese and US governments, have successfully suppressed information that should be in the public domain, hacked into computers and altered documents and files, created a 50km no fly zone around Dai-ichi and rewrote status reports and press releases to effectively alter the past.

Tepco, and the whole nuclear industry are only tentacles of a much bigger beast. That beast is found in the hearts of the selfish and greedy, who only need a path to that which they desire and they will take it. By letting unregulated capitalism take control of the world, we have opened Pandora's Box, and horror after horror are now unfolding. We have allowed these selfish and greedy people to turn Mother Earth into a commodity deemed worthless unless she creates capital for them. The intrinsic value of just being alive, and functioning as Great Spirit intended, has no value whatsoever in their eyes.

But nothing, and I repeat nothing in the industrialized world is as insane as using the most toxic substance on earth to boil water. This is capitalism in its most vile form. Just because it can be done doesn't make it right, which is why from day one we have never had any say over the workings of the nuclear power industry. They are an entity unto themselves, policing themselves.

Fukushima is an international problem. It always has been, but adding the UC to the equation makes it a serious problem for every human alive, one that cannot be left to government agencies and corporate lackeys for guidance and oversight. We have reached a point of no return. The best that we can hope for from Dai-ichi is high levels of radioactive contamination in the western Pacific region, and reduced levels in the eastern Pacific and western North America. The worst, if the UC does exist, is a nuclear explosion that is repeated numerous times in nano seconds lofting everything at the Dai-ichi NPP into the upper atmosphere where it becomes the fulfillment of the final Hopi Prophecy, 'invisible fire raining from the skies around the world'.

On March 11th the world changed shape, and it will never revert back to it's previous form. Nor will the human race. We now know too much, and we will never let them sweep Fukushinma Dai-ichi under the rug and return to business as usual. And the best way to do this is by seeking the truth.

edit on 18-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

I liked it

PS: I do not go 100% conform with your Story
but i admire your Search for the Truth,
Kudos for that!

Please let me know when you are in need of "special Documents, Reports"
from here, maybe i can locate them in one of our big Library's!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I wont hold my breath for the results or images of this endoscopy.

========================================
40 workers begin endoscopy preparations at Fukushima Reactor 2

The utility says the workers were exposed to up to 3 millisieverts of radiation. The company says the workers had rehearsed the job at the No. 5 reactor, the same type as the No.2, in order to minimize their exposure.

TEPCO says Tuesday’s operation went smoothly and it will insert the endoscope on Thursday as scheduled. It hopes to gain the first internal view of one of the damaged reactors since the accident.

========================================
TEPCO uses endoscope to look inside crippled Fukushima reactor

Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Thursday that it has passed an industrial endoscope into one of the reactors that suffered meltdown at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in the first attempt by the plant operator to directly check the interiors of the crippled reactors.

The outcome of the 70-minute survey into the No. 2 reactor is expected to be announced later in the day. Confirming the state of the melted fuel is likely to be difficult through the investigation, but the utility may be able to gather more information on the reactor's conditions.

According to officials of the utility, known as TEPCO, the industrial endoscope, 8.5 millimeters in diameter, was to have been inserted into the reactor's primary container through a hole located about 2.5 meters from the floor of the building housing the reactor.

===========================================
Reactor 4 SFP dry, fuel uncovered, Radiation levels outside unit 30R/hour after fire 18Jan12

released through the FOIA - reported by enformable 18 Jan 2012

Unit 4
* 6 Unit was in a refueling outage at the time of the event and core was off loaded to the SFP
* First fire in the reactor building was a small generator lube oil fire. IAEA reports that fire was put out at 2200 EDT, March 14.
* Radiation levels 150-1000 mrem/hour at 1000 EDT on March 16. 2011. at site -gate. (Site gate is same for each unit.)
* Second fire began at 1645 EDT, March 15, 2011 in reactor building. Fuel reported to be uncovered.
* Radiation level outside Unit 4 reported to be 30R/hour following second fire.
* High radiation dose rates measured between Units 3 and 4, source is suspected to be the Unit 4 spent fuel pool.
* The spent fuel pool’s ability to retain water is in doubt, no steam – likely dry.

==============================================

edit on 19 Jan 2012 by qmantoo because: added last piece

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
guys, please welcome me to this thread, I have posted only 2 comments so far, but I have reached my boiling point. I have read EVERY SINGLE PAGE FROM DAY ONE.

I want to provide radiation reading from the East Coast USA (NJ) after rainfalls with my Soeks Geiger Counter on a regular basis. Maybe we can find a trend or at least a heads up on possible higher than normal radiation releases.

I am motivated after taking a quick swipe off my car windshield with a paper towel and observing the highest reading since I bought the $300 dollar unit a few months ago. the Counter broke the 1.0 mark for the first time.

any advice or requests are welcome on how I may be able to help. I can provide videos, data, pictures, whatever.

Up until know I have been satisfied by informing my friends/coworkers and family about Fukushima, with information acquired by this forum. I now want to move to the next level.

Good morning, and please let me know if I can help in any way, or tweak my methods which will help all of us here.

Thanks to purple, zworld, fourwinds, and others. please acknowledge my requests to help in a way that I feel that I can.

I found a nice thread that I want to share, check this out guys

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I share your Interest for the Pictures,
i hope so much that we can see something in a good and "safe" Place

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

TEPCO fails to clearly see inside damaged reactor

The operator of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant has failed in an attempt to get clear images from inside damaged reactors using fiber-optic lines.

What a Shame for Tepco

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
reply to post by zworld

I liked it

PS: I do not go 100% conform with your Story
but i admire your Search for the Truth,
Kudos for that!

Please let me know when you are in need of "special Documents, Reports"
from here, maybe i can locate them in one of our big Library's!

Thanks Human-San.Will do

ON EDIT: In fact there is something I desperately need. SPEEDI data from Fukushima and Miyagi prefectures. Youll have to break through METIs fort knox style firewall to get the information though. Public domain stuff is locked up and hidden away.
edit on 19-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedUScitizen

Welcome aboard CC (can i call you CC
) Just kowing youre there willing to help is great. And Im sure there will be plenty to do.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

TEPCO fails to clearly see inside damaged reactor

The operator of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant has failed in an attempt to get clear images from inside damaged reactors using fiber-optic lines.

What a Shame for Tepco

I am amazed they convinced a bunch of workers to drill a hole in the reactor. I can see the reaction on their faces when theyre given the assignment. "He said we gots to do what??".

TEPCO says that the photos showed no serious damage or deformation to walls and pipes.

You cant make anything out past 12 inches, but in those 12 inches everything is fine. Is that reassuring to anyone. And then the real clincher;

It's the first time that TEPCO has examined the inside of the damaged reactors since the disaster. The company says it must understand the state of the reactors before it can complete its shutdown of the plant.

I thought they had achieved shutdown. Oh wait a minute, there must be stages to it. You know, like coldish shutdown, cold shutdown, really cold shutdown, even colder shutdown and coldest shutdown. Kinda like how the eskimos have a bunch of different words for snow.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Another magnificent example of how well these nuclear power plants are run. At this point nothing should surprise us, but I still shake my head each time I read something like this. www3.nhk.or.jp...

TEPCO failed to link data device to backup power
The operator of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant says it failed to supply emergency electricity to a devise that sends information on the reactors to a government nuclear safety agency............

TEPCO says it had planned to connect the device to an emergency power source in November 2010 -- 4 months before the March 11th disaster. The utility says it did not complete the procedure as an available cable was too short to connect the device.

TEPCO adds that it discussed a date for connecting the device with the government's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency. But TEPCO says it did not see connecting the device to emergency power as an urgent task.

Emergency data is unimportant and besides the cable's too short. But at least they talked this lengthy problem (no pun intended) over with NISA. I sure hope they didn't have to call a conference with the engineers.

HOW FUGGIN HARD IS IT TO GET A LONGER CABLE!!!

Would someone please wake me up. I cant take anymore of this nightmare.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

HOW FUGGIN HARD IS IT TO GET A LONGER CABLE!!!

I could be a rich man if i just moved to japan and sold plugs and cables to Tepco. seems there is always a shortage of such things

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
ON EDIT: i got the following wrong. The limit of 40 becquerels per kilogram is for firewood itself. For ash its 8,000. Still troubling but not like it originally appeared.

---------------------------------------------------

If this doesn't convince people that the levels of nuclide release were way more than Tepco claims, nothing will. This is ash from firewood that was sitting in someones backyard in Nihonmatsu City. It exceeds the limit by more than a thousand times.

The ministry found that the maximum radioactive cesium level of the ash exceeded 40,000 becquerels per kilogram.

Its time for the Japanese government to stop playing games with peoples lives and admit that the situation is beyond their ability to deal with and start a wider evac.

www3.nhk.or.jp...
edit on 19-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
As a follow up to Tepco not being willing to buy a longer cable and get the emergency data system up and running, this is how serious a move that was.

The SPEEDI systems key failures were that it was unable to get information related to reactor cores at the site of the accident and made calculations based on the input of provisional data. This allowed for even less reliability in the accuracy of the information produced.

Also of note from this article is their explanation of why SPEEDI shouldn't be used to predict evacuation zones. According to the Prime Minister's Nuclear Safety Commission;

It was also shown that the SPEEDI system was unable to make any accurate predictions regarding the area of radioactive contamination as the materials dispersed during the accident changed frequently due to changes in wind direction.

Toshimitsu Honma, chief of the group and director of the Nuclear Safety Research Center, said....SPEEDI “can predict nothing more than wind direction.”

enformable.com...

Can this whole thing get any stranger. By now Alice would have had herself committed to the local funny farm. How do we keep a sane posture reading this kind of sh!t. Of course the radiation is wind driven, WTF did they expect. Thats why you have a SPEEDI system, to show where the plume has been, not where its going. For them to say that they cant say if an area is safe or not because the wind has changed IS FUGGIN LUDICROUS.

I feel so sorry for the people of Japan. The whole world really cause this type of callous behavior on the part of governments is common place, but especially Japan right now.

OK, that does it for me. Im am feeling really Tepcoed up right now and need a break.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So the cam is good for 1000 sieverts and it blew out?
enenews.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Z, from that other film showing an explosion on March 16th. I tweeked a screen cap from the 49 second mark.

Welcome CC. My advice would be to throw up a u-tube channel, get a flip cam, and start posting readings. This web of civilian rad checkers will soon strangle all those who have kept the lid on.

top topics

<< 1183  1184  1185    1187  1188  1189 >>

join