Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1181
<< 1178  1179  1180    1182  1183  1184 >>

join

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by matadoor

I have not noticed, but is fog coming in at night?

M, this is pretty much independent of everything, fog, wind etc. It happens all the time. Initially I though it was wind making a wobbly high intensity light move around, but then it was happening with no wind.

No idea here. For such a bright light to react like that is strange. It reminds me of a gas light running out of gas, then getting another boost, then running low again.

I think this light may be a huge Gas Ball Light,
they use them a lot here!

And do you read the new Translations of the Road-Map
in the 4th of January Version?

www.tepco.co.jp...
edit on 14-1-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

"Radioactive Material Removal Instrument"

WTF? Anyone seen, know anymore about this "instrument"?

At 3:18 pm on January 14, we started operation of the radioactive material removal instrument for the spent fuel pool in Unit 3

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

I have not a real and kosher thoughts of what this "Instrument" can be
How do they reach the SFP Nr. 3?

Maybe they just started to play kind of a "Nuclear Mikado"
edit on 14-1-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-1-2012 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

"Radioactive Material Removal Instrument"

WTF? Anyone seen, know anymore about this "instrument"?

At 3:18 pm on January 14, we started operation of the radioactive material removal instrument for the spent fuel pool in Unit 3

Im assuming its the same thing as they used on R2 for the spent fuel pool before desalting. The water in the SFPs of R2 and R3 was way too radioactive to get rid of the salt content in the pool and they first had to use that instrument, no idea what it is, to lower rads before desalting.

ON EDIT: holy sh!tsky batman. I went over the rad readings in the SFPs and I forgot how radioactive they were. And it was even worse contamination when it was kicking out all that radioactive steam that Tepco has never said one word about. And why is R2 running a magnitude of order more radioactive. Wow. Glad I went back into that stuff.

edit on 14-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

I think this light may be a huge Gas Ball Light,
they use them a lot here!

And do you read the new Translations of the Road-Map
in the 4th of January Version?

Thanks Human, That makes sense though there is serious oscillation going on. Bad gas flow.

Ive given up on roadmaps. Until they show one with Tepco taking a long drive off a short pier, or the plant buried under 50 feet of concrete, its all the same bs. 'Same as it ever was', as the Talking Heads say.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

"Pinhole" "Leaks" Plugged with Plastic....

Gotta love their creativity!! Wonder if it was Silly Puddy?

Around 1:40 pm on January 14, extremely small amount of water leakage was found from 2 pinholes of the hose in water transfer line between the vertical shaft in Unit 1 to the centralized radiation waste treatment facility while water passing test was being conducted. The leakage stopped after suspending the pump. The result of sampling indicated Iodine 131 was below measurable limit, Cesium 134 was 1.8x101Bq/cm3 and Cesium 137 was 2.0x101Bq/cm3, We estimate that it is mixture of sea water and rain water. The pinholes were closed by plastic.

www.tepco.co.jp...

'Night ya'll!!

- Purple Chive
edit on 14-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Has anyone ever come up with an explanation for why the bright light from the southend complex jumps from less light to very bright.

I kind of just assumed that it was because the grasses were blowing in front of the light, between it and the webcam but I am not sure that this explains all the different light intensities and is probably a very naieve simplistic explanation too. There are many areas of the image where I think "oh, that's smoke" but it is the grass-heads waving in the wind and the camera does not pick them up properly due to the webcam resolution.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Guys, Ive just had a brainstorm. Well, actually, just a couple of thoughts. But thats getting close yeah. Definite cloud formation for sure.

I think we should do what thorfourwinds and Q suggested sometime ago. A dedicated thread to reports, my book, Qs data bank, other scenarios that dont include the UC, other data that isn't represented well here, etc. Kinda like the ATS version of all things Fukushima, a resource center for anyone who wants the whole picture and all its variations. Not a thread for discussing things, thats done here, but a thread with the finished products of our labor.

Combine efforts. Im focusing on the UC and how things pertain to it, ie the blasts of 2 thru 4, R5/R6 discharge and hiding rads, the CSFP etc etc. But its just one scenario. Or one issue really. Id love to see a detailed photo tour of the insides of reactors explained like AC is so good at (hint hint), or someone defining the hydrogen / prompt critical blast scenario for R3 and how this blew out the GTB (good luck on that one
), or an in depth analysis of world rad readings before and after Fukushima.

Or an indepth analysis of US plants and their current staus like thorfourwinds does (hint hint hint).

Or even just a critique of a report that can be appendixed at the end of the report.

In other words, someplace where all the data is well represented and as easy to understand as is possible.

Any takers?

Greetings:

Or an in-depth analysis of US plants and their current staus like thorfourwinds does ...

Assignment accepted, Captain zworld.

We are more than happy to do a hatchet job - strike that - responsible, fact-finding, deep-cover investigative photo-editorial on the status of all U.S. nuclear facilities, including university, research and military and "temporary" waste storage facilities, not just the 104 commercial reactors bandied about in the MSM.

You already know how we feel about the nuclear waste musical chairs game and the fact that
the music has stopped and surprise! The 70,000-ton nuke hot-potato joke's on the utilities
and unfortunately for the citizens who live nearby, there's no 'Yuc(ca)ing this one off.

Aside from the rape/cleansing of the Internet of various types of information in any way derogatory of TEPCO, the complicit JAPGOV, and in general, critical (pun) information relative to the Nukushima disaster/fiasco multiple melt-throughs ongoing nuclear nightmare, info varies.

We will share various "official" stories on Fukushima Daiichi Reactor #4 and SPF and let you, dear reader, make up your own mind as to which one (if any) might be the truth.

Why Fukushima’s “spent” fuel rods will continue to catch fire

Yesterday, the spent fuel rod pool at Fukushima Daiichi reactor 4 caught fire.  About that time instruments at the plant showed an exponential increase in radiation levels.  After the fire was quenched, radiation levels fell... there was an explosion at the same spent fuel rod pool.  As I write, another fire is burning there.  NHK reports the radiation level – 300 to 400 milliSieverts – is so high that firefighters cannot approach the area.

And this rather good report from CNN that is actually spot on, considering it's CNN.

And this from TEPCO, a rather bland , silent video tour of #4 SPF.

It seems all is not well in NukushimaLand. The above video of #4 SFP seems eerily reminiscent of the faked BP "live" video of the Macondo blowout. But wait, TEPCO has released a report that will clarify everything.

Read on:

After the explosion, however, some people suspected that the spent fuel was overheating, and they became concerned about subsequent hydrogen explosions caused by the fuel in the spent fuel pools on other units. Some resources may have been diverted from attempts to stabilize the reactors...such as helicopter water drops and the use of water cannons - were taken in an attempt to refill the pools.

[color=Cyan]Subsequent analysis and inspections determined that the water level in the Unit 4 spent fuel pool never dropped below the top of fuel and that no significant fuel damage had occurred.

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

I think we should do what thorfourwinds and Q suggested sometime ago. A dedicated thread to reports, my book, Qs data bank, other scenarios that dont include the UC, other data that isn't represented well here, etc. Kinda like the ATS version of all things Fukushima, a resource center for anyone who wants the whole picture and all its variations. Not a thread for discussing things, thats done here, but a thread with the finished products of our labor.

Greetings:

There might even be a team dedicated to just TEPCO investigation, and PurpleChive prolly has all that info tucked away thrice and thusly covered.

Good job!

Here’s the report cover.

Following up on our Reactor #4 discussion, here are some photos to share.

And now for something completely different, and so sad to put a human face on Nukushima in this way: the truth, indeed, hurts.

These are Japan’s Radiation Refuges, thousands of evacuees who are now forced by a corrupt, uncaring government who has abandoned her populace in their greatest time of need to "live" in cardboard shelters, sleeping on floors of public buildings, with few possessions and little privacy and facing a future that doesn’t seem to offer much.

Going "home" is never going to be an option for these unfortunate pawns in this ugly game of nuclear one-upmanship.

Exposing the "unspeakable" realities of the Japanese catastrophe in this 60 Minutes program Sunday night during which leading nuclear scientist Dr. Michio Kaku said radiation from Fukushima will impact of all of humanity.

The nuclear energy power industry's violation of the right to health is apparent throughout the new Australian report.

'[color=Cyan]In fact the whole world will be exposed from the radiation from Fukushima,' Dr. Kaku told reporter Liz Hayes.

Fukushima Now Radiating Everyone: 'Unspeakable' Reality 'Will Impact All Of Humanity'

To add insult to injury:

Can we say, “Let’s get out of Dodge?”

Japanese government is going to build a remote Japan in India

The Japanese government is going to build a remote Japanese city in Chennai of India by cooperating with private sector.
It can accommodate 50,000 people with factory complex, shopping mall, and hospital etc...

Mizuho corporate bank and JGC corporation are going to invest 4 billion JPY on the local development company.
Factory complex (2.3 km2) will start being sold from this summer, they will already start operating the factories in 2013.
Residential area will have 2 km2 area, consist of resort city beside Indian ocean, which will be developed from 2013. A Japanese shopping mall, golf course and hospitals with Japanese doctors will be included too.

This plan was announced without any advance notice, and starting the factories in 2013 is really soon.
It’s giving some Japanese people the impression that Japanese government is building the ark only for rich people.

And now for something completely different. This is so devastating, that we, tough, old, grizzled first responders as we are, almost had a heart attack. You see for yourself.

Help! We can’t get up off the floor! Medic!

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

edit on 14/1/2012 by thorfourwinds because: color

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Q, I started to entertain the thought of someone purposefully causing the EQ and/or tsunami and I could only get there if someone was attacking the plant knowing that a bomb factory was below. But even then Im having trouble envisioning who and how it was done. Are there scenarios that explain this. Or is this even what you meant.

One thing did occur to me though and if true it would be the last piece to the puzzle. Sato stated when prime minister in 1964 that Japan had the technology, resources and know how to build a bomb. By now that would be many times advanced. But there's still one thing that they don't have, as far as I can tell, and that's a place to do testing that wouldn't be noticed.

Or do they. The ocean floor off northern Japan has had more M6+ EQs than probably anywhere else on earth. What a better place to set off an occasional bomb disguised as an EQ. Only this time they also let loose a methane hydrate avalanche, known as a shallow water flow in the oil biz, so massive that it caused the tsunami when it hit the bottom of the trench.

Believe it or not, I could put together a whole scenario with data to back it up, because thats how intense the potential is from the hydrate beds that exist off the Japanese coast. They are massive and they are on a huge canyon wall, perched over a deep drop.

I know thats probably not what you had in mind, but I do find it interesting. I might explore that one further.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I considered that when I thought wind was involved, but the times with no wind wasn't covered and it happened all the time. I think Humans right that its a huge gas lamp. Probably for whatever the reason has a bad flow of fuel. And thats probably being done on purpose same reason its pointed at the cam. Knowing Tepco

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Regarding "Censorship"

A few Month ago i mentioned this already,
many of the big News Channels like CNN, BBC or Reuters
keep their Reports and Messages only for max. 6 or 9 Month in their Data-Base.

This happen maybe because of the "Data Preservation Law"/ "Data Retention Law"
(Vorratsdatenspeicherung in German
)

This means that we are losing a lot of Data and we need to archive them!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Anti-nuclear meeting on energy, radiation after Fukushima

Tokyo - More than 10,000 people
gathered at an anti-nuclear conference in Japan Saturday to discuss future energy, radioactive contamination and anti-nuclear movements in Asia in the wake of the world's worst atomic accident in 25 years.

The two-day meeting in Yokohama included experts, activists and lawmakers from 30 countries and 200 civic groups from across Japan.
---------------------------------------
Japan's central and local governments 'must learn the right consequences and the right lessons from Fukushima,' Harms said.

www.monstersandcritics.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Good evening gang. On the bright light changing intensity. I thought they were turning/rotating it....maybe to hide steam rising from different locations.
Before I forget, Z on that CNN news clip that four winds just posted, he mentions an explosion in the north east corner of #4.
On the 1500 pics sitting on my desk top: I tried posting them on an FB group. 10 at a time max and the dates and short discriptions didn't travel with the pics so I spent hours going back to the files to get the correct info. 8 hours later...100 pics. That's the end of that way. If anyone knows a better way to distribute them quicker, I'm all ears. You can u2u me.Just make sure the instructions are clear, simple and step by step [idiot proof]. Tomorrow My wife and I will try burning them onto dvd. I really don't know what to do? I wish I could post a link here to the files on my desk top and have them fly into some huge ATS picture bank with my discriptions, which could be corrected by you guys when you find something mis-labelled.

St Louis Rad reading

And I found this interesting video on our north.

I keep hearing the word risk and I find this very misleading. Why would anyone believe these underground dumps wouldn't leak? Fifty or 70 years and you know this crap would be leeching. Risk implies there is some chance it won't leak. Show one nuke plant on earth that hasn't leaked. There isn't ONE. Then only question is when?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

What is happening when you reduce the Size of the Pics,
because many of them you posted here are very big in the original form!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Plutonium, Cesium and Strontium Levels in Daiichi Harbor Soil

Lovely...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Arnie...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

reply to post by qmantoo

Q, I started to entertain the thought of someone purposefully causing the EQ and/or tsunami and I could only get there if someone was attacking the plant knowing that a bomb factory was below. But even then Im having trouble envisioning who and how it was done. Are there scenarios that explain this. Or is this even what you meant.

One thing did occur to me though and if true it would be the last piece to the puzzle. Sato stated when prime minister in 1964 that Japan had the technology, resources and know how to build a bomb. By now that would be many times advanced. But there's still one thing that they don't have, as far as I can tell, and that's a place to do testing that wouldn't be noticed.

Or do they. The ocean floor off northern Japan has had more M6+ EQs than probably anywhere else on earth. What a better place to set off an occasional bomb disguised as an EQ. Only this time they also let loose a methane hydrate avalanche, known as a shallow water flow in the oil biz, so massive that it caused the tsunami when it hit the bottom of the trench.

Believe it or not, I could put together a whole scenario with data to back it up, because thats how intense the potential is from the hydrate beds that exist off the Japanese coast. They are massive and they are on a huge canyon wall, perched over a deep drop.

I know thats probably not what you had in mind, but I do find it interesting. I might explore that one further.

Z, remember that the US and others now exclusively use computer modeling for nuke testing. No need to have a place to test one.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Plutonium, Cesium and Strontium Levels in Daiichi Harbor Soil

Lovely...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

NHK showed today evening in a way horrible Data from there
as well as all the other Rivers and Lakes!

The Sediment hold in average 800 Bq for the next 300 Years,
in front of Daiichi much more but the Airborne Radiation
get collected at the Mountains and than flow slowly
into Tokyo Bay

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Actually PC, I have a tube of this stuff right next to me. Works great! You just cut off the amount you want, roll it around to mix the ingredients, and then apply. Dries rock hard in minutes, and is a permanent repair!

top topics

<< 1178  1179  1180    1182  1183  1184 >>

join