learn more

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1179
<< 1176  1177  1178    1180  1181  1182 >>

join

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

ahhh, Purple Chive. So good to see the diggers work. Thankyou... a bit from that article:

At 10:10 am on January 11, due to the preparation of inspection of the
Primary Containment Vessel(PCV) of Unit 2, we adjusted the amount of
nitrogen injected to the PCV from 13m3/h to 10m3/h to reduce the
pressure of the inside.

Sounds like they are going to open 'er up. Prolly to put in an endoscope and meters and sampling tubes and such. How would you like that job? Ok, lift the cover or valve or drill or "cut". Then wooooossssshhhh! out comes some nasty and if there is a spark... wouldn't want that job.

...Turbine Building of
Unit 3, we have controlled the amount of injected water to the reactor
gradually. The amount of injected water to the reactor of Unit 3 from
the reactor feed water system was adjusted from approx. 1.9 m3/h to
approx. 1.0 m3/h, and the amount from the core spray system was
adjusted from approx. 7.0 m3/h to approx. 8.0 m3/h.

And just where do you continue to put all that sea water that flowsdown thru "the core" and out the bottom and sides of that open air reactor, huh? The ocean obviously. Any ongoing water "cooling" project (for 9 unabated months at that rate) has got to be going into the sea, right? There is no storage facility to hold half an ocean there and recirculate it from where, exactly? The reactor pressure levels were sea level after the explosion. Especially #3. If anything the water sprayer nozzles in the top of the reactor vessel are just letting water run down into and out the bottom of the vessel, hopefully reaching the "melt" and "cooling" it by the "trickle down effect". I could be wrong, but can't imagine any other scenario guys. Help me out here.

Tell me how they have "re-pressurized" the blown out pressure vessel and after sealing that, recirculating a water supply that is captured after a run thru the core which has melted down thru the bottom of containment?

That water is going wherever, including drains to the sea and ground tables. This is the worst of all possible scenarios for the rest of the world. Ongoing washing of corium and constiuents to sea with seawater. Pffft. Someone relieve my fears here and tell me it ain't so. Never mind the others, just tell me it ain't so with #3.

www.tepco.co.jp...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
A friend on FB recently flew home from Seattle to Billings for Christmas. About halfway through the flight she flipped on her Soeks geiger. It registered 1.27 micro-sieverts per hour {Red zone} steady until the plane decended, and it dropped to 0.15. We don't know how much of this would be a normal bump from being at 20,000 ft, and how much would be elevated levels from fuk? Then I found this. If he's correct about the old standards we have had quite a bump.
And it lines up with what my friend saw.

www.enviroreporter.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I figured you guys might want to hear about this. We should all get used to this because this radiation is making it's way around the world.

Radiation-Tainted Japanese Car Parts Confiscated At Russia's Far Eastern Border

Russian police have confiscated dozens of car parts imported from Japan after they were found to be radiation-tainted.

The Far Eastern customs service in Vladivostok said in a press release on Wednesday that customs officers detected 34 'hot' automotive parts including chassis and engines in the first ten days of January alone.

Russia has been maintaining strict vigil at its borders against import of automobiles from Japan since its Fukushima nuclear power station suffered a series of nuclear meltdowns as a result of an earthquake in March last.

Several cars with radionuclide contamination traces were spotted at the border checkpoints since then, and those with excess radiation were not allowed to cross the border.

All the more reason to buy American next time you buy a brand new car.

Thank you for that! I'm planning on releasing an article or news piece about this for my country and approaching the correct resources, we use predominantly Japanese vehicles, tests were performed in the earlier days of the accident and no radioactive cars were found. I'd say a few have come through by now.

Only problem is the yanks don't really make good crotch rockets anymore.. I can't afford the Y2k jet turbine bike!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
[
That water is going wherever, including drains to the sea and ground tables. This is the worst of all possible scenarios for the rest of the world. Ongoing washing of corium and constiuents to sea with seawater. Pffft. Someone relieve my fears here and tell me it ain't so. Never mind the others, just tell me it ain't so with #3.

Ain't so unless you live off fish. Problem is a lot of other things do.
Worst immediately is the fuel pool fires and #3 explosions, #1, in that order. #2, 5, 6, dunno about. Daini possibly too...?

Reason I say this, is the aerosolised fuel components are much more immediately transportable and lethal for us.
Seaborne may settle or slowly accumulate, it is a larger contamination source over time, it may evaporate and rain out too in some cases. This will get us too, concentration wise the airborne stuff is still worse. The rain out can also dry up and add to airborne count also. #3 was probably most toxic, although I have a hunch they were using MOX in more than just #3, just that it had the highest concentration.

Either way it's bad but the airborne gets us worst. Most graphic demonstration of this is simply Chernobyl particles being detected in Antarctica.
edit on 11/1/12 by GhostR1der because: typoo

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Thanks for that reply GhostR1der.

Seaborne may settle or slowly accumulate, it is probably a large contamination source over time, it may evaporate and rain out too in some cases.

Thats what concerns me most. The planets natural dispersion systems "kick up sediments" all the time to replenish nutrients in the sea. By storm or earthquake, under sea volcano, trawling fishing nets, dredging, etc.. Even sea life pass it up the chain of life. That chain begins on the ocean floor and works its way to the top---us! And evaporate and rain out like you said (in some cases). For a long time to come. In my mind the future is like being presented with 10 identical food items or glasses of drink. Of those ten, seven are benign and two or three will give you cancer. Now pick one from each group and enjoy. Repeat three times daily. I have no real basis for the odds, just a sense of how the future of our planet will become more and more radioactive over time, not less.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
A friend on FB recently flew home from Seattle to Billings for Christmas. About halfway through the flight she flipped on her Soeks geiger. It registered 1.27 micro-sieverts per hour {Red zone} steady until the plane decended, and it dropped to 0.15. We don't know how much of this would be a normal bump from being at 20,000 ft, and how much would be elevated levels from fuk? Then I found this. If he's correct about the old standards we have had quite a bump.
And it lines up with what my friend saw.

www.enviroreporter.com...

In a high altitude commercial jet flight, you are subject to a much higher level of radiation exposure. Most of this is gamma radiation from space, especially the sun. She will be picking up on that. Commercial pilot course taught me it was approx an xray or so worth of external exposure, per standard international flight. Pilot sterility is much higher, funnily enough. Another reason why I didn't pursue much beyond commercial stages!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Shakalakadingdong;

Date-Time
Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 03:20:49 UTC
Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 12:20:49 PM at epicenter
Depth
9 km (5.6 miles)
Region
NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
Distances
22 km (14 miles) ESE (112°) from Iwaki, Honshu, Japan
90 km (56 miles) NE (39°) from Mito, Honshu, Japan
101 km (63 miles) SE (144°) from Fukushima, Honshu, Japan
192 km (120 miles) NE (40°) from TOKYO, Japan
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 12.7 km (7.9 miles); depth +/- 3.6 km (2.2 miles)
Parameters
NST=491, Nph=500, Dmin=266.1 km, Rmss=0.71 sec, Gp= 29°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=8
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usc0007jhz
Did you feel it? Report shaking and damage at your location. You can also view a map displaying accumulated data from your report and others.

Magnitude 5.7 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

Great job everyone, I'm still reading along, I just hav a lot going on in real life right now that would make a great thread on ATS. I'm just a little too closely involved to post A thread on the topic, but suffice to say the Fragile Earth forum members would be proud...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Corruption Exposed

All the more reason to buy American next time you buy a brand new car

No, actually it isnt. Most new cars are kept out in the open after manafacture and until they get shipped out to dealers showrooms. I cannot imagine that they would all escape the radiation falling out of the air and with the rain, can you?

USGS does not report earthquakes from non-domestic sources which are below M4.5 This would account for any earthquakes which are less than this figure. The countries themselves often have their own department which monitors such things, but in the case of Japan, the scale is different so that kind of rules out any comparisons.

I wish USGS did report earthquakes less then M4.5, but they dont (although I am sure they monitor the whole world for nuke testing and so CAN report these kind of sized shakes). I can provide references if anyone needs them ( earthquake.usgs.gov...) .

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I always check the most recent page of QuakeWatch 2012 for any information about seismic activity. If a nuke were to set off, seismographs would pick it up, and the technical expertise in that thread would ferret out any hinky listing of a detonation as a quake quick smart.

Any questions you've got about any topic even remotely touching seismic and you will get knowledgeable responses. Better than the "professional" I would say, much like the knowledge base built in this thread surrounding MK1 reactors and how they work and what could happen to them, QuakeWatch has some serious quaketards (as TA recently put is in An Amazing Excursion into the Failings of Seismology and Hazard Maps) from around the world, so there is solid coverage across the globe in that thread.

You won't find a better seismic resource on the web. Anywhere.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hey zworld,

I tried to PM you, but I suppose I am a bit of a n00b with ATS and it didn't allow me to send? Anyway, I just wanted to say, I have extreme gratitude for what you are writing! I'm worse with physics than with sending PMs on ATS, apparently, but I do have a knack for writing/editing/language/proofreading. If at any moment you feel you would like another pair of eyes to sweep through the syntax of your opus, I would be honored!

I feel like it is the only way I can make a solid contribution to anything happening here... and I'd love to help, since everything I've learned here has helped me so much.

Even if you don't prefer, I'll still be here radiating my (often silent) support.

To everyone.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
Shakalakadingdong;

Date-Time
Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 03:20:49 UTC
Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 12:20:49 PM at epicenter
Depth
9 km (5.6 miles)
Region
NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
Distances
22 km (14 miles) ESE (112°) from Iwaki, Honshu, Japan
90 km (56 miles) NE (39°) from Mito, Honshu, Japan
101 km (63 miles) SE (144°) from Fukushima, Honshu, Japan
192 km (120 miles) NE (40°) from TOKYO, Japan
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 12.7 km (7.9 miles); depth +/- 3.6 km (2.2 miles)
Parameters
NST=491, Nph=500, Dmin=266.1 km, Rmss=0.71 sec, Gp= 29°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=8
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID

Pretty good jolt...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Either way it's bad but the airborne gets us worst. Most graphic demonstration of this is simply Chernobyl particles being detected in Antarctica.

Hmmm... I think they still capture Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Pacific tests once in a while too. Every once in a while.
That would imply that atoms are light as a feather and the stuff is goin round anda round the planet until some storm or jet engine brings it back down, huh?

Every time one of these open air transport trucks hits a speed bump...
Just driving with the top open like that they are streaming a trail of dust behind them.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Diagram of Trenches with High-Level Radiation

Good diagram...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And dust sampling...Cesium suddenly being detected again...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

edit on 12-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

That would imply that atoms are light as a feather and the stuff is goin round anda round the planet until some storm or jet engine brings it back down, huh?

Funny you say that.

SPECIAL TOPIC: Beijing Smog cancels and delays flights

edit:WTF ats censored my original link because it was allegedly lies (sott.com) (see attached pic), this info from another sources corroborates the 'censored info' as well. I dunno what the hell is going on. Either way there have been multiple reports of this from many sources for the last few months at least!

@BeijingAir Chaoyang District, BEIJING MetOne BAM 1020 and Echotech EC9810 monitors, reporting PM2.5 and ozone readings. Format for each: pollutant type; concentration; AQI; definition. www.airnow.gov...

Pm2.5 = bad, very small, airborne pollutants. Like aerosolised nuclear fuel by coulomb explosion. Heavy metals from industry. Transport systems.

Link to twitter feed for US embassy measurements (currently 'Unhealthy', high 100-200+ppm readings.)

Air quality basics (USgov)

That sort of fog is extreme to knock ya average commercial plane out of the air. Smog will be exacerbated by trillions of tiny particles of vaporized fuel rods, especially if the rest of #4 has been going up. There have been some very heavy fogs around Fukushima this January too, some that appeared to concentrate around #4. Similar to what we saw in the early days. As mentioned many times in the thread, these plants can cause local snow under normal operating conditions, let alone a meltdown, pool fire or other criticality.
Not to mention if smog or fallout is too radioactive, it can pose issues with jet engines and ground crews. Stuff is going everywhere as you said. National radiation lab here said they measure background and nuke testing cesium/isotopes in most tests, especially milk. Fallout has been here to stay for a long time. Now Fukushima is added to it!
edit on 12/1/12 by GhostR1der because: ats censored me because of a site, not the information.. how is that any different to what 'the us' gov is trying to do?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Hey GhostR1der... Ty for that reply. Imagine censorship of lies for Pete's sake. My Gosh, what has the world come to?

This is a dated article. (Mar.13) Before anyone even considered the risks (except me, of course lol). Before everyone cries foul Alex Jones! Buried within is an observation from Berkeley about pollutants (lead even) routinely crossing the Pacific from Japan:

But while the great distances make the risk of radiation exposure to Californians and Washingtonians small, it is not zero.
For example, pollution from Chinese coal factories routinely hits California. For example, Mongabay noted in 2008:
Previous studies have documented that dust from Asia — especially from deserts and industrial regions of China — routinely crosses the Pacific Ocean on prevailing winds to sully the air over the western U.S.

"Sully the Air"? You mean visible smog banks from China type sully?

...as the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory wrote last December:
About a third of the airborne lead particles recently collected at two sites in the San Francisco Bay Area came from Asia, a finding that underscores the far-flung impacts of air pollution and heralds a new way to learn more about its journey across vast distances.
In a first-of-its-kind study, scientists from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and the California Air Resources Board tracked variations in the amount of lead transported across the Pacific over time.
It’s well known that particles and other aerosols cover long distances through the Earth’s atmosphere. But the details of this transport, such as that of the lead particles’ 7,000-mile journey from the smokestacks of China to the west coast of North America, are largely unknown.

Seems heavy metals are light as a feather when atom sized. Love to see the data charts from tracking lead particles overseas pre Fuku. Berkeley initially revealed Rad data about FUKU but since has dried up?
pollutants borne on the wind from asia

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
A very good read
ex-skf.blogspot.com...

And I tripped across this.

Greetings old friend:

Great job across all boards with the info!

Speaking of tripping, we need a seasoned eye to experience the following completely and let us know if the experiment in enlightenment works.

Dr. Helen Caldicott (After Fukushima: Enough Is Enough) tweeted us yesterday with this, another dire warning (we follow each other; what a world we live in!):

Doomsday clock warning of nuclear power danger closer to midnight

The time on the Doomsday clock has moved, and it's in the wrong direction.

... The board also found the disaster in Fukushima, Japan, particularly alarming. [color=Cyan]’Safer nuclear reactor designs need to be developed and built, and more stringent oversight, training, and attention are needed to prevent future disasters’, the members wrote...

And finally, the board expressed grave concern about climate change, writing, [color=Chartreuse]‘In fact, the global community may be near a point of no return in efforts to prevent catastrophe from changes in Earth's atmosphere.’

Not good.

The messages are coming from all directions.

Now what?

Our perception of significant real-world events are often times false flag operations carried out by small groups of people, by metaphorically projecting their image of the truth onto the movie screens of our minds in order to control and manipulate the population at large.

Well, two can play that game... music to awaken latent embeds... try this on for size:

It’s now time to get serious - lock and load!

Jim Morrison was right.

[color=FDD017]In a desperate land ...
all the children are insane ...
this is the end ...
the end of laughter and soft lies ...

We must awaken the masses.

[color=Cyan]We need to ignite a passion within each of us - a passion for a radiation-free life for ourselves, our children and future generations.

[color=Chartreuse]Environmental warfare is being waged upon we, the people, and all inhabitants of our
Fragile Planet Earth.

We’re at war here, mate, today.

[color=FDD017]‘Make no mistake, we are going to win. This is a struggle for freedom on every front of
human activity.’

We sincerely hope this sounds eerily familiar, people.

It is meant to make a point.

BTW, where are all our friends from past protests?

Where is the passion of the Vietnam era?

The gloves are now off. You want passion?

Let’s stir up some those embeds and get you feeling, thinking, acting...

Remember the passion of THAT moment?

Think about what was really important in life then and what is important now.

Fukushima has changed everything.

Fukushima has changed the world forever.

[color=FDD017]It’s all over ...
unborn living, living, dead ...

This video's opening remarks are so timely in light of today's headlines and continues the conditioning.

What will it take to get one to turn off Dancing With the Stars and take responsibility for
one’s own life, now?

Listen up, people!

The balloon has dropped and it’s called [color=Chartreuse]Nukushima!

Just take a look at this, please!

The choice is ours to make or the choice will be made for us.

And the true answer to all problems...

We couldn’t have said it better.

'That was a time when everybody’s soul was involved... everybody’s heart was involved and we felt that we had some input in the world and we could change the world... there was a revolution going on and we were all a part of it.'

Remember that feeling of empowerment?

Now is the time to reclaim the passion and spirit of our forefathers and take back the power of the people. Clearly, the choice is ours to make or the choice will be made for us.

We choose life and rock and roll for humanity!

EARTH AID

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]
edit on 12/1/2012 by thorfourwinds because: color
edit on 12/1/2012 by thorfourwinds because: more color
edit on 12/1/2012 by thorfourwinds because: color

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
A very nice video, someone put together.

My god the Washington Post thinks there might be be a problem at Daini, {Really Idiots?} but ole Woodward and Bernstein can't seem to get off the toilet long enough to ask WHICH REACTOR?...Moron meat puppets.
www.washingtonsblog.com...

And MsMilky's latest......Who is 10 times the journalist of any gutless hack the WP has.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Ive been curious as the affect of the quakes and (presumably radioactive) debris on the western us.. im not there but all my friends and relations are currently there.. .. btw love the sinature.. not many people accept that responsibility means accountability

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I have no idea which nuke plant in Japan this is? Yesterday during the 5.8 quake.15 second mark, right side of the tower, just above the reactor roof you'll see a flash.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Interesting. 2 possibilities I can initially think of. One is that the earthquake shook slightly offset and caused a flex to noticeably reflect light off the tower. Other structures are nearly reflecting the sun towards the camera (sun is to the right of camera).

Or they are nav lights. The one at the top is in the right place, bottom one is a little unusual (usually another between!). Another problem with them being nav lights is that they are supposed to be red, to distinguish from lighting class fixtures.

Or they are warning strobes for if a scram occurs perhaps? Little unusual though. Human may be able to provide further insight for us.

Intrprtr: I have wondered about spread of pollution for a while in this manner.. thanks for the info! Suprising and shocking. Explains why when the Indonesians went all 'deforestation' recently, we had such vibrant sunsets.
edit on 13/1/12 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1176  1177  1178    1180  1181  1182 >>

join