Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1178
<< 1175  1176  1177    1179  1180  1181 >>

join

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
reply to post by Human0815

Human. You're mad at Moch for leaving Japan. You imply he fakes his illness, and all his news is gossip. You're losing your objectivity my friend, when it comes to anything written in fukushima diary.

I wrote that a huge Part is "Gossip", this is my personal Opinion and is not valid for everyone,
i am a Blogger too, not so big as FD and a different Topic, but imo we have a responsibility
to stay as close to the truth as possible!

What do you would think about someone who write all the Time:
"Everything is fine" with Tepco Workers Quotes and Tepco CEO citations?

You would also say, hmmm maybe there is something wrong, for sure

My Objection is the overuse of unknown People from Twitter and Yahoo Blogs
as well as Iwakami Yasumi, do you know his Reputation here in Japan?

There is None, he is a total Outlaw in a negative Way!

To you know the Reputation of Caldicott and Busby?
There is none and i can't even ask People who know the Subject Matter very well
about Statements from them without getting a pitiful Laughter!
(i hope this is written in the right way!)

I even wrote to Mochizuki that i will provide financial support for his Exile in 100%
when he would show me who was/ is treating him,
i am not a No-One here and financial stable,
but he failed to do so!

OK, i can understand that he did not want to contact me
but maybe he just couldn't?

But, all this is my own opinion and why i should stop to express my considering of thoughts?
By far too many People on Forums give him to much credibility ,
for "me" he failed to make the Grade

Tomorrow i need to visit a Place very close to the Plant
but outside of the No-Go Zone!

I will report my Measurements here!
edit on 10-1-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-1-2012 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

I checked the Yahoo Blog with my Wife who is a Teacher too and born Japanese,
that Guy used a average Kanji, not very well educated, just normal,
he wrote like what we can read on Enenews!
edit on 10-1-2012 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is wild.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Tomorrow i need to visit a Place very close to the Plant
but outside of the No-Go Zone!

I will report my Measurements here!

Ahhh, a little truth heading our way? From deep in the zone? Cool...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Chapter One
In The Beginning

Part One / From Shogun to Hiroshima

Eastern Fukushima, beautiful beaches and coastal mountains, now gone forever, lost to the sands of time, never to be redeemed or replaced. A rich history dating back thousands of years has come to an abrupt end, and all it took was five winter days in March.

But the destruction of Fukushima, like Hiroshima, actually began hundreds of years ago, when the European and Oriental cultures first collided. Similar to the fate of Native Americans, it was a blending of oil and water, as one was an advanced and civilized culture with a clear understanding of moral values, and the other a warlike and barbaric culture hellbent on oppression.

The Japanese ethos consisted of two distinct mind sets, Samurai warriors and Buddhist monks. That is a broad sweep of the brush, but conveys the image needed. In the political world, the warriors often dominated. In the social world however, spiritual matters took a much higher ranking, with foundations based on enlightenment through prayer and introspection, non-violence and respect for all living things. This was a way of interrelating that had evolved over thousands and thousands of years through teachings that had endured the test of time.

In comparison, the European cultures consisted of one mind set that joined both war and religion into one force, forming an unholy alliance, and producing a manifest destiny type of arrogance towards all living things. The exact opposite of Oriental wisdom.

They also smelled like swine on a hot summer's day. Not exactly someone you would want to invite over for tea and meditation.

Maybe if better aspects of European society had been the earliest contacts, things would be much different today. But being capitalistic and self-serving in nature, resource acquisition is what originally brought the Europeans to the Orient. Spices to be exact. The demand for spices in Europe was overwhelming, and all nations capable of trading with the Orient did so. This brought about a power struggle to control the spice trade, and this in turn brought about bloodshed and wars between European nations. You know, business as usual.

It also brought Christianity to the Orient, creating a whole different power struggle, one that has plagued the world since Rome first took control of the teachings of Jesus and turned him into a god of war instead of a god of love.

At first, Oriental traders tolerated European trade for the riches it brought. But little by little the Europeans also began to undermine the social order by attempting to recreate it in their image, converting the heathen from their Buddhist idolatry. Manifest destiny, the European/Oriental model.

The Japanese quickly grew tired of the divisions Christianity created, demanding as it does, "my way or the highway", a concept alien to Oriental thought. In 1641 Japan closed the door to westerners completely, and to make sure we got the point, they had but one law concerning the alien invaders. If a European or American landed on Japanese soil they were killed instantly, no questions asked. It turned out to be a very effective policy. For over 200 years the land of the rising sun was free of western influence and experienced a period of unification and prosperity.

You know, like when we don't take control and fug everything up.

That all ended on July 8th, 1853. The population explosion on the west coast of the US due to the gold rush created the need for trade with the Orient. So the good ol US of A decided to play bully on the block, and sent Matt Perry and the boys over with enough firepower to show the Shogun and Japan that they would be blown to hell if they didn't let us come in anytime we wanted and do business. And to show our intent, we proceeded to blow to pieces a sacred forest near the Imperial Palace.

Though stunned, at first the Japanese refused. The Navy, however, returned with an even greater force, an armada, and the Shogun had no alternative but to relinquish. On March 31 1854 a treaty was signed called the Convention of Kanagawa, and the US began to set up shop throughout Japan. And in Japanese hearts everywhere, a deep seated hatred of all things American had begun to take root. How could it not.

Something else came from this time period as well. An understanding that the world was changing, and without sufficient firepower, Japan would always be vulnerable to attack and occupation. This realization eventually led to the Meiji Restoration of 1868. The purpose of this movement was to restore Japan to a super power status, by first creating a strong economy, that would then create a strong military.

This also led to the ascension of right wing paramilitary groups, and the acquisition of political power by right wing hawks, producing an air of militarism and nationalism, so much so that Japan now believed that it had a divine mission to unify Asia under Japanese rule, known as hakko ichiu, and once again close the door to westerners. In their eyes, no one else was capable of this task.

It was for this reason, and because Japan had few natural resources, that they began their own period of imperial conquest around the turn of the century, fighting and winning wars with both China and Russia. This culminated in WW2 as Japan attempted to drive out all European and American colonial influence in the Far East once and for evermore. And failed. And this failure was met with profound humiliation.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Hiroshima and Nagasaki did not need to happen. No nuclear device should have ever been deployed on a civilian populated city. There were small islands with a military presence that could have been used instead, documented, and presented to the Imperial Command with the warning that without immediate surrender numerous positions on the main island would then be bombed. Just as the Shogun relinquished in 1854, so would the war have ended then and there, without another nuclear device being used.

But the US had to show the Russians and the British who was the big dog on the block, now that the Germans had been tamed. So we killed thousands of innocent people in a Hollywood style production that played in movie newsreels for months. Happy soldiers loading the bomb. Happy generals puffing on cigars. The ultimate 'fu@k you'.

Matt Perry and the US Navy were now replaced by MacArthur and the US Air force. Different names but the same sick game. Domination. And Japan once again fell under US control.

Only this time around there was one big difference. Right wing hawks and extreme right wing para military groups were now the dominant force in Japan, irrespective their defeat in WW2. They had been acquiring power for almost 100 years, dating back to our actions in the 1850s which had created this dragon in the first place. WW2, Hiroshima and Nagasaki only served to push this dragon underground, forcing it to become a hidden dragon.

Above ground, even though pacifism had become the law of the land, this dragon was still pulling the strings of society. And though it took years to pull off, Fukushima Daiichi was their baby.

Tomorrow. Chapter One / Part Two: Hiroshima to Fukushima, Restoring the Meiji Restoration
edit on 10-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It is snowing this morning 7am Japan time at Fukushima! The heat will show up and if it settles will show us the areas which are not hot - if there are any. That should be interesting.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
There is some chatter out there about helicopter movement, and who knows what is going with the #4 fuel pool?

I don't know if somebody is playing with filters, or the cam is toast, or if this is what it looks like?

A working TBS cam. Fog but it works. Hey Q...snow eh? That would turn to fog pretty quick.
www.youtube.com...

And we have concrete dropping. This must be conected to all those jack post braces under the fuel pool, that began hammering the bottom of the pool {Oscilation} when the up and down quakes began.
enenews.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

The 10 liter Leak and Unit 3 Sampling Results

Dang the rust doesn't look good.

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Unit 3 sampling:
www.tepco.co.jp...

The snow is wild!

- Purple Chive

edit on 10-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

[color=FDD017]The total number of days between Friday, March 11, 2011 and Friday, January 6, 2012 is
301 days.

[color=Chartreuse]The radiation poisoning of we, the people, our children, pets, food, water and our land
has continued unabated - 24/7/365
[color=Cyan]
- for 9 months, 26 days ... which is:

• 26,006,400 seconds
• 433,440 minutes
• 7224 hours
• 43 weeks

Once again, are we any closer to a solution to the Fukushima multiple melt-throughs disaster/fiasco spewing life-altering clouds of radiation 24/7/365

OK, let's try a different tactic to share what we feel is important to understand at this precise time in history. This is not a drill or dry-fire exercise. The balloon has dropped, and it's called [color=Chartreuse]Nukushima.

This is a sad indictment of the nuclear-challenged world we live in today.

USA, Canada and Europe Radiation Fallout Forecast + Rad Levels in US cities

Do us a big favor, just this once.

Click here and put that window in the background with the music at a decent level, just not so loud as to distract your thought processes while reading the following, please.

Music on and screen backgrounded? Enter the zone...

[color=Cyan]So, where are we?

The world is only one more “event” away from the banishment of the scourge of nuclear energy forever: one event - be that [color=FDD017]a world-wide consciousness-raising multi-media event on a scale eclipsing Live Aid (still, 26 years later, the standard by which other all-hands-on-deck rock and charity events are judged), or the unthinkable - [color=Chartreuse]another Chernobyl, Three Mile Island or Fukushima nightmare disaster/fiasco.

What do enquiring minds really want?

This:

Nuclear Radiation In The Ocean Near Fukushima Now 4,385 Times Above Normal

... or this?

Looking Back At Live Aid, 25 Years Later

At one point, according to a stage announcement, [color=00FFFF]95 percent of the world's television sets were tuned in to Live Aid — an even more incredible statistic when you consider that it happened before the Internet, cell phones, e-mail, text messaging, streaming video and Twitter.

So what can we do?

We can dream about ambitious possibilities and believe in positive solutions.

We can envision concerned citizens across the world coming together for a fun-filled learning experience and unite all anti-nuclear organizations to speak in a single voice:
No Nukes!

We can conceptualize an idea: how about LIVE EARTH AID? ... or working title -
Earth Aid™.

[color=FDD017]Earth Aid™ is dedicated to the creation of an interactive world-wide multi-media event
to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions associated with nuclear energy.

We can say that we now have a raison d'être.

What the world needs now is a knight in shining armor to ride in and save the day and help us produce this world-changing event.

What the world needs now is another Bob Geldof or Kevin Wall to take the bull by the horns and make this event a reality - perhaps to literally save mankind and our planet ... can we have a little help here, please?

The simple truth is: the choice is ours to make or the choice will be made for us.

So which will it be - life or death?

We choose life - and rock and roll for humanity.

Peace Love Light
thorfourwinds
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

New Unbelievable Pictures of Fukushima

Fukushima Radiation Contamination of North America: The Truth is, Babies are Dying!
edit on 10/1/2012 by thorfourwinds because: color
edit on 10/1/2012 by thorfourwinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Fukushima nuclear plant worker in coma after collapsing at site

mdn.mainichi.jp/mdnnews/news/20120110p2a00m0na018000c.html

A worker in his 60s at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant is in a coma after collapsing at the site, plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) has announced.

The man, an employee of a company cooperating with TEPCO, has been in a state of cardiac and respiratory arrest, the utility said on Jan. 9. The worker had been exposed to 52 microsieverts of radiation on Jan. 9 before collapsing and losing consciousness at the crippled plant that day. TEPCO is trying to confirm how long he has been working at nuclear plants and how much accumulated radiation doses he has been exposed to so far.

According to TEPCO, the man had been pouring concrete since the morning of Jan. 9 in order to manufacture a tank to hold radioactive materials following the treatment of contaminated water emanating from the cooling of nuclear reactors at the plant.

At around 2:20 p.m., the worker complained of sickness and was treated at the plant's medical office. However, he did not recover and was later transferred to a hospital in Iwaki, Fukushima Prefecture, at around 4:30 p.m.

Since the outbreak of the nuclear crisis in March last year, three workers have died of sickness and other causes at the disaster-stricken plant.

JP Click here for the original Japanese story

(Mainichi Japan) January 10, 2012

Copyright 2011 THE MAINICHI NEWSPAPERS. All rights reserved.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Bright Flash of Light From Inside Unit 1 When EQ Strikes...

6:24 AM or 1:11 into video - looks like from inside Unit 1.

enenews.com...

Weird...can't find EQ on USGS...
earthquake.usgs.gov...

- Purple Chive
edit on 11-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Personal opinion, looked like a quick electrical arc.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Worker at Fukushima nuclear plant dies

TOKYO, Jan. 11, Kyodo

english.kyodonews.jp/news/2012/01/135876.html

A worker at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant died Monday after falling ill during his work, the operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Wednesday.

The man in his 60s suffered a cardiac arrest while he was casting concrete at a facility to store radioactive waste in the plant, the utility said, adding it was notified Wednesday of the incident and the worker's subsequent death.

The utility denied any linkage between radiation exposure and his death as the amount of his exposure to radiation totaled 6.092 millisieverts, less than the amount received from a CT scan, or 6.9 millisieverts.

The man, an employee of a subcontractor, began working at the nuclear plant that was damaged by the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami, on May 22. He is the fourth worker to have died after working to combat the crisis at the plant, according to TEPCO.

Copyright 2012 Kyodo News

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

"Decline in Facilities ..needed to maintain stable cold shutdown..."

At 2:39 pm on January 11, to protect the decline of facilities which are needed to maintain the stable cold shutdown and improve the high-humidity environment in the Reactor Building of Unit 5, we started up ventilation and air-conditioning system in the building. This air conditioning system inlet and outlet air by high-efficiency particle filter.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Warm and fuzzy feelings...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Change in Air Sampling Points

Wonder why they need to do this?

www.tepco.co.jp...

Latest Readings:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Looks like some spraying of sealer on the west wall of #4. Also the roof line seems different but it's so blurry I can't be sure.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
A very good read
ex-skf.blogspot.com...

And I tripped across this.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I figured you guys might want to hear about this. We should all get used to this because this radiation is making it's way around the world.

Radiation-Tainted Japanese Car Parts Confiscated At Russia's Far Eastern Border

Russian police have confiscated dozens of car parts imported from Japan after they were found to be radiation-tainted.

The Far Eastern customs service in Vladivostok said in a press release on Wednesday that customs officers detected 34 'hot' automotive parts including chassis and engines in the first ten days of January alone.

Russia has been maintaining strict vigil at its borders against import of automobiles from Japan since its Fukushima nuclear power station suffered a series of nuclear meltdowns as a result of an earthquake in March last.

Several cars with radionuclide contamination traces were spotted at the border checkpoints since then, and those with excess radiation were not allowed to cross the border.

All the more reason to buy American next time you buy a brand new car.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
AGAIN: Tepco President mentions ‘accident’ at Fukushima *DAINI*, not just Daiichi
enenews.com...
www.shimbun.denki.or.jp...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Amigos, dont have time to catch up. Out of town for a couple of days. Here is part two of the first chapter

Part Two: Hiroshima to Fukushima, Restoring the Meiji Restoration

Japan was devastated after the war. Cities pulverized. A strong people beaten into submission. The victory that they had been assured after the bombing of Pearl Harbor had quickly turned into
their worst nightmare and beyond. The 100 year struggle to rid the Far East and Pacific of the invasive species caucasian ameropean had failed, and the end result was complete dominance by this species over Japan's affairs of state. Even Japanese media was under US control and wasn't allowed to criticize anything American.

But that wasn't enough for General MacArthur. He had to add insult to injury, and dig the knife in as deep as it would go, twisting all the way. His actions as Supreme Commander of Japan insured that the spirit of the Meiji Restoration would be rekindled. Two months after he accepted the surrender of Japan on the deck of the USS Missouri, one of his first actions was to ask churchmen from America to send 1,000 missionaries to Japan as soon as possible, stating “Japan is a spiritual vacuum. If you don't fill it with Christianity, it will be filled with communism.” They sent 1,500 instead, mostly young, fresh out of college or bible school, intent on providing spiritual guidance to a lost people desperately in need of ameropean influence and role models for creating the American dream.

Manifest destiny, the American / Japanese model. And like most members of the caucasian ameropean family, MacArtur had not the slightest clue as to the depth of spirituality that had always encompassed Japan. To him Buddha was nothing more than a fat guy in need of exercise, and Lao-Tzu was always confused for Sun-Tzu.

They say that those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it endlessly. Which is also the classic definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. Americans and Europeans continue to overthrow dominant cultures expecting these cultures to be thankful, because now they can be like us. And in reality all we have done is expand the list of countries and cultures that hate us and wish us gone.

Restoring Meiji Once again

The reality check that the 1850s produced in Japan, which later became the Meiji Restoration, was founded on a simple principle. The other guys had a sharper sword. Japan was forced to accept the fact that without modern weaponry, they would forever be bullied and pushed around. And throughout history the Japanese have refused to ever let that happen. So they created a prosperous economy and strong infrastructure that gave them the money and resources to re-arm themselves with modern, more powerful, weaponry.

Similar has occurred since WW2, except that these activities have been kept under the table and out of sight, as the western world was overseeing all with a watchful eye, and rebuilding a military capable of offensive actions was a big no-no. Yet the same pattern as the Meiji Restoration was put into effect shortly after the war ended. There was a period of rapid industrial expansion and economic growth which in turn provided the capital and resources to create a powerful military.

Only this time around the playing field was vastly different. You no longer needed an army of men, guns, boats, planes, and most of the other trappings of a strong military. Now all one needed was a bomb and a delivery system, and bam, baby, you were in the super power business. This is the world that dawned the day Hiroshima was bombed. A global war could be fought and won on the same day by simply pushing some buttons. And if you didn't have the bomb, you were toast. So nations everywhere began the quest for nuclear armaments. Some were allowed them outright. Others had to create their own by refining spent fuel from a nuclear power plant, or buying it on the black market.

This is the world we created when we annihilated the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And no one knows this better than the Japanese.

The Veil of Secrecy

The most infuriating aspect of the Fukushima disaster has been from day one the veil of secrecy thrown up by Tepco and the Japanese government concerning all things nuclear. And done with a smugness that said what we do is none of your business. However, this contempt for transparency should not come as a shock. The hidden nuclear dragon in Japan has been acting in this manner since the 1950s, when the second restoration began. No different than any other country with an illegal weapons program.

When it comes to secrecy, however, the extreme right wing hawks in Japan are masters at it. From the late 19th century to today secret societies in Japanese society have flourished, yet the world, and in many cases even Japan, knows nothing about them. Hidden dragons everywhere. Watch where you step.

Yet the signs of what might lay ahead were obvious to anyone researching global affairs. From 1950 to today Japan has been the single most rabid country pursuing an ever expanding nuclear power program. They are also the only non-proliferation country with a massive stockpile of plutonium, and they are allowed to do this without oversight.

After China's first nuclear test in 1964, Japanese Prime Minister Eisaku Satō told then President Johnson that if the Chinese had nuclear weapons, the Japanese should also have them. The future Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone took it one step further at the time and suggested that possessing small-yield, purely defensive nuclear weapons would not violate the Constitution.

Through the years, however, Japan's political leaders have convincingly stated that they do not have nuclear arms of any kind, nor do they need them. The reasoning they gave for this is twofold. One, Japan has a defense treaty with the US, and the US would attack anyone who attacked Japan. Two, the Japanese already have enough technology and plutonium to have a bomb produced in less than 12 months.

There are two problems with Japan's twofold deterrent philosophy. On one hand, Japan would never depend on the US for anything during a time of crisis, knowing full well that the US would only offer assistance if it benefited them. This was evident when the renewal of the US-Japan Security Treaty of 1960 caused political unease, and public unrest and demonstrations.

And on the other hand, the hawks in Japan know that it is ridiculous to consider yet to be made nuclear weapons as a deterrent for a nuclear attack. Or any attack for that matter, as long as the invading country has a nuclear arsenal at their disposal. They would be either dead or enslaved long before they got their first bomb built.

And this was the condition of the world that Japan lived in and struggled with when Fukushima Daiichi was proposed by right wing hawks as Japans first large scale nuclear power plant.
edit on 11-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1175  1176  1177    1179  1180  1181 >>

join