learn more

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1177
<< 1174  1175  1176    1178  1179  1180 >>

join

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Fukushima citizen “Recent earthquake is something different”

Suddenly, the way of shaking has changed, isn’t it ? feels like something is exploding underground, like a bomb.

It’s not a normal earthquake, but a short quake as if something was exploding underground.

Fukushima Diary

That's exactly how the M6@5km in CHCH felt as it hit. Like a vertical detonation wave. The rest of the 5+s for the day were rolling waves, the Mag6 shot me out of my seat on its initial hit!

Funny that they are drilling and prospecting around the region for oil, gas, hydrates and some extracting, just like Japan. Could be the hydrates perhaps?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
Confirming that Police Officers have died in Fuk?

You have to translate it of course...

blogos.com...

Trying to find other sources to confirm.

You cant find a confirmation of gossip,
my own opinion is that no policemen get killed
because they are very noisy people here,
strongly interconnected and not easy to handle,
also they like girls underpants!

In the case that even one dies because of his job
my wife and i think they would just stop to work,
the whole story sounds not reliable, faild to bring
evidence and just feed rumors!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

TY for that reply GhostR1der.

Perhaps one of the internal pools broke early on in the incident, while the main rooftop pools were mostly okay?

Yah, that was the mystery in my mind too. What would cause such a well defined gradient of "emmisivity" on the front and side of bottom of #1? Another FLIR angle with #1 at top right corner:

There is some bloom from the camera in this image. We have to be careful about misinterpreting the image software (which is only defining differences in surface temp). I found a site that installs solar panels and the guy uses a camera to check for leaks in his business. He relates in simple terms how a camera works and displays some images in here:

Thermal Imaging Camera: lessons and images

I brought two to compare to the FLIR image of reactor #1. The first is a visible light photo of a water tank (during the day):

The second is a Heat Signature image from his camera showing the difference in the surface temperature of the tank. Water line is visible because the water acts as a coolant on the tank wall and the overall tank heats at different rates in the sun. This is a daytime picture.

Close up of #1 and #2:

The heat source is internal and well defined gradient is visible on surface of building. This could be (surmising only everyone) that the main quake ruptured the Fuel Pool early on and the water leaking from the pool runs down into the bottom of the building? That they then vented the built up gasses from the melting fuel in the fuel pool out the vent stack? Someone better qualified than I needs to look closer at the "official" time line and match up events with this and other Helo footage. This one is time stamped. Has Sir Arnie at Fairewinds come forward on this yet?
Edit: YouTube FLIR Heloverfly
edit on 9-1-2012 by intrptr because: link added to YouTube video

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
As tragic and serious as this event is it helps to laugh at ourselves once in a while. Personally I would other wise go freagin crazy. Haven't seen this one yet:

Sorry about the link. Watch it on YouTube...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Another angle just showing #1, and 2# with the vent stack between them lit up like a carnival ride:

Im still scratching my head on this one. Ive lined up the dark area with the R2 blow out panel. its the same place. But why dark. I dont get this.

and Ive got a bald spot where I scratched my head over what the fug is happening to R1. That makes even less sense. If it was indeed 16+ hours from blowing, why isnt the building the same as the others.

And the flame like object between 2 and 3. Once again, not a clue.

the time stamp, if in JST, is 4 minutes after the Japanese government notified the world that there may be serious problems with one of the reactors. GR is pretty sure its military, and I cant for the life of me think of anyone else who would film Fuku at the moment.

This film is the greatest unsolved mystery for me at this moment.

GR, is it possible that it is reverse, the light areas are cooler than the dark areas. Is there a way to switch between the two opposites, light is cold and light is dark. I dont know sh!t about this stuff.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der

Funny that they are drilling and prospecting around the region for oil, gas, hydrates and some extracting, just like Japan. Could be the hydrates perhaps?

Its possible.

Concerning the FLIR, heres my interpretation of locations. the two bright spots above the exhaust pipes that head into the Exhaust House are a mystery though. And the CSFP and TBs are lit up like Christmas trees.

What I dont understand is this. If all of the reactors have blowout panels, and they were screwed, bolted or welded shut, how was it that the explosion from R1 (which as the video shows produced a shock wave that went vertical and to the northwest to northeast) blew the blowout panel off R2. Another mystery to be solved.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here's the introduction to my book now titled "Lies, Damned Lies and Press Releases: Unraveling the Mysteries of Fukushima". Each day Ill post only a chapter. Theyre pretty long.

Introduction

As I write this introduction it is Friday the 16th of December 2011, a day that will go down in infamy. Today the Japanese government, with the blessings of France, Canada and the United States, declared the Fukushima nuclear disaster officially over. Mission accomplished. Time to pop the champagne and say goodbye to any and all threats of continued release of radioactive particles.

In fact, according to NISA, it was never much of a disaster to begin with. Nothing leaked into the sea and very little contamination was released into the air. All is well.

Except that all is not well. For me the champagne stays corked while I stare at the computer screen, bewildered, and wonder if there is any hope for the human race. How can human intelligence, and the human spirit, be manipulated to this degree and not reply with rebellion. Have we lost the instinct to survive, and are now nothing more than lemmings, ready to dive into the frigid waters of the northwestern Pacific with no thought of preservation.

Mother Earth is dieing. She has been dieing a long slow death since the advent of the industrial revolution, and there is only one thing that can save her. A counter revolt, similar to the back to the land movement, only all encompassing and worldwide. Spiritual in nature, it would have to end life as we now know it. A complete severing of the plastic umbilical cord we are currently survivng through. If ever there was a time when stopping the status quo would be an act blessed by God, now is that time.

The levels of pollution, global warming, ocean acidification, dependence on technology, and destruction of immune systems in all living things is now reaching the point of no return. We are closing in on a time when it will be too late to say 'it's getting too late', and no matter what we do, the end result will be extinction. For you, for me, and for all things on this planet that depend on a healthy environment free of poisons and toxic substances to survive.

Which brings us to Daiichi, a small coastal area known for beautiful beaches and excellent surfing. And the biggest fugging nightmare this planet has ever scene. It's also where I and a handful of others have drawn a line in the sand. The lies and deceptions practiced hourly by Tepco, Japan, America, France and the nuclear industry has fooled some, but not all, not by a long shot, and the truth is spreading like a chain reaction ad infintum.

However, there is still something missing from the discussion. An important piece to the puzzle. Fukushima is more than just a huge nuclear power plant gone bad. The existing evidence also points to it being a weapons facility gone bad as well, and that poses a whole different set of problems for the world. It also limits the potential outcomes to the Daiichi travesty, if the scenario of a weapons production facility below Fukushima is true.

On one hand, if all goes well, Tepco and the planet will dodge the most massive bullet ever pointed at it's head and there will be no further serious explosions, only years of continued contamination in the ocean, groundwater and air.

On the other hand, if there is another explosion, it will most likely be a steam explosion caused by corium hitting groundwater. If that happens it could trigger secondary reactions from the compressed plutonium in the weapons facility. And if that happens there will be nothing left of Fukushima Daiichi to investigate, the entire planet will be contaminated with radioactive fallout and the final Hopi prophecy of invisible fire raining from the skies will come true.

This isn't the best book to read for a bedtime reader. It is, however, a very important book to read. We are being constantly lied to, and only through intense investigation will the truth be revealed. Hopefully this book will help do that, at least as far as Fukushima and the nuclear mafia are concerned.

So anyway, it's time to begin the strangest tale I have ever told. But before beginning I want to thank two individuals that I have never met. Many have helped with data acquisition and analysis via forums and blogs, and I thank them all. Especially EX-SKF, Tsutsuji and all the folk from the Above Top Secret monster thread. But two members of the Above Top Secret crew have stood out above the rest. Aircooled and Purplechive (AC and PC) have opened the door to numerous aspects of this investigation that would otherwise have never been known or addressed. And the whole world should thank them. I know I do.

OK, here we go. For those of you who took the blue pill, it's time to go back to your pleasant life. For those of you who took the red pill, it's time to fasten your seat belts and follow Alice down the rabbit's hole. It's gonna be a hell of a ride.
edit on 9-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Nice find. They are different models but much the same. Bloom is the body heat off the bubble.
I did some re-reading on R1. I shall chuck it in below.

reply to post by zworld

It keeps mystifying me too.

I've gone and checked a few video sources (especially krikkosnacks' fukushima jaunt in the early days) to see what we are up against.

With white = hottest. Roads are hotter than trees. Black lava seabreak blocks are still warm. #1s stack is hot (doesn't appear to have any other vent system). Sides of buildings facing the sea are warm - sunset occured prior. Entrance road is hot. Sea is moderate temperature to cold depending on angle, I'd say it's highly reflective. Issues have been had with millitary thermal cameras and refinery flares reflecting long distances.
But you do raise an interesting issue.. they can swap negative of what we are seeing.. so everything is reversed

But then I don't know how a tree is hotter than the road, or why #1s vent stack and base are frigid.

R1 had smoke and cracking sounds after the earthquake, pre-tsunami. It had severe piping damage (if not others).
I reckon that white is heat, as it would have had to already melt down!

It felt like the earthquake hit in two waves, the first impact was so intense you could see the building shaking, the pipes buckling, and within minutes, I saw pipes bursting. Some fell off the wall. Others snapped. I was pretty sure that some of the oxygen tanks stored on site had exploded but I didn’t see for myself. Someone yelled that we all needed to evacuate and I was good with that. But I was severely alarmed because as I was leaving I was told and I could see that several pipes had cracked open, including what I believe were cold water supply pipes. That would mean that coolant couldn’t get to the reactor core. If you can’t sufficiently get the coolant to the core, it melts down. You don’t have to have to be a nuclear scientist to figure that out.”

“I was in a building nearby when the earthquake shook. After the second shockwave hit, I heard a loud explosion that was almost deafening. I looked out the window and I could see white smoke coming from reactor one. I thought to myself, ‘this is the end.’”

After the Japanese government forced TEPCO to release hundreds of pages of documents relating to the accident in May, Bloomberg reported on May 19 that a radiation alarm went off 1.5 kilometers from the number one reactor on March 11 at 3:29 p.m., minutes before the tsunami reached the plant.

www.theatlanticwire.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Could be the hydrates perhaps?
I think the explosion would have been enormous and final if methane hydrates had gone up. Imagine igniting methane underground with an in-exhaustable (or nearly) supply of methane to burn.

I know this is far out on the edge stuff, but I cannot help thinking that we are looking at many situations on earth which are caused by advanced technologies and not normal (or what we would consider normal) technologies or processes. There are different strange aspects to the events happening at the moment and if we look at these situations in a different light we may see some links or reasons for them all. If off-world technologies were being used to attack/wage war on/punish/whatever different countries and make it look similar to natural events. The only thing which makes these different is that there are a number of strange events which happen to make people comment. Such as the difference in earthquake 'feel'.

What we are seeing in the Gulf oil spill or the Fukushima incident and maybe even the 9/11 twin towers may be a firefighting response to an attack which has been made to look like a natural/man made disaster. There are a number of different aspects which defy reasonable explanations. Yes, there could be an UC, yes the oil spill may have been caused by human error, or the twin towers by terrorists, but there are still parts(cover-ups) of each one which cannot be explained as normal responses by a country to a disaster. When considering this, we have to look at focused events not a general tsunami-like events which hits multiple countries.

Normally, you want everyones help in these things - particularly when it is bigger than you as a country can handle on your own. However, these things have been shut down, no outside help has been engaged, and all media has been excluded or tightly controlled. This is what makes me think there is something bigger going on in this and other recent events.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
We Believe..We hope...We presume...
I hope they slip up and tell us something.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
On my way out, will be back on this evening to respond more.. but this one really got me.. the big one we've all been dreading. Those recent xenon spikes make sense now, plus the iodine pills. USA is already being hit no doubt.

Reactor 4 : Spent fuel pool was boiling without water after 1/1/2012

The blogger woman in Minamisoma leaked information from an actual Fukushima worker. According to her post, after the earthquake of 1/1/2012, the pipe of spent fuel pool for reactor 4 was broken, the pool completely lost its water. The worker stated, Sooner or later, the truth will have to to be widely known. Believe it or not, you will only regret. Wear a mask at least.

So R4 had another melt..

Fukushima Diary

and

Fall-out of Ce134 and 137 spiked up after the new year’s day in Fukushima. Having the peak on 1/2/2012 and it was in the decreasing trend. However, it’s starting to increase since 1/6/2012 again.

fukushima-diary.com...
edit on 9/1/12 by GhostR1der because: forgot links

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

This is Gossip, nothing else,
this Women mutated from a sick Teacher into a Nuclear Consultant in just a few days!

When the SFY run dry we would see not a spike we would see a explosion
in Airborne Radiation much higher than on the Week after 03/15 last year!

She just heard this, i also hear and read a lot in my daily Life!

For me it is not useful to use obscure Blogs as a Source for such important News at all
and Fukushima-Diary is not a reliable source too, this Guy behind that Blog is a little bit
crazy, hmmm, not really crazy but more than strange!

This is me yesterday in the search of the Spike

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Hey Zworld. Sorry about the confusing post on Infrared pictures. I am stumped for a way to explain it because I am not a scientist and I don't want to unintentionally use the wrong terms and confuse people.

Some of your questions got me to thinking and reading up on it. The term infrared is misleading because they use a lot of other terms, including FLIR, thermal imaging, thermography, heat signature, Infrared sensors, etc. They are all the same thing. Infra red spectrum is light just past the red end of the visible spectrum, right? We can't see it with our eyes but cameras capture and translate the infrared photons that strike the detectors in the camera into a viewable (albeit grainy) image. Depending on the settings on the camera, the software translates the differences between surface temperatures of objects into shades of grey or color. In black and white (like in the video) black is always the coldest surface and white the hottest.

Ambient background refers to the mean temperature that everything is. Man made stuff like roads, buildings, metal structures are assigned different shades of grey to show the difference (hotter or colder) of different objects within the field of view. So roof tops of the reactors are black(cooler), walls are lighter(warmer) and some objects are white hot. Not really heated to glowing maybe but the hottest sources of infrared heat "visible". So the side of #1, the nearby vent stack and all the emergency equipment is "lit up" because it is working hard to dissipate heat from the troubled reactor. Before the explosion(s) at 10:30 at night on Friday. The sun has set and there are still lingering heat signatures as on roads, and even building structures that have been warmed by daytime temperatures.

Cameras don't switch between polarity for hot and cold, wether b/w or color convention holds the coldest is always displayed as black and the hottest white. This record of the events early on (time stamped even) is pure evidence for future generations to hold up for scrutiny in direct opposition to what the official story was. Too bad we don't have more footage like this from different times that night and next day. There is an event time line described here in Infrared. Alas like the pentagon cameras that only captured one time lapse view of the plane strike there, I feel that for now, this is a rare public archive.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

GhostR1der... greetings. Thanks for the replies and link to article:

www.theatlanticwire.com...

Some employees state that damage to #1 was visible from the earthquake, before the Tsunami:

But what if recirculation pipes and cooling pipes, burst, snapped, leaked, and broke completely after the earthquake -- long before the tidal wave reached the facilities, long before the electricity went out? This would surprise few people familiar with the 40-year-old Unit 1, the grandfather of the nuclear reactors still operating in Japan.

One worker, a maintenance engineer in his late twenties who was at the Fukushima complex on March 11, recalls hissing and leaking pipes. “I personally saw pipes that came apart and I assume that there were many more that had been broken throughout the plant. "There’s no doubt that the earthquake did a lot of damage inside the plant," he said. "There were definitely leaking pipes, but we don’t know which pipes – that has to be investigated. I also saw that part of the wall of the turbine building for Unit 1 had come away. That crack might have affected the reactor.”

Someone yelled that we all needed to evacuate and I was good with that. But I was severely alarmed because as I was leaving I was told and I could see that several pipes had cracked open, including what I believe were cold water supply pipes. That would mean that coolant couldn’t get to the reactor core. If you can’t sufficiently get the coolant to the core, it melts down. You don’t have to have to be a nuclear scientist to figure that out.”

As he was heading to his car, he could see the walls of the reactor one building itself had already started to collapse. “There were holes in them. In the first few minutes, no one was thinking about a tsunami. We were thinking about survival.”

Onda notes, “I’ve spent decades researching TEPCO and its nuclear power plants and what I’ve found, and what government reports confirm is that the nuclear reactors are only as strong as their weakest links, and those links are the pipes.”

During his research, Onda spoke with several engineers who worked at the TEPCO plants. One told him that often piping would not match up the way it should according to the blueprints. In that case, the only solution was to use heavy machinery to pull the pipes close enough together to weld them shut. Inspection of piping was often cursory and the backs of the pipes, which were hard to reach, were often ignored. Since the inspections themselves were generally cursory and done by visual checks, it was easy to ignore them.

a few hours after the earthquake extremely high levels of radiation were being measured within the reactor one building. The levels were so high that if you spent a full day exposed to them it would be fatal. The water levels of the reactor were already sinking

On March 11, at 9:51 p.m., under the CEO's orders, the inside of the reactor building was declared a no-entry zone. Around 11 p.m., radiation levels for the inside of the turbine building, which was next door to the reactor, reached hourly levels of 0.5 to 1.2 mSv.The meltdown was already underway.

That last bit with emphasis added is interesting. Just before 10 pm (22:00 hours), the melt down was already underway in #1. So that FLIR video was shot about 35 minutes later after the meltdown had already started.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

I hope it is wrong but the more I see the more it seems it may be right. Especially after the 'people running around the service floor of #4 frantically' video as well.. All signs are pointing to major happenings at #4 all of a sudden. Not to mention the recent increase in lean! Not seeing any major spikes on EPA radnet however they are known to edit them out.

Alessandro Serrao: however from the last time I checked the JNN webcam I saw two cranes injecting water in the reactor 4

Cam is down now.. too much radiation?

And now

Sickened Fukushima author: Concrete parts under Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 are dropping onto ground -Source

enenews.com...
blogs.yahoo.co.jp...

Human do you know if this guy is trustworthy or not? Or perhaps could help translate it better so we can try figure the situation out a little.
edit on 10/1/12 by GhostR1der because: edit breaking news

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Cameras don't switch between polarity for hot and cold, wether b/w or color convention holds the coldest is always displayed as black and the hottest white.

I have seen some millitary cameras switch black and white rarely, for what reason I don't know. Could be part of calibrating?
R1 definitely had issues pre-tsunami. I think most of them did in some way, just R1 was the worst.

Originally posted by qmantoo

Could be the hydrates perhaps?
I think the explosion would have been enormous and final if methane hydrates had gone up. Imagine igniting methane underground with an in-exhaustable (or nearly) supply of methane to burn.

Not sure if that could happen or not. Wouldn't it need lots of oxygen to happen? I'm not a chemist and we don't really cover gas for standard outdoor fireworks training. I was more meaning earthquakes caused by removal of gas, hydrates, oil and other compounds.
However I fully agree regarding the advanced tech and world matters, there's no doubt about it. The silent 'war' has been occurring since at least the late 50s/early 60s when the Russians slowed down on bombs, because they didn't need them anymore. Some very interesting speeches around then
All thanks to Tesla.

reply to post by zworld

Could it be possible the two unsure parts are a ground floor section of the CSFP through some pipework?

And only thing I can think of to explain the hot top of the spraying unit by R1 (FLIR shot).. it may have some sort of electric booster pump at the nozzle that is quite hot perhaps? Or it has just been pulled out of somewhere hot.. like a fuel pool. I didn't think they could reach without the putzmiester though (not there till 20th or so IIRC).
edit on 10/1/12 by GhostR1der because: add more responses

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

"Harmful Rumors"

A decision has now been made to expand the area of eligibility for those tourist businesses that were adversely affected by harmful rumors due to the Accident.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Maybe this is why you got low readings, human?

Human. You're mad at Moch for leaving Japan. You imply he fakes his illness, and all his news is gossip. You're losing your objectivity my friend, when it comes to anything written in fukushima diary.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The latest news from Greenpeace.
www.greenpeace.org...

What looks like a very interesting vid, if it had sub-titles.

The Canadian Medical Association slams Japan but says nothing about the silence here in Canada.
www.washingtonsblog.com... to-chernobyl-the-japanese-government-was-lying-through-its-teeth.html

And those lazy chain smoking seals, in Alaska are trying to blame fallout from fuk again, right EPA?
www.pakalertpress.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This one deserves it's own post.

Reporter: According to the reading of environmental radioactivity levels as of Jan. 4, 2012, the amounts of cesium-134 and cesium-137 have increased by nearly 10 times from Dec. 27, 2011 to January 2, 2012. I suppose that something went wrong and that led to this increase. What do you think caused this increase?

Tepco Spokesman Junichi Matsumoto: [...] No trouble has occurred during that period. So I suppose that the radioactive materials were blown up by something like wind and that led to that increase.

enenews.com...

Measurements. Iodine pills, #4 damage reports, videos of hurried activity around #4, Xe releases. Pretty clear something is up!

new topics

top topics

<< 1174  1175  1176    1178  1179  1180 >>

join