Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1176
<< 1173  1174  1175    1177  1178  1179 >>

join

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
From EX-SKF. This is a very intense look at low dose effects seen after Chernobyl. Its not pretty reading. ex-skf.blogspot.com... However, I wanted to share this part. As far as who's minding the store, this is really scary sh!t. These nuclear agencies that were formed many years ago wrote in unlimited powers forever in their contracts. In a real world people would call this nuclear totalitarianism. The nuclear mafia is worse than any other single organization on this planet. No regulatory oversight. Massive monetary infusions via subsidies and loans, forcing capital recovery far into the future. Creating a threat of planetary extinction while ensuring danger for thousands of years unless future generations take care of the spent crap left behind.

What the fug were we thinking.

There is simply no binding independent worldwide authority. At WHO, there is JUST ONE person, who deals with Radiation! But the WHO has nothing to say anyway. When it comes to radiation exposure and its consequences, they are not allowed to say anything. Since a contract was sealed in 1957, it is subordinate to the IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) and therefore supresses all reports about the real dangers of radiation.

Wiki describes totalitarianism as a power that recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate everything wherever feasible through all encompassing propaganda, control of the media and control of the economy.

Sounds very familiar.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Hello, Konban Wa and i hope you are all Genki

a wonderful Article today in the Japan Times:

Fukushima lays bare Japanese media's ties to top

Is the ongoing crisis surrounding the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant being accurately reported in the Japanese media?

No, says independent journalist Shigeo Abe, who claims the authorities, and many journalists, have done a poor job of informing people about nuclear power in Japan both before and during the crisis — and that the clean-up costs are now being massively underestimated and underreporte

a very good read: www.japantimes.co.jp...

Tunnel full of radioactively-contaminated water found at Fukushima nuclear plant

A massive amount of water contaminated with radiation has been found in a tunnel at a waste treatment facility at the crippled Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant, the plant operator said. The radioactive water amounts to 142 cubic meters, enough to fill 710 drums, and it contains about 100 becquerels of radioactive cesium per liter, according to Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO).

Company officials said that the radioactive water has not leaked into the sea from the tunnel.

mdn.mainichi.jp...

Tiny particles may illuminate reactor cores

Using particles from space to look into the heart of nuclear reactors--this is the goal of researchers at Nagoya University.

The Yomiuri Shimbun has learned that a team of researchers from the university is developing technology to use elementary particles from space to see into the interiors of crippled reactors at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant.

Their aim is to establish technology that can obtain images similar to X-rays of what is happening inside the Nos. 1 to 3 reactors, whose cores melted down in the wake of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

Traditional burning of New Year's decorations canceled due to fear of spreading radiation

"It is regrettable that we cannot return these objects to the gods after burning them," said Tadashi Yoshida, the 80-year-old head priest at the shrine, in front of the piled-up decorations that the shrine parishioners have brought into its premises.

The used decorations include sacred ropes, charms and household altars, as well as gate pines and other good luck ornaments. The tradition of burning New Year's decorations is held across Japan around mid-January. At Kasuga Shrine, which is said to date back to the early Heian Period, Yoshida has held the traditional event sometime around Jan. 6 to 15 every year, wishing for the happiness of the parishioners for the year, since he took on his position half a century back.

mdn.mainichi.jp...
edit on 8-1-2012 by Human0815 because: space for one more Topic!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Unit 4 SFP Leak Pictures

www.tepco.co.jp...

And interesting about the web page that came up when I went to ATS...SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act)..and Homeland Security blocking it.
news.cnet.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Detection of Strontium

In Soil:
www.tepco.co.jp...

In Sub Drain:
www.tepco.co.jp...

In Seawater:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Large Cesium spike Unit 3 and 4 West Slope in the air:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

I almost had a heart attack when I saw the blocked website page. Scary feeling.

Concerning the new leaks found, Tepco's buffoonery continues unabated.

Concerning the trench leak, in their emergency response to NISA they say they have come up with a solution to the problem. Theyre going to pump the water elsewhere, try and find the leak and even go so far as check other trenches cause, like, things are slow around the plant what with the holidays over and people being let go so Tepco has thrown caution to the wind and decided to live life on the edge and go see if any of the other trenches have water in them. They haven't decided what theyll do though if they find any since its not summer and they cant have a barbecue and go swimming yet.
www.tepco.co.jp...

Today, we reported a progress made thus far to NISA regarding the following
items stipulated in the direction:
1.Transfer the accumulated water in the trench to a facility so as to
manage the water in an appropriate way
2.Detect an incoming route of the accumulated water in the trench in order
to examine water shutoff measures
4.Organize a patrol-inspection plan to check whether there remain
accumulated waters containing radioactive materials in the other trenches
etc.

And for all the enquirer type minds out there that would like to see a deeper more informative explanation you can forget it. Its on the back burner behind translating the interim report and a whole bunch of other more important stuff.

Attachment:
Response to the accumulated water containing radioactive materials that was
found in the trench at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station

*The attachment file will be posted later.

And to top off their buffoonery with stupidity, the picture posted today concerning another leak found supposedly at R4 shows a water cooler that is next the the CSFP and not R4. Remember the CSFP. Over 6000 spent furl rods full of plutonium and tons of other stuff. It was showing radioactivity back in April or May and Tepco pledged to sample for radioactivity on a regular basis in the CSFP......and that was the last time we have heard the words common pool.

HEY TEPCO, WHATS HAPPENING WITH THE CSFP. ITS THE BIG BUILDING NEXT TO THE R3/R4 TRANSFORMER BUILDING. IF YOU NEED HELP FINDING IT WE ARE HERE FOR YOU. YOU FRIGGIN IDIOTS
----------------------------------
As an aside EXSKF has picked up on the March 11th FLIR video and whether or not those are missing panels. Someone want to post a comment letting him know that they should be light not dark if showing the insides of the reactor building.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

Using particles from space to look into the heart of nuclear reactors--this is the goal of researchers at Nagoya University.

The Yomiuri Shimbun has learned that a team of researchers from the university is developing technology to use elementary particles from space to see into the interiors of crippled reactors at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant.

Their aim is to establish technology that can obtain images similar to X-rays of what is happening inside the Nos. 1 to 3 reactors, whose cores melted down in the wake of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

Human-San, this scares me. They are going to be experimenting with stuff they dont have a clue about, ie muon particles. What effect might this have on the corium. Will it heat it up, slow it down, make it go recritical. Damn, that could have numerous unwanted results. Once again Tepco is experimenting with our lives. A double puz:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Readings from Koriyama City.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I might have my concerns screwed up. I guess they aren't going to be emitting rays of some kind into the reactor, theyre going to capture particles from space that will go through the reactor from above. Interesting. dont have a clue but I would hope its a waste of time perfecting the technology as by the time it is the reactors have already been entombed.

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
nuclearhistory.wordpress.com... -workers-fight-against-meltdown-by-yoichi-shimatsu/

I love Paul Langley and Yoichi Shimatsu. This initially came out in April and then Paul re-released it a few weeks ago. This story isnt going away because it explains it all. Ill post Chapter One of my book (no longer a report) very soon and it outlines the history behind everything that led to Fukushima Daiichi, from the 1600s to the present and beyond. And I know most of you think the 1600s dont have anything to do with Fukushima. But they do. Bigtime.

Secret Weapons Program Inside Fukushima Nuclear Plant? U.S.-Japan security treaty fatally delayed nuclear workers’ fight against meltdown by Yoichi Shimatsu

www.globalresearch.ca...

Confused and often conflicting reports out of Fukushima 1 nuclear plant cannot be solely the result of tsunami-caused breakdowns, bungling or miscommunication. Inexplicable delays and half-baked explanations from Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) seem to be driven by some unspoken factor.

The smoke and mirrors at Fukushima 1 seem to obscure a steady purpose, an iron will and a grim task unknown to outsiders. The most logical explanation: The nuclear industry and government agencies are scrambling to prevent the discovery of atomic-bomb research facilities hidden inside Japan’s civilian nuclear power plants.

A secret nuclear weapons program is a ghost in the machine, detectable only when the system of information control momentarily lapses or breaks down. A close look must be taken at the gap between the official account and unexpected events.

And that is exactly what has been done on this thread more than any place else on earth except inside intelligence agencies and even then they're probably picking this thread clean.

.....The bloom of irradiated seawater across the Pacific comprises another piece of the puzzle, because its underground source is untraceable (or, perhaps, unmentionable). The flooded labyrinth of pipes, where the bodies of two missing nuclear workers—never before disclosed to the press— were found, could well contain the answer to the mystery: a lab that none dare name.

Political Warfare

In reaction to Prime Minister Naoto Kan’s demand for prompt reporting of problems, the pro-nuclear lobby has closed ranks, fencing off and freezing out the prime minister’s office from vital information. A grand alliance of nuclear proponents now includes TEPCO, plant designer General Electric, METI, the former ruling Liberal Democratic Party and, by all signs, the White House.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Fukushima Plutonium Made it Around the Planet

Yes it was Freaky, seeing that Orwellian page when I came on to ATS, and I agree. Paul Langley is a very smart guy and fine writer.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

My Readings, yesterday in Kawasaki/ Takatsu-Ward:

I get more and more angry with F-Diary,
i think he lost his mind and ene-news again just copied bs,
do they think that the Puppeteers are that stupid

Why do ene-news do not a better research of their Headline?
In every Forum they would be already banned!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

Human-San, this scares me. They are going to be experimenting with stuff they dont have a clue about, ie muon particles. What effect might this have on the corium. Will it heat it up, slow it down, make it go recritical. Damn, that could have numerous unwanted results. Once again Tepco is experimenting with our lives. A double puz:

Yup Z and Human...flirting with the elemental forces of nature...

Japan's Super-K to resume seeking why anything exists

www.japantimes.co.jp...

Just annihilate everything that does exist!! If we can't keep atomic fission under control...how in the hell do we think we can keep sub-atomic fission under control?

Whew...

And notice where this is located:
en.wikipedia.org...

Pretty freaking interesting...

Gonna go eat some home-made chocolate chip cookie batter on that one...

- Purple Chive

edit on 8-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Dear PC,
i agree with you!

I do not remember where i saw it but in the first Weeks after 03/11 there was a report
from a LHC somewhere there and it was operating at high speed at exact that time when the EQ hit!

The Curve pointed exactly on to the Plant

I gave not much credit to that but what do we know?
We should stop everything and check every Data, something may be dangerously wrong!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Tepco crapping on people.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

As an aside EXSKF has picked up on the March 11th FLIR video and whether or not those are missing panels. Someone want to post a comment letting him know that they should be light not dark if showing the insides of the reactor building.

Hey z... long time no z. You mean this one?

I remember someone bringing this one a while back... sorry I can't remember who right now. But I grabbed some images that were telling and forgot to bring them. You reminded me z... .

Video is time stamped so helps define the sequence of events. First pic from the YouTube video shows all four reactor buildings from the ocean side looking shoreward. Look at the base of #1 on the right. Some internal heat there. There are two vent stacks visible. The one on the left (between #3 and #4) is barely visible, the one between #1 and #2 is lit up. Then there's that mysterious pipe line between #2 and #3.

A close up from above pic showing #1 and #2. Note bottom portion of #1 and the vent stack between both buildings. What is filling the bottom of #1 with heat that "levels out" in the lower floors? Heat rises. This is before the explosion that took off the top of #1, right? So, if hydrogen is building and being vented out the stack then there must be a huge (hot) water leak inside #1? Filling the bottom floors up to the infra red cutoff? That would have to be hot to light up the exterior wall with a heat signature like that.

Another angle just showing #1, and 2# with the vent stack between them lit up like a carnival ride:

Another close up of above pic:

Sorry about my limited edit skills and if these have been digested before now.

This thread is where I come to get my "news" about the plants. You regulars are doing a hella job bringing the truth about it. Thanks for keeping me informed all.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Dear PC,
i agree with you!

I do not remember where i saw it but in the first Weeks after 03/11 there was a report
from a LHC somewhere there and it was operating at high speed at exact that time when the EQ hit!

The Curve pointed exactly on to the Plant

I gave not much credit to that but what do we know?
We should stop everything and check every Data, something may be dangerously wrong!

Yes I have seen this data too, it was a POTRblog video. Basically the machines create neutron streams for huge distances and they can heat points up by intersecting the beams. Sorta like a primitive HAARP/scalar electromagnetic weapon system, except it makes radioactivity wherever it is aimed. Wouldn't want to be on the exit point of a beam if they are shooting it anywhere. Could trigger or aggravate an earthquake.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Good spotting! Stationary image helps a lot. Can see colour gradients in the bottom of all the buildings now, in order #1, #2, #3 is warmish but not so much. #4 has some very unusual hot spots through concrete rebar framing, similar intensity to #1 (by far hottest!). They are located on the south eastern corner, bottom floor, the 'alley of no cameras' and where 'poolium/effium' damage was seen in some of the few shots from here. Again away from fuel rods or pools. Perhaps one of the internal pools broke early on in the incident, while the main rooftop pools were mostly okay? Also a bit of heat around the roofline.

You prompted me to finally go and frame by frame the bugger. Can see here the thermal gradient visible on #1 clearly at top right or below for closeup. Note how some sides of some other buildings are quite warm looking too, but on other angles are not? I'd say this is sunlight or another heat source reflections, or aircon.

One critical thing I missed first analysis round was this:

A baking hot CSFP. It's hot in the 2nd image down as well, from another angle - so it's not just reflected heat. One of the other buildings to the south east of the CSFP is pretty hot too, left of stack, its the centralized radioactive waste treatment building..

So thank you intrprtr, we have been wondering about the vents for a while. I'm sure #1 is supposed to have them as well, however the vents are not black (and cold) in the thermal.. or they are in a different place? Assuming they re not.. I reckon the following;

By the time of the video, the other reactors were still mostly within containment and 'okay'. Reactor one, the first to go, was obviously not. Smaller torus containment - it's likely to be escaping steam and accumulated heat in the lower part of the building from the suppression relief valves. It may simply not have a vent, or it is welded shut like some of the other plants, being built first.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Fukushima Pref. to Conduct Radiation Checks on All Its Rice

jen.jiji.com/jc/eng?g=eco&k=2012010600452

Fukushima, Jan. 6 (Jiji Press)--The prefectural government of Fukushima plans to conduct radiation checks on all rice to be harvested in the prefecture this year, officials said Friday.

The northeastern Japan prefecture, which is home to the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, plans to fully subsidize the purchases of radiation measuring equipment by agricultural cooperatives and distributors, the officials said.

According to the prefecture, it is considering using a conveyor belt-using radiation detector, which is being developed by a machinery maker.

It aims to introduce more than 100 units of the machine at an estimated total cost of several billion yen.

Radioactive cesium levels exceeding the national government-set limit of 500 becquerels per kilogram have been detected in rice produced in the prefecture since the March 2011 accident at the Tokyo Electric Power Co. nuclear plant.

As Japan will tighten the limit to 100 becquerels in April, the prefecture found it necessary to conduct the blanket radiation checks to regain consumer trust, according to the officials.

Fukushima Prefecture is mulling shipping rice that passes the checks with QR, or quick response, two-dimensional codes that show radioactive cesium levels.

The prefecture now checks locally produced rice with 20 radiation detectors, but its daily capacity is up to some 120 bags. Cooperation of agricultural cooperatives and distributors is indispensable for checking all bags of harvested rice.

(2012/01/06-15:09)

Copyright 2012 Jiji Press Ltd

Rice Shipment from Another Fukushima Area Banned

jen.jiji.com/jc/eng?g=eco&k=2012010400825

Tokyo, Jan. 4 (Jiji Press)--The government ordered Fukushima Prefecture on Wednesday to halt shipments of rice produced in the northeastern Japan prefecture's former Sekimoto village area, due to contamination by excessive radioactive cesium.

The ban came after the prefecture detected 550 bequerels per kilogram of the fission material from Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant in rice harvested there in 2011, against the government-set limit of 500 bequerels.

The rice in question has not been put on the market, Fukushima officials said.

The area, which covers the Ozeki, Nitta, Hosoya and Yokodai districts of Yanagawa-cho in the city of Date, adds to eight others across Date and two other cities of Fukushima and Nihonmatsu in the prefecture that are already banned from shipping rice due to radioactive contamination.

(2012/01/04-19:23)

Copyright 2012 Jiji Press Ltd
edit on 9-1-2012 by xecoybh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Confirming that Police Officers have died in Fuk?

You have to translate it of course...

blogos.com...

Trying to find other sources to confirm.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Great find inteptr. Frame by frame is the way.
Well is anybody surprised to hear from Daini again? They don't specify which reactor
{dibs on 4}
enenews.com...
ex-skf.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1173  1174  1175    1177  1178  1179 >>

join