Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1175
<< 1172  1173  1174    1176  1177  1178 >>

join

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Still lots going on at home too.

Federal regulators say Ohio nuclear reactor safe despite not knowing cause of concrete cracks 06Jan12

PORT CLINTON, Ohio — Federal inspectors are convinced that a nuclear reactor along Lake Erie is safe to operate even though they said Thursday it is not clear why small cracks appeared in a concrete shell that protects the plant.

...Until the cause is known, there’s no reason to order closer inspections at other plants with similar concrete shields, Pederson said.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Kr-85, 270 Bq/cm cubed...Unit 2...

Detection limit is 31 Bq/cm cubed.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 6-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

www.tepco.co.jp...

That needs further investigating. Back in Nov when there was a spike of Kr85 and xenon 131m indicating recriticality Krypton-85 went from .0036 Bq/cm3 to 0.53 Bq/cm3. Now it's a magnitude of order greater at Kr 85 at 270 Bq/cm3. That cant be good PC. Either its a misread or theyre lying about the levels of Xenon detected and recriticality is occurring.

Kr85 is extremely rare in the natural environment. However, it should be pointed out that the Tokia reprocessing plant was for many years a major contributor of Kr85 to the environment. From 1978 to 1997 the plant emitted the same amount as either the Chernobyl disaster or all nuclear bomb tests.

In 1997 the CSFP and other support structures were completed at Fukushima and the amount of Kr85 emitted from Tokia dropped to almost nothing. Funny that. Seems they were getting the plutonium from there until that component of the UC facility was completed. just an assumption of course but.....

Ill look into this.
edit on 6-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
A reference shot. 2 hours after EQ and tsunami. Note the dark area in the upper southeast corner of the FBB, and the direction current off quay is running, which is the common direction.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
In that picture above, it does not look as if the tsunami has hit yet because the structures next to the sea are still intact and there is no damage inland. Wouldn't there be some smoke or something showing from the reactors or chimneys? I wonder about the caption and whether it is truly taken at this time? What do you think?

In the sea, the wind gusts make this kind of pattern on the surface of the sea and depending on the direction of the sun and angle the picture is taken from will be either shadow (dark) or reflective (light). These gusts could easily be transitory and just happen to be there at that time. On the other hand, they could indicate a dark-coloured emission from 5/6 area too.
edit on 6 Jan 2012 by qmantoo because: sea bit

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Strange things happening. I had to watch it a couple times.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Dec. 28th Gas Sampling Results for Unit 2:

Even higher at 490 bq/cm cubed...
Dec. 28: (notice change in detection limit...)
www.tepco.co.jp...

Dec. 7: (nothing detected)
www.tepco.co.jp...

Dec. 2: (detected...and once again different detection limits)
www.tepco.co.jp...

Nov. 29:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Nov. 22:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Nov. 16: (Kr-85, 750 bq/cm cubed)
www.tepco.co.jp...

Nov. 9:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Nov. 1:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Sorry Z that I missed the high Kr-85 reading on Dec. 28...was having "Happy Holidays". After reviewing all the convoluted reports posted above...there does seem to be a trend in the Kr-85 detection even with all the deceptive, web-spinning tactics TEPCO uses in their F'ed up reports. Definitively flying by the seat of their pants!!

On edit:
This lovely little tidbit...

on January 6: We adjusted the nitrogen injection rate to PCV of Unit 2 from approx. 10m3/h to approx. 13m3/h in order to decrease amount of steam generated and pressure in PCV for the preparation work for inner inspection of PCV. We adjusted the exhaust amount from PCV gas management system from approx. 30m3/h to approx. 35m3/h.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 6-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Unit 1: What's up with the S/C Pressure?

Rather erratic...

www.tepco.co.jp...

And thanks Z for the EQ info!

- Purple Chive

Yup something is going on...
www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Since December 22, 2011, the atmospheric temperatures at point C of Unit 1 Primary Containment Vessel (PCV) monitored by the Containment Atmospheric Monitoring System had risen (the atmospheric temperature of the PCV on December 22 was approx. 38°C, at 7 pm on December 27 was approx. 49°C). The other temperatures had not risen, so we conducted a survey checking the reliability of the meters from 9 am to 10 am on December 28, and we confirmed that there are no problems. From 11:00am to 12:15pm on the same day, we adjusted the volume of Nitrogen injection, from approx. 8 m3/h to approx.18 m3/h, and emission of the gas management system, from approx. 23 m3/h to approx.30 m3/h, in order to identify the cause by monitoring the system with the same injection and emission volume as before December 22. The temperature went up to approx. 54.6°C at 6 pm on December 28 and fell to approx. 42.3°C at 11:00 am on January 4, 2012. Temperatures at other two points also indicated slight increases but are currently in the stable status. Point D: (Maximum) approx. 35.8°C at 5:00 pm on December 29, 2011 → approx. 32.1°C at 11:00 am on January 4, 2012. Point E: (Maximum) approx. 40.0°C at 5:00 pm on December 29, 2011 → approx. 35.1°C at 11:00 am on January 4, 2012. We will continuously conduct the survey for the cause of temperature increase and surveillance of the plant.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive
edit on 5-1-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

TEPCO still trying to figure out what happened...second page has diagram...searching for their written explanation that will of course not explain anything...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
In that picture above, it does not look as if the tsunami has hit yet because the structures next to the sea are still intact and there is no damage inland. Wouldn't there be some smoke or something showing from the reactors or chimneys? I wonder about the caption and whether it is truly taken at this time? What do you think?

In the sea, the wind gusts make this kind of pattern on the surface of the sea and depending on the direction of the sun and angle the picture is taken from will be either shadow (dark) or reflective (light). These gusts could easily be transitory and just happen to be there at that time. On the other hand, they could indicate a dark-coloured emission from 5/6 area too.
edit on 6 Jan 2012 by qmantoo because: sea bit

Concerning the tsunami, its hard to say cause we dont see down into the affected area. But I remember when I first saw this I thought a similar thing.

The current effect that is pushing the foam southward off the left side of the quay entrance is indicative of ocean flow. The rest could be wind driven, but I dont think that is. Im trying to find a couple of definitive aerials that show the whole of the quay and surrounding ocean that would show the R5R6 discharge canal in action.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Sorry Z that I missed the high Kr-85 reading on Dec. 28...was having "Happy Holidays". After reviewing all the convoluted reports posted above...there does seem to be a trend in the Kr-85 detection even with all the deceptive, web-spinning tactics TEPCO uses in their F'ed up reports. Definitively flying by the seat of their pants!!

Im just glad your doing what you do PC. You and tsutsuji are doing important stuff. Between the two of you the rest of us have a good eye on current conditions. Thank you.

on January 6: We adjusted the nitrogen injection rate to PCV of Unit 2 from approx. 10m3/h to approx. 13m3/h in order to decrease amount of steam generated and pressure in PCV for the preparation work for inner inspection of PCV. We adjusted the exhaust amount from PCV gas management system from approx. 30m3/h to approx. 35m3/h.

Wow, theyre letting out alot more gas from R2 PCV than R3 PCV. 22m3/h is being emitted at R2 that is not related to nitro injection. Something is going on.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Trippy vid AC...steam coming out...people running around on the upper floor of Unit 4...and "something" flying overhead or was that a boat...

Fuku Diary stating steam out of Unit 4 early 1/7/12...
fukushima-diary.com...

Hard to tell with the big light in the way.

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is so good....just enjoy.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Another good video..

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

TEPCO still trying to figure out what happened...second page has diagram...searching for their written explanation that will of course not explain anything...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

I'd say iodine pills (for a short half life substance) plus shake, plus water loss, plus nitrogen, plus krypton again = marked recriticality either pool or corium. Guess more people are going to get sick afterwards, like nov/dec spike.

reply to post by Aircooled

Looks like a bus pulls up and a ladder erected, then people access the top floor in white suits! Definately people sized and of similar movements.

In that picture above, it does not look as if the tsunami has hit yet because the structures next to the sea are still intact and there is no damage inland.

I can't see any tanks but I don't see carnage either. Angle isn't the best. There were multiple tsunamis in other footage, so probably at Fukushima too. One thing I notice is that the top of the wave break/pier is covered in water.

edit on 6/1/12 by GhostR1der because: forgot to add other responses

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Google is good, but still under the thumb of the authorities and we do not know who are our friends and who are our enemies at the moment.

The reason I said 'google or similar' was the NSA shareholder factor hehehe. P2P/torrent is one of the easiest and only ways that they'll have no easy say over information dissemination, anyone can download, provided we host the content, together we are a big server array, an information weapon
Updates can be also released as long as it's always one username (or authorised on ATS) with a strong password and monitored uploads (to make sure it is not highjacked). The HTML to operate and sort the files could perhaps be released via ats. ATS sure as hell don't want to deal with gigabytes of replicated data, HTML code is tiny and easily linked or pasted on a post or two, or in an attachment hosted on a sharing site. Utorent with encryption enabled inbound and outbound is what you need to use to secure it a little extra.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

PRAIRIE ISLAND, MN - Emergency Declared

SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE LEAK RESULTED IN AIRBORNE CONCENTRATIONS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS TO LIFE AND HEALTH

www.nrc.gov...

www.twincities.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Strange things happening. I had to watch it a couple times.

I think/hope they just hurry to bring the new Covers for 3 and 4!??!

We are here a little bit optimistic,
in May every Reactor in Japan is in a Cold-Shut-Down,
54 Reactors and all Off-Line

I think after all the Checks done only a few will get an approval the Re-Start,
when i see this right it must be under 5!!!

And we are really the best People for Powersaving, this is great too
and we still have space to develop new energy saving measurements!
edit on 7-1-2012 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
I can't see any tanks but I don't see carnage either. Angle isn't the best. There were multiple tsunamis in other footage, so probably at Fukushima too. One thing I notice is that the top of the wave break/pier is covered in water.

I think that the way there are multiple ripples moving laterly to shore is indicative of post tsunami. Ive seen other post tsunami pics and they have that same ripple effect. But at the end of the day it would be almost impossible to tell unless there was a spot that could be identified as not yet showing tsunami damage.

If this is when they say it is I still want to know what happened to the FBB dark areas. These werent there pre EQ as far as we know looking at stock footage.
edit on 7-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is off topic but in a way not. I just cant stand it anymore.

It all comes back to the grid and the need to silence the energy beast with a trillion tentacles once and for ever more. Its killing everything. This concerns oil and gas exploration, another monster on the same level as nuclear power.

25 pod whales beached in Nelson along the northcoast of the South Island. In Feb last year 100+ whales beached themselves on Steward Island off the southern tip of the South Island. Both of these areas have seen a massive increase in oil and gas (seismic) exploration. In fact, in the last 2 years seismic exploration has exploded off the coast of NZ. These explorations produce seismic waves similar to an EQ, bursts of sound greater in volume than standing next to the worlds biggest rocket as it took off. Over 200 decibels. 48 individual bursts every 7 to 10 seconds 24/7. This is what is driving whales and dolphins up onto sand. The latest beaching found 7 dead and 18 were rescued, but the rescued whales have so far refused to head out to sea and may beach themselves again. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure there is something out in the water that is scaring the sh!t out of them.

Seismic waves can travel around the globe underwater. Seismic explorations off the west coast of North America have beffuddled Russian subs off the coast of Kamchatka before because of interference.

There are three prime areas where seismic exploration is going on. The Taranaki Basin located off the west coast of the North Island is the main focus for oil and gas exploration and production in New Zealand. Off the southern tip of the South Island there has been a recent find in the last few years in what may be one of the biggest plays on this planet, the Great South Basin. As well as these two plays there are enormous reserves of methane hydrates everywhere with the most commercially promising deposits, the Hikurangi Margin, covering around 50,000 square kilometers.

Ending nuclear power is only part of the solution. Without changing how we live, how we consume, how we produce and destroy resources, ending nukes will only mean we will have more of the above, and more coal pollution. As Human posts above, the people in Japan are learning to conserve. Now the world needs to learn this as well even if it slows economic growth way down.

AS LONG AS BANKERS AND FAT CATS FROM THE ENERGY AND CHEMICAL SECTORS CONTROL OUR GOVERNMENTS WE ARE DOOMED. THEY ARE KILLING US AND THIS PLANET!!!!! AND WE WILL NEVER END THIS NIGHTMARE AS LONG AS THE WORLD IS BASED ON A MONETARY SYSTEM THAT NEEDS TO PRODUCE AND GROW BIGGER AND BIGGER EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY.

Its time to kill the grid or watch the earth die. And us too.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
AC, Im 99.99% sure that this is a portion of a vid from March 14th around noon and is part of R3s continuing expulsion. You can tell its R3 because its on the left side of the 3/4 exhaust stack.

Below shows R4s south wall intact. Even though all indicators are that R4 went off in segments, I believe the south wall was still messed up a bit from the initial expulsion and shaking that occurred around 6AM on the 15th.

If this is from the March 14th vid, I have been looking for that ever since late March. Its from the road up the mountain that TBS cam is on. Its a hand held capture done by an independent. Its been rumored to exist but I didn't know it had hit a media station. If we could get our hands on that puppy it would be as big a score as the march 16th vid of the Valley of Death.

It answers a very important question and almost raps up the investigation into R3s blast. Ill post later the connections and questions answered.

AC scores again. Damn good job.
edit on 7-1-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1172  1173  1174    1176  1177  1178 >>

join